Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A-H] Flashback event I : The Night of the Falling Stars (faire in Nagrand)

+5
Shriyaro
Manathon
Sanara
Kozgugore Feraleye
Elloa
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[A-H] Flashback event I : The Night of the Falling Stars (faire in Nagrand) Empty [A-H] Flashback event I : The Night of the Falling Stars (faire in Nagrand)

Post by Elloa Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:31 am

Tuesday 3 august, 21h (serveur time)

Flashback Event I: The Night of the Falling Stars (Faire in Nagrand)
Back in time : before the arrival of the Burning Legion in Draenor. ( -43 on Wow Lore Time Line = 76 years before now)

[A-H] Flashback event I : The Night of the Falling Stars (faire in Nagrand) Nagrand_1

In the plains of Nagrand, when a rain of stars falls in the sky, the blessed Draenei and the peaceful orc meet. This unique moment in a cycle is considered by both races as sacred. More than trading their goods, they use this amazing night to share what’s dearest in their heart. They exchange blessing and gifts, and along games, they show to each other who they are.

[*]Summary of the event

What? : A faire in the vast plains of Nagrand. In addition to some trade, gift and greetings between orcs and draenei, some simple games will be organised. Also a typical orkish ceremony and a typical draenei ceremony will be done to exchange blessing.
Where? : The event will start in Garadar for Orcs, and on the path between Shattrah and Nagrand for Draenei.
Who? : This event is open ONLY for Draenei and orcs. This event happen before the corruption of orcs by Kiljaeden (-43 so it's 76 years before now), better to say that if you are role playing an orc, this orc most likely will be death by the time Cataclysm come. In that case, just role play one ancestor (for example) of your actual orc character. If you are playing a Draenei and this Draenei is born on Draenor, he/she can be played as a youngest Draenei.
When?: Tuesday 3 august, 21h.

[A-H] Flashback event I : The Night of the Falling Stars (faire in Nagrand) Falling_star

The Night of the Falling Stars

Every cycle of 3 azerothian years and half, the planet of Draenor cross the travel of a big comet, offering to the Draenor inhabitants an amazing spectacle of falling stars which last several nights.
Since centuries or maybe more, the tribes of orcs had the use of celebrating this Sacred Night with a shamanistic ceremony, and prove their valour along games and hardships. This night, if correctly celebrated, is supposed to bring them blessing for the three years to come.

After the arrival of the Draenei upon their lands - people who came from the stars - the orcish tribes obviously invited the mysterious draenei to join the Night of the Falling Stars. The Draenei weren’t impressed by this celestial event as were orcs, but however accepted the tradition in an effort of peaceful life among the original inhabitants of their new home.

Becoming a symbol of peace between Draenei and Orcs, the Night of the Falling Stars was therefore celebrated slightly differently. Each people bring gifts and feast for the other, while their spiritual leaders offer a blessing. Draenei bless orcs with the Light. Orc bless Draenei with their shamanistic powers.
After the ceremony, games and hardships are organised to impress the other, and share their culture.

To close the Night of the Falling Star, a couple of young Kaliaris are released in the sky, while one Draenei and one Orc hunter have to shoot them with only one arrow. To kill the flying Kaliari is a sign of prosperity, while to miss it, is undoubtedly a bad sign.

Program of the evening in detail :

• 21h :
    Orcs gather at Garadar.
    Draenei gather in Shattrah, the terrace facing Nagrand.

• +-21h10:
    Orc and Draenei gather to the place of the event. The meal is prepared. The two people exchange gift of food and drink.

• +-21h45 : The orc Shaman start with their Ceremony, and bless all Draenei present. The Draenei follow with their Priestess, and bless all orc present.

• +-22h : Games and Hardships

Game planed :
    - Unarmed duel (orkish tradition)
    - Talbuk race (can be replaced by Elek VS Wolf if no one have a talbuk. But talbuk is more fun)
    - Draenei songs and dances (bollywood style <-- kidding )

• +-22h45 : Kaliari ceremony (orkish tradition)

A orc is charged to release the cage of the Kaliari while the two hunter choosen* take place side to side. They receive a blessed arrow, and with this unique arrow they need to shoot the Kaliari. Will they succeed, will they miss ?

Last edited by Elloa on Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 am; edited 12 times in total
Elloa
Elloa

Character sheet
Name: Elloa
Title:

http://whitestar.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

[A-H] Flashback event I : The Night of the Falling Stars (faire in Nagrand) Empty Re: [A-H] Flashback event I : The Night of the Falling Stars (faire in Nagrand)

Post by Guest Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:33 am

((Shame the orcs wont be brown then. And, I'm pretty sure some orcs lived from before the corruption till this day. Unless you plan to place this extremly far back.
Nice concept, good luck!))

Back to top Go down

[A-H] Flashback event I : The Night of the Falling Stars (faire in Nagrand) Empty Re: [A-H] Flashback event I : The Night of the Falling Stars (faire in Nagrand)

Post by Elloa Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:36 am

And, I'm pretty sure some orcs lived from before the corruption till this day

This is up to each orc character to know, if they can be present or not. I'm thinking to hold this event like 1 or 2 years before the corruption. So yeah maybe some actual orc veteran can be present Smile Will update the post to make it more obvious.
Elloa
Elloa

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:52 am

Elloa wrote:
And, I'm pretty sure some orcs lived from before the corruption till this day

This is up to each orc character to know, if they can be present or not. I'm thinking to hold this event like 1 or 2 years before the corruption. So yeah maybe some actual orc veteran can be present Smile Will update the post to make it more obvious.

(Go Kozzy! x3))

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:54 am

I'm sure some orcs would be interested in this, even in the present day. Not sure if you'd need to make this a flashback event for that, really. In fact, we Red Blades have had a history of sharing events with certain draenei (guilds) in the past, too.

Since I'm still on a holiday, I can't plan anything just yet, but I can contact you as soon as I'm back in the next week, or you're free to contact me as well, of course.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:42 pm

Kozgugore Feraleye wrote: Not sure if you'd need to make this a flashback event for that, really. In fact, we Red Blades have had a history of sharing events with certain draenei (guilds) in the past, too.

I really want to make this a past event because as you can see in the <Looking for Rp forum>, I'm trying to organise a series of events which will happen before the crash of the Exodar. This to help the small Draenei role play community to build interesting relationship and to build memories of the past. I find it interesting to see how a community can behave before/after a series of drama like the ones have known Draenei, and as they live milleniums, it's nice to be able to build memories together.
Of course not every Draenei know every others Draenei. But when you think of how long a Draenei live, how many big lose they had know (such as 80% of their population), you can hardly think that Draenei walking in Stormwind today are unknown for each other and that when they met they are in fact meeting for the first time. This series of events is made for that : to build a server Draenei past. Smile All together.

Kozgugore Feraleye wrote: Since I'm still on a holiday, I can't plan anything just yet, but I can contact you as soon as I'm back in the next week, or you're free to contact me as well, of course.

Awsome, I'm thinking to organise this event arround the end of july/start of august.
Elloa
Elloa

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:29 pm

I have two short notes to chime in with;

1. Draenei born on Draenor can be anywhere up to 2000 or 5000 years old at this point, given how vague the timeline is. Also, Orcs like Grom Hellscream lived that long (allegedly due to demonic corruption) so older Orcs with similar fates could very well have been alive at the time.

2. The Draenei vehemently avoided using magic of any kind when on Draenor, which was the reason the Burning Legion could not find them there.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Manathon Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:33 pm

Merandil wrote:
2. The Draenei vehemently avoided using magic of any kind when on Draenor, which was the reason the Burning Legion could not find them there.

I do remember that, in Rise of the Horde, the draenei that save Durotan and Orgrim from a rampaging ogre shoot beams of lightning at the aforementioned ogre.
Manathon
Manathon

Character sheet
Name: Manathon Oakshadow
Title: Druid with beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:45 pm

Oh yeah true... thanks for this remark !
Well, I'll find another idea of what Draenei could have done as little typical "show". or if anyone else have an idea, feel free to share it !
Elloa
Elloa

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:03 pm

I just realised an error in my earlier statement. It would be any form of arcane magic* that the Draenei avoid.

