Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[SI:7 R&D RP] Infra Green Active Camoflague

+11
Ralegh
Torukan
Visceril
Magaskawee/Anaei
Mandui
Zinkle Figgins
Sanara
Raelan
Saevir
Valdar/Melan
Jayse
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[SI:7 R&D RP] Infra Green Active Camoflague Empty [SI:7 R&D RP] Infra Green Active Camoflague

Post by Jayse Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:25 am

Infra Green Active Camoflague Concept/Prototype and Testing

The concept of Infra Green Energy is still at best in its early stages of development. There is no mistake it exists and it's inherent properties look to be currently largely unstable, yet not volatile. We don't know how the goblin's came across this energy however thier efforts have resulted in an opportunity for great technological advancement.

Current Goblin - Gnome relations are well documented to be intense rivalry at best however the goblin mindset for buisness has allowed our research and development teams to aquire this prototype technology at great monetary expense.

The applications for Infra Green are largley unknown; however thanks to the research of Engineer Kibli Killohertz during the Cold War in the north at a small forward observation base have allowed him to effectivley mask the whole airbase under an Infra Green shroud. Powered via large capacital conductors that look to reverse engineer the energies propperties. Showing it's malliable in use. Through this application it allowed the Allied Airforce's along with the renowned ace's of the I.R.A.F to inflict devastaing casualties to the scourge ground forces, and paved the way to the citadel itself.

This application of 'stealth' is what SI:7 is interested in. If there was a way to apply this technology in a smaller scale it would enable 303rd Logistical to operate with an increased lethal efficiency. Given the scourge were unable to uncover the hidden airfield, it's likley the scrying and the plain sight of the known races would be inneffective in assertaining this technology in use.

Research and Development has been tasked with adapting this technology to SCYTHE Full-Tac Armour. Effectivly resulting in an Active Camoflague for warfare use. In doing so, giving the 303rd significant tactical advantage in hostile enviroments and enemy territory.

(OOC: Just a small bit as usual to give a little insight in to the thing's were doing in SI:7. This instance being Research and Development RP soley with the focus on giving W-PvP 'Stealth' in our PvP gear some tangible IC grounding. Not really for use in general RP.)
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

[SI:7 R&D RP] Infra Green Active Camoflague Empty Re: [SI:7 R&D RP] Infra Green Active Camoflague

Post by Valdar/Melan Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:36 pm

((Fantastic idea. I'm up for discussion on this, btw, but I do think this should be able to be implimented on the SI:7's agents in general RP as well, as long as they have the device on them. Rogues desperately need an excuse for their Stealth ability.))
Valdar/Melan
Valdar/Melan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[SI:7 R&D RP] Infra Green Active Camoflague Empty Re: [SI:7 R&D RP] Infra Green Active Camoflague

Post by Saevir Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:00 pm

((I'm not sure making an IC excuse for rogues being practically invisible when stealthed is such a good idea in actual RP. There's virtually no flaw to it or any way to ICly counter it aside from making the IC excuse to start jumping all over the place as well. Is that where people want RP to go?))
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:28 pm

From personal experience, I never used stealth icly whenever I'm spying, but this leads to being taken as a cue to get discovered, even if you're hiding in a bush, high in a tree or whatever.
Yes, every single time again.

This will give us a valid reason to use stealth, so, I'm fine with it.

Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:33 am

As stated this will only be used for full tactical gear (PvP gear) In world pvp situations. Just to give it some IC grounding.
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:51 am

Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:04 pm

Raelan/Relithien wrote:From personal experience, I never used stealth icly whenever I'm spying, but this leads to being taken as a cue to get discovered, even if you're hiding in a bush, high in a tree or whatever.
Yes, every single time again.

This will give us a valid reason to use stealth, so, I'm fine with it.

I did that on Mordazan and Marticore, aswell as whispering them I was there. Just to make it fair 'n' square.
But I couldn't get into "hearing" distance... Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:07 am

Research into reducing the size, increasing the mobility and increasing stability was deemed priority within R&D, working around the clock the lil gnomish buggers managed to reduce the unit around 30%. With this brought about side effects:

- Pungeant Odour
- Limited use (20 seconds in earlier reiterations)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrone
- Constant whine in inner ear
- Huge head syndrone
- Chicken feet
- Random outbursts of the oddity known as "lol"
The first 30 prototypes were cumbersome, clunky and just not good enough so work continued and more coffee was imported.

After much toil and wired nights of working around the clock the final prototype was finished. It wasn't until a breakthrough came in the shape of excelled thinking, with this awesome and exciting time of forward thought now upon them Si:7 R&D leaped forward in terms of mobility for the units. Plus the side effects deteriorated dramatically.

