Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regarding the Chapter issue. Discussion and Suggestions.

+12
Nayan
Elízabéth Moren
Melnerag
Mandui
Sevelle
Jayse
Valdar/Melan
Cathee Norris
Shriyaro
Mordazan
Geldar
Shrogan
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Regarding the Chapter issue. Discussion and Suggestions. - Page 2 Empty Re: Regarding the Chapter issue. Discussion and Suggestions.

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:37 pm

Gorge&Clay wrote:
He takes all the shit being thrown at the event.

He does indeed, and I reckon its quite alot.

I reckon so too, I mean, He took you under his wings, and ye've got shit all up yer pockets!

jocolor
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Regarding the Chapter issue. Discussion and Suggestions. - Page 2 Empty Re: Regarding the Chapter issue. Discussion and Suggestions.

Post by Nayan Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:38 pm

Gorge&Clay wrote:
He takes all the shit being thrown at the event.

He does indeed, and I reckon its quite alot.

...so how about making his life a bit less stressful and not build on them by escalating and adding more? >_> (that was to all parties, btw, not to Gorge)
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:40 pm

JUST HAVE FUN!
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:47 pm

Removed unrelated posts. Keep it at topic please or create a "Randomness" thread of your own.

Next to make it turn away from topic will receive a warning and possible ban.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elízabéth Moren Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:07 pm

In my opinion, -my- opinion, the Chapter's only problem is the bickering that usually occours in /G, I see no problem elsewhere, all of the ''Ahhh your all abusing people in /w raawr raawr!'' Is just lies people come up with and are simply fueling the fire of arguement on these forums, the Chapter does not insult people or abuse them with /w unless it is perfectly called for and the Mandui case was simply an overreaction by lets face it, all of us in our own reasons.
Elízabéth Moren
Elízabéth Moren

Back to top Go down

Post by Arinith Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:27 pm

Alright. Let me add a little to this.

First off,I appreciate Shrogans effort to try and talk sensibly about this, but I seriously think the Mandui-Chapter thing should be removed as an example. It's still too fresh, people are still upset about it, it's going to cause flaming. And since this is not a flame-thread, but an honest attempt at a discussion, it works against you.

Next, I would like to say that in a perfect world, we'd all be able to keep IC and OOC separated beautifully. This, however, is not a perfect world. When something happens to your character, you are going to care, regardless. I'm not saying everyone constantly takes everything personal, but let's be truthfull here, when someone steps on your toes again and again (ICly) it still hurts, and it's only a matter of time before you're going to get a little irritated by that. In this case, I don't think it's wise to try and solve it ICly, but first to explain OOCly to that person why you feel uncomfortable about the situation. In friendly words. Then, you can move on to trying to solve the thing IC. I believe it is better to warn the other person first, because they often don't know they're pushing your buttons. Even if they're only pushing your character's buttons, sometimes it's worth the whisper.

Let me give a hypothetical example:
Say I have been hanging around the game a little, doing some healing, minding my own business. I just came out of a really bad PUG and decide to unwind a little by RPing. I'm sure everyone who heals, and most others, know the feeling. So I go to someplace I know there's going to be people, for example a pub somewhere. I enter, and lo and behold, Elizabeth is there. (Sorry there, it's just... you're known for the anti-draenei sentiment. Nothing personal.) She immediately gets on my case for being a squid and starts causing drama. In normal circumstances, I would go 'yay' and get into my holier-than-thou mode or something, but now I am already irked, and tired, and I really just want some friendly people to talk to. So... it can get out of hand, unless of course I whisper Elizabeth and go "I'm sorry, but I'm having a really bad day, how can I get your char to get off the back of mine?" and we would take it from there.
If I do not whisper her and behave all sulky, the other might not take the hint and continue, untill I go mental and walk away in a huff. That's bad karma, right there.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is this: keep in mind that there are people behind those characters, people who may have had a terrible day or who are just a little messed up at that time. It's true that they should not let it get to them, but we're all human right (or humanoid, anyway)? Just be nice.

PS: By the by, in my experience you are a very mature roleplayer, Elizabeth. I just used you as an example because you get on my character's skin the moment you set eyes on her. (I love~)

PPS: I think the entire Duskwood thing is an incredibly good idea. Congratulations Iman/Exaythe. It gets tense at times, but that's what a good RP does to you. It just shows people care~
Arinith
Arinith

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:28 pm

The Mandui-Chapter issue was taken care of privately. Move along, nothing here more to see.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:30 pm

With that said then, locking the topic. If anyone has a valid reason for it to be reopened, send me a private PM.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexius Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:51 am

Shrogan wrote:Indeed, but while it is their event, and they invite people to join them then... isn't it a bit like their duty to make the event work for everyone? I mean, if you invite someone to your house, you're not gonna have them sit in the Dog's sandbox while there's plenty of space and resources to put a couch in the room. It's a matter of courtesy at best, a matter of good event management at worse.

I like to add something to it.

Although what you say is true I believe this is only one side of the coin. The otherside is that as a guest you also have to behave nicely. For example when you are invited in someone's house you do not barge in their with dirt on your boots, push the host of the couch and put on the tv while you place your feet on his table.

Note that this is not aimed at you or anyone else personally, it's just in general. I just believe that this side of the coin should be mentioned as well.

ps. Ugh did not notice the topic was locked. *hides*

TOPIC LOCKED
Lexius
Lexius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2