Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lady

Go down

The Lady Empty The Lady

Post by Shagrath Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:52 pm

The night had arrived to the city of Stormwind and thrown her dark cape over the sky. The stoned streets reflected the gentle light of the moon, making the shadowy corners and alleys – which the old town had plenty – seem as dark as the void itself. The tavern of pig and whistle had had a slow evening and the bartender peered around the room while picking up dirty mugs and plates. He cheered up seeing the tavern empty and was already in the thought of closing the place early and going home to enjoy some quality time with his wife. His smile quickly died on his lips, however.

He noticed people sitting in the furthest and the most shadowy corner of the tavern and let out a deep sigh of disappointment. Had it been almost anyone else from the king of Stormwind to the abbot, even though the bartender was very religious, he would have politely asked them to enjoy their last drinks and subtly hinted them that he was about to close the place. But now he had to settle for a frown. The two elves had removed their masks since the last time bartender had rested his eyes on them. Recognising the couple, he sighed returning behind his counter, beaten. He knew they were not to be disturbed.

Shagrath sipped his flagon of mead with a grin playing on his lips as he peered at the elven lady in front of him. “That is the third time you ask me that. You really that interested?” he mused in calm and low voice, without seeming to be in any hurry to get the sentence finished. The Lady lowered her gaze at the table briefly and replied in apologetic tone
“Yes. Too interested even it seems…” seeming somewhat surprised herself.
“I can’t answer your question…” Shagrath said, calculating the Lady with his glare and making sure he wouldn’t miss a single twitch on her beautiful face that might signal frustration or any other feeling. The Lady kept it all inside and nodded slowly.
“But I could show you…” he continued, still examining her face with a slight grin and keeping his pipe casually in his mouth. She looked at Shagrath intently, without a word in thought.

“If you want to that is…” he continued. This time the Lady couldn’t keep her feelings to herself and her eyes widened slightly in excitement.
“…now?” she asked. Shagrath nodded slightly, his face expressionless. “Yes” the Lady whispered.

Shagrath chugged the rest of his drink down and shook the burning ashes from his pipe to the empty mug, causing the bartender to frown behind his counter. The barkeep carefully followed the couple with his eyes until they had left the tavern and closed the door behind them. The bartender put down the mug he had been cleaning with an old rag, long after the mug was already as clean as it would get and paced off to the door. He locked it tight to avoid explaining anyone why he was closing early.
Shagrath
Shagrath

Character sheet
Name: Shagrath Mooncrow
Title: "Scarecrow"

Back to top Go down

The Lady Empty Re: The Lady

Post by Shagrath Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:30 pm

The stars glittered on the sky like diamonds on black velvet, peeking between numerous leaves of the Stranglethron Vale jungle. They were neither shy nor modest to show their beauty to the creatures who were bound to keep their feet on the ground. Shagrath glared up at the sky and was glad for his luck for the exceptionally beautiful night. The beauty did not reach his rotten heart, but it helped him to reach his goals. Shagrath was walking the road out of booty bay with the night elf lady following slightly behind him.

“The jungle always eases my mind…” Shagrath said peering through the roof of leaves at the glittering sky.
“Yes. It is somehow soothing… But there is always someone lurking in the shadows”, replied the Lady after a brief silence.
“Is there?” Shagrath asked with a sly smirk. The Lady nodded without reacting to the challenging tone of Shagrath’s question. Shagrath couldn’t help but to smile at her comment. There was something in it he couldn’t quite put his finger on… a memory.

Shagrath pushed the thought away and tightened his grip of his own mind. Yes, he had noticed this almost the moment he had met her. She was very much alike him, but it was no reason to lower his impenetrable shield. He knew from experience that it was a reason to fortify it.

“We’ll see if my own remedy works on you as well…” said Shagrath with the same amused tone, his sudden coldness showing no signs outwardly. The Lady peered at him searchingly but didn’t comment.

The light of the moon and the stars couldn’t reach below the thick layers of leaves and branches that covered the small path Shagrath lead the Lady to.
Shagrath
Shagrath

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shagrath Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:51 pm

Bathing in the gentle light of the moon, one ledge of rock reached out from the edge of the jungle towards the horizon, leaving sixty feet of nothing but air between it and the surface of the ocean below. The night was calm, water meeting the shore in peace and then pulling back drowsily, as if it wouldn’t have minded a moment's rest ashore. A very gentle breeze swept across the edge of the jungle and made the leaves hanging around a trail join its tranquil dance, as two night elf figures emerged from the shadows.

