Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Stormwind Army' Discussion

+9
Drazial
Lorainne/Bridlington
Gahalla
Drustai
Lexgrad
Geldar
Valestrion
Saevir
Melnerag
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

'Stormwind Army' Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: 'Stormwind Army' Discussion

Post by Geneviève Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:20 pm

Warlocks are now a tolerated, if spat on, section of society. Unless you're a peasant or a snob you've really no choice but to accept them. Hell, they stand around talking loudly about their craft in Westfall.

As I understand it each Brigade has a guild, or a couple of guilds, at their core giving players the option to slot their characters into the brigade they feel is most appropriate. To confirm, the objective is -not- to try and create several equally sized Brigades?

Braiden may disagree, but I feel Feudal would be a better designation for our Brigade since only a minority within it will be nobles. I also feel the same is true for Holy/Death, Ethical and Unethical would be derp from an IC point of view but something along those lines may be an improvement for any unguilded warlocks, genocidal manics out there. Especially because several 'Holy' guilds fundamentally disagree on the Three Virtues. Wink

I also assume the Seal would have the option of 'allocating' troops to a seperate brigade if we thought it suitable?
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:17 pm

The Black Brigade works for me! DKs work best with a line of canon fodder to send in first to give us ghoul matterial... i mean working in sync with our living friends...

But hold the phone a sec.... Warlocks are accepted! Someone better tell the minister of justice 'cos the law is behind the times. Plus the fact that a pint of demon blood makes you madder than putting wings on a gnome!

This needs a thread on its own!

Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valestrion Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:10 am

You are correct, Gen, that the objective is not to form equal sized brigades. Actually, I favour naming the brigades after famous people to give a bit of favour, so the Holy Brigade might be Lightbringer Brigade, while the Regular Brigade might be Wrynn Brigade. Ultimately, though, I suppose it's up to the individual brigades what they call themselves. I certainly wouldn't want to be part of a brigade called the "Ethical Brigade".

Valestrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Geneviève Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:40 am

Dieudonne Brigade it is then! Wink

Black Brigade is out...Sophyra Brigade is in! Razz

Hmm. Lothar Brigade for the nobles. Or Horse Brigade in regerence to the Brotherhood. *clicks tongue* I suppose Tarv, Braiden, other nobles intending to include themselves should discuss this seperately.
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:07 am

You forgot the Shadowsquid Brigade. After all we're talking about 4 years contribution to madness here. Who knows Dieudonne anyway, amirite? xD And I wouldn't name any after a harlot! What's next? Naming them after STDs?! Razz

On a serious note, people should come down from their high horses and see what'd be good for the community as a total for a change, even for the small groups, or 'minorities' as they were called during the OOC discussion. At the end of the day, size does indeed not matter but rather the way you use your equipme-....numbers. I was surprised to see that 45 mins of that convo were spent discussing about who the high commander or #1 would be, how he'd be chosen and generally everything around this one person, something that shows that people are way too preoccupied with what should be unimportant things, which more concerns personal glorification rather than actual contribution to the RP.

Taking a step back and looking at the big picture, the absolute goal should be to create more RP during both peace and campaign conditions. In that case it should really not matter whether a brigade consists of 2, 3, 7 or 70 people, because they'd still have to work and interact with eachother. If not, then we might as well let RP become absolutely limited within guilds, lacking any interaction with one another, no random RP (something which is already began happening btw) and spare us the time of putting anything together.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:18 am

On a serious note, people should come down from their high horses and see what'd be good for the community as a total for a change, even for the small groups, or 'minorities' as they were called during the OOC discussion.

Nothing more to say besides that I agree with what Mandui wrote, too much thinking into all the small details and nitpicking where such is not needed and too little focus on how to make fun RP. So as I said during the conversation, stop thinking of how you will make it as close to realistic as possible and start thinking on how you will make it fun for people.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Geneviève Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:34 pm

But who personifies unethical more than our beloved harlot?!

Wait another moment! Those with a sensetive disposition regarding the dark grim realities of war - I'm looking at you Legacy of Dawn - look away now, we need a comfort battalion for the..ehm..gentlemen's use. Perhaps Shadowsquid Brigade would like to volunteer? Razz
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:44 pm

Geneviève wrote:
Wait another moment! Those with a sensetive disposition regarding the dark grim realities of war - I'm looking at you Legacy of Dawn - look away now, we need a comfort battalion for the..ehm..gentlemen's use. Perhaps Shadowsquid Brigade would like to volunteer? Razz
Of all the harlots around, who even admit to be such themselves, you choose to indirectly insult the Shadowsquid in such a way? Is she really getting under your skin that bad, miss? xD

(let's stop the derail before we get whacked >_>)
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Valestrion Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:05 pm

Mandui wrote:I was surprised to see that 45 mins of that convo were spent discussing about who the high commander or #1 would be, how he'd be chosen and generally everything around this one person, something that shows that people are way too preoccupied with what should be unimportant things, which more concerns personal glorification rather than actual contribution to the RP.

Actually, very little time was spent discussing who the high commander would be. The discussion was more about whether there would be one. I was the main person advocating a fixed commander and at no point did I suggest that I should be that high commander. It was nothing to do with personal glorification, but rather it illustrated different opinions about what format would do most to create additional RP between battles and between campaigns. At one point I did suggest we should decide what we were trying to achieve, but no one seemed to want to discuss that. I think some people just assumed that everyone's idea of what is fun in a World-PvP event is the same so there was nothing to discuss, but that is clearly not the case.

Valestrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:13 pm

Valestrion wrote:Actually, very little time was spent discussing who the high commander would be. The discussion was more about whether there would be one. I was the main person advocating a fixed commander and at no point did I suggest that I should be that high commander. It was nothing to do with personal glorification, but rather it illustrated different opinions about what format would do most to create additional RP between battles and between campaigns. At one point I did suggest we should decide what we were trying to achieve, but no one seemed to want to discuss that. I think some people just assumed that everyone's idea of what is fun in a World-PvP event is the same so there was nothing to discuss, but that is clearly not the case.
I wasn't actually referring to anyone in specific, least of all you, Val. But I do remember that half of the time was actually spent on discussing the separation/names/orientation of the brigades and the other half on the commander. All I'm saying is that people should look a little bit beyond their own position or guild even, at least in regards to this concept, and decide about things based on the wish to enrich the alliance RP on DB.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Valestrion Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:39 pm

I am pleased to announce the formation of the Holy Brigade, comprising the following Orders.

The Disciples of Light
The Holy Lightbringers
The Chapter of Holy Anethion
The Divine Knighthood
The Brotherhood of the Lion

The chain of command for this Brigade is as follows:

Brigadier - Valestrion of The Disciples of Light
Second in Command - Maelmoor of The Holy Lightbringers
Third in Command - Greagoir of The Chapter of Holy Anethion

Valestrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:58 pm

The "dead brigade" is so far the Ebon Shroud and any Ebon related forces. (ie ic Ebon Knights and our living forces). Is any one else interested in this? Our living forces are so far dark mages who are not criminals, insane or using fel and one paladin who has lost his faith.

If there are any other guilds/alts/Chars who are interested poke me. We have a guild channel /join eshroud that can be used.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3