Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Lichbanes

+14
Gesh
Sharyssa/Adenah
Kil'drakor
Ephitos / Amarachus
Zinkle Figgins
Ralegh
Mistvale
Nayan
Antistia
(Goggy) - Exilius
Elízabéth Moren
Loot
Kozgugore Feraleye
Gunnell
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[A] Lichbanes - Page 2 Empty Re: [A] Lichbanes

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:47 pm

Ever since ebon hold died on horde there has never been an attempt to get a new one up there, simply because the lack of dk's around tbh

And rp'ing a dk is not always fun, it ends up being the same all over and over again as you get insulted for corpse. There is little to no room to just go out in the open and rp because there is always someone who will target you for being scum. They are basicly just not accepted in general
I think the horde has a tad more acceptence to them but still.
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet
Name: Skytalon/Duskeye
Title: Archer/Pyromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:51 pm

Najwah/Zuyala/Michèlle wrote:
And rp'ing a dk is not always fun, it ends up being the same all over and over again as you get insulted for corpse. There is little to no room to just go out in the open and rp because there is always someone who will target you for being scum. They are basicly just not accepted in general

"GO CRAWL IN A HOLE!"
"GO DIE AGAIN!"
"YOU'RE SCOURGE!"
"GO AWAY CORPSE"
"GO BACK TO NORTHREND!"

Repeat this for every RP conversation, and you have Death Knight RP. I think that most people take their OOC dislike of the class IC alot more. Compare the amount of DK-hate in comparison to Warlocks (The ones who were responsible for the scourge in the first place technically) who I've seen, even the proclaimed "Best" roleplayers skipping around & holding hands. Paladin married to a Warlock who rides around openly on a demonic steed before turning around and insulting Death Knights? Err, yeah. Sure.

This is ironic considering the number of self-proclaimed Northrend veterans. Look at the 'Squad S' quests in Borean Taundra. Those soldiers who have worked under Thassarian talk about how they initally hated the Alliance Death Knights but after serving with them respected and considered them comrades. This isn't to say everybody will turn around and raise statues of them at the cathedral, but some variation towards Death Knights than the standard "ROAR I HAET DKS OOC AND IC U IZ SCUDGRE" is just annoying.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:02 pm

The main issue is that were still all in WOTLK mode, were gonna hate Death Knight's until that changes Razz
And indeed, people have gotten use to warlocks far to easily.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:06 pm

Lukeian/Natelda wrote:The main issue is that were still all in WOTLK mode, were gonna hate Death Knight's until that changes Razz
And indeed, people have gotten use to warlocks far to easily.

Death Knights will always be hated IC due to OOC influences. Most people you speak till will hold a OOC grudge against the class for whatever reason, such as them being overpowered and played at launch, the legions of shite RPers and those who roll them to skip 58 levels and "IMA PALY NOT A DK". They translate this into their roleplay, giving them the chance to openly mock & insult Death Knights without issue.

Warlocks never had this problem. If anything, Death Knights would be more accepted than known Warlocks - Third Generation DKs didn't choose to become what they did andWarlocks also didn't lead the charge on Icecrown Citadel.

Death Knights would never be properly accepted into normal society of course, but have been given permission to openly wander in Alliance territories (Bar the Kaldorei). This is in contrast to Warlocks who would likely be lynched by a mob whilst Guards turn a blind eye. If a Warlock started firing up a shadowbolt in the middle of the street all guards would start stabby stabby.

Death Knights were proclaimed allies and a part of the Alliance by their leaders (In Cataclysm, Thassarian is even given command over the forces in Lordaeron)
Warlocks were not.

But alas, Burt the Malicus sat outside of the cathedral on his Felsteed & Felguard next to him is greeted and engages in casual conversation with LORD SMITHSON THE MIGTY OF LORDAERON, whilst everybody turns around to spit on the Death Knight who walks past in his hood and cloak.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Arathoran Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:38 pm

Gunnell what so ever your doing nowadays, I want you in the Regiment, that's for sure! and hopefully some of the Marines from Theramore would be nice as well. ;D
Arathoran
Arathoran

Character sheet
Name: Arathoran Dawnbringer
Title: Advisor to Eloresh Silversmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistvale Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:44 pm

You know...Graham does has a point...

