Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre-Expansion Events; Where is the line?

+10
Geldar
Chase - Esou
Magaskawee/Anaei
Jayse
Grufftoof
Drustai
Ralegh
Kristeas Sunbinder
Cathee Norris
Cyaska
14 posters

Go down

Pre-Expansion Events; Where is the line? Empty Pre-Expansion Events; Where is the line?

Post by Cyaska Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:48 pm

This has come up in conversation a great many times, mostly down to out of character ranting. The Cataclysm pre-events, and the Zombie Invasion (While I was not roleplaying at that time)...

Where is the line between in and out of character? An earthquake once or twice an hour, sure. The occasional elemental rift, perhaps, but...

Elementals -EVERYWHERE-, every FEW MINUTES (In some quest towns.), and every few hours in the two largest, most heavily defended cities of each faction.

Once, maybe.

Twice, sure.

But this often? Argh. There has to be a line between what can be considered understandable and in character and what is there purely for the sake of not having anyone miss out.

This will probably be considered a rant, but I would like some more opinions on this.
Cyaska
Cyaska

Character sheet
Name: Syenna Celeste (EVE)
Title: (NA NA NA NA NA!) Space Pirate!

Back to top Go down

Pre-Expansion Events; Where is the line? Empty Re: Pre-Expansion Events; Where is the line?

Post by Cathee Norris Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:52 pm

I try to see it IC as often as I can. Everything is a total mess and chaotic really, since Cataclysm really is on the way. I look at it as if the guards are trying to evacuate non stop, even when the actual attacks are not happening. But also, moving my character out of Stormwind kinda helps not having to think of it too much I suppose.

All in all, I think its up to each person really, how they want to react to it. The main thing that we all know, is that the world is being attacked.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Pre-Expansion Events; Where is the line? Empty Re: Pre-Expansion Events; Where is the line?

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:00 pm

Among things i'd swear the fires in orgrimmar become bigger and bigger, anyhow.
We are the blade between the anvil or orgrimmar (and thunderbluff >.>) and the hammer of the twilight cult, how long untill the blade breaks?
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:43 pm

So far ive had a lot off fun with the invasion, last time the attack started when i was rping we locked ourselves in a house and thought we were gonna die.
I can see how it would be annoying at some times but so far its been pretty great, we ended up having a debate about making a run for it and head to the refugee camp or keep hiding.
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:30 pm

Yes, every few hours. Earthquakes several times per hour. It's the end of the world as we know it. It's kind of, you know, SUPPOSED to be a big deal. RP revolving around that is FAR more interesting than the standard yapping that goes on. The RP between the attacks should revolve around bolstering the defenses, channeling out the water (in the case of Stormwind's flooding), and so on. It's supposed to be harrowing.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:37 pm

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:Among things i'd swear the fires in orgrimmar become bigger and bigger, anyhow.
We are the blade between the anvil or orgrimmar (and thunderbluff >.>) and the hammer of the twilight cult, how long untill the blade breaks?

This very much. It's a relentless attack. Elementals don't "think" they should stop. Don't think "Oh we tried this already". Sure the barricades and barriers go down. But we could just play that as if they're destroyed gone, washed away in the tide of more and more of these things. Everything is getting shitty. It's the end of the world as we know it. And there's no Michael Stipe in sight.

Thank the Titans.
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:39 pm

Jayse has been hitting each attack IC as long as i've been online. He's been fighting for 3 days almost straight with little rest. As of tonight. His body has finnally given up and he woke in the cath. Hypothermia and sheer physical exhaustion.

Take advantage of it all mate.
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyaska Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:26 pm

Drustai wrote:Yes, every few hours. Earthquakes several times per hour. It's the end of the world as we know it. It's kind of, you know, SUPPOSED to be a big deal. RP revolving around that is FAR more interesting than the standard yapping that goes on. The RP between the attacks should revolve around bolstering the defenses, channeling out the water (in the case of Stormwind's flooding), and so on. It's supposed to be harrowing.

The full blown shattering hasn't happened yet. The line between the elemental plane and the mortal world hasn't been massively damaged by a huge dragon, yet. From my perspective, there should be the occasional large attack when they all breach through. One or two per day. Not eight or more.
Cyaska
Cyaska

Character sheet
Name: Syenna Celeste (EVE)
Title: (NA NA NA NA NA!) Space Pirate!

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:54 pm

Blexie wrote:
Drustai wrote:Yes, every few hours. Earthquakes several times per hour. It's the end of the world as we know it. It's kind of, you know, SUPPOSED to be a big deal. RP revolving around that is FAR more interesting than the standard yapping that goes on. The RP between the attacks should revolve around bolstering the defenses, channeling out the water (in the case of Stormwind's flooding), and so on. It's supposed to be harrowing.

The full blown shattering hasn't happened yet. The line between the elemental plane and the mortal world hasn't been massively damaged by a huge dragon, yet. From my perspective, there should be the occasional large attack when they all breach through. One or two per day. Not eight or more.

It's very much happening. The shattering doesn't just happen. It's been happening a long while, we've seen symptoms and these are the bloody boils on the skin of Azeroth bubey! These attacks are meant to be frantic, many and harsh. Deathwing doesn't wanna come through when people can resist.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase - Esou Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:46 am

1. See it all IC.
2. Have your character's home attacked by elementals.
3. Have your character go out and adventure IC to 85 once Cata hits.
4. ?????

I think you know how the rest of that goes.
Chase - Esou
Chase - Esou

Character sheet
Name: herregud
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:33 am

"Citizen of Goldshire who are currently occupying the Cathedral Square District, I would like to inform you that you should evacuate the city and move to shelter as soon as possible, elemental rifts are starting to appear once again, but fear not. Once we are done fighting the elementals back into their rifts, you can safely return and do nothing once again!"

That is what I was yelling around the other night ICly to people who simply sat around and did nothing, much alike with 15 people blueshielding when one(1) Horde member is killing lowbies around them and they refuse to aknowledge the attacks ICly.

Personally, the elemental attacks would provide much more RP than any of those who sat around and did nothing, pretending those attacks do not happen and keep on playing their lycant/vampire/emo/bimbo-elf charecter would manage to pull off.

The world is ending, the earth is crumbling and the elementals are raging. Would your charecter really sit peacefully around the Cathedral square, or for that matter anywhere else and do.. nothing about it? Even more, have a nice chat about who had a better fuck the past night as two elves were talking about tonight.

Grab a sword and join the fight, you will not be dissapointed. Even if it happens so very often.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:56 am

My assumption has been that the elemental attacks going on in the current stage four are actually constant. The city is in chaos, citizens are being evacuated, the streets are unsafe for those not of a military or able-citizen- helping-the-military bent.

I don't think we can really do this too dramatically; the concern is the people who refuse to take into account that the city's in damn chaos. More insanity please, citizens! More fright and terror and apocalyptic concerns and exhaustion and building walls of sandbags and no flightmasters and worry about the end of the world!

(Naturally the above applies to Stormwind, but you get my general point.)
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:00 am

I see it as -now- is the chaos, before hell breaks lose.
So yeah, most of it is IC-possible.
Elementals trying to ravage the entire world, the world shaking.

And soon the maelstrom will be shitting dragons.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gallandria Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:51 am

Geldar wrote:

The world is ending, the earth is crumbling and the elementals are raging. Would your charecter really sit peacefully around the Cathedral square, or for that matter anywhere else and do.. nothing about it? Even more, have a nice chat about who had a better fuck the past night as two elves were talking about tonight.

Grab a sword and join the fight, you will not be dissapointed. Even if it happens so very often.

I saw some death knight doing that today..I face palmed.
Gallandria
Gallandria

Character sheet
Name: Gallandria Adair
Title: The Bloody Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:21 pm

Sorry but I love it, especially on my Orc, yelling out whether a district has been secured with rescued civilians:

Pre-Expansion Events; Where is the line? Wowscr42

Pre-Expansion Events; Where is the line? Wowscr43

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down