Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The great "get deli a laptop" commission drive.

+8
dellore
Shaelyssa
Ave/Sariella
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Thelos
Jeanpierre
Kettin
erwtenpeller
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The great "get deli a laptop" commission drive. Empty The great "get deli a laptop" commission drive.

Post by erwtenpeller Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:11 pm

I'll be as honest and straightforward as i can here.

A couple of weeks ago, my bag got stolen from me, in it: My laptop.
My laptop was my primary means of doing EVERYTHING.
Not only did I use it to play wow, I also made my music on it and used it for my drawings.

In hopes of gathering up the funds to get me a new machine, I've started a commission drive, offering my art at greatly reduced rates. All commissions will be created on computers of friends, family and/or work, where-ever i can find someone that is willing to part from their machine for a moment or two.

Any contribution no matter how small will help, and any contribution will receive a custom piece of art.

The blog about this drive can be found here:
http://erwtenpellerneedsalaptop.blogspot.com/
Along with any further information.

Even if you don't have anything to contribute or simply don't want to, it would mean a great deal to me if you guys could spread this along to your guild forums, other realm forums, or even your social networks. Every little bit will help me get back onto my feet.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

The great "get deli a laptop" commission drive. Empty Re: The great "get deli a laptop" commission drive.

Post by Kettin Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:20 am

When I finish work I will have a look at this. Sorry to hear about your stuff being stolen Sad
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet
Name: Kettin Bilewood
Title: High Executor - Forsaken Military

Back to top Go down

The great "get deli a laptop" commission drive. Empty Re: The great "get deli a laptop" commission drive.

Post by Jeanpierre Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:52 pm

While talking on the subject of theft of personal objects, a friend and myself invented the concept of a portable, remote, ignition controller. The device was a remote control with only one button, a red button. Pressing it would immediately detonate any object you owned, but which was just stolen from you. The explosive force would be directly proportional to sum of the object's emotional value and your level of dependence on the object. We deemed the threat to public health an acceptable risk... after all, the explosion would be in balance with emotional value. It would be worth blowing up a few things for objects you value. It had one more interesting property: you couldn't loose it. Even if someone stole it from you, you would automatically obtain a spare in your hand so you could blow up the thief holding the stolen controller.
Sadly, we never managed to build the device, so I can't lend you the device.

Perhaps, instead of a drawing of my character, you could draw me such a device instead? That way, I could lend it to you, and I could have it back in time to blow up the new owner of my stolen iPod.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:19 pm

Wouldn't it more prudent to just have that red button teleport the desired button back to you?
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:29 pm

That would defy the laws of physics (duh), and eliminate gratification.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:33 pm

Jeanpierre/Ragnilde wrote:That would defy the laws of physics (duh), and eliminate gratification.

Screw the laws of physics!. Subjugate to the laws of Ethics and dissapropiate retribution!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:43 pm

Thelos wrote:[Screw the laws of physics!
*Delidah beams with pride*
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:46 pm

It's -my- device, Thelos and I want mine to make things go *boom*! Evil or Very Mad

I looked over at your pricing Delidah and it hit me with a pang of sadness. It would require a great deal of artwork to accumulate the funds for a new machine at those rates. Considering the laptop must serve the broad amount of applications you run on it, I assume a cheap little bugger won't do.

If you don't mind us being so blunt to ask such questions, do you intend to fund the machine fully with art or do you hope to just soften the financial cost?
Also.. have you been getting some requests already?
Will you publicize the artwork done within this commission drive?
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:15 pm

Jeanpierre/Ragnilde wrote:I looked over at your pricing Delidah and it hit me with a pang of sadness. It would require a great deal of artwork to accumulate the funds for a new machine at those rates. Considering the laptop must serve the broad amount of applications you run on it, I assume a cheap little bugger won't do.
The goal is to raise 750,-
do you intend to fund the machine fully with art or do you hope to just soften the financial cost?
I intend to fund it with anything i can get my hands on; This commission drive being a big part of that. This is the only thing I really do well enough to ask money for; so this is what I'm going to do.
Also.. have you been getting some requests already?
Yes. I will keep a list of this on the blog as well. So far Thelos has commissioned a picture of his character, with a price yet to be determined. Senariul has commissioned a picture of an old character, including background and a whole scene, for 110,-
Theres also two other people that have commissioned smaller character sketches of things like D&D campaign characters.

I will work through the list on a first-come-first serve basis unless discussed otherwise.
Will you publicize the artwork done within this commission drive?
I will publish everything on the blog unless requested otherwise.

I hope this answers your questions. Smile
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:59 pm

Sorry to be a little bit slow, but just to confirm are the prices listed on the righthand side the reduced prices or are they different from the ones currently displayed?

And what's the estimate time for work to be completed? Will send you a message soon, very interested in your artwork <3

Edit: Derp, sorry just realized the tumblr is for the commision drive itself.
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:29 pm

Those prices are indeed the reduced rates.

The time till completion depends on the type of commission and the amount of commissions in front of you.
(And on the X factor that is how long it takes me to get the concept right, but I'm not going to charge for that)
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ave/Sariella Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:07 pm

I'd go for it.. But seeing as i am rather cheap myself due to being poor, i dunno Sad
Ave/Sariella
Ave/Sariella

Character sheet
Name: Analeigh Avery Blackdawn
Title: Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:57 pm

I would love to help out and commission something!!!! But how would I pay for it? I'm such a scaredy cat when it comes to paying for stuff online ... except for wow ofc and amazon but still ya :s
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:21 am

I have setup a paypal account, which you should be able to pay for with a credit card. Else, you can always use an international bank transfer right to my bank account.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by dellore Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:26 pm

Got to be honest, I have been looking for nice pics of some of my characters, and the thought of commissioning one -has- crossed my mind. I've been held off so far by the cost and the fact that everyone I look at seems to solely do anime/chibi-fied style drawings, which is the polra opposite of what I want. This is a world of horrific war, nobody wants to run around with stubby little limbs and adorable faces, amiright? Anyway, back on topic, if I'm going to start shilling out cash for pictures, I'd much rather put it to a good cause like this one. If I manage to scrounge some spare moolah together you can expect some business from me.
dellore
dellore

Character sheet
Name: Michael "Ash-tooth" Dellore
Title: The Red Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:28 pm

It would mean the world to me <3

Just as a little update; I'm going to start churning these out next week. This week I have to spend most of my free hours into preparing my live "war of the worlds" DJ set.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:29 pm

I totally lost track of this. How is it going Deli? Is there still room for more?
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:00 pm

There is definetly room for more. There is always room for more. Progress is going very slow though, things keep popping up in between. I hope to finish Thelos' comission tonight, and another one over the weekend.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:08 pm

I have a commission then... PM or ingame chat for it then?
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:37 pm

Well, I can't play the game right now because I don't own a computer to run it on... So a PM will have to do.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:53 am

ohhh!! ohhh!! definatly gotta have a look I now its a bit necro bump of me but i would love a full pick of monrena not just of her face deli has seen her in game amd may be able to depict her quite well with my discription of monny...
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:37 pm

Possubly Wink
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:44 pm

Grrr....Tempting, but got no money Sad
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Velspeth Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:53 pm

I am so sorry you had your laptop stolen Sad

What sort of prices do you ask? x
Velspeth
Velspeth

Character sheet
Name: Lady Velspeth Wollerton
Title: Diplomat, Priestess Cleric, Magistrate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:46 pm

An Awesome Lexy sketch would be nice Very Happy
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next