Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changes in Cata, and the run-up (includes spoilers)

+6
Geldar
Melnerag
Jayse
Kristeas Sunbinder
Shaelyssa
Antistia
10 posters

Go down

Changes in Cata, and the run-up (includes spoilers) Empty Changes in Cata, and the run-up (includes spoilers)

Post by Antistia Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:18 am

Alright, now I'm not going to talk about changes to the landscape here (maybe indirectly) but changes to society and its implications on RP, as the Forsaken are the faction I'm most familiar with I'll use them as an example and pose a few questions related to the Forsaken and these changes in general, so expect spoilers past this point.

Now, with that out the way, let me say this isn't so much about the changes themselves as it is about the run-up to the changes and figuring out what we as a community think of RPing in the light of these changes.

As we all know by now, major changes are coming in the Cataclysm, the land is ripped apart, societies change (some more than others), villages change, etc. The question is then, how are we to RP about with this change coming and should the precursors influence our RP? Should we know a few things about the upcoming expansion even before Blizzard implements the changes themselves, or the run-up to these changes? What if there is no run-up to these permanent changes, how are we to RP about that?

The Forsaken are one such society which sees quite a few changes, the Forsaken unleash their warmachine upon Lordaeron, fortify their borders, redesign their villages, up their rhetoric, etc.

A few examples: Brill and Tarren Mill get new architecture, the Bulwark is fortified, the Forsaken bring their warmachine to bear on resistance in Silverpine and in Hillsbrad and invade other territories, and well, I guess they'd up their rhetoric too.

Now I've already posed the question but let me take out specific examples to illustrate the point with the help of the Forsaken (and well, maybe others).

Can we know of the build-up of the Forsaken warmachine in Lordaeron either as Alliance/Horde as a whole or could only the Forsaken know?
Can we know of Sylvanas' intentions to take all Lordaeron either as Alliance/Horde as a whole or could only the Forsaken know? (as in, is it plausible a propaganda effort is being made)
Can we collect resources to redesign our villages? Such as gathering wood for the new buildings in Brill or for the Bulwark?
Can we talk about the construction of the bridge at Lakeshire finally showing some damn progress?

Now, to me, these questions have no clear answers, the phased ones, of course, we can only know through questing, but what about Brill being redesigned? I don't see Blizz organizing some quests to provide materials for that redesign at this point in time and am fully expecting to see it changed from day 1 to day 2.
The military build up would be noticed too, maybe Blizz will make it but it's illogical to have the Forsaken burst out of complete and utter nothingness and taking huge parts of Lordaeron, taking huge parts of Gilneas before being fought back and to a stalemate somewhere in Gilneas itself.

Many of these questions can't be applied for each and every faction, mind you but take them into consideration for your own faction if you want to, let's have a nice discussion about this as I feel it should be discussed.

And if we can know these things, should we really know these things?

Last edited by Antistia on Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Changes in Cata, and the run-up (includes spoilers) Empty Re: Changes in Cata, and the run-up (includes spoilers)

Post by Shaelyssa Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:50 pm

Here is the coherent reply you wanted :p...

Or soon anyways Wink
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Changes in Cata, and the run-up (includes spoilers) Empty Re: Changes in Cata, and the run-up (includes spoilers)

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:10 pm

Can we collect resources to redesign our villages? Such as gathering wood for the new buildings in Brill or for the Bulwark?
Can we talk about the construction of the bridge at Lakeshire finally showing some damn progress?

I would go for it, those training dummies at the belf starting place aren't going to build themselves either.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:15 pm

At the end of the day, if there is opportunity for Rp then take it. A little bit of logisitcs and helping the rebuild process is nothing but a good thing. And a welcome difference to the mainstay RP. Smile
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:24 pm

So...Jayse....since walls in CC and SI;7 are gone, they must've been removed or destroyed. We should stage out own mini-cataclysm there....*takes out Infernal Stone and grins*
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:41 pm

Were making room for the country club. You perhaps missed the memo about cohiba's and vodka martini's?

Regardless, the old portcullis simply isn't wide enough to fit the Ashen Martin outside, so naturally something has to be done!
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:48 pm

Jayse wrote:Were making room for the country club. You perhaps missed the memo about cohiba's and vodka martini's?

