Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The mmorpg of your dreams, time to dig out the fantasies!

+16
Amaryl
Chase - Esou
Nayan
Ralegh
Mervyn
Lini
Muzjhath
Lavian
Etular
Unknown
Seranita
Mikasa
Jeanpierre
Geneviève
Kristeas Sunbinder
Meralynn / Ashla
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The mmorpg of your dreams, time to dig out the fantasies! Empty The mmorpg of your dreams, time to dig out the fantasies!

Post by Meralynn / Ashla Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:10 pm

So what would your dream game be like? Don't let what is possible stop you, just dream! Let me tell you about mine. Smile

I would want a game world without magic, or with only very rare infusions of magic (think LotR or A Song of Ice and Fire). The game would be focused on RP but there would also be PvE and PvP, although everyone would be human and everyone would be able to speak with eachother and be friends, should they choose so. This would give players the ability to start and end proper wars between their guilds, between cities or whatever. Some Romeo and Juliette stories would most likely occur, people could play sellswords who just fight for the highest bidder, the leaders could have heated debates... It'd be great! Very Happy

I would also want one huge city with poor and awful districts with muddy streets and rats, a big keep full of rooms and audience chambers, galleries and other royal stuffs. I would want a proper prison with cells that had doors that could be closed, beds for the guards, dressing rooms, mess hall and all those things.
I would want a finer district in the city with fancy houses and stores that were both full of NPC's but also some that were empty and available for RP'ing the owner etc.
Awesomest thing would be to integrate blocks into the city where you could own a house. Those of you who have played LotRO know of what i speak: instanced blocks with both guild and player houses. These blocks would be entered by going into an instance gate in the end of a street, then picking from a list which block you wish to go to. These houses would be customizable, for example you would be able to tear down a wall or build an outhouse on the back yard, aswell as buying and placing furniture and decorations any way you'd want to (in LotRO the idea is awesome but for some reason you can't place chairs by the table and things like that.). The houses would be locked for anyone but the person or family who live there but those players could grant access to their friends or someone who wanted to break and enter or what not.

Now, the emote system... Ever played Sims? Imagine if you could right click stuff and chose from several options and that the character would then do it! For example a mug of ale could have the options Sip, Drink heavily, Spill, Drink up, Throw in face of target, Raise for toast etc.
The lovely /e would of course be there too. Smile

Clothing and armour would be fully customizable as you could dye the cloth, stitch arms to your dress, cut your leggings off so they would be shorts, stitch on emblems and everything like that. If you had a cloak you could choose to wear the hood up or down. If you had a hat your hair would still stick out properly from underneath it.

The game's PvE and PvP would not be based on levels, you could go anywhere you want in the world regardless of your level. Levels would rbing some more HP and stats and stuff, aswell as some new abilities. The mobs would be un-levelled but would be easier to defeat if you had more abilities and stats, of course. Think DragonAge!

Hmm... I am rather sure I have more on my mind but that is what I can come up with now! Very Happy
Meralynn / Ashla
Meralynn / Ashla

Character sheet
Name: Meralynn
Title: Sergeant, Blazing Shields

Back to top Go down

The mmorpg of your dreams, time to dig out the fantasies! Empty Re: The mmorpg of your dreams, time to dig out the fantasies!

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:27 pm

Age of Conan as it was hyped to be (dark fantasy, nearly no magic, less emphasis on hoarding purples, FFA pvp).

Or, a science fiction mmo set in a completely original setting (no more licensed crap IPs thank you very much) with none or very little emphasis on flying in spaceships.

I'm looing forward to the Fallout mmo, if the court battle doesn't kill it it off Smile

Back to top Go down

The mmorpg of your dreams, time to dig out the fantasies! Empty Re: The mmorpg of your dreams, time to dig out the fantasies!

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:32 pm

A game where there is "civilian" clothing next to armor and where I can choose how to look and am not forced to wear something that looks bad because the stats are good. Just hope they make it possible without spending money, as they claim is their philosophy. There should be a dye system.

A game that give mini games, that has a thought out way to brawl in a bar, complete with broken bottles and bar stools. It was not something I thought about first, but then I heard the idea.

I liked where they split up magic not in different kind of flavors with vague overlaps. The game I think about has magic split up in "Preservation, Destruction, Aggression, and Denial" and it's set up in a way that makes it by "natural" law impossible to be able to do everything. Where ressurection isn't just a game mechanic, but there was actualy a fight between two gods, one in favor of ressurection and one against.

Where what you as your character actualy has influence on how npc's react to you. And where there will actualy be effects on the game world when I do something with others.
Where my characters has a home.

