Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for a home

+13
Mandui
Jomir
Sanara
Magaskawee/Anaei
Lavian
Cathee Norris
Elloa
Jayse
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Torukan
Ralegh
Arathoran
itsy
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Looking for a home - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking for a home

Post by Elloa Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:58 am

I've never role played with Julia, so i can't say. But this can be a very interesting role play. It happen sometimes that a kid have genius, and is able to do remarkable things (example : kids who start university at 12...it happen). But this is counterbalanced by a emotional/affective immaturity. I think it can be really interesting.

Imagine... the girl who is doing formidable work at the council, prepare strategy, engage diplomatic mission, always speak with seriousness and great intelligence. Then there is this paladin with long, weavy blond hair who cross her way...and pouf, you don't face a genius anymore, but a teenager all in love, super sensitive and jealous "Ooh but this bitch looked at him. I'll find some dirty scoop about her to place in my journal" ... :p
Elloa
Elloa

Character sheet
Name: Elloa
Title:

http://whitestar.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:00 pm

Imagine... the girl who is doing formidable work at the council, prepare strategy, engage diplomatic mission, always speak with seriousness and great intelligence. Then there is this paladin with long, weavy blond hair who cross her way...and pouf, you don't face a genius anymore, but a teenager all in love, super sensitive and jealous "Ooh but this bitch looked at him. I'll find some dirty scoop about her to place in my journal" ... :p

I love you, Sai should so do this...
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:06 pm

Elloa wrote:

I love this!!! Julia you HAVE to do this!! <3
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:23 pm

Shaelyssa wrote:
Elloa wrote:

I love this!!! Julia you HAVE to do this!! <3

I already am <.<

Also, Julia ain't a super genius. She know nothing about war, she can barley hold a sword and she know as of yet one single spell (making her pencil write for her). I did all this so I could put the heavy stuff onto the fact she's a good writer, considering she spent her entire childhood writing and reading. As said before, in this kind of age someone her age is actually considered adult. Not to mention she's taken care of herself more or less two years already. I do not -want- to RP in the "normal" age that every roleplayer play in (25-35). I -want- to roleplay a girl that is young but still somewhat able to do good things, I've compromised everything on her except that fact that she's raised to be somewhat intelligent. But even so I still RP her as someone that often takes to tears when things doesn't go her way, and people would know that if they bothered to interact with her instead of judging before getting facts. I made a post before about this, but I deleted it because I didn't want to derail, but the fact that people stick their noses in things that aren't their business makes me kinda annoyed. I never told anyone how to RP their characters, so don't tell me how to RP mine. And don't judge someone before you RP with him/her.

And in an attempt to bring the topic back.. Sorry about derailing again, and good luck with your thing.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:25 pm

I never told anyone how to RP their characters, so don't tell me how to RP mine. And don't judge someone before you RP with him/her.
ooh I hope you didn't toke what I said as I was suggesting you anything. I was more defending the point that it was possible/viable to RP a teenager with responsabilities.
And I let my imagination goes and write an example, but it was far from beeing a suggestion for you personaly.
Elloa
Elloa

Character sheet
Name: Elloa
Title:

http://whitestar.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:10 pm

Mandui wrote:Weird how people allow a number to determine whether a roleplayer does a good work ICly or not :/

Weird, As I got flamed by Bloodwind for Rhebecas age and being unknown to the military due that, whenever she made smart ass comments toward the elite commander that wasn't really acting as a high commander. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:37 pm

Age is such a difficult subject to debate. If we let our characters "seemingly naturally evolve"... it's hard to impose 'limitations' to a character. The problem being that we end up evolving into something that seems unnatural when you take a step back to look at it.
I know I stumbled on issues with that and I'm still stuck with them. Do you let your character do something extraordinary considering the character's age because it evolved into it ICly or do you step back and look at the char, thinking... "Well... maybe that's a little far fetched?", thereby limiting your own RP and perhaps not reaping the fruit of your labour.
Perhaps we can let the player decide?

Either way... I wouldn't object to such things OOCly. What is delivered is what matters to us OOCly. ICly the age of a person can be an enrichment to the scene, really.
- "What? They expect me to listen to this puny kid?"
- "Young, small, and I'm a priest?" *fiddle*

If we start imposing too rigid limitations we'll be limiting ourselves to the players who "rolled a 30y old". Should we add that as a general requirement for characters to be allowed to do anything?
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:40 pm

Jeanpierre/Jeanclaude wrote:Age is such a difficult subject to debate. If we let our characters "seemingly naturally evolve"... it's hard to impose 'limitations' to a character. The problem being that we end up evolving into something that seems unnatural when you take a step back to look at it.
I know I stumbled on issues with that and I'm still stuck with them. Do you let your character do something extraordinary considering the character's age because it evolved into it ICly or do you step back and look at the char, thinking... "Well... maybe that's a little far fetched?", thereby limiting your own RP and perhaps not reaping the fruit of your labour.
Perhaps we can let the player decide?

Either way... I wouldn't object to such things OOCly. What is delivered is what matters to us OOCly. ICly the age of a person can be an enrichment to the scene, really.
- "What? They expect me to listen to this puny kid?"
- "Young, small, and I'm a priest?" *fiddle*

If we start imposing too rigid limitations we'll be limiting ourselves to the players who "rolled a 30y old". Should we add that as a general requirement for characters to be allowed to do anything?

Quoted for truth. But for some reason some people will suddenly look at age on one subject and at the other ignore it. Simply to fit their needs to the current situation. Which i really dislike when that is done.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:54 pm

I'll admitt I'm guilty of such things myself: in one discussion, age could be totally irrelevant for me, then in another it suddenly makes a whole world of difference. Usually the difference lies in the ethics involved in the subject.
Throw in some IC and OOC schizophrenia and I bet I might seem irregular to some people. If I did you wrong... My appologies Wink
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:58 pm

Rhebeca wrote:
Mandui wrote:Weird how people allow a number to determine whether a roleplayer does a good work ICly or not :/

Weird, As I got flamed by Bloodwind for Rhebecas age and being unknown to the military due that, whenever she made smart ass comments toward the elite commander that wasn't really acting as a high commander. Razz
I was referring more to the fact that people go "She's 16?! WTFFFSBBQ!" and ignore the level of maturity her character has. The age is a number, it's the attitude that wins respect, the ability to manage responsibilities and so on and so forth. Julia has proven to be worthy of her position repeatedly, the newspaper being only one of her achievements.

I have no idea who flamed you from Bloodwind or what the events around that were, but you have to admit that Rhebecca's general behavior is light years from that of Julia, although they both are young Razz
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by itsy Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:10 pm

It's a good job I managed to find somebody because I have no idea what this thread is really about any more

Anyway thanks to the people that posted on-topic Smile
itsy
itsy

Character sheet
Name: @_@
Title: @_@

Back to top Go down

Post by Arathoran Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:17 pm

We could all go pokemon style and go home when we're 12 and be mature at 14. get married 16 and have kids at 18, die at 26. but there are limits xD And all due respect there haven't been anyone EVER at the age of 16 to become a minister in any country, that could tell people about culture. It just doesn't make sense, a kid is a kid and a spoon is a tool. xD But she could be autistic and be ''super intelligent'' But have some malfunctions. But being perfect at the age of 16 and act as if she was a lot older, just doesn't kick it xD At least the young characters act young. Julia would have to read a lot for her to know all about Humans and stormwinders for that matter. ^^ But ofc I'm just saying what I think, and what citizens might think when they hear a child is in the Council. xD

Let's just stay on topic now shall we?
Arathoran
Arathoran

Character sheet
Name: Arathoran Dawnbringer
Title: Advisor to Eloresh Silversmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:21 pm

Mandui wrote:I was referring more to the fact that people go "She's 16?! WTFFFSBBQ!" and ignore the level of maturity her character has. The age is a number, it's the attitude that wins respect, the ability to manage responsibilities and so on and so forth. Julia has proven to be worthy of her position repeatedly, the newspaper being only one of her achievements.

I have no idea who flamed you from Bloodwind or what the events around that were, but you have to admit that Rhebecca's general behavior is light years from that of Julia, although they both are young Razz

Yeah I do agree that Rhebeca's maturity level is way lower, Her level of respect to others is way lower and her general intelligence is way lower. But the people who flamed never met Rheb IC before, and blamed it upon her age when Rhebeca at that point was for her doing acting quite mature. So those two commanders would never take an order form the young new councilwoman as they judged their entire point of view on rheb from her age. ( which in turn is very un-paladin-like )

But yes its entirely based upon how the characters act and behave. yet often the judgment of people and how they behave with certain things is slightly odd in Roleplay.

Last edited by Rhebeca on Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Arathoran Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:22 pm

Yeah I do agree that Rhebeca's maturity level is way lower, Her level of respect to others is way lower and her general intelligence is way lower. But the people who flamed never met Rheb IC before, and blamed it upon her age when Rhebeca at that point was for her doing acting quite mature. So those two commanders would never take an order form the young new councilwoman as they judged their entire point of view on rheb from her age. ( which in turn is very un-paladin-like )
[/quote]

They were Warriors in shiny armors, Beca : /
Arathoran
Arathoran

Character sheet
Name: Arathoran Dawnbringer
Title: Advisor to Eloresh Silversmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:30 pm

Doraléous wrote:We could all go pokemon style and go home when we're 12 and be mature at 14. get married 16 and have kids at 18, die at 26. but there are limits xD And all due respect there haven't been anyone EVER at the age of 16 to become a minister in any country, that could tell people about culture. It just doesn't make sense, a kid is a kid and a spoon is a tool. xD But she could be autistic and be ''super intelligent'' But have some malfunctions. But being perfect at the age of 16 and act as if she was a lot older, just doesn't kick it xD At least the young characters act young. Julia would have to read a lot for her to know all about Humans and stormwinders for that matter. ^^ But ofc I'm just saying what I think, and what citizens might think when they hear a child is in the Council. xD

Let's just stay on topic now shall we?

It is quite clear you've never RPed with Julia. Because if you had you'd be well aware that she ain't even "super intelligent". She's just better at writing and reading stuff then anything else, and she has no abilities what so ever as of yet, since I plan to RP that from scratch to not seem OP. As for there not even being one of 16.. Well.. Now there is Wink At least I'm original then, eh?
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:42 pm

Rhebeca wrote:

But yes its entirely based upon how the characters act and behave. yet often the judgment of people and how they behave with certain things is slightly odd in Roleplay.
Reb has been in various council meetings and is often seen in Stormwind as well. I believe that both commanders knew her by the time that incident happened. But anyways, enough derailing me thinks.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Saevir Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:45 pm

You humans are making entirely too much fuss about age. At least you all got the same impression of what human lifecycle is like. :p
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Arathoran Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:07 pm

Yea, Saevir you can be a millennium and still look young xD
Arathoran
Arathoran

Character sheet