Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stormwind Wake Up!

+14
Gesh
Mandui
Anna Helmsley
Geldar
Gahalla
Gogol
Meralynn / Ashla
Zhakiri
Cathee Norris
Lavian
Jomir
Zinkle Figgins
Melnerag
Magaskawee/Anaei
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Stormwind Wake Up! Empty Stormwind Wake Up!

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:34 am

*Posters are put up within several districts and inns of Stormwind, the following is a letter written from Anaei Trollbane to the people of Stormwind*

Citizens, Soldiers and All of you that reside in Stormwind,

In the past month, I have seen a horrific rise in crime, corruption and disregard for the order that your King would see in his subjects. In the past month alone, two attempts have been made on my life and one unsuccessful attempt at kidnap. Whilst this may be put to the fact I am a foreign dignitary, I fear that is not an excuse. I have heard stories of cartels mass-murdering civilians in broad daylight! Kidnapping and torturing citizens into their ways of thinking! I lie awake at night, not due to these facts, but knowing in my heart that this city in the council's absence has been left in the wrong hands. These cartels and gangs roam free to commit their acts of villainy whilst those who are meant to protect us blame and accuse the innocent for 'sport', for 'fun and laughs'. Are these proper responces from a Guard of Stormwind? They'd rather tease the innocents than actually catch any damn criminals!

I speak not of all the guards, citizens. You know exactly whom I speak of. I feel though, I am being unfair to all of them. They are but pawns to His Royal Majesty King-Sergeant Mansfield, as he thinks himself. He allows his regiment to run around, drunkardly insulting the noble houses, abusing and raping the citizens and indecent exposure in the inns! Is this the behavior we want from those mean to be protecting us? Protecting our children? Citizens it is time to bring into question who the real criminals are, those that abuse the innocents and allow gang lords to roam whilst they sit in the Command Centre and laugh, or the gang lords? For I fear we may just be better in the hands of a Gang Lord, than a mad fool.

I pray you show caution when dealing with the dogs of Mansfield, they will unrelentlessly and unquestioning obey their houndmaster, do nothing to provoke an abuse of their rights.

Be safe citizens, I pray for you all and myself that we might navigate through this dark period.

Yours Faithfully,

Princess Anaei Tyra Trollbane,
Regent of Arathor.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Stormwind Wake Up! Empty Re: Stormwind Wake Up!

Post by Melnerag Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:33 am

*enters the slaughtered lamb, reads the poster and then places a black&white etch of Storm Peaks on top before addressing a letter back to the upstart princess*

Your royal highness,

I would presume it is proper conduct in Arathor to tell people how, when and what to think and feel by means of posters, letters and the like and thus I reply to you in that likeness. For one I am well-pleased with the actions of Sergeant Mansfield and through our many interactions I see him as a great officer and a man of great integrity. As Arathor is not known to breed soft men, you know perfectly well that commanders should be tough, and that fear is more effective than love. As such Sergeant Mansfield is the right man to keep peace and order in the city and organize the Blazing Shields regiment as a fearsome force of Order.

As for those Cartels you mention, you clearly exaggerate the situation. But of course a princess clad in rich dresses such as you makes a lovely target for muggers and thugs of any sort, and I would be surprised if honest citizens did not contemplate a robbery when they saw you pass before their windows. I for one enjoy nearly-perfect peace in the Mage District and had no such troubles of upsurging organized crime. What you should do, and what is much more effective than spreading the posters, is to avoid seeking out trouble and keep away from entering areas which the thugs see as their territory. Which is normal, you would kill an orc that enters your Arathorian land, wouldn't you? If you do enter a land dominated by the thugs, then you should display proper respect and pay a small toll for passing as I do. In regards to the guards, if you find their handling of you inappropriate for your royal standing you should offer them a gift of goodwill to ensure their fine treatment of you.

I thank you for your directions and guidance on how I should think and feel, and I hope I've managed to fully return the favor. In the future, please refrain from placing such material anywhere near my establishment. I am well-capable of making up my own mind!

High regards,
Sophyra, daughter of Ashay.

Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:08 am

*Zinkle reads the poster smirking, then removes it from the wall, bends it and puts it in his pocket*

"On the wall of fame you go!"

OOC

If it wasn't for Mansfield we criminals would be even more annoying and dangerous; he's a cunning, brutal rival and he did an awesome job.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jomir Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:45 am

Viva la revolution!
Jomir
Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:38 pm

*As Mansfield orders his regiment to go about the town and clear up ALL these posters, as they are propaganda against His Majesties army. Wich is a crime. (Slander against an officer on-duty).*

*Casually leaning back in the officers' chair he yawns at the poster.*

"Get in line with the rest of criminal-Stormwind, princess. But you'll have what you want soon enough."

*He looks to a nearby private.*

"Find me Trollbane. When you do, radio it in. I want her arrested on High Treason charges."

Last edited by Mansfield Ath on Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:47 pm

Views one of the posters in one of the more discreet alleys. She affixes an interested view and goes over the content muttering to herself here and there.

