Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] The Deadwind Conclave

+10
Unknown
Valerias
Zhakiri
Ledgic
Lavian
Aadaria-Ioanna
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Jehorius
Thomas
Feydor
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[A] The Deadwind Conclave Empty [A] The Deadwind Conclave

Post by Feydor Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:01 pm

[A] The Deadwind Conclave Deadwindicon2-1

Who are we?

The Deadwind Conclave is a newly formed Alliance RP guild, hoping to fill the void of Cultist Roleplay. It is an interesting concept, based on a lot of player made lore. The premise follows: Ages ago, there rose a secret society known as the Apostles of Nazur. They followed a philosophy that promoted no restrictions on the types of magic practiced, that the pursuit of knowledge should know no bounds and that one should seek to reach their true potential, whatever the cost. The Apostles flourished, reaching great heights of power and knowledge, alas suddenly dissapearing mysteriously. They left behind artifacts and scripture, to be sought out by those worthy enough.

As described in the post below, Dostoyev and Edaktitus finally came across some of these scriptures, proving that the existence of the Apostles was no mere folk tale. The Deadwind Conclave now wishes to reform this empire, under the new banner of the Conclave, and spread the way of Nazur for all to follow.

Who are we looking for?

The Deadwind Conclave is looking for those who are willing to put the effort into creating interesting plots, events and relationships. The types who seek knowledge and power fit in great, but there is always room for mindless brutes and sycophantic servants. We accept all classes and races, taking each persons character uniquely.

In-Character Goals

The Conclave seeks to restore the old Empire of Nazur under the new banner of the Deadwind Conclave.

Through this aspiration, great power will be obtained, and the false philosophies that Light dogs hold, and others, will be dismantled, ushering in a new society.

No longer shall shadow and fel be subjugated, no longer shall practitioners be hunted by false prophets who are the judge, jury and executioner.

To accelerate this change, the lost artifacts and scripture of the Nazurian Empire must be sought out and acquired once more. Knowledge is a weapon that we shall use to our advantage.

For the individual, one must strive to obtain their potential, no longer restricted by distorted ideologies.

Where do we reside?

As of yet, the 'birthplace' of the Conclave is in Deadwind, of course, but this doesn't mean we only roleplay here. We hope to have plots all over the lands, whether it be in the Duskwood community, Stormwind and perhaps some trips over to Gilneas.

Where might I get some more information?

This is only a brief overview, to read about more of the lore and the guild, head over to http://thedeadwindconclave.freeforums.org, specifically in the thread titled 'The Nazeth'. Or, if you have any other questions, throw them either at Dostoyev or Edaktitus in-game. We hope to interact and cooperate with a wide variety of guilds, so if anyone has any thoughts and ideas about events, feel free to talk!
And if you have the time, give the story below a read, it might answer quite a few of your questions!
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet
Name: Theodore
Title: Grand Wizard

Back to top Go down

[A] The Deadwind Conclave Empty Re: [A] The Deadwind Conclave

Post by Thomas Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:03 pm

PROLOGUE

The little gnome and his human follower walses down the howling path in the howling, desolate place known as Deadwind Pass.

Something is familiar with this odd travelling group. The gnome is hooded and cloaked, walking ever-so-troubled. Whilst the man walks with pride in a dashing suit looking very formidable. A whining horse walks with them, carrying various possessions. They make their way and soon the ancient tower reveals itself, finally their journey is complete, for now.
“Magnificent, wouldn’t you say, Mr. Quade?” The gnome declares.
“Quite so, sir.” He replies, not entirely bothered, he’s seen greater things and yet, something strange roams about this place. Like an unquenched power, hungering, still wanting what cannot be taken from the already drained land.
The last thing seen is the gnome opening the gates with a key, entering with his butler and another man, hooded and cloaked, they are not seen again.

