Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worgen/Human Physiological traits

+13
Lexgrad
Morinth
Ave/Sariella
Grufftoof
Sharyssa/Adenah
Drustai
Gesh
Nessra Sunwhisper
Feydor
Rmuffn
Kristeas Sunbinder
erwtenpeller
Demurral
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Worgen/Human Physiological traits Empty Worgen/Human Physiological traits

Post by Demurral Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:54 am

Just a quick question to ask, based on something that has been bugging me recently.
After the ritual inside Tal'Doren that gives worgen permanent control of their sanity and the ability to shift forms, do their human forms gain any traits or physical differences that an outsider could notice, and thus know that they are a worgen? I think I saw something about the whites of the eyes being slightly discoloured, but I'm not 100% sure if this is the case. I haven't done the Forsaken quests, so I don't know if that sheds any light on this. Can anyone give me a definite answer?
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet
Name: Greyclaw
Title: Witch of the Wilds

Back to top Go down

Worgen/Human Physiological traits Empty Re: Worgen/Human Physiological traits

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:58 am

I don't think there is much of a difference beyond the cultural ones between Gillneans and the rest of the human peoples. You should be able to reconise the accent and manurisms, possubly even the victorian dress-style.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:12 am

It's a curse right? That would make it magical in nature. That would mean that Arcanists and probubly Divine dudes could probubly sense it. If they are attuned to such a thing.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:30 am

Delidah / Scuzy wrote:It's a curse right? That would make it magical in nature. That would mean that Arcanists and probubly Divine dudes could probubly sense it. If they are attuned to such a thing.
I imagine that druids might sense something aswell.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Demurral Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:56 am

So, a run of the mill person on the street should not be able to sense such things, but Druids especially and magical users maybe able to sense the "cloud" of magic that dictates their real form? (though, I have noticed that a few worgen in human form do wear the typical Stormwind garb, so thats not always noticable.)
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet
Name: Greyclaw
Title: Witch of the Wilds

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:06 pm

Maybe someone with a dog that barks at worgen?
Or if the worgen wears loose fittinging clothing so he can shift back and forth, the clothing might smell worgen-ish? (yes, I am thinking "wet dog")
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:21 pm

Sure, that could work.

But let's be clear about one thing; just because you can OOC see that someone is a worgen, don't assume your character would be able to. When I'm trying to determine if someone is a magic user on Deli, I always just send em a little OOC /w to ask what she would be able to pick up.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:25 pm

Wait for Gahalla to make a post.

She knows -everything-.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Feydor Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:28 pm

maybe their farts smell really really bad
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet
Name: Theodore
Title: Grand Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessra Sunwhisper Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:29 pm

You should be able to reconise the accent and manurisms, possubly even the victorian dress-style.

Even though the majority of Gilneans became worgen, there are ones that didn't. I don't think there is a 100% sure way to tell if one is a worgen or not, just by looking at them. People who sense curses and shizzle are another case though, I guess.
Nessra Sunwhisper
Nessra Sunwhisper

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Title: Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:31 pm

As mentioned, just because someone is Gilnean, doesn't make them a worgen. On the other hand, your very unlikely to find someone who ISN'T a Gilnean, who happens to be a worgen (Though ferals cured in Duskwood, not without standing.)
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:38 pm

Annabeth Helmsley wrote:As mentioned, just because someone is Gilnean, doesn't make them a worgen. On the other hand, your very unlikely to find someone who ISN'T a Gilnean, who happens to be a worgen (Though ferals cured in Duskwood, not without standing.)

Nah, there's plenty of worgen who aren't Gilnean. The Hillsbrad Worgen from the Forsaken quests, for example, and any worgen cursed via players in RP (as, despite what everyone seems to think, the Tal'doren ritual does not make worgen unable to spread the curse).

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:50 pm

Other worgens can ofc smell the curse on one another, or those with heightened sence of smell would perhaps be able to pick it up like mentioned there -is- a distinct remaining scent around the worgen. Possibly less when the worgen doesn't shift often and such and thus leaves out the smell of the form alot more.

And Drust, the "cured" worgen don't pass it on by bite or clawing I believe from what was gathered, that feral cursing has been altered/changed to passing on blood which then sets the curse off to a non-worgenised human. If that's what you refer to ^^
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet
Name: Skytalon/Duskeye
Title: Archer/Pyromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:57 pm

Sharyssa/Adenah wrote:And Drust, the "cured" worgen don't pass it on by bite or clawing I believe from what was gathered, that feral cursing has been altered/changed to passing on blood which then sets the curse off to a non-worgenised human. If that's what you refer to ^^

Quote the source, because I've looked up pretty much everything available and nothing ever is made to imply they can't spread it by biting.

Crowley spreads it through having the Hillsbrad people drink his blood, but there is nothing that says he can't spread it through biting.

If someone has a source that says you can no longer spread it through biting, then it needs to be posted. I've gone through all the quest dialogue from both Worgen and Forsaken quests, and nothing is ever said to that effect.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:45 pm

A guard remarked on my "wolfish grin" and the "hair growing from my ears" in Skyrim the other day.