Shagrath walked to the very edge and peered at the horizon. The Lady did the same without moment’s hesitation. Something in Shagrath’s dark heart twitched. It wasn’t because of the beauty surrounding him, even though it was remarkable. The vastness of the ocean, seeming to reach the very corners of the world; the sky, stars glistering in the void, bringing their breathtaking beauty out at the fullest; the moon, glowing gently with it’s silvery light, sharing it with the world and asking nothing in return; and the Lady, leaving all the others in shame with her own beauty.

No. It was the memories of the past that touched him when he entered this place, memories of the time this scenery had brought him comfort. This was indeed one of the places he had visited during his absence which the Lady was so curious about.

“This is the place. The place where I come when I need to… forget my own tormentors in the shadows”, Shagrath said, still peering at the ocean.
“It’s… beautiful”, the Lady whispered. Shagrath turned to her.
“How are your shadows now?” he asked, peering at her.
“They’re always there”, she said and met his gaze self-confidently. Shagrath peered along the horizon when he continued:
“I come here when I need to forget about the world… for this place is a world of its own.” The Lady followed his gaze with her own and nodded slowly, thoughtful.
“In this world there is no past…” Shagrath turned to face her again and stepped close to her. She didn’t even twitch nor seem to feel uncomfortable. They looked each other in the eyes as he continued, “no future to worry about… only present”. She looked back at him intently, seeming to drain every word and breath with all of her senses. Shagrath leant closer and the moment his lips met hers, she shrugged and pulled her head back.

Rejected.

Shagrath had evaluated the situation wrong. He was used to getting what he wanted and could feel the anger and frustration rush through his veins, but kept it all inside and looked at her smiling slightly. He wasn’t giving up this easily.
“…why?” she asked and looked at Shagrath, and her eyes widened demanding an answer.
“…why not? There is no past… no future… only present…” Shagrath whispered and continued, “Can you let your past go… just for a moment? Can you forget about those lurking in the shadows...” Shagrath paused for a moment and looked intently into her eyes,”…just for a moment?” The Lady met his eyes with hers and bit her lower lip.
“I… can…” she said and closed her eyes. Shagrath leant closer slowly and his lips brushed against hers. She shrugged and pulled her head back.

Again. He felt the rage rising but it quickly died out when he came to shocking realisation, what he wanted from her could not be taken by force. A familiar, cold and sinister voice echoed through his mind,
“You’re falling for her…”
“I know what I’m doing…” Shagrath replied, unable to keep the frustration at bay.
“Oh really…” mocked the voice “what are you doing then?”
“I’ll make her fall in love with me, then I can use her just the way I please…” Shagrath replied.
“You’re making a big mistake…” hissed the voice and was about to continue but Shagrath interrupted it.
“Enough! I know what I’m doing.”

A silence. The Lady opened her eyes with a slight blush appearing on her cheeks.
“…will I ever understand you…?” She whispered. Shagrath examined her with his gaze before answering,
“You can… if you want to"
“yes… I do…” she whispered looking in Shagrath’s eyes intently. Shagrath turned to the ocean again and they both peered at the breathtaking view for a moment in silence.

“All beauty is corrupted at some point”, Shagrath said and peered at the Lady for a moment before turning back at the ocean and continuing, “the thought does not make it less desirable though… quite the opposite…” The Lady smiled slightly again when she noticed he wasn’t talking about the scenery. A silent promise in her eyes, she wanted to but could not, not without knowing more, not without understanding. Shagrath felt a pleasant feeling go through his body, caused by this new challenge set before him. At least that was what he convinced himself to believe. It wouldn’t have been because she was so much like himself, and so beautiful…

No. Shagrath had hardened himself against such feelings long ago. It wasn’t it.

A gentle breeze blew over the edge of the jungle again, pulling the leaves to its gentle dance. One heart-shaped leaf decided it had come time for and adventure and detached itself from the tree that had once given it life. The leaf floated slowly downward, enjoying the breeze and the scenery constantly speeding past it. It swirled past two night elves frozen in the moment and kept gliding down. The leaf hit the sand of the beach below and felt disappointed as it realised the ride was over. The sensation didn’t last for long though, since in a moment waves flushed over it and then pulled it towards another adventure…
Shagrath
Shagrath

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shagrath Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:55 am

The Arena. Known all over Azeroth for its battles and, most importantly, treasures. Every now and then old and twisted goblin pirate leaves a chest filled with treasures, collected during his years of piracy, in the middle of the ring. The goblin gets his moneys worth of bloody carnage in return. The rules are clear for everyone: there are none. Last man standing takes it all.

“The travel route between Booty Bay and Stormwind offers excellent chances of making money… for those who dare to take the risks involved”, said Shagrath to the Lady beside him.
He was eyeing the road before them as they stood at the entrance to the arena. Few moments earlier they had claimed the old goblins treasure, other contestants standing little chance against the combined might of Shagrath’s honed skills with the bow and the Lady’s potent shadow magic.

“I used to travel them a lot. Most of the goods from Kalimdor used to and still go through them. And there weren’t many who dared to risk the ambush by pirates, wildlife or the horde… those of us few who did, and even had the expertise to do it without unnecessary risks, were in high demand.” The Lady listened to him intently and nodded slightly as a sign of understanding.

They both peered at the road and noticed a group of horde as it quickly advanced towards them, led by a troll in black armour full of long spikes. Shagrath and the Lady both knew they wouldn’t stand a chance against five mounted and well armoured troll and tauren. They embraced themselves for the battle but did not draw their weapons. Prepared to fight until the bittersweet death, side by side, they stood and waited. A strange and pleasant sensation washed over Shagrath as he thought of this but he did not have time to pay it any attention as his mind started to go through all possibilities to survive through the situation.

Shagrath examined the troll as it unmounted and quickly moved towards them. A lightly built troll wearing cloth armour and pouches filled with spell-reagents hanging from his waist - obviously a mage. Shagrath prepared to feel the wave of ice blast over him, frost nova being a common opening spell for a mage, binding him in place. But the spell never fell.

The troll stopped only few steps away from Shagrath and a moment's silence followed. A wordless understanding formed between Shagrath and the troll: only fools cling to honour and pride in the jungle. And fools never last for long in there. Racial hatreds were set aside, neither had anything to win by fighting and everything to lose. Survival and profit held more weight in the jungle than revenge for sufferings of the ancestors. The troll said a word in commanding tone and motioned them to leave while he still hadn’t changed his mind about them. Shagrath nodded slowly and motioned the Lady to follow.

As they came to next turn of the road, the Lady peered over her shoulder to see if the situation was really over.
“They were most likely patrolling to find lightly guarded caravan. We have nothing they were interested in and a fight would only weaken their group”, Shagrath said with a smirk playing on his face. The Lady nodded slowly and peered at Shagrath for a moment in silence. Shagrath stared along the road and held back a grin.

“You wished to understand me?” he said slowly, enjoying the Lady’s reaction: her muscles tensed up as she realised what was asked of her.
“Yes…” the Lady replied and nodded.
“I’ve spent most of my life on the road, not planning my life further than the next place I close my eyes for sleep. I’ve always felt… chained if I stay in one place for long” Shagrath said peering along the road. The Lady listened intently.
“If I can see where I will be and what I’ll be doing after more than few days, I feel strangled, I feel like my life has already been lived and I have no reason to do it again…” he continued.
“No one can predict the future. No matter how you plan it, life still holds many surprises”, the Lady said thoughtfully.
“Perhaps… But I’ve learnt not to trust life to turn into my liking, unless I make it to…” Shagrath said and took a moment to enjoy the thought he had moulded his own life to his liking.

They stepped through the skeletal jaws of a huge shark and entered the heaven of piracy and smuggling - the Booty Bay. Seagulls flew in circles above the cove around which Booty Bay had been built. Formed would be more accurate, though, since the wooden shacks didn’t look as if anyone had spent any time planning where each one should be. The birds floated through the air in the bright sunshine, looking for leftovers. The weather was calm and peaceful.

Shagrath’s mind was not.

“You’re making a big mistake”, a voice snarled through Shagrath’s mind. “She will use it against you…”
“It’s obvious she won’t completely trust us no matter what I say. She’ll think she understands when I show her”
“And what makes her worth the risk? Do you still remember why you’re doing this?” the voice hissed in a poisonous tone.
“There are no risks.” Shagrath snapped. “I am in control.”

The voice faded but Shagrath knew it was still there… Waiting.

“To Southshore then”, Shagrath said when they reached the gryphon master. Lady’s eyes widened slightly but she only nodded. The two ordered a pair of gryphons and joined the seagulls in the sky.
Shagrath
Shagrath

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shagrath Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:06 am

A tranquil breeze blew from the sea, bringing with it a strong scent of salt as it swept over the town of Southshore. A guard wearing a tabard of the Stormwind guard peered at the sea. He was glad that the sun was setting. The heavy armour guards were to wear could feel as warm as a breath of a dragon when patrolling in heavy sunshine, such as the one that had tormented the guard and the town only several hours ago. The guard turned around to finish the last patrol around the town before ending his shift, when he saw two elves standing on the road carrying black tabards with eight-pointed stars on them. Guard stopped as if he had met an invisible wall and made sure his blade was still hanging firmly from his waist as a reflex.

“Are you aware of the situation at the Scarlet Monastery?” Shagrath questioned the Lady with a soft voice, peering along the road leading away from Southshore. The Lady followed his gaze with hers, thoughtful.
“Yes, I think so”, she replied quietly.
“The monastery has shut itself from the outside world. They have their own blacksmiths, they make their own wines and brew their own beer, farm and hunt their own food. Even though a careless adventurer gets killed passing through their grounds, there are individuals in the monastery that won’t mind certain pleasantries that their masters cannot support them with. They’re even willing to pay several times the market price for someone who can deliver the goods to them without much of a… scene”, Shagrath continued, motioning his saber to his side. The Lady called for her saber as well. Shagrath glanced at the sun, with a very brief somewhat wistful glimmer passing in his eyes.

“It was an early morning. There were twelve of us, our caravan was light and our mounts swift”, he mumbled towards the sun, his words, however, reaching the Lady clearly. “Most of us had been on this route before. Even though everyone knew of the dangers that lay ahead we remained confident”, he said, turning his gaze on the road ahead again.

The two disappeared into the fading light of the evening. The guard had seen but a glimpse of their faces, but it was enough to ruin his evening. Both had been stern, first one of determination, and the other one of growing ominous feeling which surrounded the softly spoken words of the first.
Shagrath
Shagrath

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shagrath Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:32 am

Tall elf’s dark armour cracked as he knelt. He ran his hand slowly trough the sand below, forming a pool and then slowly letting the sand stream trough his fingers. His gaze rose to the lake ahead, his eyes like two mirrors. The Lady cautiously followed, standing few steps behind him, observing. The darkness over Tirisfal Glades was tangible; it seemed to absorb all sounds and noises.

“We made camp for the night here”, Shagrath murmured his mirror eyes scanning the small opening in the woods. So vivid were the memories triggered by the place that his hands began to tremble ever so slightly. The smooth flow of the sand turned into an unsteady stream.

“And that night… we were ambushed by the Forsaken”, Shagrath closed his eyes, his fingers squeezing the sand. The Lady stepped carefully closer, kneeling down beside him. “The attack was quick and well prepared. The watchman never even sounded the alarm…. Perhaps he had fallen asleep… But a set up, a traitor in our midst, is a more likely alternative… someone saw our goods valuable enough to turn us all in to the Forsaken”, Shagrath mumbled, the trembling in his hands moving up to the rest of his body.

Lost in the memory and oblivious of his surroundings, he continued. “Those swift enough to reach for their weapons were slain… struck back down ruthlessly… Those who never had the time to get up from their bedrolls were… taken captive”, his voice grew weaker and the trembled as he went on.

“A gift of life all of us fortunate ones quickly came to see as a curse.”

Shagrath’s body shook intensely now, his nails cutting into the flesh of his palms. The Lady leaned closer and gently but firmly wrapped her arms around his elbow. Shagrath tried to shake her off, but the attempt was a futile one and her grip remained firm. Shagrath’s head slumped down, his eyes pressing strongly closed, as if in an attempt to block the events from repeating themselves over and over again in front of him.

Neither knew for how long they had remained there, huddled together beside the black lake that had long ago witnessed an elf being dragged away to never return the same again.

The journey to the past, however, had only just begun.
Shagrath
Shagrath

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shagrath Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:23 pm

Clunk. Clunk. Clunk.

Down. Down into the foul smelling darkness. A pair of mail boots resounded, multiplied and echoed forever against the damp stones of the tunnel. A gentle rustle of robes whispered in step.

The Undercity.

The tunnel devoured Shagrath, for him there was no turning back. He was drawn further, even though the deeper he went the harder it was to breathe, to walk, to be.

The tunnel wasn’t familiar to him, and yet he knew exactly where to turn amidst the complex maze of the catacombs. It was as if he was here for the first time, but had dreamt of this place, experienced it in a different life; he had seen it through the eyes of someone else.