Divine magic and technology would still be okay, though!
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:47 pm

Mmh...yeah well, we will just dance, sing and trow holy Nova, divine storm + fireworks..Can work aswell :p

I've find a Draenei anchorite it seem. *cheer* But I keep his/her name secret for now muahahahahaha

Elloa
Elloa

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:18 pm

I've set up the event for the tuesday 3 august, 21h (serveur time). i'll create the event IG calendar on both Horde and Alliance. Please wisp me, or sent me a IG mail, or a word here if you want an invite.
Elloa
Elloa

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:51 am

I'll try my best to attend ^^

The Saali of the time would be very different.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:48 am

Sounds like a good time, will certainly do my best to be there!

Saali wrote:The Saali of the time would be very different.

So will Sanara, which will hopefully make it very interesting to do this.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shriyaro Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:44 am

I'll try and be there for this. Any chance of an in game calendar event so I don't forget?

Last edited by Shriyaro on Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Brain not turned on.)
Shriyaro
Shriyaro

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:50 am

I would love, love, love to come to this event but I only just started leveling my draenei again so I'm not sure if I could make it. I would love to come and watch it though out-of-character, if that's possible that is. Smile

In any case, good luck with this! I really, really, really like this idea.
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgeth Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:54 am

I'll definitely be willing to give this a shot. Won't come on my warlock - for obvious reasons - but I have a shaman as well. Sounds like good fun!
Morgeth
Morgeth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:27 am

I think the Draenei Did use arcane magics on their stay on Draenor
But only in shielded regions mostly around their towns, Cities and temples as some of these were even hidden and turned invisible by giant illusions.
But as said they probably would not shoot arcane magic around in the open to much to draw allot of attention.

And far as I know the Draenei and Orcs hardly met each other on the plains of Nagrand or anywhere else. Save only for small amounts of trading or exchange of goods and lost persons as happened with Durotan.

So mostly the Draenei stayed a good distance away from the orcs gronn and ogres, to avoid the legion from corrupting a them or any other nearby race and getting them into trouble as well.

But this is what i mostly got from the books and things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:02 pm

Just tell me the name you use in game so I can invite you on the calendar Wink
Elloa
Elloa

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:52 am

Rhebeca wrote:I think the Draenei Did use arcane magics on their stay on Draenor
But only in shielded regions mostly around their towns, Cities and temples as some of these were even hidden and turned invisible by giant illusions.

The city of Telmor was rendered invisible to outsiders using an Ata'mal crystal, which is why I specified that Draenei only used divine magic and never arcane (as any use of arcane magic would likely draw the Legion's attention).
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shriyaro Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:24 am

Elloa wrote:Just tell me the name you use in game so I can invite you on the calendar Wink

Shriyaro Smile
Shriyaro
Shriyaro

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:00 am

Shriyaro wrote:
Elloa wrote:Just tell me the name you use in game so I can invite you on the calendar Wink

Shriyaro Smile

Héhé, you I know.. but Miss Rebeca, Miss Shaelissa and Miss Morgeth I don't know :p
Elloa
Elloa

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:26 am

Double post (yes I know it's bad) to update a little bit the community concerning this event.

As soon as I know the two spiritual leaders (draenei and orc), I'll send them a little private message super secret. It will be a dream they will do, and which will drive them to do this first "ceremony".
So I also tell to everyone else, this is the first time Orc and Draenei are doing this particular ceremony/gathering along the night of the Falling Stars.
Maybe we can also find an orkish and a draenish name for this night ? Would be cool !

As you know Draenei and Orc lived peacefully, gathered some times for some minor trading, but didn't had so much contact with each others. The event happen 2 years before the corruption of the orcs. Maybe is it a sign ?? mmmh ??? Smile
Elloa
Elloa

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:32 am

I'm definitely going to come to this event, although my poor little draenei is level20ish :p. I'm really looking forward to this and I cannot emphasise who brilliant this idea is. Amazing work, Elloa and best of luck with it! Smile I can't wait.
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:49 pm

Shaelyssa wrote:I'm definitely going to come to this event, although my poor little draenei is level20ish :p. I'm really looking forward to this and I cannot emphasise who brilliant this idea is. Amazing work, Elloa and best of luck with it! Smile I can't wait.

We will find a way to protect your character from the evil talbuk !! Don't worry Wink
Also the preparation of the event is going well ! I'm starting to be a little bit impatient too !
Elloa
Elloa

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next