I'd always assumed a few people might have one or two showing traits of the curse in WoW too. Maybe a slightly hunched back, the smell of meat on their (bad) breath, hairy palms? Razz
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Ave/Sariella Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:09 pm

I agree with gruff, discoloured eyes could be one aswell as mentioned somewhere.
Ave/Sariella
Ave/Sariella

Character sheet
Name: Analeigh Avery Blackdawn
Title: Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:32 pm

I haven't RPd with any other Worgen who were able to tell my Lire was one, unless she was in the form for it. X_x She has a fondness for rare steak, but she couldn't afford that, so that wouldn't be much of a give-away. The only time it would be noticeable is when her Cartel friends warn people that her bite is worse than her bark.
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:35 pm

Drustai wrote:
Annabeth Helmsley wrote:As mentioned, just because someone is Gilnean, doesn't make them a worgen. On the other hand, your very unlikely to find someone who ISN'T a Gilnean, who happens to be a worgen (Though ferals cured in Duskwood, not without standing.)

Nah, there's plenty of worgen who aren't Gilnean. The Hillsbrad Worgen from the Forsaken quests, for example, and any worgen cursed via players in RP (as, despite what everyone seems to think, the Tal'doren ritual does not make worgen unable to spread the curse).

It's from the blood thing that 90% of the rp'ers have gone to the extend that it's not passed on by biting and clawins.
Realistically, any fight or perhaps a simple "grab" IC that is less cautious could polulate the entire human race into becoming worgen if you go that far. Also meaning that any worgen fighting would nearly always create more worgen if the opponent is a human. Just look at the extend at how many people could probably end up being forced to become a worgen just because of it, being cured yet having to constantly be wary of spreading the curse doesn't look like much of a cure to me either, even if it aint mentioned literally it's not too far fetched to believe either.

If it's the case, that would mean my rogue is going to be worgen cause of being clawed, and my mage would have needed to be one for the same reason several times <.< While I don't -want- them to be worgen.
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:41 pm

Clawing and biting would be silly. My Worgen uses her form to manhandle people for the Cartel, most of the poor sods walking through the Dwarven District would be Worgen by now. She grabs them by the ankles and shakes them til the gold falls out.
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:52 pm

I don't believe clawing spreads it. It's something in the saliva and the blood, and I can't recall any lore that states it's spread by clawing. So bites and drinking the blood will spread it, but claws most likely not. Sex possibly does, too, due to the mixing of bodily fluids.

However, even if you think it spreading by biting is silly, no lore has said that that aspect has gone away, and therefore you should not assume it is not there. It is your worgen's job to try to avoid biting people and risk spreading it. It is a curse, it should be treated as a curse. If you don't want to infect someone, then you need to work at not infecting them.

Unless canonical evidence states that the worgen no longer transmit the curse by bite after Tal'doren, then we have to assume they still do. Crowley spreading it through blood is not evidence that bite doesn't work. If you don't want to spread it to other RPers, then avoid biting them--clawing should be fine.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:10 pm

Having a weight of responsablity on worgens not to bite just in case it would spread the curse is cool. It would make me more likely to RP as one, rather than RPing a rawr worgen you would have to become socially resposable or else be a monster. Dont view it as a bad thing, great RP imo
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:12 pm

Lexgrad wrote:Having a weight of responsablity on worgens not to bite just in case it would spread the curse is cool. It would make me more likely to RP as one, rather than RPing a rawr worgen you would have to become socially resposable or else be a monster. Dont view it as a bad thing, great RP imo

Exactly.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:21 pm

Aye, and since when are ALL rp'ers goodie two-shoes IC? Just saying if you are against an "enemy" and as worgen.....
It makes little sense to force them to say "You cannot bite in combat cause that spreads curse" cause frankly said person will not give a shit if the enemy gets cursed from an IC point of view. So pointing out awareness and being cautious is "bullshit".
And sex is even more-so making rp go "You cannot date anything human cause ...." might I remind you it's also the case of not having condoms in WoW :p

That it aint mentioned and with the blood doesn't give 100% proof that it is not removed either, your own statement goes just as much against it.
It's nowhere stated it's gone literally, not stated it's still there.
-Logically- to -cure- someone I would assume the aspect would also be removed of passing it on in such ways for the fact that the Kaldorei probably would have kept in mind -any- loss of controll turns several more with the same curse. Which makes more sense then it remaining.

Edit: keep in mind Blizz has never -cared- about rp'ers needing such detail, which might be the very reason it's never been given. Or never been bothered to explain why it was passed on with blood by Crowley.
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:35 pm

The bite used to transfer it, unless it is lore that it no longer does, it is the default that it still does. A bite does not need to be 100% affective, the person bitten can seek medics, or be lucky or even unlucky. It is RP that makes RP, healers tensely trying to save someone from a curse ect ect.

As to the fight, I am a DK RPer who mostly doesnt use runic magic in SW due to it being illegal, I survive. I am sure a worgen could manage if there bite became slightly dodgy. If you dont care for the enemy you fight with, bite him! The bite will make RP for your char and for the other one.

Sex without birth control sucks bad. Up to you whether worgen can be spread like that but bear in mind how lucky we are in this age. IRL terms, the amount of sex I have had, if there was not birth control likely I have 10-15 bastards running about! Think about it in those terms. Back then if you wanted casual sex you would make babies. Without condoms you will catch STIs. When your char has unprotected sex ic in the back of your ic mind should be fear.. well after the event anyhow.

Last edited by Lexgrad on Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:40 pm

Worgen curse is like rabies
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa