Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Royal Ministry of the Arcane Arts and Welfare

+8
Elloa
Thorîn
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Drustai
Aleric
Ledgic
Cathee Norris
Magaskawee/Anaei
12 posters

Go down

The Royal Ministry of the Arcane Arts and Welfare Empty The Royal Ministry of the Arcane Arts and Welfare

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:50 pm

UPDATED VERSION OF THE GUILD - <Royal Arcane Ministry>

Guild List - Confirmed Members.

Through this guild I wish to incorporate a few main lacking areas including, The Magic Scene in Stormwind, The Justice of Magic Offenders, the running of the Libraries and the running of The Vault.

The Guild will be made up of many different classes, not just of mages as this limits mechanic wise, below are the proposed ranks and what each will do including the race/class requirements.

Minister of Magic

The Minister of Magic is the leader of the organization as Head of Magic in Stormwind, he or she upon ascension to the position is granted the authority over the guild and leads it with the help of her advisors. She or he makes sure that everything runs as it must.

Race/Class Requirements: N/A

The Lucid Circle

The Lucid Circle will be made up of three different people, one from each walk of the guild. These four will act as officers and advisors helping the Minister to run each section of the guild as well as guiding new members. The positions within the circle will be: Warden-Marshal, High Magistrate and the Grand Librarian.

The Wardens of the Vault

Led by the Warden-Marshal.

The Wardens will be the 'force' with which the Ministry will carry out it's more rough duties, their first loyalty will be to protecting the vault and keeping those within it under lock and key. They will be relied upon to protect the magi of the city whilst confronting those that would abuse the priviledge of magic. This section of the guild is specifically tied to those that enjoy the magical section of rp but find themselves without an actual mage!

Ranks: Spell-Breaker -> Warden

Races: Human, Dwarf, Draenei and Worgen.
Classes: Warrior and Paladin.

The Magisters of the Tower

Led by the High Magistrate

The Magisters of the Tower are the bulk of all the magic users that enter the guild and wish to persue using magic in combat or for furthering their use of it. They will be called upon to assist the Wardens and to protect the citizenship of the City. This section of the guild is specifically for characters who wish to continue their studies of magic, to chose a speciality and to master their magic. Should you join the magistrates you will chose your magical calling and master it.

Ranks: Magister -> Apprentice

Races: Human, Gnome, Draenei, Worgen, Dwarf and Night Elf.
Classes: Mage, Warlock (Non-Demonic) and Shadow Priest (Non-Consumed)

The Scholars of Stormwind

Led by the Grand Librarian

The Scholars of Stormwind dedicate their time and effort to preserving the knowledge and history of the Kingdom within the hallowed libraries, they do also however conduct their own research. From biological observations to an account of modern history, a Scholar has infinite possibilities with which to achieve their own goals. They will be the backbone of knowledge, they will debate, discuss, investigate and conduct expeditions. They will take a topic or subject and find out all they can adding to the prosperity of the Library.

Ranks: Librarian -> Book Keeper

Races/Classes: Non-Restricted

Each of these sections will have their own minor hierarchy, but throughout this I wish to see magical rp flourish in Stormwind and the surrounding areas. You will notice i've included Worgen and Night Elves, when Worgen join the Alliance they will naturally be welcome, however the Night Elves will be invited to join the Ministry shortly through an IC post. This ministry also will operate an Out of Guild system so that even those of magical rp whom are happily in guilds can take part. THis is an early project that I hope to kick off just as Cataclysm is about to begin, i'd actually like it to be up for the Doomsday event. I will take all criticism now and polish the flaws then I can go gold.

Thanks for reading!
UPDATED 7th of November:

The Guild is post-poned until 4.0.3 where I will openly campaign for all races.

Last edited by Anaei/Vezullia on Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:29 pm; edited 5 times in total
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

The Royal Ministry of the Arcane Arts and Welfare Empty Re: The Royal Ministry of the Arcane Arts and Welfare

Post by Cathee Norris Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:06 am

Sweet! Good luck, dear!
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

The Royal Ministry of the Arcane Arts and Welfare Empty Re: The Royal Ministry of the Arcane Arts and Welfare

Post by Ledgic Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:44 am

<Staff of Wrynn>

I'm amused by this, I feel about twelve for it, but I am.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleric Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:25 am

More magic offenders wanted.
Aleric
Aleric

Character sheet
Name: Sir Aleric Dylain
Title: Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:34 am

I'd be interested in getting involved possibly, though I'm already in a guild, so it'd have to just be out-of-guild involvement.

Smile
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:37 am

Sounds awesome!!!

-... But I don't got no mage
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorîn Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:44 am

Well, now I know what guild I will join if Archline dosnt make it! ^^

Thorîn

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:05 am

Ledgic/Omanos wrote:<Staff of Wrynn>

I'm amused by this, I feel about twelve for it, but I am.