Unit 050
With combat tests proving it's worth Unit 050 was put to test in the field. Reports and feedback both concur that the odour is a comprimise they can live with due to the uptime of the Active Camouflage Field. This unit was configured of the power relay, trigger point and active field generators (wires weaved over torso, legs, arms and head) allowing for total mobility, although the field generators would need more work on them to 'be as one' with the soldiers suit.

Unit 052
The final external unit was finished. A marvel in Gnomish tech and Goblin luck, Unit 052 has no side effects and the user is put into the Infra-Green spectrum for aslong as he deems. Although damage still causes the field to rupture and fail. Now with a smaller, light weight power relay now able to be clipped onto a belt which completed the interwoven network of field generators strewn throughout the suit, equipment and activated by the palm trigger it was deemed a success and was brought into Active use.

[SI:7 R&D RP] Infra Green Active Camoflague 558px-10

Fig#1, 2, 3.
The unit once activated generates a Trans-incadecent field that refracts light into the Infra-green spectrum. The process has been clocked at around 1.5 seconds to render the wearer in the most part largley invisible.

[SI:7 R&D RP] Infra Green Active Camoflague 520px-10 [SI:7 R&D RP] Infra Green Active Camoflague 520px-12 [SI:7 R&D RP] Infra Green Active Camoflague 520px-11

Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:48 am

Radios, earpieces, cloaking devices, gnomish trinkets of every kind... Bah. I find all these gadgets just a way to excuse poor RP. Even with a cool presentation like this one Wink
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:55 am

Excuse me? Poor RP?..

Explain..

But before you do I will point out the last line of the very first post as I have a feeling you have overlooked it.

(OOC: Just a small bit as usual to give a little insight in to the thing's were doing in SI:7. This instance being Research and Development RP soley with the focus on giving W-PvP 'Stealth' in our PvP gear some tangible IC grounding. Not really for use in general RP.)
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:05 pm

Damor/Zinkle wrote:Radios, earpieces, cloaking devices, gnomish trinkets of every kind... Bah. I find all these gadgets just a way to excuse poor RP. Even with a cool presentation like this one Wink
I find rogues who pop out of nowhere behind you in broad daylight and without any objects nearby, behind/under which they could have hidden, poor RP. This is actually the exact opposite. But it could just be me :/
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:21 pm

I think people expect Jayse to be like..

"I've identified my target."
*He draws a banana and throws it at the target*
"EXCUSE ME! I'M ABOUT TO ASSASSINATE YOU! I DO HOPE YOU COMPLY BECAUSE I'D RATHER NOT MAKE AN ISSUE OUT OF THIS! HERE I COME! YOU BETTER BE READY!"

They want too much warning. As we say down at the force; If you see Jayse, you are already dead. Or making love. One of the two.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Visceril Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:49 pm

Back when TBC launched I rolled on my first RP realm (belf rogue, <Sagaris D'Silva>,
had fun learning to RP, going with the flow so to speak. It was around a year into TBC that
I had an idea to roll Undead Rogue with the intention to roleplay him as an Apothecary
experimental soldier. Now after some discussions and actual lore insight I just couldn't
justify his existence within current WoW lore.

I was gonna give up until i had a whisper from a well respected RP'er whom said that his guild
RP'd using Goblin tech and Forsaken alchemy to construct a remote controlled plague bomb
that was constructed into one of the Undercity Abominations. Using this server lore as a basis
I went on to enjoy a new released vibrancy towards RP'ing.

So I know this will always touch a nerve but I go by:

Tangible Server Lore > Blizzard Lore

If done with decency, thought through and kinda feasible I roll with it.
Visceril
Visceril

Character sheet
Name: Visceril Strain
Title: Deathstalker

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:25 pm

Redridge Quest in Cata:

IC Communication: Gnomecorder
For this questseries: Quest

Infra-green: Inventor
Used during the entire bombardement quests in Icecrown, it even absorbs spells during.

Even more awesomeness: Gunship drops a Steamtank for the player and his NPC party. (Scroll down to notes)
Here and Here

So, tell me, why wouldn't a secret, state of the art organisation have all this technology before the normal army/citizens?
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:30 pm

Agreed with Visc. It's all good stuff and as said can be taken as basis to develop things but the key thing to remember is that just because something has been put into place in a game mechanics level (such as the InfraGreen shields absorbing damage taken in flight) Doesn't mean it would be wholly feasible/fun to be walking about with a 'HALO' style rechargable shield.

