Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Riddle Hunt (proding for interest)

+4
Grufftoof
Neyvin/Noxie
Jayse
Mandui
8 posters

Go down

[A] Riddle Hunt (proding for interest) Empty [A] Riddle Hunt (proding for interest)

Post by Mandui Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:41 pm

This is an idea for an event I had for over six months now but somehow never managed to find the time to actually make it go live. Seeing how I'll be a lot less swarmed with IC duties for the weeks to come, and how I could also implement this ICly for my character, I was considering finishing up writing the riddles and finally making the event. It's a fairly simple concept based on solving riddles, acquiring the desired item and returning it to the organizer of the event.

Riddles

Every riddle consists of 3 parts, each part describing:

1) the location of where the item is to be found
2) the NPC mob that drops said item and finally
3) the item itself.

Their difficulty is moderate, considering that I wrote them myself and it’s rather hard to hide a location, a mob and an item’s name in a mini poem which also makes sense and rhymes.

The items

The items to be acquired will all be located in Eastern Kingdoms and will require no addons to be collected. They will be simple, grey/white quality items with a relative high drop rate. The only one item not located in Eastern Kingdoms will be the final, Master Riddle item, whose difficulty will be slightly higher but still reachable.

The event
I was thinking about creating 9 riddles and expanding the event over 3 days, releasing 3 riddles a day. There will be a time limit within which the contestants will be allowed to return with the items. I believe 3 hours is more than enough time to do so, since they will have every mean available to travel by, be it portals, hearthstones, flight masters, pretty much everything. The weight is put more on solving the riddles fast rather than traveling fast.

Also, considering this time limit, people would be free to form groups/teams with each other and venture to different directions after solving the riddles, in order to be faster with returning the 3 items of each day. That of course points out the obvious: three people will need less time to get 3 items than a single person would, but the final points will have to be given to all of the team members. It’s up to every contestant to decide whether they desire to form groups or not, nothing is mandatory. Depending on which person/group returns first each time, points will be given out for each riddle. If it is the member of a group returning first, the points will be distributed to each of the group’s members.

Points and final prize

The points for solving each riddle and returning with the desired item will be distributed as follows:

a) 100 points for returning within 30 minutes
b) 50 points for returning within an hour
c) 20 points for returning within 2 hours
d) 10 points for returning within 3 hours

In order to avoid a tie of the points given at the end, the Master Riddle will have to be solved by each person individually. This will also be the riddle which will determine the winner, giving 100 points to the one solving it the fastest.

The prize expecting the winner will be no less than 5.000 gold (your chance to get that epic flyer right there Razz)

Dates and participation

So far, the best dates for me would be the weekend of the 24th, 25th and 26th of September. People who would like to participate would have to state their wish to do so in the thread that would be created in the Events section of this forum, naming the character they wish to take part with and their teammates’ character names, as well as the team/group name they would like to have, if any. That thread will also be the place where the riddles will become public each day on a set time. This event will only be available for the alliance for obvious reasons.

Well, this is the idea. I’d appreciate any feedback on it. Thanks for reading Very Happy

Last edited by Mandui on Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:53 pm; edited 4 times in total
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

[A] Riddle Hunt (proding for interest) Empty Re: [A] Riddle Hunt (proding for interest)

Post by Jayse Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:48 pm

The game is afoot!

Can't wait and consider me signed up!
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

[A] Riddle Hunt (proding for interest) Empty Re: [A] Riddle Hunt (proding for interest)

Post by Mandui Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:02 pm

Hmmm...I just detected a flaw in the system. The Master Riddle might have to be done entirely separately in order to avoid confusion during the last day. Perhaps the time limit of the final day would be 2 hours to solve the 2 last normal riddles and after that is done with, people will be given the Master Riddle and one final hour on the clock to solve it and return.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Neyvin/Noxie Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:11 pm

I like this idea. I'll be wanting to participate Very Happy
Neyvin/Noxie
Neyvin/Noxie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:19 pm

Wtb more responses. Not many interested in 5k gold for solving riddles or are you lots being lazy bums?
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:42 pm

Great idea Mand. Every Hobbit loves a good riddle.

Wait, wrong game. Damn.

This is open to Trolls, right?!
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:28 pm

:<
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:29 pm

I'll help or participate depending on what you need/want ^^ Looking forward to a nice event!
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:50 pm

grufftoof wrote:This is open to Trolls, right?!

u best be trollin'

YYEEAAAHHHH!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:42 pm

5k gold, I'm in

Back to top Go down

Post by Quin Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:03 am

I'd fucking love to finally solve a riddle
Quin
Quin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shandrea/Nar'Gaya Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:36 am

But... but... I have no high level Alliance characters!! D:

A great idea for an event though! It sounds like great fun! Reminds me of when I was little and my mum would hide my easter egg, and I'd have to solve riddles to find it <3
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya

Character sheet
Name: Shandrea
Title: Vixen

https://www.facebook.com/#!/silje.s.eide

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:59 am

Bumping this again to prod for interest. I might be having time soon to make it happen.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:05 pm

I'm sad I didn't see this before. Hell yeah, I'd try to be there. 5K gold.. The orphans would be so happy!! (with my new mount)
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down