Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Patch 5.2, ongoing Event] The War of Thunder

+4
Krogon Devilstep
Sorayah
Rashka
Thelos
8 posters

Go down

[Patch 5.2, ongoing Event] The War of Thunder Empty [Patch 5.2, ongoing Event] The War of Thunder

Post by Thelos Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:53 pm

The War of Thunder

[Patch 5.2, ongoing Event] The War of Thunder Wow-thunder-king
Your villain, ladies and gentlemen.

Lorewalker Cho wrote:O my friend....

That awful sound.

For a hunderd, hunderd generations, the crash of thunder filled the hearts of Pandaren with terror.

It is said that after the revolution, the Red Crane of Hope placed the rainbow in the sky, so that Pandaren would know not to fear the storms any longer.

I do not see any rainbows today.

Do you?

Patch 5.2: The Thunder King Rises!

Patch 5.2 is on the horizon and the Pandaren of the Blooming Lotus are determined to not have this most major event for Pandaren lore go by unnoticed. Throughout the patch, we will be organizing events that offer players a chance to participate in the war against Lei Shen, the Thunder King, and his combined Zandalari and Mogu forces.

And best of all, close to the release of the next patch as our raiders manage to bring down this baddie for realsies in heroic, we can declare Lei Shen dead and actually conclude a role-playing plot for once. No matter how badly we perform, we're destined to win! That doesn't mean there aren't going to be any sacrifices, though. The Thunder King wasn't exactly known for being gentle of heart, after all.

Since there aren't exactly players that are role-playing Mogu and Zandalari, the foes against which we fight will mostly be controlled by dungeon-masters, such as myself and any volunteers who would like to chime in (do let me know!)

Some events that you might expect during the patch:

• Defending Zouchin village from Zandalari attacks,
  • Preventing Zandalari and Mogu forces from uncovering powerful Mogu superweapons in long forgotten crypts.
  • Attacking the Zandalari vanguard in the Zouchin province.
  • Sneaking unto Thunder Isle in a covert operation to sabotage some of the Throne of Thunder's defenses.
  • And much, much more!

Besides regular events, the Pandaren of the Blooming Lotus will return to Pandaria during this patch and shift our focus from merry and consequence-free exploration of Azeroth to a more serious and grim defense of our home-world against an enemy that is, for a change, undoubtedly and unabashedly evil.

I will keep this thread updated with dates and information as the release date of patch 5.2 closes. This thread will be used to coordinate the bigger, event-spanning effort to bring life to patch 5.2. If anyone has any ideas or wishes to announce their participation, please don't shy away from doing so! The more participants we get, the livelier we can make this War.

We hope to stand together with all of you against the Thunder King!

Event History

Blank.

Event Schedule

26th of February: The Defense of Zouchin Village

The merciless Zandalari hordes have launched their assault against Zouchin village! The Shado-pan are in need of your assitance to defend this bountifully green mountain province. Will you heed the call to arms?

Last edited by Thelos on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:28 am; edited 4 times in total
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[Patch 5.2, ongoing Event] The War of Thunder Empty Re: [Patch 5.2, ongoing Event] The War of Thunder

Post by Rashka Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:51 pm

... You make me want to race-change my monk...! Very good looking event from my point of view :p Is other races invited?
Rashka
Rashka

Character sheet
Name: Rashka Facebreaker
Title: Champion of Blood, Champion of the Red Blades, & Former Champion of the Horde.

Back to top Go down

[Patch 5.2, ongoing Event] The War of Thunder Empty Re: [Patch 5.2, ongoing Event] The War of Thunder

Post by Guest Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:33 pm

Looking good, Pao!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorayah Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:30 pm

Hopefully we'll get WT in!

Also, considering the way Kirin Tor is pretty involved in the 5.2 business... If you'd like a mage with a more support role, I would love to involve my mage too. Smile
Sorayah
Sorayah

Character sheet
Name: Sorayah Moonseeker
Title: Priestess of the Moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:16 pm

sounds awesome!
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:33 pm

Bridging gameplay and roleplaying in the upcoming patch? Keeping RP relevant to the main plots of the expansion? Integrating recent lore developments in it, even?

This is madness!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhaun Blackblood Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:48 pm

Would like to be involved with this and may also be able to offer up 3 GM's (myself included)
Zhaun Blackblood
Zhaun Blackblood

Character sheet
Name: Zhaun Blackblood
Title: Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:48 am

Thank you all for your encouragement and interest!

Once the release date of this event is known, I will announce the first event that will hopefully launch a long series: the Defense of Zouchin Village.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:28 am

Updated with the first event!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:55 am

God-damnit Pao why did you have to make your guild alliance.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:25 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:God-damnit Pao why did you have to make your guild alliance.

Because all my money and items were on the Alliance.

Do you have any idea how big of a cut those greedy goblins on the neutral auction houses take?!

Incidentally, give me a nudge if you want a calendar invite. I'll put up the event for "The Defense of Zouchin" tonight.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:35 pm

Curse those greedy goblins! Wink

This looks well thought out, and grounds for a lot of fun and epic role-play. Great fortune to you!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan Dian Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:12 am

I will try to make it and finally introduce my favorite panda, however it's likely this starts around my bedtime as usual Neutral
Shan Dian
Shan Dian

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:50 am

Shan Dian wrote:I will try to make it and finally introduce my favorite panda, however it's likely this starts around my bedtime as usual Neutral

I am sure that something can be arranged so that you will be able to participate in some shape or form. We tend to role-play around event almost as much as at the events themselves, so there's bound to be Pandaren around Zouchin before and after this event you can talk with about the aftermath. Heck, you can even go hunt down some leftover trolls that may have stuck around!

...Oh, and...

We're starting this Wednesday, baby!

Get pumped!

Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jormus Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:52 am

Speaking of Zandalari, I wonder if the SGE would like to fill that role? Could bring some interesting RP-PvP.
Jormus
Jormus

Location : Milliways, the Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Character sheet
Name: Jormus Darrowfell
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:31 pm

Xienlai wrote:Speaking of Zandalari, I wonder if the SGE would like to fill that role? Could bring some interesting RP-PvP.

We're currently talking to the SGE about possible WPVP events - but they are more likely to play themselves, rather than any anonymous Zandalari.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:26 am

Despite the patch coming out next week, rather than today, we'll still be going ahead with the first event in the series. Think of it as a prologue!

Tonight: Zandalari attack Zouchin village.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jormus Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:14 pm

Pandaria; her hills of gold,
in dark and mournful times of old,
did once a hopeless horror hold.

When from her sacred vale did spring,
with storm and flash, a monstrous thing,
his name, Lei Shen, the Thunder King.

His thunder rolled across the land,
and none who dared and fought could stand
against the ire of the Tyrant's hand.

A palace grand, a walled domain,
such mighty works borne of his reign,
built by slaves, their hearts in chains.

But seasons change, and tyrants die,
his fury spent in times gone by,
the Thunder slept, beneath Kun-Lai.

By Zandalari hands he has been taken,
by Zandalari voice he has awakened.

Gather, heroes, sound the drums,
the Thunder King comes,
the Thunder King comes.
Jormus
Jormus

Location : Milliways, the Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Character sheet
Name: Jormus Darrowfell
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:55 am

Things are moving in the Blood Elf community, Sunreavers are on the rise.

Expect us.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:04 pm

You can probably expect the Shado-pan from the Blooming Lotus, but I am not sure whether you can expect me in particular - real life has been catching up and that means I don't have nearly as much time to play and especially organize events like I would like to have.

Oh well, there's no hurry. Supposedly there's still some time between this patch and the next in which to muck about.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down