Regardless, the old portcullis simply isn't wide enough to fit the ASTON MartinFord Mustang outside, so naturally something has to be done!

Fix`d
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:49 pm

Geldar wrote:
Jayse wrote:Were making room for the country club. You perhaps missed the memo about cohiba's and vodka martini's?

Regardless, the old portcullis simply isn't wide enough to fit the ASTON MartinFordragon Mustang outside, so naturally something has to be done!

Fix`d

FIXED AGAIN!
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:56 pm

Could you please place a spoiler notice in the thread title. I can imagine not everybody wants to know stuff mentioned in this thread.

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:00 pm

Gnash wrote:Could you please place a spoiler notice in the thread title. I can imagine not everybody wants to know stuff mentioned in this thread.

Said there were spoilers past the first paragraph but added the spoiler anyway.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:12 pm

Gnash wrote:Could you please place a spoiler notice in the thread title. I can imagine not everybody wants to know stuff mentioned in this thread.

Why on earth would someone who doesn't want spoilers enter a thread called 'Changes in Cata'? xD

Also, a very lovely idea Anti, I think Stormwind will definately consider the rebuilding and doing up of our city once we get the fire damage rumour cleared or not.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:22 pm

From what I know the stormwind things will come in the pree cataclysm events. As it has been said/rumored that there be smaller events with changes over a month or a bit more pree release.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Saevir Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:37 pm

Marogg/Helanie wrote:From what I know the stormwind things will come in the pree cataclysm events. As it has been said/rumored that there be smaller events with changes over a month or a bit more pree release.

Blizzard has stated that the transition into cataclysm will come in two patches:

4.0.1 - Contains all the new game engine upgrades, game mechanics, class abilities, talents, etc. World/quests remain -unchanged-
4.0.3 - Pre-Cataclysm event. This patch changes the quests and world itself to the state it is in at the start of Cataclysm.
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:29 pm

Alright, so what about a military build-up, working under the assumption that Blizz isn't going to make troops preparing for war in the run-up (though on one hand I kinda expect them to do that either way.

Do you think it would be plausible to say that we're already seeing this build-up?

"I heard troops in Theramore are mobilizing, do you think it's true?"

It would add a nice little atmosphere to it all, but I'm wondering if we could really do it, I've always thought that we shouldn't mention things happening in expansions but changes are coming on such a massive scale that I'm doubting whether it's logical to NOT speak of them.

Also, if we think it can be done and actually do it, we should take care not to talk about illogical things (Like a build-up from one faction while that faction actually did a frantic, last minute, counterattack to the invasion)

+ Cold war talk before the cold war really going hot, anyone?
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Saevir Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:44 pm

Antistia wrote:Alright, so what about a military build-up, working under the assumption that Blizz isn't going to make troops preparing for war in the run-up (though on one hand I kinda expect them to do that either way.

Do you think it would be plausible to say that we're already seeing this build-up?

"I heard troops in Theramore are mobilizing, do you think it's true?"

It would add a nice little atmosphere to it all, but I'm wondering if we could really do it, I've always thought that we shouldn't mention things happening in expansions but changes are coming on such a massive scale that I'm doubting whether it's logical to NOT speak of them.

Also, if we think it can be done and actually do it, we should take care not to talk about illogical things (Like a build-up from one faction while that faction actually did a frantic, last minute, counterattack to the invasion)

+ Cold war talk before the cold war really going hot, anyone?

This just fine in my opinion. I've done something similar with Saevir where I've tried to get people involved in helping him collect relics and such, in anticipation of the blood elves leading the Archeology efforts of the Horde with the new Reliquary faction.
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:23 pm

The elves should RP their losing and struggle and desperation! Currently they are all like.. "Ashenvale is ourz and we work hard to defend it!" but in reality Ashenvale is being thorougly owned and butchered by orcs! Them elves being beaten!

In my opinion!

Also, the council could be doing some cool short talks etc. etc. organize some things for all the construction work currently going on in Stormwind. (Alot of buildings etc. change.)

And what about the Blade staff getting in poop and shit or whatnot and losing their bar?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down