Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LGBT needs you!, y'know.. if you wanna help.

+19
Saevir
Kristeas Sunbinder
Nithel
Torukan
Jeanpierre
Chase - Esou
Amaryl
The Misty Beast
Morinth
Quin
Antistia
Shaelyssa
Nayan
Braiden
Geneviève
Drustai
Grufftoof
Lexgrad
Gesh
23 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

LGBT needs you!, y'know.. if you wanna help. Empty LGBT needs you!, y'know.. if you wanna help.

Post by Gesh Mon May 30, 2011 10:48 pm

Just a plea for anyone interested.

Some terrible, terrible stuff has gone down in Moscow. Peaceful protestors, exocising their right to free speech against the prejudism LGBT members find not only in Russia but all over the world, were recently silenced due to right wing, and violent protestors who demanded their voices were to be un-heard and kept under opression. The Mayor of Moscow caved to this demand and has BANNED any form of Pride parade or pride protest in the city. Now I understand for alot of players, will mean nothing to them. At all. You'll go about your lives without giveing this a second thought, but one voice silenced, even if you don't agree with it or can't even relate to it, is still one less voice and plently more ground for someone else to silence yours. Please do your bit and sign the plea to have the ban lifted and allow a peaceful demonstration on the right of free will and freedom to love whoever you fall in love with.

" President Medvedev: Stop the violent repression of LGBT People

We urge you to condemn the violence that occurred at Moscow's Pride march last Saturday. This marks the sixth year that LGBT people were denied freedom of assembly.

It is your responsibility to ensure the security and freedom of expression for ALL Russians, including LGBT Russians. Please speak up against the violent repression of Moscow's LGBT community and compel Mayor Sobyanin to make Pride legal once and for all. "

http://www.allout.org/en/petition/moscow
Feel free to sign up, and help every voice be heard.

Thanks

#
LGBT: Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender Alliance.

Last edited by Emberstone/Vectoria on Mon May 30, 2011 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

LGBT needs you!, y'know.. if you wanna help. Empty Re: LGBT needs you!, y'know.. if you wanna help.

Post by Guest Mon May 30, 2011 11:07 pm

Whats LGBT

Back to top Go down

LGBT needs you!, y'know.. if you wanna help. Empty Re: LGBT needs you!, y'know.. if you wanna help.

Post by Lexgrad Mon May 30, 2011 11:10 pm

Lesbian gay bi Trans. And i have signed
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Mon May 30, 2011 11:15 pm

Google is your friend Paragus, and much appreciated Dreth ^-^
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Mon May 30, 2011 11:15 pm

Ditto signed. And it perplexes me the reaction of the Mayor tbh... even when you "kinda expect" stupidity and bigotry from some walks of life. This is just wrong.

"First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me."

Pastor Martin Niemöller (possibly, there's some disagreement, but the sentiment and meaning of the quote transcends the actual speaker anyway).

Just as an FYI as to how these things make me think/feel.
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Mon May 30, 2011 11:17 pm

A very true and wise qoute Grufftoof, Much appreciated!
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Mon May 30, 2011 11:29 pm

Have signed. I'm trans myself, so I definitely do not like hearing about these things going on in any country.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Geneviève Mon May 30, 2011 11:30 pm

I love that quote, heard it years and years ago when I was really young and it's stuck with me. Smile

Signed and concerned. D:
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Tue May 31, 2011 12:41 am

Signed. This shit shouldn't be going on at this day and age.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Tue May 31, 2011 12:52 am

Braiden wrote:Signed. This shit shouldn't be going on at this day and age.
^ that.

I may see no reason in any community blocking the streets (efficiently hindering other communities more than their target) and I may (as said in the past) not see any reason to cultivate a "unique snowflake" attribute on LGBT or non-LGBT alike, but that is no reason for muting and violence on equality of human rights.
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Tue May 31, 2011 5:43 am

Signed it Smile.
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Tue May 31, 2011 6:06 am

Good initiative Smile

Though, unfortunately, knowing the Russian state, this will get nowhere (doesn't mean people shouldn't try though). Let's not even mention the Russian skinheads whom I guess those right-wingers were. They're, ehm, scary, to say the least.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Quin Tue May 31, 2011 12:09 pm

Done. Even though russians will remain russian
Quin
Quin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Tue May 31, 2011 2:50 pm

Quin wrote:Done. Even though russians will remain russian

Ignorance doesn't tie in with nationality.
Evidence is gay russians themselves.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Tue May 31, 2011 3:14 pm

Emberstone/Vectoria wrote:
Quin wrote:Done. Even though russians will remain russian

Ignorance doesn't tie in with nationality.
Evidence is gay russians themselves.

It does not. However, Russia is a nominal democratic state at best. An appeal from the people is, most likely, not going to do a whole lot unless the stability of the regime becomes endangered.