Diverse locations, jungles, snowy mountain peaks, sandy dunes and beautiful beaches.

I'll be honest, what I want in a game is pretty much what they promise for Guild Wars 2 except for that it hasn't been mentioned if your characters appearance changes, like scars and such.
I mean seriously >.> dude is creating languages (supposed dead ones) that your character will be able to learn in the game.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Geneviève Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:49 pm

I'd play Dragon Age as an MMO, but I think it would end up frustrating me in the same way a lot of MMO's would. The gameplay wouldn't translate very well to a multiplayer setting. I mean to say, Mages in that game destroy everything.

So I'd want that setting, but scrap playable mages, and scrap abilities and skills whilst you're at it. The gameplay would be a mix between Mount and Blade, and the Thief series.

The stealth elements of Thief are fantastic and Mount and blades multiplayer is more frustrating than any other game I've ever played. Why? Because when you die you've nobody to blame but yourself, If you're quick enough/skilled enough you can block/evade anything. There are no stat modifiers on gear beyond how much momentum your weapon has, it's qualities (bashing/cutting etc), it's length, and the quality of armour on different parts of the body.

I've discussed this with Tarvik at collossal length in the past, I'm not sure why I haven't really got more to say.
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:57 pm

I sometimes wish I was back that brutal mechwarrior strapped in a walking nuke reactor and actually have a world I'd have to work/live in with a cause to fight for.
Ohh I might just try to be back my old self again... Brutal. Very, very brutal. I would sign for a chance to RP that in an MMO.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikasa Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:01 am

Fallout style MMO. That's all I want.
Mikasa
Mikasa

Character sheet
Name: Mikasa Angelos
Title: Retlol God

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:02 am

I think genes first post had it down to a T that would be purfect

oh just one advancement on that thow in charicter customisation when you make the toons,.. you get a full sims style setup with the bases varying to races of corse but wich also allows you to manualy alter hight build etc

and add the whol diet ability of grant theft ato san andreas where your toon has the potential to be very obese,.. super anarexic, hench or drugged looking Smile
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:17 am

Well Genevieve hit my nail...RIGHT ON THE HEAD, with that post about dragon age also being my favorite game Of all times Razz

Could be awesome...for a time unless there was implemented other than said stuff.

P.S Chareshia add Idea's could be nice for "the looks" although I've thoughts Of what possibilities should be available and how. Not that I don't know what she'd do with the options

Unknown
Unknown

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:36 am

My idea would probably be the most complex. As well as having a Dragon Age 2-styled or The Elder Scrolls-styled Battle System (i.e. active participation in combat, by pressing certain buttons to attack), which will also have a body-part aim system; as well as having the "Sims Emote System" mentioned above and custom clothing, levels don't affect combat hugely etc. I will also have a Runescape-styled skill-system (i.e. skill build-up = higher level), with "over 50 skills".

The one thing that I believe will make my game most complex is an "environmental factor" - in which there will be abilities to set, for example, forests on fire (either by Fire-Making or Fire-Magic); or control large bodies of water (i.e. rivers and lakes) if skilled in Water Magic, as well as controlling trees etc. All of which would respawn after a time.

There will be an independent force for each race, each with 5 cities each. Each city can be taken over, but the less cities a force has, the harder their guards are to beat. They cannot take over the last force's city/outpost etc.

To remind myself of what to add tonight: Open PvP, Honor loss for attacking allies, Languages, Betrayal of your Force, Duelling - for fun and Death and More!
Etular
Etular

Character sheet
Name: Etular Fizzlebomb
Title: Demonology Student of GAIRDAS

http://www.etular.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:37 pm

Mikasa wrote:Fallout style MMO. That's all I want.

You do know that it's coming, right? Very Happy http://www.fallout-on-line.com/
Unless Bethesda wins the court case :/

Anyhoo, I'm getting tired of action bars, hotkeys and having more spells/abilities than there's enough space for.
My dream mmo would have a new way of input and not be bugged down by bar sorting and macro making *nod*

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikasa Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:45 pm

Saali wrote:

I know it's "coming", but as it's still been thrown around in court, yeah :3
Mikasa
Mikasa

Character sheet
Name: Mikasa Angelos
Title: Retlol God

Back to top Go down

Post by Meralynn / Ashla Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:25 pm

I would want the game to be mature rated, much like AoC. I want to be able to play a really bad guy who goes to brothels, say c**t without anyone reacting and so on.
The player base would be focused on creating an immersive medieval environment where soldiers are rapists and can cut you down without warning, where poor people are not allowed in certain areas of the city and where nobles despise everyone below their own rank. Selfish people fighting for their own survival no matter the cost. And of course, a few Mr Honours as well, whatever you would want to play.

