Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Jig is Up, Cathedral, 20:00 Sunday the 4th of December.

+35
Drustai
Valestrion
Tso/Feloreth
Dharum
Saevir
Amatho
Lavian
Eowale
Braiden
Morinth
Geneviève
Geldar
Mandui
Osmand
Jeanpierre
Lorainne/Bridlington
Gahalla
Kristeas Sunbinder
Sanara
Ralegh
Ishap/Virock
Ledgic
Seranita
Amaryl
Valdar/Melan
Aleric
Lyniath
Lephia
Lexgrad
Timna
Rmuffn
Thelos
Melnerag
Raelan
Fortesgue
39 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Jig is Up, Cathedral, 20:00 Sunday the 4th of December. Empty The Jig is Up, Cathedral, 20:00 Sunday the 4th of December.

Post by Fortesgue Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:11 pm

So, to kick this all off... incoming spoiler!

Under no circumstances do you read the next line if you do not wish to know.

Or the next, seriously, this is a warning of spoilage!

Come now, if you do not wish to know the WoW story do not continue reading!

Oh, and if you didnt know this spoiler already, your an ostrich.

Basically, Archbishop Benedictus is a plonker.

Ok so now that's cleared out of the way, in the next patch (4.whatever) The Archbishop is going to go betrayer mode, but alas do not panic, or in fact, do panic.

I still do not know if he is going to actually be removed from the Cathedral or not in terms of NPC placement however i was thinking we should make an event surrounding the betrayal of the Archbishop IC and the effects upon the church and the citizens therein.

Opportunities ive been thinking on:
For one, it would give us all a chance to be apart of the development of the Church IC on our server, thats great!
Might also bring some life back to the old building, and perhaps we can show those losers from goldshire how to RP.
Will hopefully give the church some sort of presence again if only for a short time, its been lacking and lonely recently.

I cannot deny there is a sense of selfishness here, yes i love the church, yes i love to RP the church, yes i love to RP in the church and yes i love to RP.

Ive been brainstorming recently over the effects of the leader of the church - yes this is right- the "leader" is going to betray us all. Surely that should have a significant impact on the church, its standing in the city and all Light believers.

What i was thinking of seeing:
We hold a week long RP event that occurs every evening for a week, lets say random RP sessions with a single subject.
The more radical Light groups giving it gusto on the preaching, from the chapter to the Scarlets. (this is your chance to really give us some good speeches)
An actual temporary RP hotspot again.

Im just thinking it would be too much of an opportunity to pass up all things considered, especially considering the Light is such a big part of many of our characters.

Last edited by Fortesgue on Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:08 pm; edited 3 times in total
Fortesgue
Fortesgue

Character sheet
Name: Fortesgue Witherthorpe
Title: Bishop

Back to top Go down

The Jig is Up, Cathedral, 20:00 Sunday the 4th of December. Empty Re: The Jig is Up, Cathedral, 20:00 Sunday the 4th of December.

Post by Raelan Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:24 pm

SI will round up all major religious figures for intensive debriefing purposes. As most of them are old men, we do not count on many seeing it through.

Owh, Fortesgue is an old man is he not?
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

The Jig is Up, Cathedral, 20:00 Sunday the 4th of December. Empty Re: The Jig is Up, Cathedral, 20:00 Sunday the 4th of December.

Post by Melnerag Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:50 pm

It is a fantastic idea.

Day 1: The Archbishop is 'revealed', Cathedral is under lock-down, all major religious figures are being detained for questioning, Royal Forces try to 'cover things up' to avoid mass-panick (Possibly siege of Northshire, as I doubt the Vicar of the chapter will just surrender...and Chapter DOES like fire....and fire is kinda deathwing's thing)

Day 2: Cultists have managed to get their hands on the leaked info, and are spreading it through the city. Royal forces are occupied with Northshire. Scarlets move into town using the window of opportunity. likely the city breaks into mass rioting.

Day 3: Siege of Northshire is over, church figures are cleared of suspicion, law-enforcement is trying to restore piece to the streets. Churchmen meet up and try to come with ways to salvage the faith.

....and we just roll RP from there.

Potentially we can decide, for the greater glory of Role-play, to either give Community of Light more IC power OR make an IC curia of the Church of the Holy Light. Could be fun RP as priests of different denominations and interpretations from softie to hardcore Anethionean, from Paladin to Crusader argue about Church-course and new Archbishop. (We can just RP arguing, and doing all politicing...and stop when lorewise new archbishop is revealed)
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:55 pm

Turning something very ugly into something brimming with fantastic RP potential...You can count on my support with this if you need a semi-neutral voice of Light.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:55 pm

It will make people see how soft the Church have become and cause lightly followers to join the Chapter.

But ah.. It sounds like a great idea and all, ^^
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:59 pm

Or...embrace the Naaru! *waits for Sanara to land a killer-line here*
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortesgue Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:02 pm

the Naaru suck

Yes i said it.

(though part of me likes them and would like to see them actually developed and made realistic)

but yes Ex-nub, thats the sort of thing id love to see.
Fortesgue
Fortesgue

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:03 pm

I'd love this! I will direct the Eyes to this thread. Very Happy
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:05 pm

The whole plot has to end with Fortesgue siding with Zaraj and betraying Exaythe in a most horrible way.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortesgue Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:05 pm

Never. Going. To. Happen.
Fortesgue
Fortesgue

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:11 pm

Fortesgue wrote:the Naaru suck

Yes i said it.

(though part of me likes them and would like to see them actually developed and made realistic)

More realistic in what way, specificly? I mean, we're talking about Transdimensional creatures of pure Light beyond mortal comprehension. I'm not sure what "more realistic" would mean in this particular context.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:18 pm

It is not realistic to expect them to suck either.

Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:19 pm

The Naaru need some more fleshing out (no pun intended), and they need a ROLE. Right now they just...float there. Shouldn't powerful beings be actively present in fight against the Lich King and Deathwing?
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:22 pm

That would be a left field twist if A'dal pwns DW
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:26 pm

Anything that specific and corperal would only lessen their status in my eyes. I actually like them as distant, unreachable and aloof guides. They do not aid us in their struggles for reasons yet unknown to us. They are beings that are so completely alien and incomprehensible that they cannot directly mingle in to mortal affairs. They should be a force on the sidelines, subtly encouraging the Lightsworn races to doing good, rather than joining them in battle in some physical way. "Just floating there" is exactly what I feel they should be doing.

That's just like, my opinion, man. Lets not derail this thread and turn it into a Naaru discussion, though. Perhaps we should safe that for some other day.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortesgue Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:28 pm

They should be a force on the sidelines, subtly encouraging the Lightsworn races to doing good, rather than joining them in battle in some physical way. "Just floating there" is exactly what I feel they should be doing.

This, except why dont they just make them float in places that mean stuff XD
having a Naaru ambassador in the Cath, or so, wouldnt go amiss in my opinion, even if it did -nothing- Very Happy

And i agree! less derailage, we need to plan this event, anyone know when the patch is actually due, or if the Archbishop will still be in the Cathedral?
Fortesgue
Fortesgue

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:32 pm

I heard some rumor about the young prince Wrynn becoming the new religious leader in the Cathedral. I dont know if thats confirmed, though. As for the patch; it could be coming anwywhere between one and three months, I think.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortesgue Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:35 pm

Well, the young prince becoming the leader would be interesting.. but utterly unusual, hes only just started learning..

But then i like him! hes actually quite a cool character XD

damn Blizz really, since i have a feeling you are right and he will become it.
Fortesgue
Fortesgue

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:39 pm

This uncertainty I feel is the biggest obstacle in plannig this at the moment. It would be nice to know in advance which NPC is going to take Bendedictus' place. I woud suggest not planning anything specific untill the betas begin and all shall be revealed. The Beta will give us all the information we'll need.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortesgue Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:42 pm

Actually i consider the end completely irrelevant, since that will likely happen at the exact same time as the betrayal lore wise or be made in some book.

The whole point of this post is to plan for the event that reveals the initial "Boom" and to see who wants to take part. Literally this is a role call.

And i would love love love, to see the Cathedral members arrested or under investigation, with all powers and responsibilities withheld pending reviews and such and so forth, would any of the guards be willing to do this?
Having the guards surround the Cathedral like a blockade and cause a total scene would be brilliant!

Fortesgue
Fortesgue

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:46 pm

Count me up. I'll help you plan it if you want, but I can mainly only attend on a faithful woman or a cultist. Or both.

It seems that the son Wrynn will indeed be a priest in any case..
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fortesgue Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:48 pm

He is already a priest. As evidenced by his "Powa W0rd Shal!" on his dad. XD
Fortesgue
Fortesgue

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:52 pm

DW jarric will hold a full public enquiry. May I suggest JP as the scapegoat?
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lephia Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:53 pm

Great, sounds like a fantastic oppertunity for some awesome RP, count me in!

Let me know if you need help and I shall in any way I can.
Lephia
Lephia

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:00 pm

I agree, even if Anduin DOES become new leader. it won't happen Instantly ICly, so we get at least a few days to biblesmash before that happens.

No matter what or how fast the changes happen in-game, we can always ruse about it!

Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next