Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back home at last...

Go down

Back home at last... Empty Back home at last...

Post by Aarian Northlight Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:05 am

*The Gyphon darts through the air, over Lakeshire and arching downwards, almost brushing the tops of the trees as it finally enters Elwynn Forest...Aarian gives it a pat on the side of the stomach...*

Aarian: "Take me home, mighty creature..."

*The Gryphon flaps it's large wings and picks up some more speed as it glides atop the green landscape of Elwynn. Aarian is secured tightly to the Gryphon with the aid of some rope and a harness - his body still weak from his ordeal, his friends were taking no chances when mounting him onto his long flight home. Aarian looks downwards, catching glimpses of areas of the Forest - each one seems to hold a memory for him...they pass over the logging camp...*

Aarian: "See that large house there? That's where I used to live..."

*The Gryphon arks left and passes over a grand tower...*

Aarian: "The old Tower of Azora! It's been a while since I visited that!..."

*Goldshire comes into view below, the hustle and bustle around the Lion's Pride Inn clearly visible from up above...*

Aarian: "Ah, Goldshire...that place brings back some memories. A few Meads and some stories of great battles at the Lion's Pride, mostly..."

*As the Gryphon straightens itself up for the final straight, Aarian looks up and is overcome with emotion as they head directly towards the gates of Stormwind City...*

Aarian: "Wow..."

*Aarian seems overcome by the amazing view - a view he has waited a long time to see once again. The Gryphon strafes to the right and heads over the great walls, above the Stormwind lake and through the large hatch into the Gryphon compound. It comes to a soft landing, as Aarian ruffles it's feathers...*

Aarian: "Here we are then. My thanks for taking me home...It's been an honour to ride with you."

*The Gryphon Master hurries over to help Aarian down. Some of his young attendants rush over to gawp and stare, standing in awe as they bear witness to the Master Chaplain for the first time...the Gryphon Master turns to one of them...*

Grryphon Master: "Patrick! for Light's sake, stop staring and get this man a flask of water!"

*The kid is stunned for a moment. He suddenly nods his head quickly and rushes back to get Aarian a drink, tripping over a bale of hay in the process. He stumbles back over and hands it to Aarian, kneeling as he does so. Aarian smirks...*

Aarian: "On your feet, boy. Your welcome is flattering, yet I am no King...please..."

*Aarian takes the lad's arm and helps him to his feet. The boy seems embarrassed as he blushes red and snorts as he giggles...*

Patrick; "Sorry, Sir Aarian...it's just I have heard much about you...and to finally meet you, is..."

*Aarian takes a sip of water and gives Patrick a few taps on the shoulder*

Aarian: "The honour is mine, lad. It's great to be home again."

*The Gryphon Master clears the ropes and harness out of the way, and bows to Aarian as he leads the Grpyphon back to it's nesting bed. Aarian returns the bow out of gratitude as he goes to walk towards the ramp into the Trade District...*

Aarian: "Sounds like another busy day at the market..."

*Aarian smiles as the market's loud noises gets ever louder as he nears the ramp. Traders hawking their goods, children playing in the street, the clanking sound of chain-mail clad Guards walking the streets, the clip-clop of horses hooves plodding along the cobbled streets... this was the moment Aarian had been waiting for...he stands at the top of the ramp and peers around below, taking it all in, every sound, every smell, every sight...*

Aarian: "Back home at last..."

*Aarian smiles as he takes a deep breath and walks down the ramp and onto the streets of his beloved Stormwind once again.*
Aarian Northlight
Aarian Northlight

Character sheet
Name: Sir Aarian Northlight
Title: Master Chaplain & Founder, The Disciples of Light

Back to top Go down