CHAPTER 1: the Key of Nazur

(A month prior to the arrival to Deadwind Pass)
“Bring me my book, Quadian.” The gnome said from the upper levels
Bemused, the butler does as asked… commanded: “Right away, sir.”
“We approach our second year, Quade, It has been far too delightful I must say.” The gnome asserted when handed his book.
“Much so, sir, is there any other task you wish to be carried out?” Quadian asked with an artful manner.
“Go speak to the gatekeeper, I must exchange words shortly.” The gnome mumbled, absentminded, as he starts going through his book whilst doing whatever.
“Very well.” Quadian nodded and headed down again.
The gnome staggered along the room, nose-down in his book, he finds what he’s looking for and smirks. He starts writing down something on a piece of parchment with quite an odd quill. Brown with a gray tip, the handle is engraved with silver lining. Very peculiar.

Within minutes the butler and gatekeeper returned. The gatekeeper seemed to be elvish, highborne even so. “You summoned me, master Shacklebolt?”
“Yes, I did, we prepare to leave soon, I am very close. I charge you to steward my tower whilst I make travel, you musn’t allow entrance to either body or soul, can you uphold this task?” Shacklebolt answered.
“It shall be done, my lord.” The elf bowed down and nodded.

Approaching the evening, the gnome had packed various items into a bag.
“Quade, be on alert, we’re about to enter Tirisfal” Shacklebolt warned and opened a portal to said lands.
Quadian nodded and picked up Shacklebolt’s bag on his back as they both stepped into the portal and emerged on the other side. Tirisfal Glades, once a prosperous and beautiful forest within a mighty kingdom, was now a gloomy, dark, infested land of the dead.
“We’re here to seek remnants of my father’s old order” Shacklebolt said to Quadian, tapping the side of his nose.
-“I see, well where do we start?” Quadian replied.
“The council was held mostly inside Lordaeron, but those who reside there now are not to be tempered lightly with.” The gnome said as he pointed towards the ruins of Lordaeron.
“Come, we must prepare” he made his way through the murky, gloomy woods with Quadian following him closely behind
They settled behind a big rock and the gnome motioned for the bag and took out several items from it.
Quadian did not really know why they were here and what they were doing. He was a man that did not make much notice unless he really needed to. His curiosity overtook him and he looked at the gnome. “What are we actually doing here?”
-“We’re soon at the climax of my search, Master Quadian.” The gnome said, riddling.
“Could you enlighten me?” he said, rather annoyed by the mysticism the gnome always had about him. Why did he always have to speak in riddles?
-“Fine, I have told you of the Nazur, yes?” Shacklebolt said, while setting up his items, examining them.
Quadian recalled the name, the gnome had told him about this before, It was an ancient society of magicians who would not stand for the restrictions of magic. They said the preachers of Light were false, corrupted and set down rules they had “received from the light”. All of this propaganda just to gain power. Magicians had departed from their kingdoms and groups to join the Apostles of Nazur to create a better society for mages, free from restrictions, with access to unlimited knowledge. The Nazur grew into a brief empire. However, much of their existence has been hidden and covered away, lost in time perhaps.
“I recollect some, what of it?” Quade said, still curious.
-“Well, the last two years they have been my primary concern, they have done many wonders and their vast knowledge of magic intrigues me. We’re here because I have found out that a powerful artifact of the Nazur was recovered by the Tirisfalen after the fall and disappearance of the Apostles. So long ago, even before I was born. And from what I understand, the item still exists here, untouched.”
Quadian felt excitement rouse up but tried to hold his posture and not show it.
“I see, very interesting, sir. Where may it be then?” he said, rather stiff.
-“That’s the trick, isn’t it?” The gnome said, riddling again.
Quadian shook his head and a slight smirk could be seen for a brief moment.
“Very well, my dear Quadian, we’re here to seek out the Key of Nazur. An artifact the Apostles had with them when they first appeared. It is said that this artifact has many attributes and I seek to uncover what exactly they are. My knowledge of the Tirisfalen is quite sufficient to tell me that they must’ve hidden it within a secluded place and then put a hiding spell on it.” Shacklebolt held up a book and showed it to Quadian.
-“What’s this then?” he asked.
“This is my spellbook, through all my life I have written down spells and how to carry them out and some that I only know what they do but not how to execute them. My father was in the Tirisfalen but died shortly after my birth, I was trained by a mage that knew my father. He told me a lot of secret things about the Tirisfalen, as they had dissolved short after my father’s death and the revelation of Medivh’s true nature. To the matter at hand, I believe I know what spell they have put on the artifact, I have created a counter to it to first show us where It might be and then how to break it”
Quadian looked at the gnome with a slight awe.

