Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What made you start playing WoW?

+22
Thenkar
Kristeas Sunbinder
Nayan
Chase - Esou
Feydor
Chasity
Skarre
Muzjhath
Jayse
(Goggy) - Exilius
Zhakiri
Dharum
Sylvina
Elízabéth Moren
Sanara
Gesh
Jomir
Cathee Norris
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Valerias
Lilenath/Ilynaeth
Torukan
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What made you start playing WoW? Empty What made you start playing WoW?

Post by Torukan Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:48 pm

I'd like to know what different things made people play WoW,

I started playing after an ex-friend of mine got the game with his cousin, then started going on and on and on and on about it at school, then I went over his house and played a little, started a undead rogue called Gannondorf ( Razz ) cheesy I know, but what really sealed the deal for me was these videos he showed me after:

if it wasn't for those vids, I probs wouldnt of joined

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

What made you start playing WoW? Empty Re: What made you start playing WoW?

Post by Lilenath/Ilynaeth Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:59 pm

First time:
My two friends played it a lot, and I had nothing to talk about to them. I bought it and rolled a dwarf, got to lvl 8, gave up (took a month, I suck)
bought TBC, rolled a belf paladin, got to 28 in 3 months. Gave up, rolled Lilenath, got to 30 in 3 months, took a break

Second Time:
I just got kicked from my favourite RP community and needed to roleplay somewhere. Looked up on WoW, got quite interested. Transferred Lilenath to DB, got to 70 in under a month.
Lilenath/Ilynaeth
Lilenath/Ilynaeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:07 pm

My boyfriend decided to start playing WoW again during TBC after about a year away, and was like 'So... you might like this game, we could play it together.'

I said I doubted it, since I'm not a gamer. So then he logged on and showed it to me, and I gasped: 'You can... see other people? and talk to them? and... whoa, okay, I'm sold!'

And here I am.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:13 pm

Friends of mine told me about the game, and so I went and bought it, played with a bunch of my RL mates on The Venture Co. but after a year or so they stopped playing, and I transferred to Sporeggar a month later with the remainders of the guild I was in at the moment, after they stopped on Sporeggar I moved to DB and have loved it since Very Happy
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:14 pm

lol Aniane, 'IT'S ONLINE, KK I'LL JOIN!'

Kicked from which RP community Lilenath? Shocked

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:19 pm

I'd never heard of an MMORPG before >> I was all agog.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:26 pm

My ex's best friend started to play WoW, then he started to play WoW, then I started to play WoW.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jomir Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:35 pm

Friends all had it, always talked about it at school and was like "Err right, wtf?" I was curious about why they liked it so much and one of my friends explained it to me and slowly got more interested in it. Got the game the coming Christmas though my parents didnt realise you had to pay monthly so it wasnt until february until i got it all downloaded and sorted it out. Friends all played on DB so was all set.
Jomir
Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:52 pm

I've been stalking WOW since plans for them to release it just over a year after Wacraft TFT. I was only about 12/13 then but I use to play Diablo 2 and abit of Lineage 2 here and there. Originally I started out on a PVP server, on my brothers account; Dunemaul I think. Had a Warrior male human called Loco never got him past level 25.

Drifted on and off, to various other mmos. and when I returned, I had already started Rping with some friends on msn; mostly lolrp and some fantasy/naruto shiz.  I got my own account, TBC released. made a draenei mage called Volun, got him to 70 in about 4 months! ^^, Over the next few years I roleplayed with some guildies on The Sha'tar, even re-rolled Volun into a shaman; his emotional imbalance and injury due to a floral infection in his hand; I rped him being infected by a strange plant in STV, it blossoms in your wrist and feeds off your blood in the veins. He lost his connection to the arcane, and found the path of the elements to be the only viable option now, he was very self-hateing due to being quite a noble Draenei who hated the broken/orcs. But soon adapted, became abit of an exile. 

Yada, yada. made him a female draenei come gender changes, rolled a belf lock who is now Vectoria. The Sha'tar got boreing moved here about 4-5 months ago? Deleted my draenei shaman, transfered the belf; made him into Vect.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:13 am

I hated WoW.
I hate WoW.
I never ever wanted to play that pointless crappy game that all went out on pvp and pve that KILLED the lore.
I never ever would play that pointless crappy game that all went out on pvp and pve that KILLED the lore.

My pal on Wc3 told me you can rp on WoW too, and since I RPed alot on Wc3.. I tried it. And I'm still here. D;

Had plenty of "breaks" due to not playing on my own account, wasn't until very late that I got my own. And great cudos to Cyaska for RAFing with me on Vargosh.

I still hate the game.
Its still pointless.
But I'm playing it... because you can roleplay and interact with the lore I love. :3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:37 am

I was a big fan of WarCraft II and StarCraft since they were some of the few games that ran on Mac (also Dark Colony which also contributed to my love for RTSes, but that's neither here nor there) and when WarCraft III came out my cousin got it and gave me a burned CD copy, and I bought my own TFT CD to play the game online and stuff.

Since the way the Mac handled CDs was different from PCs I tended to browse around the CD looking for the PDF manual so I could read a bit of the backstory and look at the cool pictures, when I found the Trailer for World of WarCraft, and I thought it looked pretty neat. In my defense I was twelve and the line of hunters firing rifles and the epic music easily impressed my prepubescent self.

