Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thunder and Beardlings

2 posters

Go down

Thunder and Beardlings Empty Thunder and Beardlings

Post by Bharun Wed May 11, 2011 10:05 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The cold breeze of Dun Morogh, the pale snow covering the ground and the lovely smell
of Thunderbrew's Distillery. Even the mightiest of dwarves would stop for a moment
to savor this feeli- *SMACK!* Oy! "What are ye doing, son?!" said the old grey haired
dwarf, clad in shiny metal armor and heavy steel-toed boots. "Nothing..." said Bharun.
"We don't stop for nothing today. We still have a nine mile hike through these 'ere mountains!"
Said the old dwarf.
He was the father of Bharun and the thane of clan Ironbrow.
As with all veterans of the War of the Three Hammers, he held the respect of all young beardlings
in these regions, and as such young Bharun would obey his father without muttering a word.

The two dwarves made their way to the top of the western mountain overlooking the mightiest city
of them all. It was the city of Ironforge, the great city made under the very mountain itself, here
the dwarves had dwelled for many years.

"Look at it, son... 'ave ye ever seen anything like this before? Here I have lived my whole life,
and so will you. We must protect Ironforge and her allies with great courage and pride, she must not
fall in to the hands of our enemies
." said Dhulin, still panting from the hike through the snowy
plains of the mountain.

Bharun, not saying a word, simply stood with his arms folded across his chest and looked at the
great gate with pride and respect.

"Come on, Bharun. I hear yer mother is cookin' beer-basted boar tonight."

As they made their way back down the slopes of the snowy mountains, Dhulin told Bharun about his
adventures and his partake in the War of the Three Hammers, and how Bharun would one day grow up
and be as fierce of a warrior as his father, of course he had already told Bharun these stories
a hundred times, but Bharun listened and kept quiet, because for some reason they made him want to
keep pushing forward with his never ending training.
Bharun
Bharun

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Thunder and Beardlings Empty Re: Thunder and Beardlings

Post by Morgeth Wed May 11, 2011 10:42 am

Really like this story, and the interaction it displays. It has a somewhat relaxed feel to it, and that makes it easy to imagine the cold, the panting dwarf (that's going straight into my nightmares) and the pride they both feel.

Oh, and I love the use of beardlings Very Happy
Morgeth
Morgeth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down