And if it's always like: "go away scum" and "get ur rotten arse back to Northrend", then that says something about how the other players RP with DK's...
Any class can be made awesome for RP, any race. All it takes is just an open mind and original concepts of said race or class.
Besides, the paladins are always the same RP as well, so is warrior. Always a light obsessed man/woman as a paladin, or a bloodthirsty slayer with some emotions left for relationships as a warrior.

It saddens me that people are easily judged, particulairly about DK's.
And I'd love to help people to see that DK's can be RPed out in a very interesting way.
I mean seriously, all DK's are only accepted if they aren't RPing evil butchers, while warlocks tend to do even worse...That is something most of you fellow RPers should get over...If done well, even DK's might be great RP legends...

Right that was my part to something I never intended to create, since I had the idea that RPers on this server were very mature RPers. I hope that future stuff prove me right still. All I wanted was to join a DK guild and develop my DK into something awesome, with as little OPness as possible, IC...
Mistvale
Mistvale

Character sheet
Name: Blood Veteran Sharkhan
Title: Veteran in Blood, practiser of the Unholy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:55 pm

Arathoran wrote:Gunnell what so ever your doing nowadays, I want you in the Regiment

No Death Knights? No dice.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Arathoran Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:11 pm

It has been discussed weather we should recruit them or not. But if you brought a lesser band of Death Knights with you to our proud Flagship and told about how you once served Lordaeron and bla bla bla wish to serve again, bla bla bla *makes Aragorn Scene* ''You have my sword''. We couldn't say no to that. ;D
Arathoran
Arathoran

Character sheet
Name: Arathoran Dawnbringer
Title: Advisor to Eloresh Silversmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:31 pm

Sharkhan wrote: with as little OPness as possible, IC...
Thank you for that. The other day i ended up in a fight with a dk that used his anti-magic zone as a inside this area i am GOD! spell...... i felt much hate.
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:01 pm

Graham is joining DoL, end of story.

Ain't that right ol' chap? Very Happy

PS: What was the name of that dk that used to hang around the cathedral?
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:52 pm

I dont RP a demigod of any sort.. I was simply proving my point about how some idiot's have there flag rsp with stuff like "incredible strenght and incredible intelligence" , that truely defeats the purpose of the flag rsp. And having so many people be "super strong and super intelligent" really was not to my liking.. Umm.. <Order of Acherus>, died because i left. I'l be honest about that.. Wait so Equium was never an officer in Lichbanes?..
Ephitos / Amarachus
Ephitos / Amarachus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:58 pm

And Graham, we did a few BG's together, i know this is off topic, but those were some bad ass BG's Very Happy!
Ephitos / Amarachus
Ephitos / Amarachus

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:31 pm

Bennedict wrote:

Eowale innit?

Then he got into a relationship, shagged her and.. ugh, got her pregnant.
This was after all my lectures on necrophillia and reproductive organs.. when you're dead. After that I gave up my hopes for decent Death Knight RPers.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistvale Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:10 pm

Well as a DK you don't have to be a corpse...
Corruption could make a DK without them needing to die. Arthas is our clear example in that /shrug.
Else, it would be quite nonsence to have Draenei DK's available at all no?
However to be able to make kids, is still quite a curious thing when it comes to DK's yes. Just the sexual part before the pregnancy is pretty much explainable if you think it through.
Mistvale
Mistvale

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:35 pm

Sharkhan wrote:Well as a DK you don't have to be a corpse...
Corruption could make a DK without them needing to die. Arthas is our clear example in that /shrug.

Playable Death Knights are Third Generation who were specifically killed. Those who were corrupted by the Lich King would have simply have fled with Bloodbane.

Not really. The Argent Dawn would have certainly fit in well with the Draenei ideology.

Just the sexual part before the pregnancy is pretty much explainable if you think it through.

