Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Protocol of behavior for knights and nobles (and ye ol' peasent folk)

5 posters

Go down

Protocol of behavior for knights and nobles (and ye ol' peasent folk) Empty Protocol of behavior for knights and nobles (and ye ol' peasent folk)

Post by Arador Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:05 pm

Hello again.

I've been around for a while now and I'm seeing somewhat a.. lack of respect between certain layers of societies. So though I'd put up some basic rules, you're all free to follow them or not ofcourse, but just consider if your character is a proper knight, or some respect-less peasant.

Kings and queen are addressed with your majesty or your highness. And when you talk about it's his or her majesty.

Nobles are addressed with Lord or Lady

Knights are addressed with Sir (Don't know the female version, since there weren't any female knights back in y'old medieval times, not proper ones anyway)

Now, the highest layers of society are touchy people and you need to ask permission for almost everything. Permission to speak with one, permission to join at one's table, etc.

Very important is that these people also address eachother in this way.

This is all I can think of for now, so if you have comment, feedback or additions, feel free to leave them here.

This is Arador signing of, hope you enjoyed the show.
Arador
Arador

Character sheet
Name: Elegost 'The Lionheart' Dawnweaver
Title: Lord-Commander of Arathor

Back to top Go down

Protocol of behavior for knights and nobles (and ye ol' peasent folk) Empty Re: Protocol of behavior for knights and nobles (and ye ol' peasent folk)

Post by Cathee Norris Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:09 pm

I think Gahalla made a big nice post about this somewhere. Anyhow, makes sense to me regardless.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Protocol of behavior for knights and nobles (and ye ol' peasent folk) Empty Re: Protocol of behavior for knights and nobles (and ye ol' peasent folk)

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:16 pm

Julia Beckjordsson wrote:I think Gahalla made a big nice post about this somewhere. Anyhow, makes sense to me regardless.

That if not should be stickied, her post for.. very, VERY good. However, some people use the mentaliy, "Why should you be above me?" Which isn't really a mindset for a medival fantasy like game.. Either way, respect for the most part is earned. And Majesty is King/Queen, Highness is lesser members of the Royal Family such as PRince/Princess.

Last edited by Anaei/Vezullia on Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Arador Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:16 pm

...fine <goes mocking in corner>
Arador
Arador

Character sheet
Name: Elegost 'The Lionheart' Dawnweaver
Title: Lord-Commander of Arathor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:33 pm

Elegost.....Following protocol? Honestly?
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:41 pm

Gost`, Gahalla made a nice post yeah. Also, dont come around swinging this chivalry nonsense, we are not in ye`olde ages, but in one that would put the tech they use in CSI to shame. SHAME I SAY.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down