And he knew for certain that this person had died down there.

The Lady followed, knowing the increasing danger but remaining close by his side. Torch after torch, they descended and Shagrath’s walk became heavier with every step. They rounded a corner after another, and after numerous more they finally reached the end of the tunnel. Shagrath stared at the slowly flowing river of green ooze that had just opened before them. The fumes it emitted made his eyes fly wide open because of the memories it triggered.

“I can not go any further”, Shagrath murmured, standing at the edge of the plateau they had just stepped on. His stare was transfixed on the river and his eyes wide open They were not filled with fear, however, but with sorrow. She stepped closer, as if to offer her support, but Shagrath stood calm and continued with a voice saturated with sadness.

“Go down the ramp… take the first turn right, and follow the tunnel you will find after a curvy bridge”, his voice was steady, and his eyes did not leave the river for a second.
“Here, take this… you will need it…” Shagrath said, pulling a small purple invisibility potion out of his belt.

She took the potion handed to her and gave Shagrath one last worried look, before turning and walking down the ramp with a shiver running down her spine. She stole around the corner and made her way along the walls yet deeper, into the part of Undercity known as the Apothecarium.
Shagrath
Shagrath

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shagrath Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:16 pm

Smell of burnt flesh. Stinging odor of highly toxic liquids. Fuming caldrons lining the black walls of stone that were decorated with endless rows of sharp, multi edged appliances of torture.

Long ranks of iron barred cages barely large enough for a single humanoid to sleep in… or to die in.

Tangible stench of horrors far worse than death.

The Lady moved slowly, crouching against the walls, even though invisible. She fought with every step the urge to flee back, to run… anywhere else. But there was one last room over the hall she couldn’t see into from her position. One room that, even in this wretched place, sought to keep its horrors hidden deeper within. She sneaked carefully further, closer to the archway from where shone an ominous glow.

An agonized howl pierced the air.

A plea for death, coming from the very room The Lady was headed to. Her blood froze, and her hands began to sweat slightly. There wasn’t much time; the invisibility potion wouldn’t last for long anymore. The Lady bit her teeth together and forced herself to proceed. Cautiously peeking around the corner, she drew in a long breath, unable to exhale.
Shagrath
Shagrath

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shagrath Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:15 pm

Master Apothecary Faranell took great pleasure in his work. Cutting slowly through the stomach of his subject with his scalpel, he finally found the organ he was searching for. With a curt nod he ordered his apprentice to bring forth the can of foaming green acid. With a twisted grin on his decaying face, Master Apothecary Faranell reached his hand and whirled one of the wheels on the perversion of a surgery table. The board onto which the subject’s head was firmly tied to turned upward, forcing him to look straight into his own mutilated stomach. The subject would have long ago passed out of pain but for the strong drugs administered for him.

As the apprentice poured the liquid slowly as ordered, a small glimpse of white hair disappeared from the archway.

The Lady hadn’t noticed the invisibility potion to wear off before she saw the surprised face of a forsaken guard, as she almost stumbled over him when rounding a corner. The Lady mumbled words of shadow and after a few moments the surprised guard lay twitching on the floor. It would not take long before they’d start looking for him, however.

Upon her return, Shagrath was standing in the very place where the Lady had left him. His gaze, however, had risen from the river of slime to stare at the faraway wall, his haunted eyes obviously not seeing it. She walked up to him and placed her hand gently on his arm. No outward signs showed Shagrath noticing her, but he began to speak, his voice low and wearied.

“The apothecaries seek to brew up new plagues to be unleashed upon Lady Sylvanas’ enemies… they test their progress on live subjects… and it is not often they get their hands on a… night elf…” Shagrath murmured, his face twisting ever so slightly as if in pain. “I watched my friends die to their tests… one by one… but it didn't take long before I began to envy my deceased friends…”

“I was too rare… too valuable… to be allowed to die…” Shagrath mumbled bitterly.

“Come, let’s go… away from here…” The Lady whispered, wrapping her arms around Shagrath’s and pulling him softly away from the edge.
Shagrath
Shagrath

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shagrath Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:09 pm

They stood at the exit of the tunnel, side by side, staring at the night sky. The fresh air of Tirisfal Glades cleared Shagrath’s thoughts some, but the memories remained vivid.

“There was a raid of some kind… through this very tunnel… Brugnus was there… he saved me, and provided me with a place to live and offered me food from his table… until I… regained some of my self-awareness…” Shagrath mumbled, looking at the stars. She nodded slowly, still holding his arm in hers.