What is milady doing.

She shakes her head and turns away.

Guess it is no longer my place to even ask anymore. Whats done is to be done.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:50 pm

Julia finds one of said posters on the wall of her office by the entrance, early in the morning as she wakes up after a long nights work (or a late night of work followed by falling asleep on the desk). She reads it through, carefully unpins it and rolls it up while nodding, muttering to herself.

"Newspaper material.."
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:20 pm

Nygarth finds a poster, reading it to himself, he sighs at his step-daughter to be's words.

"Can't she just keep 'er neck outta other Nation's business!?..."

Filled with half pride, and half annoyance he strolls away.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Meralynn / Ashla Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:47 pm

*Saffron hears Mansfields words and chuckles lightly*

"Let's see how she fares when we are away, sir."
Meralynn / Ashla
Meralynn / Ashla

Character sheet
Name: Meralynn
Title: Sergeant, Blazing Shields

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:51 pm

Gogol has a poster handed to him by a courier over by his ranch, enjoying a cigar on the pourch.

"History is kind to those who writes it.."

He then puts his Southshore branded cigar out, in the ashtray placed on a small table to his left, and heads inside for a change of cloths. Some of the Ram boxes have to be cleaned before nightfall.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Gahalla Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:54 pm

OOC: I love the posters, and I love Sophyra's repsonse to it. Thumbs up to both of you.

Mansfield \ Ath wrote:[b]...as they are propaganda against His Majesties army. Wich is a crime. (Slander against an officer on-duty)...

...High Treason charges...[/i]

It's actually sedition, not high treason. But that's a minor detail since both are capital offences...
Gahalla
Gahalla

Character sheet
Name: Gahalla rose
Title: Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:55 pm

*Geldar seems to be too busy killing orcs to read these letters*
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Anna Helmsley Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:08 pm

*Hannah gets a poster thrown in her lap by Sir Edrik. As she reads it her mouth slowly transform into a cold smirk.*

"She's in for it now..."

Last edited by Hannah Helmsley on Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Anna Helmsley
Anna Helmsley

Character sheet
Name: Anna Helmsley
Title: Noble

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:11 pm

*Mandui's enjoying her moonwell spa in Teldrassil and has no idea those posters even exist*
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:19 pm

Mandui wrote:*Mandui's enjoying her moonwell spa in Teldrassil and has no idea those posters even exist*
Vectoria's enjoying her blood bath in The Undercity apothecary and has no idea those posters even exsist.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:22 pm

*Notices a bird flying over Stormwind. Hm.*

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:27 pm

*Stares at where the posters were*

"Well, that proves my point. Now, let's see how Mansfield deals with criticism."

((Oh, and no one has done it, which i'm really proud of. But before someone does, this is totally IC.. Me and Blaight are -fine- OOC. No conflict. /smacks those who would say otherwise.))
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:46 pm

*Merandil reads a copy of the posted letter from a Lakeshire guardsman*

-"Think it's as bad as it says, Sir?" the guardsman asks wearily.
-"Probably not." Merandil replied, -"but the Stormwind Guard being corrupt and, most importantly, inept, is definately an undeniable truth."
-"Undeniable, sir."
-"That's what I said."
-"I know, sir. Just agreeing with you, sir."
-"Oh, right."

There was a brief, awkward silence as neither really had anything to say for the indignities of Stormwind, its residents, or visiting dignitaries.

-"Tea?"
-"Thank you sir."
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:38 pm

Well now she has what she wishes! The Shields are gone and Arathor are the new guards!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:03 pm

HELLLLLLL YEAHHH
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:12 pm

Mansfield \ Ath wrote:Well now she has what she wishes! The Shields are gone and Arathor are the new guards!

GREAT SUCCESS! Also I liked walking around and your rush to 'arrest' me for treason. *wink* Looks like you fear her after all! MWahahaha!
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:40 pm

Anaei/Vezullia wrote:GREAT SUCCESS! Also I liked walking around and your rush to 'arrest' me for treason. *wink* Looks like you fear her after all! MWahahaha!

Nawh, I was just teasing! I wasn't gonna arrest ya. Who wants all the OOC drama, council bullshit, Arathorians attacking us, 2-3 days before our event because ya made some random poster wich I found pretty funny xD I linked the whole hound-thing in g-chat and they barked!

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:59 pm

I loved the poster, Ana :) and Sophyra's response to it too ... "I would presume it is proper conduct in Arathor to tell people how, when and what to think and feel by means of posters, letters and the like" <3!!!

Edervic/Vectoria wrote:
Mandui wrote:*Mandui's enjoying her moonwell spa in Teldrassil and has no idea those posters even exist*
Vectoria's enjoying her blood bath in The Undercity apothecary and has no idea those posters even exsist.

wahahahha XD
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:22 pm

Stormwind! Wake up!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:40 pm

Mansfield \ Ath wrote:Stormwind! Wake up!
*throws a sock at Mansfield*

Will you SHUT UP?! Some people are trying to sleep here ffs!

*goes back to sleep*
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next