Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worgen questions

+6
Shaelyssa
Jakins
Rmuffn
Jomir
Zhakiri
Jeanpierre
10 posters

Go down

Worgen questions Empty Worgen questions

Post by Jeanpierre Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:51 pm

Greetings all,

The Worgen are about! Whaa! Panic!

Where the storyline seems to hint at Worgen being jolly good puppies, I can imagine that having a rag tag bunch of flea bags around in our city does raise some questions. In my case, mostly medical questions.

1) The Worgen curse is spread through bites... However, it is unclear if this curse remains contageous after the Worgen regained control of themselves. It also doesn't note if the bite is contageous in Human form.

2) Some wiki pages refer to the Worgen saliva as poisonous. It is unclear if this is still valid now and if this also is effective in human form. Could an antidote be devised and are there any hints on what this would be?

3) The game enforces a shapeshift when the Worgen go into combat. Is it safe to assume this is purely game mechanics? Also, are there any magic/curses/influences that could force a shapeshift? I don't want to end up pulling a tooth and find myself facing fangs a few seconds later Wink

4) Would Worgen best be treated in their Human or Worgen form? Specifically with respect to surgery etc. I understand that Worgen have increased regeneration. Is this active in both shapes? Would it be best to keep it at 'sustaining' the Worgen and letting their regeneration handle the rest?

5) How do Worgen react to some medications? Would they resemble more human, or more Worgen. This doesn't necessarily needs a hard rule as answer but I'm interested in hearing some opinions on this matter.

6) How does shapeshifting affect medical treatments like bandages and stitches? Maybe our Elves can give an answer on this? Wink

7) Some Worgen Lore state that the curse also affects the Worgen's surroundings. Yet they are merrily accepted in the Elven lands and we all know how important the trees are to the Elves. Is it safe to assume this not effective? I assume it's impossible to roleplay anyhow.

Let your voices be heard.

Jean-Pierre
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Worgen questions Empty Re: Worgen questions

Post by Zhakiri Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:16 pm

1) The Worgen curse is spread through bites... However, it is unclear if this curse remains contageous after the Worgen regained control of themselves. It also doesn't note if the bite is contageous in Human form.

First and foremost, I would guess that in Human Form, no Worgen benefits apply, but during most situations you'd be forced into the Worgen form. For example, in extreme pain.

In regards to the curse spreading, well it's really down to the person. Do they OOCly want to be turned into a Worgen? Well then you have a way of doing so. In regards purely IC, well if you got bitten, you could get around it many ways.
I.e, by cleaning the wound instantly/magically, or simply it wasn't a deep enough bite, etc etc.

2) Some wiki pages refer to the Worgen saliva as poisonous. It is unclear if this is still valid now and if this also is effective in human form. Could an antidote be devised and are there any hints on what this would be?

It is unclear if this is still valid. If it even applies to the more inherited Worgen, or just the 'pure' ones that aren't half Human...But regardless, I won't be RPing my saliva as poisonous. If it was however, or anyone decided to RP theirs as poisonous. Yes, I'd imagine an antidote could be made from the poison like any snake poison.

3) The game enforces a shapeshift when the Worgen go into combat. Is it safe to assume this is purely game mechanics? Also, are there any magic/curses/influences that could force a shapeshift? I don't want to end up pulling a tooth and find myself facing fangs a few seconds later.

Yes, the game does enforce it. I don't think that it's purely game mechanics, I think it's purely logical. Shifting to and from the Worgen form requires conscious mental activity and I'd imagine things like adrenaline, pain, fear etc would mentally force you into your more feral form as a defensive mechanism. You should be facing fangs if you just pulled out a Gilnean Worgen's human tooth.

4) Would Worgen best be treated in their Human or Worgen form? Specifically with respect to surgery etc. I understand that Worgen have increased regeneration. Is this active in both shapes? Would it be best to keep it at 'sustaining' the Worgen and letting their regeneration handle the rest?

I'd imagine in any form of crippling pain which would require surgery, any Worgen would be forced to remain in their Worgen form. Again as a bodily defense mechanism, so the regeneration can take place and save them. Alas it's open to personal interpretation, some might say that in a weakened state a Worgen might resort to the Human form as they fall and die.
5) How do Worgen react to some medications? Would they resemble more human, or more Worgen. This doesn't necessarily needs a hard rule as answer but I'm interested in hearing some opinions on this matter.

Absolutely no idea...I'd imagine the same, if not similar to the Human.

6) How does shapeshifting affect medical treatments like bandages and stitches? Maybe our Elves can give an answer on this?

Logically, the shifting would stretch the stitches, break the bandages as the body changes drastically but I doubt anyone would RP this fact. Considering that we're all changing from Human to Worgen without damaging or mis-shaping our clothing anytime we shift.

7) Some Worgen Lore state that the curse also affects the Worgen's surroundings. Yet they are merrily accepted in the Elven lands and we all know how important the trees are to the Elves. Is it safe to assume this not effective? I assume it's impossible to roleplay anyhow.

Before this, I had never heard of the Worgen curse affecting the surroundings so I've no idea. Frankly, I'd ignore it...It's impossible to RP and slightly random...:s

-
Hope I helped...:/
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:28 pm

Yup, thanks for your input! Smile I agree with many of your points but I didn't expect you'd consider the Worgen form so paramount to the race. I was looking at it more like a druid controlling his/her shapes after the curse was controlled. Interesting view though.

Any other voices are kindly invited to have their say on the matter.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:41 pm

I'd imagine the Worgen curse is paramount to the race. It's nature, even as a Druidic form, with the Druids of the Scythe was addictive and cursed as they got enveloped by it, never leaving it, more like animals than anything.

The Pack Form, especially in this context, isn't learned or controlled like a typical Druidic form. Atleast not in my opinion. Thus can't really be treated like one medically.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jomir Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:17 am

Well we can now shift in and out of the form at will just as a druid does, so I personally do think it can be classed as that.
Jomir
Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:57 am

Jomir/Nastor/Gannas wrote:Well we can now shift in and out of the form at will just as a druid does, so I personally do think it can be classed as that.

It is still based alot on forced shifting aswell, as Nyg' said, pain, adrenalin etc forces the beast to come forth.
Since we are -not- druids, and we're not using a druid form. We've been cursed by ancient druids whom a long time ago lost control of their wolf forms and transformed into half wolf half man things, worgen. (I swear i read that in a quest or somesuch).

But yeah we can still control it any other time.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:40 pm

The Worgen form originates from the Druids of the Scythe, whom, using the Scythe of Elune aka Goldrinn's Fang, found and used the Pack Form. However. The Pack Form wasn't like other forms that a druid can use, it corrupted them. Forcing them into more bestial and feral lives. 'Alphas' and such, in society, nothing dignified or controlled.

A danger to life back in those days, these Druids were forced into a slumber into the Emerald Dream under Blackwald, which is in Gilneas.(Presumably before the Sundering), by other Druids. It's from there that these Worgen got summoned into the world via the Scythe, or pure magical means. If you look, all known Worgen sitings or such, were made near or next to a portal to the Emerald Dream.
Spoiler:

-
I may've rambled on, but my point is, this isn't a Druidic Form anymore...It's much, much, much more and worse than that. Tainted by the Emerald Dream, evolutional developments, Arugal etc.

We may be able to control it, to appear civil in the Council...But that doesn't mean we can go toe to toe with Deathwing and retain our weak human shells.

We -aren't- Druids.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakins Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:46 pm

Isn't there a quest in Silverpine where you have to flee from a fort where the residents have recently been turned into Worgen? You see them there talking with the Worgen who are trying to encourage them to drink their blood and become Worgen to never fall victim to the plague or Valkyr.

I'm not sure if the saliva thing counts, but with the Worgen having control and telling them this is the best way to stop the Forsaken from taking advantage of them.

Just if that's of any use.
Jakins
Jakins

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:04 pm

I think operating on a worgen while they're in human form would be easier. First of all, you wouldn't have to shave all the fur off! :p Secondly, who knows what sort of messed up, weird anatomy those wolf people have ... Worgen form in my opinion is a bit like the druid forms, except it is harder to control and is an innate part of the Gilneans (as in it is part of their "DNA", so to speak: they do not learn to shapeshift into that form).

About the spread of the curse and the salivia, I'm not too sure. Personally, I would prefer it if the curse was no longer spreadable (I think the ritual performed at Tal'doren actually contains the curse so that it cannot spread?) And about the salivia ... nice ... acidic spit would be cooler though Wink.

A danger to life back in those days, these Druids were forced into a slumber into the Emerald Dream under Blackwald, which is in Gilneas.(Presumably before the Sundering), by other Druids.

