Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A][RP-PvP] The Tiragarde Offensive

+3
Kil'drakor
Kozgugore Feraleye
Etular
7 posters

Go down

[A][RP-PvP] The Tiragarde Offensive Empty [A][RP-PvP] The Tiragarde Offensive

Post by Etular Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:52 pm

Guild Name: The Tiragarde Offensive
Guild Type: Heavy RP-PvP, Horde mostly killed on sight.
Tabard:
[A][RP-PvP] The Tiragarde Offensive Tiras
"Unique" Factor: One of the few RP-PvP Guilds, Located in a Horde Continent.
Basic Plot: Destroy the Horde, Unite Azeroth under the forces of Kul Tiras. "Stooping so low as to even openly allow Warlocks into their ranks".
Guild Forums: [To Edit]
IC Guild Meetings: Weekly, Friday 7pm, Tiragarde Keep.
Event Ideas: Attacking Horde Cities, Marching through Duotar, RP Meetings and other RP events.
Recruitment Methods for New Members: Post on our Guild Forums, Send me an IC Letter or IC Interview
IC Guidelines:
1) No Mary Sues/Vampires etc.
2) No Power/God-Emoting
3) Show no mercy to any Horde when IC, and only to those of a far lower level when OOC (Showing mercy when OOC is Optional).
4)On the otherhand, in contrast to rule 4, be loyal. If the Guildmaster says "Don't attack!" then don't. I'm referring more to OOC than IC here, meaning if we have a cross-faction RP event.
OOC Rules:
1) Obviously, obey Blizzard Rules
2) Guild Chat is IC
3) Join the OOC Channel
The OOC Channel: /join TTOChat

----------------------------------------------

Will be further edited with any updated ideas people come up with.

This is the basic template, any suggestions and/or ideas? Opinions, perhaps?
Etular
Etular

Character sheet
Name: Etular Fizzlebomb
Title: Demonology Student of GAIRDAS

http://www.etular.tk/

Back to top Go down

[A][RP-PvP] The Tiragarde Offensive Empty Re: [A][RP-PvP] The Tiragarde Offensive

Post by Guest Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:58 pm

I never understood IC /g.

What is the point? People will just spam OOC channel anyway.
Learned that the hard way... 4 times...

Back to top Go down

[A][RP-PvP] The Tiragarde Offensive Empty Re: [A][RP-PvP] The Tiragarde Offensive

Post by Guest Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:26 pm

Agreed with Marrenus here. IC guild chat will hardly be used and only mistypes will be typed.

Anyway, good luck with assaulting lowbie hordes in hostile territory. Most will be blueshielded anyway. That's the biggest flaw I can find here. The lack of a clear, easy to reach RP hub could be a member blocker as well.

Anyway, best of luck if you are pushing this idea regardless, even though I'd suggest thinking it through a bit more!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:34 pm

RPing in a ruined keep? Good luck to that, I'd say.

As for the IC guild chat, OotRB has been maintaining it for years now, and it's been successful without a problem. I think it really adds to our RP, in fact, without it having to be some kind of metagaming.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:00 pm

An IC guild chat also keeps green spam to a minimum. Not every role-player fancies that. With a seperate channel you can opt not to join if you feel like staying In Character

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:15 pm

Top uses for IC guild chat:

5%: Roleplaying;

15%: Trying to roleplay with next to zero reaction from the others;

70%: Linking quests or items that were mentioned in the OOC channel.

So might aswell make a channel for roleplaying and /g for OOC, making item / quest links good to go without brackets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:21 pm

Marrenus wrote:70%: Linking quests or items that were mentioned in the OOC channel.
Correction, there, lad. There's absolutely no reason to link quests or items there, since several patches now. You can link them in any channel.
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:22 pm

Like I said: it keeps chat spam to a minimum if players dont feel like discussing random stuff. If you however do want to chat OOC you can easily do that -- in a seperate channel. You can´t really turn off guildchat, right?

Anyway, good luck with the guild. It doesn´t really tickle my fancy -- being an NPC-filled region for low level players and all -- but it might spice up role-play in the Barrens a bit.

EDIT: Correction, I meant Durotar, which strikes me as odd. Isn´t that place just a ruinous pile of bricks?

Last edited by Gnash on Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:26 pm; edited 2 times in total

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:24 pm

You can filter it off, from the chatbox options, actually. But I fear we might be borderline derailing, now.
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Feint Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:27 pm

I'm afraid that this guild would / will be destroyed by the pure fact of horde PvPers getting to know about it. If you insist in being ganked 24/7, sure. Go on!

Good luck!
Feint
Feint

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:34 pm

EDIT: Correction, I meant Durotar, which strikes me as odd. Isn´t that place just a ruinous pile of bricks?

True, the wall is destroyed, but the Keep itself isn't destroyed and there are still Friendly Kul Tiras NPCs there.

Joahn/Alvilda/Zerov wrote:I'm afraid that this guild would / will be destroyed by the pure fact of horde PvPers getting to know about it. If you insist in being ganked 24/7, sure. Go on!

Good luck!

Infact, that's the reason I said it'll be RP-PvP. I expect to be attacked, and expect the guild to fight back.
Etular
Etular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Feint Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:57 pm

Etular wrote:

True, the wall is destroyed, but the Keep itself isn't destroyed and there are still Friendly Kul Tiras NPCs there.

Joahn/Alvilda/Zerov wrote:I'm afraid that this guild would / will be destroyed by the pure fact of horde PvPers getting to know about it. If you insist in being ganked 24/7, sure. Go on!

Good luck!

Infact, that's the reason I said it'll be RP-PvP. I expect to be attacked, and expect the guild to fight back.

And what about the early phase of the guild? Assuming you won't have too high numbers at the beginning?
Feint
Feint

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:01 pm

Joahn/Alvilda/Zerov wrote:

And what about the early phase of the guild? Assuming you won't have too high numbers at the beginning?

We put up with it, I assume. I will, however, prepare in the fact that I will only use Tiragarde Keep after the guild has at least 10 active members.
Etular
Etular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Feint Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:07 pm

Very well! Ten members should be enough to handle some of the threats! I wish you the best of luck!
Feint
Feint

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:20 am

Joahn/Alvilda/Zerov wrote:Very well! Ten members should be enough to handle some of the threats! I wish you the best of luck!

Thanks.
Etular
Etular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:38 am

Any ideas on what my recruitment Message in-game could be? I'm struggling to think of one...
Etular
Etular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:07 pm

Brawls! Boozes! Wenches! - Join the Tiragarde Offensive!
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:38 pm

Damor wrote:Brawls! Boozes! Wenches! Camped by griefers! Spend thirty minutes trying to reach a location for RP! Be in the guild for about five days before Etular goes inactive/decides on another idea - Join the Tiragarde Offensive!

Fixed.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:08 pm

I understand I'm flaming / being racist, but...

HOW THE HECK IS A GNOME WARLOCK LEADING KUL TIRAS MARINE SQUAD?!

Where's Captain Obvious when I need him!

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:02 pm

Marrenus wrote:I understand I'm flaming / being racist, but...

HOW THE HECK IS A GNOME WARLOCK LEADING KUL TIRAS MARINE SQUAD?!

Leading the squad? Not necessarily. That's like saying "How does DRS lead Ironforge?". No, we don't lead them, we're merely a separate faction within the Marines themselves. As for how I joined them, the story is here.
Etular
Etular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down