So yeah, I just started playing it shortly after launch because I liked WarCraft. Nothing more to it, really.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Elízabéth Moren Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:40 am

That awesome South Park episode about WoW. ;|
Elízabéth Moren
Elízabéth Moren

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:45 am

Lilenath/Ilynaeth wrote:Second Time:
I just got kicked from my favourite RP community and needed to roleplay somewhere. Looked up on WoW, got quite interested. Transferred Lilenath to DB, got to 70 in under a month.

Waitwut? Where?
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvina Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:08 am

My friends played on private server and invited me too. Played there about half a year up until that server was closed. Then I was like what to do now (hooked) and decided to try the real game. And it was so much better and there was so much more people in everywhere and no bugs. Have been playing almost five years now and still loving it.
Sylvina
Sylvina

Character sheet
Name: Sylvina Fireheart
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dharum Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:30 am

Played since release.

Why?

Uhm, the game looked fancy back then.
Dharum
Dharum

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:32 am

Well, I started due to friends playing it...It was a big upgrade from Runescape ;3

Thankfully all my friends had already chosen Defias to play on, so I followed suit and never regretted my choice in realm. I had a level 32 Warrior or something in Vanilla before I quitted due to computer/money issues. Nearing the end of TBC, I came back as my friend begged me to make a Holy Priest and raid with him, so I did...Unfortunately, more computer issues followed, thankfully all have been sorted and I continued playing. Got to 55 on Nygarth, during the beginning of WotLK, made my Deathknight then Jomir up thar, got me into decent RP with the Underground programme ran by Sophyra aka Imanuel...Everything else is history, never been in a non-RPing guild since.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:35 am

Free Stuff.
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:40 am

Bought the game on release, only realised it was coming out a month before as myself and housemate at the time were up for something co-op but a little different.

Was going to be a tossup between FFX1 - DDO - Anarchy Online ect. I'd never really played a graphical based MMO like this as I used to play a text based MUD during college.

Housemate played WoW for about 2 weeks but couldn't get into it. I however am still playing.

Started on Stormreaver and got into a guild I ended up being with until last year when I migrated to Defias. We moved to Mazrigos when that server opened to follow our biggest horde rivals (Guild called Massive) and then on Maz I got talking to TotalBiscuit and ended up doing some small bits and peices for thier wcradio project at the time. (During the days of EPIC).

Rest is history. Migrated here after a 3 month stint in hospital as I was curious to see how RP was done compared to textbased...

And i'm still here Wink
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilenath/Ilynaeth Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:56 am

Kougor/Tashun/Galavan wrote:lol Aniane, 'IT'S ONLINE, KK I'LL JOIN!'

Kicked from which RP community Lilenath? Shocked

Some Gmod RP server, TaconBanana, though looking back on their forum afterwards, I'm glad I left.
Lilenath/Ilynaeth
Lilenath/Ilynaeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Dharum Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:42 am

Ooo Jayse I originally started on Stormreaver too. Didn't stay there very long though, went ot Earthen Ring and met two hunters, signed their guild charter and the rest is history...

of the Dark Sphere.
Dharum
Dharum

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:47 am

Cool Smile

How long were you one Stormreaver for? I was Jase back then and joined a random guild called <The Black Lotus> Before joining <Horde Hit Squad> during Desolace levelling (both alliance side mind). I migrated here from Darksorrow.
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dharum Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:53 am

I was maybe for two months which I spent levelling various characters. They are all gone now :< Can't really remember even the guild I played in, but it had this awesome paladin who was level 60 allready and gave me free gold and green items *nod*

I was a really bad nub for months and months in WoW, I remember playing my hunter and only using a gray crossbow because it was cool, my damage sucked though.
Dharum
Dharum

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:57 am

So, first a friend of mine spent the better of half a year, eight months trying to get me to play.
I said no, said WoW was a bad game (Something I on many degrees still agree on, especially when it comes to PvP).
The friend in question had already gotten me to play one bad MMO, Ragnarok Online. Which just had addicting music and the joy of killing pink blobs. I was stuck with that game for four years. (While it was one hell of a grind that made WoW back in vanilla seem like heaven, the pvp in that game used to be so awesomly wellballanced).

Then, one day on the guild vent a friend I played RO with said he'd starte playing WoW, the reason he'd been around less. He and some others had been around less. He spent an hour or so talking about the game. Then I started downloading it.
After I spent some time on and off on the US servers late vanilla and Early TBC.
Then, after having taken a break of some months, partly for money reasons, partly for getting a bit tired with mostly playing with people from Cali that first friend got me to roll on the euro servers and specifically DB. Here I am now...

Need to strangle a friend I think.

PS: The south park WoW episode isn't really that good if you've checked a lot of south park.
The humor is sharp yes, but the puns are still not that good and the sarcams far to shallow and unedged.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarre Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:58 am

The girl in the states i was dating played it.
We broke up. moved back to england. picked up wow eu. sever hoped joined DB and So far enjoying it
- just calming down from a little to much drama-
Skarre
Skarre

Location : On a roof watching the star's (( also know to be in south england))

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:03 am

Ha Dharum, don't worry about that. When I was unguilded I spent a month solid just levelling in STV. Going everywhere in Stealth.. Thinking about it now it was purely retarded, but at the time it was amazing. I used to logon and half watch predator at the same time. Mainly levelling at night due to my work/Uni during the day.

Pretty Epic to be fair XD
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next