That quest that implies the quoted text made made no sense at all, if I may say so myself ... There were no druids before the Sundering and after the Sundering, there was no real number of night elves in the EKs.
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:35 pm

Well Shae, on your last point, you've got to remember that despite Druidism not reaching the attention of mainstream Kaldorei culture til post-sundering. Malfurion and co would've had some interest in young Kaldorei atleast. Then with the added influence of Goldrinn's Fang/Scythe of Elune, you've got a fast tracked, power hungry set of feral 'druid's'.

And no real number on EK, doesn't mean there wasn't enough to lock them away there...Gilneas is right on the western side of EK afterall.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:49 pm

Pre-Sundering the only known druid(s) was Malfurion. Blizzard has said that Cenarius didn't extend his teachings beyond Illidan and Malfurion (and they in turn did the same): Malfurion only began to spread druidism after the Sundering. Around Azshara's reign, barely anyone had any sort of affinity for nature. Cenarius was only a myth at that time too.

But this is Blizzard, and they contradict themselves a lot. :P
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:01 pm

But this is Blizzard, and they contradict themselves a lot. Razz

Let's leave it at that.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Meralynn / Ashla Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:39 pm

The Blazing Shields have discussed whether we should treat worgen as much stronger than ourselves. We have not yet decided but it leans to treating worgen (transformed) like we treat elves or dwarfs or similar species that are considered somewhat stronger than humans.
So please, no more "You can't arrest me, I'm worgen and there's only four of you!". Smile

Also:
Some Worgen Lore state that the curse also affects the Worgen's surroundings. Yet they are merrily accepted in the Elven lands and we all know how important the trees are to the Elves.

Unless the elves get annoyed when the worgen bury bones in the ground everywhere or mark their territory on every tree I believe it is rather safe. Smile

Meralynn / Ashla
Meralynn / Ashla

Character sheet
Name: Meralynn
Title: Sergeant, Blazing Shields

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:21 pm

Okay weird question that popped into my mind that has some relevance for one off my characters, Lets say a worgen druid in animal form bites you.
Would you be affected by the Worgen curse then?
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:25 pm

It's completely unreasonable to demand players to race change over something like that. Doesn't mean the bite shouldn't be treated as dangerous. That is a choice we do have.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:47 pm

Jeanpierre wrote:It's completely unreasonable to demand players to race change over something like that. Doesn't mean the bite shouldn't be treated as dangerous. That is a choice we do have.
Not saying a racechange is planned just trying to figure out if a bite should be treated in the same way if the creature is in lets say bearform Razz
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:00 pm

Ahh, a most interesting question indeed!
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:07 pm

Another interesting question popped up (and this might interest evil dudes).

Could a fang, that removed from the Worgen (by force I take) still be contageous and thus be used as a weapon? Razz

*grin*
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:34 pm

Jeanpierre wrote:Another interesting question popped up (and this might interest evil dudes).

Could a fang, that removed from the Worgen (by force I take) still be contageous and thus be used as a weapon? Razz

*grin*

I'm guessing it'd work like poisonous snakes and the like. I think that'd also be a no.

However, I think that saying it spreads through bites is not the right way of putting it: It spreads through a substance in the Worgen's saliva and blood (?). Most likely it's either a bacteria in the saliva or a virus, hell I think that in some strange way it could even be a enzyme. This though raises the question if said virus/bacteria needs to be injected into a person's bloodstream (through a bite) or could also be transmitted through the saliva on its own... Which offers so much opportunities for the evildoers out there.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:49 pm

Antistia wrote:

I'm guessing it'd work like poisonous snakes and the like. I think that'd also be a no.

However, I think that saying it spreads through bites is not the right way of putting it: It spreads through a substance in the Worgen's saliva and blood (?). Most likely it's either a bacteria in the saliva or a virus, hell I think that in some strange way it could even be a enzyme. This though raises the question if said virus/bacteria needs to be injected into a person's bloodstream (through a bite) or could also be transmitted through the saliva on its own... Which offers so much opportunities for the evildoers out there.

Worgen Kissing Squad? >.>

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:52 pm

Amaryl wrote:
Antistia wrote:

Those are your words, not mine. Razz
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:28 pm

Amaryl wrote:
Antistia wrote:

Watch out for the new STD in town, symptomes are getting extremely hairy and a enlargened interest in sticks.
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down