There is room and scope for improvisation, but again.. as with everything.. common sense and good form in thinking of how something will play out IC is the key. So it's half and half in my eyes. If something exists in the game it's quite feasible to adapt the concept into something. But it doesn't mean to take all it's game mechanic properties IC because then it's taking something put in place as a mechanic to stop you getting instagibbed during such a quest as an overpowerd incentive.

However I digress slightly and need to finish the RP to have these units finished and combat ready!

So to quickly summarise:

- The Unit places the wearer in the InfraGreen Spectrum. Rendering the wearer largley invisible unless directly uplclose as to which the refracted light would be apparant to the eye. (You've found a red-rogue in steath quick sap him!)

- The field will dissipate upon either deactivation (You've come out of steath) Or damage is taken either magically or physcially (You walked into an AoE 'GG' or that dirty orc got close enough to hit the WW button and you lose an arm)
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:42 pm

I think people aren't reading this properly and see a big fat 'we can use stealth in RP', this isn't what Jayse is saying, as he said, he would like to make an IC justification for WPVP events for rogues of the SI:7 to use stealth, that is all

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:47 pm

Tashun wrote:I think people aren't reading this properly and see a big fat 'we can use stealth in RP', this isn't what Jayse is saying, as he said, he would like to make an IC justification for WPVP events for rogues of the SI:7 to use stealth, that is all

We have a Winner! Smile
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:06 pm

The only thing im afraid of is some people thinking this can be used as a excuse to go into stealth whenever they want to, even if they have no ties to the SI:7 and so on.
But other than that i feel its a good reason for wpvp stealth, and i love the presentation of it.
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:15 pm

Thankyou Ezl!

Rest assured I run a tight ship. So on SI:7 behalf this will be strict in usage. Given the time/money/expertiese in developing the unit and the 'Predator Class' armour to go hand in hand with it. I highly doubt there is room for excuse in other people using this very concept to stealth IC in a general sense.

In that regard Steath RP is the way forward! (check another thread as i'm too lazy to link)

Massive thanks to Visceril for the work with getting this of the ground *sagenod*
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Saevir Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:22 pm

Ezlbag wrote:The only thing im afraid of is some people thinking this can be used as a excuse to go into stealth whenever they want to, even if they have no ties to the SI:7 and so on.
But other than that i feel its a good reason for wpvp stealth, and i love the presentation of it.

Seeing as this is being touted as an IC way to justify stealth in WPvP, and there is only so many ways to justify it before it gets silly, I doubt that SI:7 will have a monopoly the general concept of it for long.
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:23 pm

I think i saw your SI:7 stealth thread thingy and i must say i liked it quite a lot.
Ive tried to only use stealth in shady spots myself if not avoiding it completely.

But to use a example about what i fear.
The other day we were out mugging innocent civilians as you have to in order to eat. And we encountered a dwarf!
As with any other person we quickly got around him and made it clear that we would proceed to stab him if gold was not presented.
The dwarf then used Vanish and came back 3 seconds later with reinforcements T_T.

I dont think that you or your people will abuse the infra green camo since ive heard you are good rp'ers.
I just really fear that some people will hear about this and start running around abusing it willy nilly, and if confronted with this use the excuse that you guys are using it.
Just felt i had to get that off my chest Razz
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:29 pm

Saevir wrote:
Ezlbag wrote:The only thing im afraid of is some people thinking this can be used as a excuse to go into stealth whenever they want to, even if they have no ties to the SI:7 and so on.

Seeing as this is being touted as an IC way to justify stealth in WPvP, and there is only so many ways to justify it before it gets silly, I doubt that SI:7 will have a monopoly the general concept of it for long.

That depends really. Most people in the W-PvP environment just gloss over the fact and stealth up. Which is perfectly fine and is as should be or your rogue's gonna get pounded very quickly!. But as with all things I try to give them some IC grounding as it gives us more RP as a Warfare Regiment. Just adds that extra sheen to the RP-PvP expereince Smile

Plus, creating R&D roleplay with largley hillarious results and fun for all!
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Saevir Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:55 pm

I'm going to push for Sin Belore to raid your HQ after midnight and steal all your tech :p
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jomir Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:40 pm

Ezlbag wrote:
The other day we were out mugging innocent civilians as you have to in order to eat. And we encountered a dwarf!
As with any other person we quickly got around him and made it clear that we would proceed to stab him if gold was not presented.
The dwarf then used Vanish and came back 3 seconds later with reinforcements T_T.

What was their name?
Jomir
Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:54 pm

Jomir/Nastor/Gannas wrote:
Ezlbag wrote:

What was their name?
The suddenly vanishing one was named Ruffes.
And to quote what went down.
Ruffes throws a smoke bomb on the ground and vanishes.
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next