An hour went and the gnome prepared as Quadian sat beside, eagerly watching over Shacklebolts movements. As nightfall came, the gnome uttered some words and a light could be shown in the distance. They were close.

CHAPTER II: The meeting of Conclave.
Ever since their return, the gnome had locked himself away in his room with the artifact, he rarely came out, when he did he looked very puzzled and disturbed. Quadian only went up to deliver food and retrieve old dishes. After two week of secluded living the gnome came down from his room.
“We must leave, pack everything, we will not return in a very long while.”
Quadian looked quite annoyed again and bowed slightly –“Very well, sir.” He went out to the gatekeeper and told him what Shacklebolt said.
-“Whatever is Edaktitus up to?” the gatekeeper asked himself. “I shall watch over here, Master Quade, you musn’t keep our master waiting.”
Quadian shook his head again, went in and started packing.

Within a few hours they were on their way. A lot of bags and trunks were attached to an old horse and Shacklebolt wore his cloak and hood as he walked ahead with his staff, grunting and mumbling ever so slightly.
After a day they reached the kingdom of Stormwind and Shacklebolt ordered Quadian to rest the horse and wait at the inn for him, He should be back at nightfall.
Quadian did as ordered and went inside the inn. A lot of strange folk in there alright, vagabonds, mercenaries, merchants and thugs all of the sort in one big room, drunk as if there was no tomorrow.
He made his way to the barkeep and ordered a pint as two rather large men looked amused at him and chuckled as they whispered something, obviously about Quade.
“Care to share what’s so funny, gentlemen?” he said to the rough and dirty men to his side.
“You likes neva’ last long aroun’ere chap. Watch yer back.” The nearest said.
“I’ll be fine.” Quade nodded, quite nervous now. He took a table just under the staircase with his back against the wall, ever watching and sipping on his mug of mead from time to time.
On the other side of town the gnome was walking into another inn, he nodded at the innkeeper who looked baffled at his sight and Shacklebolt went down into the basement of the inn.
“Time is upon us. Will you heed my call when it comes?” he asked the men, standing in a circle under the inn. -“We shall, my lord” one said bowing slightly.
“Do you have my possessions?” Shacklebolt asked. They nodded and gave the gnome a box with contents known only to himself. “Until then.” He said and left again. He headed back to the Inn where Quadian was.

The inn had filled up with even more people when Quade saw the gnome coming in.
As the gnome was making his way through the crowd he was stopped by a huge man yelling:
“LOOK LADS! It be one o’ dem wee-midgets! You lost old goat?!” the crowd started laughing as they looked at Shacklebolt!
“I know perfectly where I am. Move please” the gnome replied.
-“ ‘e said please, lads! Should I move?!” He laughed and the crowd yelled: “No!” to reply.
At this point Quadian stood up and was ready to intervene but all of the sudden, the huge man fell to his knees, bowing before the gnome.
“I- I- I’m sorry, oh lord.” The man said and Shacklebolt made his way to Quadian without remark, the crowd looking baffled at the gnome and scurried out of his way.
“Let’s leave, shall we?” he said to Quadian.
-“What was that? What did you do to him?” Quade said, a bit puzzled and baffled as well.
-“Oh nothing, just a little trick, he’ll go back to being vile and stupid in no time. Inferior minds are easily dominated you know.”
They left, retrieved their horse and luggage and made their way out of the city.
Night crept over the land and after an hour they were in the middle of Duskwood.

“Where are we going again?” Quade asked… he remembered he had no idea where they were headed.
-“We’re going forward” the gnome replied. Quadian looked annoyed but let it pass following the gnome as he steered the horse.

They reached a place where there was no sign of life and the land was truly a dark wasteland.