Just like that, the name is being re-thought.. I knew someone would make the joke.. /grummble
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:55 am

This sound a very very promising guild indeed. This gnome roxxx !

But i'm a bit surprised...where are the healers ??
Elloa
Elloa

Character sheet
Name: Elloa
Title:

http://whitestar.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleric Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:16 am

This sounds like your standard guild write-up and hierarchy. Head honcho, officers and 3-4 different divisions.

After reading this, and having slept on it, it feels like the idea you have best defined at the moment is regarding the justice of magic offenders. The problem with this is that Stormwind lack magic offenders to any large extent.

To solve this, the ‘other side’ would have to be enticed to take a more active part in stirring up magical mischief. Another solution would be to go on a witch hunt, hunting down warlocks and other users of dark magic and torture them or whatnot until they confess their wicked ways.

If this can be solved, and they can be given actual work to do, I think the Wardens will offer new and interesting RP.

The Magisters of the Tower are a generic group and they don’t have a “thing” of their own. I think this group would have a much greater chance of attracting people if you could give it a specific task or a particular flavour. Or just scrap this generic group and make one dedicated to a specific task. So called generic mage RP like training, experiments etc. will occur, if there is interest for it, without the need for a group dedicated to it.

The Scholars of Stormwind. I would like to hear more what kind of RP these scholars would conduct. How do you plan on making it interesting? Expeditions? Debates and discussions?

The Shadows of the Vault. First of all, awesome name. Second, it’s a shame such an awesome name is used for what feels like another group of inquisitors/SI agents/interrogators. Between the Wardens and SI:7 I find them to be redundant. The Shadows’ job could be done by either or by both in a co-op effort. I would suggest scrapping this group completely because of that reason.

Finally, I hope you won’t mind if I add some observations and ideas of my own.

The Mage Quarter looks awesome and it is under-used. For anyone who doesn’t know what I am talking about, take a walk around in it. It’s beautiful, it has an isolated feel and almost like a small town of its own. There is plenty of space for roleplayers to gather. Unlike Cathedral Square, it isn’t one big space around the fountain. We have the Lamb, the small square in front of it, the Mage Tower itself, outside and inside the Blue Recluse, the greens surrounding the Tower and a lot of cramped, atmospheric alleyways. In essence, really look at your surroundings and let yourselves be inspired by it.

After the destruction of Dalaran, the Stormwind Academy of Arcane Arts and Sciences became the leading organisation regarding magic on Azeroth. With the return of Dalaran Stormwind is once more pushed down to second place. Being a Stormwind mage is not as prestigious as being an esteemed Kirin Tor. I have seen people RPing Kirin Tor mages and I’m sure interesting and atmospheric RP can be done with this friendly (and sometimes not so friendly) rivalry. Everyone loves elitistic jerks, right?

With the sometimes lack of lore in the Warcraft universe, roleplayers tend to extrapolate and fill in the blanks for the sake of their sanity. This leads to a lot of people having many different opinions on what magic is and how it works. This is not a bad thing. Use it. Make heated debates over it. Create factions within the magical community that adhere to different theories and of course they think anyone who don’t listen to their theories are inferior mages.

This is all I could think of for now. I will add if something else comes to mind.
Aleric
Aleric

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:44 pm

Due to Aislings rather amazing post i'll be fleshing this out and editing it a bit later! So stay tuned. As for the Kirin Tor, as they have declared themselves neutral the Stormwind Magi are actually the leading Alliance Magical Force. So second best in study but first in the alliance, so worry not!
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:02 pm

To solve this, the ‘other side’ would have to be enticed to take a more active part in stirring up magical mischief. Another solution would be to go on a witch hunt, hunting down warlocks and other users of dark magic and torture them or whatnot until they confess their wicked ways.

/shoo

Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:50 pm

UPDATED
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:30 pm

Actually, I might have Ben sign up for "Wardens of the vault"
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleric Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:23 am

Anaei... I love it. Much more streamlined than the first draft.

I specifically like how you kept the number of ranks for each section few.
Aleric
Aleric

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:36 pm

Thank you Aisling!

Right guys, the concept it there and so is the will! All I need is 8 more people interested and we'll be able to found the guild. If you wish to be a founding member please send me a small PM!
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:10 pm

Love the idea, sent you a pm
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:44 pm

Actually, you need 3 more people. Guild charters got changed.
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:01 pm

Raelan/Relithien wrote:Actually, you need 3 more people. Guild charters got changed.

Wait, do I need 8 or 13?
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:01 pm

I think you only need 4-5 peeps to start a guild now. Or atleast Axio claimed so
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:03 pm

It's true. YOu only need five people!

The Guild has been officially born!
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:52 am

congrats! Strudels for all!! \o/
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorîn Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:02 pm

So... The guild is now active and RPing? Because if it is I have a mage that would love to join. Very Happy

Thorîn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down