Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[H] The Great Kalimdor Race (September 19th)

+9
Jomir
Lavian
Sinnadrin
Saevir
Sanara
Muzjhath
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kil'drakor
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[H] The Great Kalimdor Race (September 19th) Empty [H] The Great Kalimdor Race (September 19th)

Post by Kil'drakor Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:24 pm

The Great Kalimdor Race

[H] The Great Kalimdor Race (September 19th) Kalimd10

---General Information---

Date: September 19th
Time: 20:00

This event is essentially free for everybody to join in. All participants must pay a fifty gold fee to enter this race, however. But rest assured, this gold will all end up in the prize pot (which you will win, of course)! The prize money will be distributed amongst the racers that finish first, second and third. They will respectively win 60%, 30% and 10% of the total prize money.

To ensure that this event will be fair for everyone attending, participants are restricted to only use a 60% land mount during the course of the race. Moreover, talents and abilities that increase the movement speed of participants are not allowed. For a brief summary of the rules, read the rules section below.

Lastly, the idea is that you role-play throughout the race, and -- obviously -- have fun!

---Rules---

The list of rules is quite short, but if you participate in this event and are caught breaking them you will be disqualified!

1. Only 60% speed landmounts are allowed to be rode
  2. No speed increasing talents or abilities are allowed (in example On a Pale Horse or Crusader Aura)
  3. Participants must pass the marked checkpoints during the course of the race
  4. Participants must stay in the event raid at all times
  5. Participants are not allowed to kill other participants for personal glory
  6. Roleplay like a muthaf***er

---Notice---

I'm still in need of *cough* officials that stand on route at checkpoints to ensure that everybody stays on track. So if you're interested in helping out in the organization, give me a PM here or contact me in-game.

Last edited by Gnash on Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:37 am; edited 2 times in total

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[H] The Great Kalimdor Race (September 19th) Empty Re: [H] The Great Kalimdor Race (September 19th)

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:31 pm

For the people's republic!

<- Can be an official.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

[H] The Great Kalimdor Race (September 19th) Empty Re: [H] The Great Kalimdor Race (September 19th)

Post by Kil'drakor Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:32 pm

Physical exercise hard, comrades!

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:52 pm

So... if the timbermaw aren't happy with you?
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:02 pm

Then you gotta run all the faster.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:02 pm

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:So... if the timbermaw aren't happy with you?

Then you run faster.

Edit: Matrix you bastard!
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Saevir Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:07 pm

*Is sad at the 60% mount-only rule, since there's so little variety among them*
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinnadrin Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:09 pm

Seriously... the level range this goes through is far too deadly for anyone under lvl 40 to participate in, and anyone above lvl 40 not being able to buy an epic mount will not be able to pay the entry fee either.

Life ain't an equal opportunity employer.
Sinnadrin
Sinnadrin

Character sheet
Name: Lord Sinnadrin Sunfury
Title: Sun King Aspirant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:10 pm

But this race apparently is.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:24 pm

Sinnadrin wrote:Seriously... the level range this goes through is far too deadly for anyone under lvl 40 to participate in, and anyone above lvl 40 not being able to buy an epic mount will not be able to pay the entry fee either.

Life ain't an equal opportunity employer.

I don't care. Smile

Apart from allowing more people to have a shot at championship; this actually makes the race last longer also.

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:32 pm

Upon reading this I thought of that old cartoons where they were these races and there was some guy with a moustache and an evil french look on him always setting up traps to put the other drivers out of the competition.

Actually this is it Very Happy Wacky races

But yes! Good luck on it.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:34 pm

Still, no one above level 55 will have a chance at getting through the tunnel. As they won't have had time to get neutral with the Timbermaw, and they will get the aggro before some higher leveled person. So it is a rule that is somewhat strange.
Aside from making it take longer.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:34 pm

Wtb Buzzwagon for Ashenvale.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:35 pm

Dieing due to mobs is fun.

On a side note, I've mistaken the date: it should of been the 19th instead of the 12th!

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jomir Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:19 pm

Alliance welcome too, Mr Chinaman? And who do we pay?
Jomir
Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:40 pm

Due to a lot of mechanical failures (lack of crossfaction communication, not being able to pay the fee, not being able to enter the raidgroup) and of course the fact that we hate you pinkskins [edit] with an intensity that matches the radiance of the sun of Azeroth! [/edit] , this event is restricted to Horde players. Sorry!

That, and I cannot be arsed to keep track of both factions. It's just too big a strain.

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:39 am

Due this week! Smile

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvina Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:00 am

Would be fun if there was also alliance competitors. More chances for sabotage. Too bad the rules doesn't allow killing of the fellow competitiors. Twisted Evil
Sylvina
Sylvina

Character sheet
Name: Sylvina Fireheart
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmheid/Mirianne Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:03 am

If we, glorious Alliance are not welcome, we might come and serve as the evil looking French-looking guys with mustaches Very Happy
How could you make a horde-only event without inviting us to bring some spice to it? Hunter traps on the road... People throwing dynamite... fun!
Helmheid/Mirianne
Helmheid/Mirianne

Back to top Go down

Post by Celistra Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:19 am

Gonna show up on some one of my chars just not sure which one
Celistra
Celistra

Character sheet
Name: Celistra Silverstrike
Title: Captain of Sin Belore, Councilor of War of Silvermoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowpope Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:27 am

Don't mean to be a party pooper, but if you manage to assemble, say, 70 participants, how are going to keep track of everyone to make sure no one ninja-switches their crusader aura on when no ones looking, or to ensure nobody veers off course into a bush to do a quick talent swap for extra speed talents?

Edit: or even sneakier; redo their talent points so that it looks legit, but have 2 or 3 unspent talent points that they can conveniently spend during the race?
Shadowpope
Shadowpope

Back to top Go down

Post by Celistra Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:20 pm

Iam joining to RP not to win, dont know about everybody else, but I hope others feel the same
Celistra
Celistra

Character sheet
Name: Celistra Silverstrike
Title: Captain of Sin Belore, Councilor of War of Silvermoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:03 pm

celistra wrote:Iam joining to RP not to win, dont know about everybody else, but I hope others feel the same

This.

If you however get away with cheating, and I find out afterwards -- well, just don't think you'll be attending another event of mine or Orcs of the Red Blade any time soon. It's just OOC in my book, and I'll react accordingly. Smile

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:07 pm

Helmheid/Mirianne wrote:If we, glorious Alliance are not welcome, we might come and serve as the evil looking French-looking guys with mustaches Very Happy
How could you make a horde-only event without inviting us to bring some spice to it? Hunter traps on the road... People throwing dynamite... fun!

Nothing personal, but my latest attempt at cross-faction role-play was shot down. The drama that occured yesterday during the Anniversary War did not actually reinvigorate my confidence in it either.

Sorry, you guys aren't invited to attend this.

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:52 pm

Shadowpope wrote:Don't mean to be a party pooper, but if you manage to assemble, say, 70 participants, how are going to keep track of everyone to make sure no one ninja-switches their crusader aura on when no ones looking, or to ensure nobody veers off course into a bush to do a quick talent swap for extra speed talents?

Edit: or even sneakier; redo their talent points so that it looks legit, but have 2 or 3 unspent talent points that they can conveniently spend during the race?
Everyone in, if 70 two raids with some people to watch on maps from time to time. if anyone suddenly is moving quicker than the other dots. There's your problem.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next