Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Lichbanes

+14
Gesh
Sharyssa/Adenah
Kil'drakor
Ephitos / Amarachus
Zinkle Figgins
Ralegh
Mistvale
Nayan
Antistia
(Goggy) - Exilius
Elízabéth Moren
Loot
Kozgugore Feraleye
Gunnell
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

[A] Lichbanes - Page 3 Empty Re: [A] Lichbanes

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:39 pm

Chléirich/Gunnell/Graham wrote:Raised by necromancy is not the same as ressurection in the traditional sense of game mechanics of being completely the same phyisically as before.

Yes i more than agree that being raised by necromantic skill's will make you much much different, BUT
who is to say that we are all evil emotionless "dark shadow evil cliche rper's" , Ephitos for example is a follower of the Light. And worship's the church. He reverted to his human self after living in SW and is quite the average human, except the fact he went through necromancy. But if going along your point then we could also say that DK's should NOT be in the alliance because it would defy lore. If we remained different, then we would not fit the definition of A) Human or B) Humane. That's just in my opinion though, i could be wrong ^^
Ephitos / Amarachus
Ephitos / Amarachus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistvale Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:07 pm

In my opinion, a Death Knight isn't marked to stay evil and dark.
Their origins might be dark, but as said earlier, everyone adepts to its environment, so do DK's. And I still don't see how every single one of the DK's are undeath.
Warcraft lore allows a lot when it comes to RP. They made a basic red line, with every lore character having their own story. So I don't see why we can't do the same.
If what you say, is total truth Graham, then I'd like to see where the official Blizzard lore, points that out. If their official lore doesn't says anything about it, then we can understand that even we "lesser beings" can be succumbed by the corruption and lose sanity, instead of needing to die first for that.

Untill then, you can't say that RPers who play their DK different then, in your eyes, they should. For there are no facts clear about it.
WoW-wiki for example, has unofficial lore as well. Made by theories of other players. Hence why I would like to see official lore, wich explains that to us, that all DK's are undead and still linked to the Lich King.
Mistvale
Mistvale

Character sheet
Name: Blood Veteran Sharkhan
Title: Veteran in Blood, practiser of the Unholy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:39 pm

It's all opinion, by the way the guild is made.. Uh.. Message Myself or Eldarith ingame for an interview , thank you Smile
Ephitos / Amarachus
Ephitos / Amarachus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistvale Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:25 pm

Oh? A new DK guild then?
Mistvale
Mistvale

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raviran / Reynar Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:08 pm

In my oppinion, DK's should be treated like trash, scum and abominations they are IC, and DK's should move in groups of other DK's. Just like white people treated black people back in the age of racism and the like.

I just hate to see OP dk's in cath square with some really shady gear and summon ghouls and stuff and talk / drink with living like it's no prob. If you're starting to RP a DK it mostly means you won't get much RP in SW, which is a good change. Anyhow this was a bit off topic but hey, i got it said.
Raviran / Reynar
Raviran / Reynar

Character sheet
Name: Ray Hutch
Title: Bandit, Drunk

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:12 pm

Raviran wrote: If you're starting to RP a DK it mostly means you won't get much RP in SW, which is a good change. Anyhow this was a bit off topic but hey, i got it said.

This is the most annoying thing I've encountered when RPing a Death Knight and it still does.

That's the issue. It's all well and good for self-rightious RP Nazis to scream and shout that you should go and roleplay in Northrend. But how many people have you actually seen RPing there? Personally, I wouldn't touch the Cathedral anyway however it just really irks me when people go on about not venturing into stormwind for RP - Where else are they going to go, bloody Silithus?

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Arathoran Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:38 pm

Go Ebon Hold and Rp up north with the Regiment! Razz
Arathoran
Arathoran

Character sheet
Name: Arathoran Dawnbringer
Title: Advisor to Eloresh Silversmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:27 pm

Aye.. <Brotherhood of the Hold>... Smile
Ephitos / Amarachus
Ephitos / Amarachus

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:39 pm

Don't believe in my honest opinion that the " clinically " dead arguement holds much say. I mean.. we have talking cows and insta-appearing horsies..
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:50 pm

Ephitos wrote:Aye.. <Brotherhood of the Hold>... Smile

For what it matters, The Ebon Hold approves because DK RP deserves to be kept alive.

-Kedran, executioner of The Ebon Hold and its GM in death Wink
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:55 pm

Thank you Antistia.. At least The Horde support's the "greater good"...
If The Ebon Hold is interested, i was thinking of a 5 a side council of Horde and Alliance DK's.. ?
Ephitos / Amarachus
Ephitos / Amarachus

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:57 pm

Ephitos wrote:Thank you Antistia.. At least The Horde support's the "greater good"...
If The Ebon Hold is interested, i was thinking of a 5 a side council of Horde and Alliance DK's.. ?

One would imagine The Ebon Hold is utterly broken off from the former neutrality. Given the cataclysm events in the plaguelands. I reckon it would be cooler to just have seperate councils for Horde and for Alliance DK's. But that's just me.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by teirzul Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:36 pm

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=14574759703&sid=1
all ready a head start alliance side.

As for rp in stormwind for dk's
is there it may not be as friendly as with other class's but... that i seem to get a more darker rp which i enjoy as well as a more diplomatic side as well.
There our plenty of places to find rp. just stormwind seems to hold a higher amount.
Plus why is this being discussed in an guild thread and not in it own
teirzul
teirzul

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:38 am

Ephitos wrote:Thank you Antistia.. At least The Horde support's the "greater good"...

The Ebon Hold, as a guild, is dead, Ephitos that's why I said I was its GM in death Razz Neskor used to lead it with me as his 2nd in command. And I can't really say for sure if Lukeian is right, these Death Knights have always been closer to their respective factions then others, I think we shouldn't look to players and 2 NPC's as the rule of lore but to a great amount of NPC's.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:36 pm

I was looking towards a more neutral look of the Death Knight faction... But oh well.... I guess people have worked as a team to murder Death knight RP...

Ephitos / Amarachus
Ephitos / Amarachus

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:52 pm

Ephitos wrote:I was looking towards a more neutral look of the Death Knight faction... But oh well.... I guess people have worked as a team to murder Death knight RP...

People are taking Koltira and Thassarian as a generalization of the entire Ebon Blade faction, it's an easy generalization and maybe it is correct, though 2 NPCs supporting their faction of origin is by no means proof of the Ebon Blade as a whole stepping out of their neutrality.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistvale Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:34 pm

Leaina wrote:Plus why is this being discussed in an guild thread and not in it own

/agree

Never intended such a discussion to destroy this guild recruitment topic.
As said earlier, I simply were looking for a DK guild. Perhaps moderators or admins can take the discussion posts to another topic, where people can continue to discuss this.
Mistvale
Mistvale

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:49 pm

Sharkhan wrote:
Leaina wrote:Plus why is this being discussed in an guild thread and not in it own

/agree

Never intended such a discussion to destroy this guild recruitment topic.
As said earlier, I simply were looking for a DK guild. Perhaps moderators or admins can take the discussion posts to another topic, where people can continue to discuss this.

There is no guild recruitment. Lichbanes is dead and deep inside it's grave. Im not talking about DK rp to better my own guild or get more power. I want to do good for the server and for people like myself who really enjoy RPing as a Death knight. This is a universal topic that needs to be answered sooner or later...
Ephitos / Amarachus
Ephitos / Amarachus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum