Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The wedding of Alexandra and Arathoran

Go down

The wedding of Alexandra and Arathoran Empty The wedding of Alexandra and Arathoran

Post by Jeanpierre Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:21 pm

OOC note

I've decided to post these notes in the forum, in my story section in an IC format. Feel free to use these as both an IC or OOC inspiration for future ceremonies, and of course, feedback is dearly appreciated as always.

---

Notes from Jean-Pierre d'Armagnac

The speeches for the wedding of Arathor Dawnbringer and Alexandra Blackraven, as they were prepared.

Welcome

Brothers, Sisters, Family, Friends,

Thank you all for coming here, to join us as witness to the marriage of Sir Arathorian Dawnbringer and Lady Alexandra Blackraven.
Tonight will be a merry night, central around one of our kind's oldest traditions and strongest symbols of unity: the union between a man and a woman.
But ere we continue to the union of Sir Arathorian Dawnbringer and Lady Alexandra Blackraven, I would like to bring our attention to our cause, in life and here.

The symbol of marrying in Lordaeron

It is in the lands of Lordaeron that the union of two such noble lines is to take place. It is not a coincidence that we have been gathered to Tyr's Hand for such a union, amidst the plagued lands. Lord Dawnbringer and Lady Blackraven asked me to hold it here. Both their family lines are tied to Lordaeron, in title and honor. So they choose this location as hommage to Lordaeron.
The grief of the betrayal that destroyed this land is still deep and near. Therefor, we have choosen to remember the fallen with a song, a lament for Lordaeron.

Lament for Lordaeron

A farmer's great merrit of sowing
His golden grain and hay was bowing,
In a wild breeze that held laughter,
From the merry voice of his daughter.
Suddenly all was rendered to naught
As both by the shadow were caught.

Soldiers were fighting ever so brave,
Defending us against the undead wave,
In the prince's name they had stayed,
Only to have their loyalty betrayed,
To a curse their souls were bound,
Their time to rest, yet to be found.

Dark Prince, once our bright future,
You subjected your people to torture.
Our loyalty still lays with the crown.
But the lands are no longer your own.
Your land can never again be the same.
Forever is now cursed your noble name.

Our land is left to weeping and wail,
Where too gentle a soul will quail,
But such is the strength of the Light,
That some will still stand with might,
And still defend, though they are few,
With a mind to make this land anew.

A symbol of hope for the future of Lordaeron

The choice to be married here was not only a hommage to the former glory of Lordaeron but also a symbol. A sign that, despite the terrible fate that has befallen this land, it shall not withold the Light from bringing people into union. And what stronger as a sign of better times to come, than the union of a man and a woman, of great descent: a new family is born, a single unity that stands defiantly against those who dared to smother such dreams. May the Light bless this marriage so.

A symbol, blessed by the Light

And indeed... Marriage is a grace in life, like Light is a grace. It is a blessing one can carry ever forth and perform great acts in its name.

Marriage is a declaration that one's heart is true to the other; a promise that, their heart shall battle for the other's well being. So it is a great sign of Respect.

Marriage is a vow that one shall remain true to the other, no matter the times that may come. The hearts shall not doubt, nor question, but instead build on trust and truth towards eachother. It is a vow that this will be so now and forever. So it is a great sign of Tenacity, a sign that they have found their course from which they shall not deviate.

Marriage is caring for the other, but also helping them in their path. Like a guardian they shall remain ever vigilant to protect the other. Like a companion they shall ever help them in their travels, to whatever spiritual wealth this may lead. So it is a great sign of Compassion and its delicate balance.

As the Light tries to bring us together, so is this union a symbol of Light's glory. May this union be blessed and perfect under the Light.

Talk from friends

While marriage holds a union between man and woman, it also is a celebration to the rest of the community, and in fact the world. For it is a symbol that, from now on, they shall act as one. One family, one name, one purpose.

Lady Alexandra and Sir Arahtoran declare their marriage to all, and their friends, through this wedding. Now, perhaps the time has come for their friends to speak.

Choosen first to speak is, XXXX

Choosen second to speak is, XXXX

-- Ask the audience if they wish to speak.

-- Ask the couple if they wish to speak.

A symbol of love

When hearing the words of their beloved friends, and their own, it is clear that there is more to a marriage than the sharing of name, and its symbology to the world. When speaking with Sir Arathorian and Lady Alexandra, it was clear that their understanding reached further than respect. There is profound love. Before we continue to the final vows, let us honor their love in a tribute.

Ode to the love between Arathoran and Alexandra
((Keywords used for making up the song:
* Alexandra -> Arathoran
brave, honor, courteous, regardful, gentle
* Arathoan -> Alexandra
Just, protecting faithful))

Duet song by a man and a woman:

** Alex -> Ara
Since we walk side by side, I yearn each day
For the sight of your brave heart to dream away
** Ara -> Alex
From this moment I only have your love to find,
I'll treasure you forever and treat you kind.
** Alex -> Ara
Why don't you let your head rest on my shoulder
And let me be your comfort as the day grows older.
** Ara -> Alex
You cradle my mind with the safety of your arms
And guard it from the hard world and its harms.
** Alex -> Ara
Your heart is filled with warmth and tenderness.
Your gentle voice carries your words' caress
** Ara -> Alex
Your just words always held in them great care,
With you, I dare let my heart be laid bare.
** Alex -> Ara
So together we walk to the destiny we'll make,
Ever with love, ever with trust, ever with faith,
** Ara -> Alex
Always you are my rock, my home, my brief release,
Where my temper washes ashore and finds peace.
** Alex -> Ara
Ever so curteous, you offered me your strong hand
And promised that always by my side, you will stand.

Blessing of the rings

Sir Arathorian and Lady Alexandra have choosen to bear rings as a testimony of their marriage. It is a gracious symbol, for these rings reflect their promise in many ways.

It is made of the purest of metals. Such is their promise made of their purest intentions and emotions. Such is the purity of the Light in their words.

It is radient, and glimmers in even the darkest of rooms. Such is their marriage a shining example of love that will never fade in even the most troubled times. So shall the Light shine stronger in the darkest of times.

It is bourne by the hand, marking that their hands are alike. So shall their hearts always be alike. So shall their hand and heart drive towards the same purpose. So shall the Light shine in their unity.

It is a perfect shape, showing no ending. Such is their love, perfect and without end. And should these rings be brought together, side by side, it will be clear for all to see that they form the symbol of infinity. So is Light's grace perfect, without end, so it is infinite.

These rings will stand as a symbol of their union: "here is love, here is its Light, guiding our hand".

May the Light bless these rings as it blesses this union. May the final words spoken to them conclude this marriage.

The Vows
-- To be spoken by them

----------

Some additional notes

It is with great sadness that I catalogue these notes as one of my works in the book of ceremonies, for the ceremony did not prove fruitful. As the final vows were spoken, before they could be sealed by the rings, Lady Alexandra fled from the Cathedral.
I had not heeded the boasting tone in Sir Arathoran's words as he speeched about his love and "conquest" or "victory" on this day, but it seemed to deeply grief the lady Alexandra. So deep, that in the end her disappointment made it unbearable for her to continue. She would not marry a man to be his trophy, such were her words.
It pains me I had a hand in such disappointment. I pray her heart, and his, may find relief in the future. Perhaps their love may have another chance, but I fear at least one of them shall keep that path shut in their future.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down