A sudden flash of moonlight, reflected from a sharp dagger behind them.

The Lady let out a gasp of pain and stumbled forward. The undead rogue closed in right behind her to finish her off. She mumbled a word, and the assaulter was struck with vivid images of his worst fears and began to flee. The magic would wear out soon, however. Shagrath shook fogginess away and drew his bow. Aiming a concussive blast at the creature, he began firing arrows repeatedly towards it. The Lady turned around and started calling the power of the shadows upon the attacker. Soon the wretched creature lay on the ground, more lifeless than it had been before.

“…are you all right…?” Shagrath asked after The Lady was finished with her healing magic. She merely nodded, obviously in great pain. “We should leave, more will come soon”, Shagrath muttered, letting forth a sharp whistle to summon his saber. Shagrath helped The Lady on his own saber and climbed up himself; she was in no condition to ride. Her saber would follow.
Shagrath
Shagrath

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shagrath Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:34 pm

In the cover of the night, the two managed to avoid awkward questions from the guards. They entered the Southshore tavern and Shagrath booked a room for the night, just one, for he knew he wouldn’t be able to sleep that night.

Noticing Shagrath to take a long look at her difficult climb up the stairs, the Lady forced a weak smile.
“It’s just a scratch, I’ll be fine…” she said and struggled forward, managing not to show any signs of injury, though gritting her teeth firmly together.

Shagrath followed up to her room, knowing her pride. She halted few steps from the window and stood steadily, staring into the darkness outside.

“You’re badly wounded”, Shagrath said, eyeing the patch of wet blood on the Lady’s back. “I need to tie that wound up”, he continued, walking up to the nearby cupboard. He drew a cloth of white linen from it. As Shagrath stepped closer and halted behind her, they both tensed up.

A moment’s silence followed.

“Take off your robe”, Shagrath mumbled, his chin lifting ever so slightly. She couldn’t suppress her shoulders from rising a little. Looking steadily out of the window, she slowly slid her white, blood stained, robes on the floor. Shagrath carefully stepped closer and grabbed a water pitcher from a table, and soaked some linen in it. He then cleaned the wound and bandaged the wound with seasoned expertise.

“Thank you”, she mumbled her eyes lowered. “I should…”

“…get some sleep”, Shagrath cut her off and turned around, making his way out of the room.
Shagrath
Shagrath

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shagrath Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:37 am

A lone figure stood at the end of Southshore docks gazing at the horizon in the dead of night.

The night was clear; the moon shed its gentle light over the tranquilly heaving sea and the stars twinkled together in harmony.

But inside the lonely silhouette, raged a storm.

"You should have heeded my warnings; I told you you were not strong enough, weakling! You’re well aware of the rules… I saved you from down there, have you already forgotten that?"

"You were down there… abandoned, forsaken… alone… you couldn’t last any longer… the pain; you never could take much of it… Without me… you would have given in, withered… rotten and died…"

"I was the one who came down there, just because you needed me… You allowed me to take over, to carry you through it all… we agreed we’d never let it happen again… we agreed on the rules how to avoid you from ever ending up like that again… the weakness that was in you, needed to be scoured…"

A short silence.

"And now, you’ve broken the rules… you’ve exposed yourself… you’ve given in for the greatest weakness of all… you’ve fallen in love…”

A sneer.

“Now, you will go up to her room…”

Clunk. Clunk. Clunk. The muffled sounds of mail boots echoed against the wooden stairs.

“She’s sound asleep… good… go near her bed… that’s it… take your knife from your boot… excellent…”

“Now… Kill her!”

“…no…”

“You’ve always been a reject… she’ll never accept you the way you are… she’s just waiting to get to safe distance from you to sell you to your foes for one meal… you can never trust her…”

“…she’s so beautiful…”

“Nothing beautiful will ever stay with you… you’re a no one… you’re nothing… a miserable weakling… if there isn’t man enough in you to thrust that knife into her, thrust it into yourself then you spineless, impotent little insect…”

“…she’s worth the risk… if she’d only love me too…”

“KILL HER!”

“NO!”

A clatter of a knife falling on the wooden floor. A thump of a night elf falling off his feet.

Another elf slightly shifting in her sleep.

A frustrated sigh heaved in a dark corner of a mind.

“Fine then, if this is the case, we need to agree on some new terms…”
Shagrath
Shagrath

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down