Not to mention the Russian skinheads who are known to kill critics of them in their own houses (read about one instance that happened a (few) year(s) ago).
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Tue May 31, 2011 3:24 pm

I advise you to go read up on Harvey Milk, and watch the film MILK.
He was a gay politician who fought for gay rights within california in the 70s. He lost alot of friends and fellow LGBT politicians due to homophobia and ignorance, many of them were beaten to death, couples found in the night and bludgeoned with baseball bats, Alot of the police were in on and infact refused to accept reports, many witnesses were to scared to make statements and in the end Harvey Milk was murdered. His death wasen't in vaine however and LGBT rights were reconised. Homophobia, Ignorance and Fearing what you don't understand, is not something unique to Russia.

" If a bullet should enter my brain, let that bullet destroy every closet door. "
Is one of his famous qoutes.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Tue May 31, 2011 3:33 pm

I advise you to go read up on Harvey Milk, and watch the film MILK.
He was a gay politician who fought for gay rights within california in the 70s. He lost alot of friends and fellow LGBT politicians due to homophobia and ignorance, many of them were beaten to death, couples found in the night and bludgeoned with baseball bats, Alot of the police were in on and infact refused to accept reports, many witnesses were to scared to make statements and in the end Harvey Milk was murdered.

I know the story of Harvey Milk Smile.

Homophobia, Ignorance and Fearing what you don't understand, is not something unique to Russia.

I never said that it was, now did I? I'm simply stating that change will not come easily, if at all, in Russia. It doesn't mean people should try (they should) but Russia is not your average western country.

I support civil rights just as much as the next guy, I'm just pointing out that Russia ain't the easiest place to have things like this changed.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Tue May 31, 2011 3:41 pm

I yell my homophobia on a daily basis. I will say to my friend "You sir, are a fucking faggot, a dirty sinner, and I hate you." And in return, he'll call me fat, tell me that I shouldn't wear those jeans cause they make me look like a lesbian, and make fun of my hair.

\o/ My best friend irl is gay, see? It's cool 'cause we know we're best friends. We're awesome like this.

I shall aid your cause.
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Tue May 31, 2011 3:50 pm

Can a thread please be made without it being derailed into an argument-- sorry, "discussion"?!?! :p

Just sign the god damn petition and shut up!!!!
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by The Misty Beast Tue May 31, 2011 5:09 pm

Edited - Off-topic junk no-one cares about because it only involves a few million people.

Last edited by Vondun on Tue May 31, 2011 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

The Misty Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Misty Beast Tue May 31, 2011 5:45 pm

http://www.cafebabel.co.uk/article/2029/bringing-out-unburied-dead-of-the-trianon-treaty.html

Just one random article I found on Google. The 'semblence of stability' is exactly a facade that was made 90 years ago and is still a defining boundary for a nation that's bled dry, chewed up, deprived of almost all its natural resources and has to succumb to foreign influences to offer jobs and be further denied any chance of becoming potent again through the intentional oppression and censorship of media coverage inside and outside the country. It's obviously so rightwing and a virtual powder-keg that no-one wishes to touch this subject with a long stick.

I'll drop this issue right now, I even signed this petition out of simpathy because its the exact same bullcrap the people suffer from where I live. Just not for being different in sexual preferences, but in culture and because a century-long situation is deemed unimportant.

\o

The Misty Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Tue May 31, 2011 8:22 pm

Pride parades are stupid.

good job for not wanting such nonsense polluting your streets.

Not that i agree with banning pride parades because people that participate in them are gay. but because people that need a special occasion to dance on a boat half-naked and drunk to "show" you're Proud about being yourself, need to be taken behind the outhouse and shot.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Tue May 31, 2011 8:42 pm

Ya ... I don't understand "Gay Pride" myself, and I'm gay/bi myself... I don't really understand what's to be proud about. Being gay to me, is just like being Arabic or having five fingers on each hand or for being 6 foot 1. But Amaryl, I think it's important to look past the semantics. I don't think it's about being proud that you're gay, but mostly just for people to protest and show that they um ... exist?

Although, what do I know. I come from a country where gay people are sent to prison. And our Iranian neighbors actually say that gays don't even exist in the middle east so :D!

Last edited by Shaelyssa on Tue May 31, 2011 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Tue May 31, 2011 8:49 pm

Pretty much, yeah. To me it's about freedom of speech, though I think I made that pretty clear from the start.
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase - Esou Tue May 31, 2011 8:51 pm

In the end of the day there probably wouldn't be a need for pride parades if there weren't a lot of people around that still had a mentality about homosexuality that's quite a few decades old.

But yeah I agree, I don't see the point of being proud of something that you got by birth and as such wasn't a conscious choice. Be it being gay or being Swedish.
Chase - Esou
Chase - Esou

Character sheet
Name: herregud
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next