Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Shattering

+3
Raelan
Shaelyssa
Flo
7 posters

Go down

The Shattering Empty The Shattering

Post by Flo Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:46 pm

The latest novel, going in on some of the details of the changes in command we're going to see in Clysm. (Spoilers, obviously)

Overall review
Thrall
Garrosh and Cairne

Humans and Dwarves are yet to come.

Last edited by Sanaje on Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Flo
Flo

Character sheet
Name: Sanaje
Title:

Back to top Go down

The Shattering Empty Re: The Shattering

Post by Shaelyssa Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:04 pm

Thrall notes that Ashenvale has a surplus of resources and that it'd be wise to get back on the night elves' good side.

and the night elves have cut off trade with the Horde after the incident at the Wrathgate.

I am sorry but WTF?????????

>.> Oh my god ... No, I REFUSE to acknowledge that that garbage even exists
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:14 pm

I rather liked what I saw so far.

And its not in Cata.. it's mainly between Wotlk and Cata from what I understood... just like the Arthas Novel was preWotlk.

And you forgot this one
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallea/Trollmeat Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:58 pm

Not entirely sure why the night elves would be so furious about the wrathgate thing, I was under the impression that it was humans and dorfs who suffered on the alliance side there. I mean, I wouldn't expect something so drastic as an embargo from one of the races that suffered least. Maybe I'm wrong.

But NE trade with the horde's been in the lore for ages, it's always referenced. Like how Theramore trades with Orgrimmar and stuff.

Overall, nothing bad there in my eyes. Better than all that Medan shit.
Mallea/Trollmeat
Mallea/Trollmeat

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:25 am

Mallea/Trollmeat wrote:Not entirely sure why the night elves would be so furious about the wrathgate thing, I was under the impression that it was humans and dorfs who suffered on the alliance side there. I mean, I wouldn't expect something so drastic as an embargo from one of the races that suffered least. Maybe I'm wrong.

7th Legion has Sentinels and Priestesses (Kaldorei ones, rather) who were slaughtered there, you see the 'fleeing' ones during the phased scene. Anyway, I think the better question is why the bleedin' hell would they have trade links ANYWAY considering they've practically been at war since vanilla with them?

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:59 am

Chléirich/Gunnell/Graham wrote:
Mallea/Trollmeat wrote:Not entirely sure why the night elves would be so furious about the wrathgate thing, I was under the impression that it was humans and dorfs who suffered on the alliance side there. I mean, I wouldn't expect something so drastic as an embargo from one of the races that suffered least. Maybe I'm wrong.

7th Legion has Sentinels and Priestesses (Kaldorei ones, rather) who were slaughtered there, you see the 'fleeing' ones during the phased scene. Anyway, I think the better question is why the bleedin' hell would they have trade links ANYWAY considering they've practically been at war since vanilla with them?

They saved the world together.
Thrall's got a wormtongue.

When Thrall's gone, the memory of having saved the world will be gone, so will his diplomaty ;p
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:51 am

This reading was extremly interesting and I think We really really should do some events described in those texts before Cataclysm arrive.
It's really a gold mine and we can not let this unoticed, considering that we have a lot of interesting elements to create events perfectly fitting with the Lore.

We really should start all together to make a campain of events illustrating each important stage of the novel.

Well, maybe it's a bit late ? We still have one month to role play all of this...

Here, some ideas anyway. I start with early events which might be "too late". :

-1. [A] Defeat of the Lych King :

When word gets back to Orgrimmar of a night elf village in Ashenvale being brutally devastated (its inhabitants skinned alive and chopped to pieces), it's assumed that Garrosh was the one who ordered it. He denies it. Varian Wrynn catches wind of it thanks to some night elf sentinels crashing the memorial service for the over 50,000(!) Alliance members, mostly human, who died in the Northrend war.

A real celebration/memorial of the ending of War in Northrend in Stormwind.
I know that it's a bit late, but however if it has never been done yet, it would be a shame to not role play such an important event !
We make a proper ceremony, with the Council of Stormwind etc. Then come a group of sentinels to complain about the Ashenvale massacre.

- [A-H]We should stop World PVP (rp) to illustrate the truce

- 2. [A-H] The rescue :

the Horde ships make their way back to Orgrimmar but are beset by powerful, unnatural storms. Many of the boats are sunk, along with the soldiers and desperately needed supplies. Then, they spot an Alliance ship, nearly destroyed, drifting in Horde waters. Garrosh orders the ship destroyed, but Cairne immediately disagrees. It hasn't shown hostilities; it is clearly disabled. Garrosh instead orders the survivors brought to his ship. He destroys the Alliance ship, gives the survivors skiffs and tells them to remember that today, Garrosh Hellscream saved their lives, that he was their life and death.

Garrosh Hellscream boat rescue a boat of alliance soldiers. The event could happen arround Ratchet, on the "pirate" boat. The alliance guys have to make their way to Theramore after have been saved by the Horde.

-3. [A-H] The druid gathering :

When Hamuul reaches the designated meeting place in Ashenvale (Moonglade having been eschewed due to Remulos not wanting to get involved in mortal squabbles), both sides are attacked by a band of orcs and slaughtered. Hamuul is left for dead in a mass grave. We discover that the orcs who committed this crime and the one before it are Twilight cultists.

Unfortunately, Hamuul, who managed to survive the attack, doesn't get that memo. He sends word back to Cairne that everything's gone to hell. Cairne gets the news and heads to Orgrimmar, thinking that it was Garrosh that ordered the attacks

PVP events. 2 battle in Ashenvale. Horde druid VS Alliance Cultist and Alliance druid VS Horde cultist.

There is much more which could be done. But this is already 3 ideas which would nicely illustrate the whole story happening at the moment. I really do not think we could miss that !
What's your opinion ??

Elloa
Elloa

Character sheet
Name: Elloa
Title:

http://whitestar.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:27 am

Mallea/Trollmeat wrote:
But NE trade with the horde's been in the lore for ages, it's always referenced. Like how Theramore trades with Orgrimmar and stuff.

Theramore is not a night elf city. And when has NE trade with the horde ever been referenced? This is the first time ever I think ...
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:48 am

With little trade one could prevent an all out war seeing the Orc's supplies would get -too- strained otherwise.
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:57 am

Jaina meets with Thrall secretly to discuss the order. Thrall says that the only demands he'll meet are a reaffirmation of the treaty and a condemnation of the attacks. He won't send over the offenders, mainly because he has no idea who they are but also because he knows that Wrynn would never send over Alliance criminals to face Horde justice. And he won't apologize for the violence, because doing so would be downplaying how severely the night elves' cutting off trade has affected his people. Jaina is disappointed and leaves.

Well, that.. explains a fair bit, or at least gives a good indication as to why Theramore is on the war path. COMMON SENSE JAINA IS BACK! YAAAAY!

In Nagrand, Thrall meets up with a young female orc shaman named Aggra, an apprentice of Greatmother Geyah. He had hoped to study under Geyah, but the training Thrall needs requires travel, and she's an invalid. She appoints Aggra as Thrall's instructor. Neither of them are pleased about this. Aggra believes that Thrall's use of his slave name is demeaning to him and to every orc. Thrall can't stand Aggra's acerbic nature. But they both deal with the situation for the sake of saving Azeroth.

Oh no. I can see where this is going..

With a new mission -- heal the world at any cost -- Thrall heads back to Azeroth, with his new mate at his side.

Eh? Whut?

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:14 pm

Aggra. Or something. Actually seen her alot in Beta already on Lost Isles and with him @ Maelstrom. Never really payed attention to it though.
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down