Death Knights are dead.
Blood does not flow.
They cannot become aroused.

Positive emotions such as mercy, love and so forth would have also been removed (Thassarian does not count) whilst those useful such as anger amplified. The Death Knights have what is essentially a constant boiling rage within them in order to prepare and serve them better during combat, thus the attitude problem.

Death Knights would have no urge (nor ability) to engage in intercourse. At. All.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:40 pm

Chléirich/Gunnell/Graham wrote:
Bennedict wrote:

Eowale innit?

This was after all my lectures on necrophillia and reproductive organs.. when you're dead. After that I gave up my hopes for decent Death Knight RPers.

Wasn't it something with "D"? a female nelf dk Razz
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:37 am

Bennedict wrote:

Darladow.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:20 am

Bennedict wrote:
Bennedict wrote:

Eowale innit?

T_T goddammit
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:39 pm

Sharkhan wrote:Well as a DK you don't have to be a corpse...

Playable Death Knights are Third Generation who were specifically killed. Those who were corrupted by the Lich King would have simply have fled with Bloodbane.

Not really. The Argent Dawn would have certainly fit in well with the Draenei ideology.

Just the sexual part before the pregnancy is pretty much explainable if you think it through.

Death Knights are dead.
Blood does not flow.
They cannot become aroused.

Positive emotions such as mercy, love and so forth would have also been removed (Thassarian does not count) whilst those useful such as anger amplified. The Death Knights have what is essentially a constant boiling rage within them in order to prepare and serve them better during combat, thus the attitude problem.

Death Knights would have no urge (nor ability) to engage in intercourse. At. All.

Since when does not blood flow, they are not dead. They are resurrected, and technically if the Lich King fell, and if it was ONLY the Lich King's magic sustaining them would we not all have died? I disagree when you say they are dead. They are as alive as anybody else.
Ephitos / Amarachus
Ephitos / Amarachus

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:30 pm

Ephitos wrote:
I disagree when you say they are dead. They are as alive as anybody else.

[A] Lichbanes - Page 2 Implied-facepalm

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:38 pm

Ephitos wrote:

Since when does not blood flow, they are not dead. They are resurrected, and technically if the Lich King fell, and if it was ONLY the Lich King's magic sustaining them would we not all have died? I disagree when you say they are dead. They are as alive as anybody else.

They are raised corpses, self-sustained just like abominations, ghouls, skeletons, Forsaken, anything that is/was a part of the scourge and thus why they still remain with Bolvar sat on the throne.

Resurrection is when the person is simply brought back to life (And frankly, find me a lore example of a mortal been resurrected?)
Death Knights are reanimated corpses with powerful necromatic magics used, thus their mental capacity in comparison to other undead.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:15 pm

Define clinically dead.
Ephitos / Amarachus
Ephitos / Amarachus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistvale Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:19 pm

In the lore there are a lot of ressurected mortals.
The orc warlocks, under Gul'dan, for example, who were killed and ressurected as Death Knights. Syndragosa who has been ressurected. And many others.
But corruption also kills a person from the inside, Kel'Thusad for example and the rest of his men. They were all became emotionless without having to die for it...So I say that it's definately possible that certain Death Knights could have had the same process.
The Death Knights lost the Lich King's grip on them, so even if he died then they could still continue to live, even if there was no Lich King at all. Otherwise the Death Knights could still be controlled by the Lich King, wich isn't the case.

And besides...in due time, corrupted beings could have their feelings returned, simply by spending a very long time amongst those with emotions and those who care for the person in question. As proven in the lore.
Thrall and the rest of the orcs of the horde for example. They were unlinked with Mannoroth and been amongst the humans in camps long enough to become slowly their natural self again, thanks to Thrall's awakening call in the end.
Mistvale
Mistvale

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:25 pm

A) Graham:
Yes "Brough back to LIFE"

B) Sharkhan:
You backed my point up.
Ephitos / Amarachus
Ephitos / Amarachus

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:36 pm

Raised by necromancy is not the same as ressurection in the traditional sense of game mechanics of being completely the same phyically as before.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum