Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Culling Ashenvale! [Finished]

+19
(Goggy) - Exilius
Dorik Thunderbelly
Arodeesa
Zinkle Figgins
Exigua
Sanara
Geldar
Zhakiri
Eavya Morninglight
Mandui
Grolzuul
Calisar
Shriyaro
Deinhardt
Vethelot
Nayan
Saevir
Raelan
Shrogan
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Culling Ashenvale! [Finished] Empty Culling Ashenvale! [Finished]

Post by Shrogan Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:58 pm

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen! This is the new event that's been hitting Kalimdor! Trolls all around, Elves about and plenty of clashing and fighting funsies to be had! But but but! Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Let me explain folkses what's been coming down!

What is this event about:
This event is about the defense of the Night Elves against the horrible and savage Trolls of the Empire! It's about the guerrila warfare in the woods, about the evergoing tension between Trolls and Night Elves, both of them terrific predators in a wilderness that is no less than hostile. It is mainly about WPvP. However, there are pure RP events. Perhaps Nelven politics? The Trolls attempting to drain down a Moonwell? You decide!

The Plot:
The Trolls of the Empire have long been fighting in Stranglethorn to safekeep their Empire. They have fought Humans, they have fought the Hakkari, they have fought the entirety of the Alliance, as well as sometimes, one or another unfriendly Horde incursion. However, Trolls have prevailed.
Upon the ascenscion of the new Emperor, and having finally after years of struggle secured the Vale once and for all, the Empire began focusing on it's expansionistic moves. First, the Empire set its eyes upon Darkshire, which was under a civil war at the time. Several patrols and taskforces were dispatched to the North, but eventually they too were pushed back to the Vale. The borders remained unchanged.
Perhaps the Empire was not strong enough to challenge Stormwind's armies on itself as of yet. But perhaps... perhaps there is a way.
Emperor Shro'gan and the Grand Vizier Tziak met, and together they came up with a plan. Similar to the Devourer and the Loa, a Troll gains strength through sacrifice. By consuming the Spirits of the Lesser as well as the sinister powers they worship and pray upon, they could gather enough spiritual mass to strengthen and feed the Empire accordingly.
Several scouts were dispatched to try and find a breach within the Alliance's defenses, and it just so happened that one of these Trolls stumbled upon a skirmish between Orcs, Sin'Dorei and Kal'Dorei. She reported back. The Night Elves were battered and drained. The Draenei, due to this, would soon be within reach as well.
The target had been chosen. And it was quite perfect as well, for the Empire has many an interest amidst the vast lands of Kalimdor. A small army was dispatched to begin their grim task.
Genocide and destruction.

Atmosphere:
The setting in Ashenvale is one of tension and present hostilities. There are Trolls and Night Elves lurking and stalking one another in the woods. While the Night Elves have the advantage of the familiar landscape, the Trolls are hardened hunters as well, moving together as one strong block of blood and savagery.
However, the Night Elves are worn and battered. The Trolls have only just arrived and seem to be ready to reap their lives. And as conflict hits their lands one more time, hopelessness and despair may begin to settle within the Night Elves. Will they band together to fight off this arising threat?

Occupation of settlements:
Currently, Silverwind Refuge has been recaptured.
Trolls lurk the woods still however.
Raynewood Retreat has been burned down by Night Elves.

Guilds involved:
Currently this project has been kept between the Second Gurubashi Empire, Winterblades, Nature's Grasp and Halya (And possibly more Draenei).
If you wish to participate and join in the event, contact one of the parties involved both IC and OOC. Perhaps this may escalate into an epic event and who knows, perhaps something which plenty of people can enjoy!

Rules:
1) Before joining, please, make sure that all the people of the guilds around which this project revolves know of your participation and have given a green light to do so.
2) Random attacks may occur, should patrols bump into each other. However, taking/conquering land can only be done through arranged events.
3) Crashing events. Well, this depends. If you do not wish an event to be crashed please say so before-hand. However, if we decide to hold a barbequeue in the middle of a warzone, we can't really complain if we're jumped on by an enemy patrol. Both Trolls and Night elves are prowling the woods and are a common threat to one another.
4) If you have complaints or suggestions (unless it is constructive criticism and feedback) take them to the officers of the guilds involved.
5) And here finally, the basic rules of WPvP. Be polite, don't CC, and the likes. I believe that is pretty much clear by now to everyone. If you don't want to be attacked, don't attack either. If you attack, despite being in a RP-PvP server, don't be an asshole and annoy people again and again.

Chapter One: Invasion!
Trolls have invaded Ashenvale and have occupied the Silverwind Refuge as well as the surrounding area. The Night Elves were taken by surprise and many were either slaughtered or enslaved. The Trolls feast upon the spirits of the fallen!

Chapter Two: The ritual unfolds!

As a Troll reinforcement force is about to join the ritual of draining, they have stumbled into the Elves, as they worked to close the Talondeep pass. The patrol was recovered as well as the fetishes which they carried. As battle waged, the Trolls hurried to collect the Spirits of the Mystral Lake. The ritual is finished, and the Spirits have been collected into several orbs which the Trolls then have kept for themselves. Some of the spirits of the fallen were collected as well, as the offensive party of the Night Elves was defeated. The tunnel however, was closed.

Chapter Three: A foiled plan!
As the Trolls attempted to push forward to the Ruins of Stardust they were ambushed and lead into a trap. They suffered heavy casualties and not only were they stopped, but they also were pushed back, outside the Refuge. It'd seem that the Elves were far too big a threat for the time being.

Looking for:
A map maker please! Like the pretty ones in Duskwood!

Last edited by Shrogan on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:52 am; edited 4 times in total

Shrogan

Back to top Go down

Culling Ashenvale! [Finished] Empty Re: Culling Ashenvale! [Finished]

Post by Raelan Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:47 pm

Tsk, you guys called it when we just started kicking ass.
Guess you barricaded yourself good inthere, wouldn't get too comfy though.

And better hope the fight doesn't go towards your territory :>
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Saevir Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:23 pm

Had fun monitoring the battles yesterday. Dotting up alliance from the rafters of Silverwing Refuge with neither troll nor night elf noticing was awesome ^^
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:23 pm

Hahaha, Sae xD
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vethelot Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:43 pm

After a meeting of the order of Natures Grasp, and an assesment of the situation decisions were made. The orders numbers are few, but the ones left are strong. The Winterblades have pledged troops to this threat, but numbers are still few. We are seeking aid from those we have not asked in a while....
Vethelot
Vethelot

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:09 pm

Cleaned the trash. Keep it clean.
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Deinhardt Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:00 am

Aha, now i get it, sorry if i showed up in the middle of anything, Phelps and Co. I reckoned i could head out and check out what was happening in ashenvale, seeing as a clean invite,or flagging as a participant is needed then Wink

Deinhardt

Back to top Go down

Post by Shriyaro Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:54 am

I think at least some of Wandering Company would be interested in this.

However, we're currently parked up in Ironforge and we don't have any specific contacts amongst the Night Elves. I have no intention of just shipping off to Kalimdor without either an IC plea for help going out to the Alliance in general or without a reasonable length of time passing such that the attacks there can become common knowledge.

I'll try and contact some of the nelves to determine if there's a sensible way we can get involved.
Shriyaro
Shriyaro

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Calisar Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:47 am

Vethelot wrote:After a meeting of the order of Natures Grasp, and an assesment of the situation decisions were made. The orders numbers are few, but the ones left are strong. The Winterblades have pledged troops to this threat, but numbers are still few. We are seeking aid from those we have not asked in a while....

Looking forward to it Wink
Calisar
Calisar

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grolzuul Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:00 pm

*Hammer to face of Night Elf*

"We want YOU - To join the Empire!"

BLOOD! FIRE! DEATH! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! *Launches himself off a catapult Warhammer Online Trailer style*
Grolzuul
Grolzuul

Back to top Go down

Post by Vethelot Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:19 pm

Meeting was had. Alliances have been forged..... The trolls and their allies will not be there for long. Blood will be spilt and victory will be had.

The forest has awoken with a united battlecry!
Vethelot
Vethelot

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:39 pm

Vethelot wrote:The trolls and their allies will not be there for long.
Ye pathetic lil' flappie. Us trolls have fought alone thus far. If ye can't even match the Empire alone, then wait until we call in our allies.

BLOOD! FIRE! DEATH!
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Vethelot Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:51 pm

Harsh words, but you will not sway our calm.

Let not your mouth make sounds but let your blade and axe sing.

Ours is the forest, our home. You will be driven from these lands. Just listen the sweet song sweaping through the trees... The sound of many blades hungering for troll blood.
Vethelot
Vethelot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:02 pm

Or give in to the truth that the orcs will wtfpwn you. =D

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:10 pm

Vethelot wrote:Harsh words, but you will not sway our calm.

Let not your mouth make sounds but let your blade and axe sing.

Ours is the forest, our home. You will be driven from these lands. Just listen the sweet song sweaping through the trees... The sound of many blades hungering for troll blood.
Your calm will be replaced by the same fear and despair, that was filling the eyes of those you cast their gaze upon us two nights ago. The weapons I will use will be much more tormenting and painful than any axe or blade can match. Your mind will melt and you will plead for a swift death. Your lands will fall back to their rightful owners, the ones who were here before your puny existence came to be.

Enjoy the sweet song of your trees while ye still can, moon elf. You will soon not be able to hear it anymore amongst the screams and cries of your people.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:24 pm

Mandui wrote:
Your calm will be replaced by the same fear and despair, that was filling the eyes of those you cast their gaze upon us two nights ago. The weapons I will use will be much more tormenting and painful than any axe or blade can match. Your mind will melt and you will plead for a swift death. Your lands will fall back to their rightful owners, the ones who were here before your puny existence came to be.

Enjoy the sweet song of your trees while ye still can, moon elf. You will soon not be able to hear it anymore amongst the screams and cries of your people.

That wouldn't happen to be right around the time SGE left when we started winning with 5v12?
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:32 pm

Relithien wrote:
That wouldn't happen to be right around the time SGE left when we started winning with 5v12?
/slap

Stop the QQ already.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Vethelot Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:22 pm

Apologies for all tonight. I will get in here quick before the discussion starts.

The fault for this event lies on my shoulders. I over-estimated the size of the force we were facing and asked way too many people to attend.

I did IC'ly vist nearly all that were there btw.

Massive apologies to the trolls, i know you guys are really not happy at all. If anyone has any issues, please grab me in game and i can try to explain.
Vethelot
Vethelot

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrogan Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:23 pm

Regarding the events which transpired tonight, they will be taken to the leaders of the organisations involved. I'd appreciate if the forum was kept clean Smile

Shrogan

Back to top Go down

Post by Eavya Morninglight Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:32 pm

I wouldn't mind being included in this discussion off forum. I partly feel like it was my fault aswell!

Anyway, really think we all can learn something and plan differently on the next event!

And also... It -was- nice to see so many interested though!
Eavya Morninglight
Eavya Morninglight

Character sheet
Name: Eavya Morninglight
Title: Priestess of Elune

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:45 pm

I would just like to say, that although the event was a washout. I had excellent fun in the OOC W-PvP that transpired after it. Smile \o/ <3
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Calisar Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:55 pm

Nygarth/Rir'rae wrote:I would just like to say, that although the event was a washout. I had excellent fun in the OOC W-PvP that transpired after it. Smile \o/ <3

Glad you enjoyed that bit then Smile

And hey Veth, don't take it on your shoulders so much. W-pvp can be damn tricky to balance and you might never get credit for trying whichever way it ends ^^ so /salute

Eavie, absolutely. yay for big battles and the fact such numbers -can- be found.
Calisar
Calisar

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:57 pm

I don't want to bite anyones head off here, and Mod's feel free to delete this.

But is it that hard to log over, now we can, and just ask how many numbers either side has? Even better, use MSN? ...
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:01 pm

I can easily say that we will not aid you any further in this due to OOC.
Call it metagaming. But being insulted in /raid for being invited to the raid blaming the "blowed event" on three players who only attended when asked so ICly, is not what I fancy nor will put my members through.

Clay out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:07 pm

Clay/Gorge wrote:Clay out.

*soothes* Just breathe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next