“Beware, there are ogres here.” Shacklebolt said. Quadian looked around, slightly nervous again.
They made their way down a valley and then Quadian saw it, a large tower in the middle of a ruined village.
“What is this place?” Quadian said.
-“This is Deadwind Pass and that is Karazhan. The tower has stood there for many, many decades if not millennia. The last guardian resided there and it’s the last known whereabouts of the Soulblighter.” The gnome said and pointed at the tower.
They made their way down and stopped at the gate. “Wait here, Quadian” Shacklebolt said and made his way around the tower. Quadian did as told and started unpacking the horse.
Shacklebolt made his way around the tower to what seemed like a path down to a crypt, under the tower.

The gnome walked down into the crypt. He did not look frightened nor curious about this place. He knew where he was headed. As he approached the largest room of the crypt, he saw a man standing in there, hooded and cloaked, wielding a gnarled and twisted staff. He stopped and looked puzzled. He had not foreseen this, who was this man?
“Who goes there?” he called out.
The man turned and looked at the gnome. “Who asks?”.
“I am Edaktitus Shacklebolt, now answer my question.” The gnome replied staring at the unknown man.
The man simply stared at the gnome momentarily, before answering;“I am Dostoyev Kharitonov.”

[A] The Deadwind Conclave Edakdostocopycopy

Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by Jehorius Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:04 pm

/approves
Jehorius
Jehorius

Character sheet
Name: Jehorius 'Regelius Renn' Amaltheria
Title: Iretongues' Hammer

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:07 pm

/joins Jeho
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:13 pm

Me like.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:46 pm

Finally!Smile *big stamp of approval*
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://shadesofreflection.forumocean.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:30 pm

G'luck. Shame Ireth is gone.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:19 am

Good luck guys! Very interesting looking, indeed.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:27 am

I approve, and Sprackle if you remember him, I told Quell about it and I'm sure he is interested Smile
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:29 am

I love this. Duskwood has certainly been missing its dark 'n dastardly elements of late! If you'll be allowing non-guild interaction I'm sure I'll be in touch eventually, and either way, I look forward to watching this develop. Great short story, too.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:59 am

I'll be watching you closely and from a distance, Tylaen ain't the cooperating kind but Im sure If he gets what he wants he'll agree Razz

See you around.
Unknown
Unknown

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:04 am

he he i beleave someone has ic'ly laid claim to that castle some months ago
just to let you know XD kazahan or watever its name is
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:08 am

Chareshía wrote:he he i beleave someone has ic'ly laid claim to that castle some months ago
just to let you know XD kazahan or watever its name is

Actually, said person choose to Rp "karazhan" as a very hidden castle In Duskwood...Unless he changed that.
Unknown
Unknown

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:39 am

ah ok Razz
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynar / Raviran Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:44 am

[A] The Deadwind Conclave Nigga-approves-
Reynar / Raviran
Reynar / Raviran

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:34 pm

Last known person to be in karazhan ICly is teh Soulblightah I believe! one of the reasons we went there! (Correct me if I'mma wrong, Ataris)

Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:39 pm

Imo, Karazhan is so big, and there's so many other powers at work there /Echos of Medivh, -noone- can claim any "ownership"
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jehorius Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:41 pm

That's what I always pictured, but people can rise to powers of their own and thus make use of old dusty towers such as Karazhan. I decided on Jezzek that I'd use the model, but not the ACTUAL Karazhan tower. But that's just me.
Jehorius
Jehorius

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:46 pm

I can understand travelling inthere at risk of own life, but saying you rule the place, and can actually try to keep other people out from venturing into it is a no-go.
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jehorius Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:50 pm

Considering It's always been as if that tower got a life of It's own, and was there way before Medivh claimed it with an unknown origin... Yes, claiming it for oneself is a little far fetched. But there are many ways he could keep people out. Narrow-minded!
Jehorius
Jehorius

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:53 pm

Medivh? Ofcourse. I mean random person 54784 claiming it.
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jehorius Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:55 pm

I wasn't refering to Medivh, though. I got what you meant. Smile
Jehorius
Jehorius

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:56 pm

Thus, player lore comes into hand, we "believe" it was made by the Nazur and placed there because of the strong ley-line that goes through deadwind.
Thus comes some good RP of how the tower was made and why.

Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by Jehorius Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:57 pm

Cheers for player made lore! Smile
Jehorius
Jehorius

Character sheet

Back to top Go down