My absolute dream MMO would probably be of the Song of Ice and Fire universe. (omg, can't wait til april 17th and July 2nd or 12th or whenever that was)
George RR Marting has signed a game company to make a game out of his books, what I fear though is that it will not be like I want it to be. Razz

If I got to make up a Song of Ice and Fire mmo, for example, there would be classes something like these:
Knight - Melee fighter/tank with sword or axe and Shield.
Thug - Melee fighter with two one-handed weapons, poisons, backstab and stuff. No f'ing stealth.
Septon/Septa - Healer/buffer who prays to the gods instead of using magic. Send a prayer off to the Stranger to DoT the enemy, pray to the Smith for armour bonuses, to the Mother for "healing" etcetera.
Maester - Pet class, using your crow for damage. You can get a raven or a falcon or an eagle or whatnot as you progress. Also has the ability to bandage up people, sipher runes and stuff.
Archer - Ranged DPS with arrows, no game can really be without them.
--no f'ing magic to ruin my medieval immersion!--

Oh, and any class could wear any gear, only the heavy armour would not give stats to those who are meant to wear light stuff and vice versa. There would also be an option to "save" outfit looks (like in LotRO) and wear the looks on top of your gear. Infinite looks can be saved and they can be altered and sent on to your other characters, without level restrictions.

Character customization would be, as someone mentioned above, like in the Sims3. You could also change your body type exactly the way you want so you could make a guy with incredibly fat stomach but spider-like arms and legs if you'd want to. Or a woman who actually has SMALL breasts instead of the mmo-disease-huge-boobies. Razz
Characters could be altered while playing the game too, you could decide to lose or gain weight and muscles, you could add scars... I imagine a set of scars that you can change the size and the "freshness" of, rotate however and then paste them unto your body wherever you want them to be. Same thing with tattoos.

Anytime in your game you can go to some sort of menu and place a bleeding wound anywhere on your character. So if i stab you in the hand you will get a bleeding hand. Very Happy

FlagRSP-like description functions would be in the game from the start. Oh, and the GM's would actually be there to play NPC's on request and stuff like that.
Meralynn / Ashla
Meralynn / Ashla

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Meralynn / Ashla Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:31 pm

Oh, oh, oh, also you would not DIE but get injured and unable to fight before stitched up, much like in Dragon Age.
Meralynn / Ashla
Meralynn / Ashla

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:17 pm

Saali wrote:

Anyhoo, I'm getting tired of action bars, hotkeys and having more spells/abilities than there's enough space for.
My dream mmo would have a new way of input and not be bugged down by bar sorting and macro making *nod*

Sadly that wont be the case unless we're talking possibly first person shooter. I believe the current interface is pretty fluid and gives a user plenty of control over how to play their game from an "Input" perspective. Less clicking perhaps and more keybinding. Very Happy
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:19 pm

Eira wrote:
Saali wrote:

Sadly that wont be the case unless we're talking possibly first person shooter. I believe the current interface is pretty fluid and gives a user plenty of control over how to play their game from an "Input" perspective. Less clicking perhaps and more keybinding. Very Happy

Or we get some kind of holographic interface that we use instead of a keyboard and with a good voice recognition program, instead of skill bars you could just cast and attack by gesturest and words spoken. But that, I can't help thinking, will take quite a time.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:17 pm

Well, you could always get one of the experimental mind controllers for your computer, and make input commands for your MMO skills and use ze powah o' your brains!
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lini Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:24 pm

A sandbox MMO with FFA PvP and enforced RP rules. And it doesn't suck. Give me a game like that and I'd be happy.
Lini
Lini

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:42 pm

Lini wrote:A sandbox MMO with FFA PvP and enforced RP rules. And it doesn't suck. Give me a game like that and I'd be happy.

Does minecraft have pvp?
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:51 pm

It does.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:02 pm

Now just give it rp rules?
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:07 pm

Backstory of Minecraft

Back to top Go down

Post by Meralynn / Ashla Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:30 pm

Please stop derailing my thread!
Meralynn / Ashla
Meralynn / Ashla

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mervyn Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:07 pm

I would love a MMO based on the TV show Firefly...Get a crew...Go out into space...*sighs* if only...

Mervyn

Character sheet
Name: Mervyn
Title: Deathbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:37 am

I would like to see something like the ship battles from allods in another game, possibly set more in space (or in the air) and not in whatever they called that annoying cloud thing.
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:41 am

Elaborate. Pretty sure most of us have not played allods.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next