Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[IC]: Stormwinds' filthy corruption proven.

+4
Zinkle Figgins
Melnerag
Nayan
Sinnadrin
8 posters

Go down

After reading this; do you agree a new council should be -voted- in by the masses? (Excluding evil characters.)

[IC]: Stormwinds' filthy corruption proven. Vote_lcap24%[IC]: Stormwinds' filthy corruption proven. Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 6 ]
[IC]: Stormwinds' filthy corruption proven. Vote_lcap40%[IC]: Stormwinds' filthy corruption proven. Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 10 ]
[IC]: Stormwinds' filthy corruption proven. Vote_lcap12%[IC]: Stormwinds' filthy corruption proven. Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 3 ]
[IC]: Stormwinds' filthy corruption proven. Vote_lcap24%[IC]: Stormwinds' filthy corruption proven. Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 25

[IC]: Stormwinds' filthy corruption proven. Empty [IC]: Stormwinds' filthy corruption proven.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:45 am

*A group of common rather poor looking people seem to be gathered around somewhere, around a young man speaking, he can’t be fully indentified. As he wears a cowl, his blonde sloppily growing beard and long body can be seen though.*

“People of Stormwind, you see them around every day.. yes, I’m talking about those supposed paladins, guards and heroes.. one more glorious than the other, their armour sometimes made out of pure gold, and their weapons hand-crafted by blademasters themselves. They glow, the gear enchanted and the mounts are equally glorious. They certainly are people to respect – Or are they?”

*The crowd falls silent a little, abit puzzled what the man is on about, all knowing the rich paladins around the Cathedral square though.*

“They claim to fight evil, the holy orders and the council. But where do they get their funds? Where does all this armour come from? It seems these people are oblivious to the fact war –COSTS- money and doesn’t produce money. They seem to spend and spend, and do little work in return, chatting up women at bars with rich money, the richest of items and no-one ever seems to doubt them. No-one, but me.

Lets take for example a member off this supposed ‘Chapter’ you see posters from. It seems they are blind to the virtues of the Light, but the new crusade and the disciples are no different.

Lets take on of their members as example. He’s in the possession of armour made off solid gold, hand-smelted and crafted, a glowing enchanted sword and a shield as big as a dining table, wearing the tabard of the chapter. Farglade. Lets just take a accurate look at what this costs. He claims to have deserved this armour, it was granted to him.. but little does he know EVERYTHING costs a price, his golden armour literally is worth its weight in gold, and more.

Golden Handcrafted armour. - 5000 gold.
The finest of swords, crafted by a blademaster. - 500 gold
Enchanting it with magic, the most expensive, of course. - 500 gold
A fine war-bred horse, capable of wearing a heavily
armoured man, and armour itself, fearless. - 1200 gold
Stable costs for this fine horse and training. - 200 gold each year, atleast.
His costs of employment. - 2500 gold each year, atleast.
Additional costs (think armour polishing etc.) - 1000 gold each year, atleast.

This adds up to an amazing - 10500 gold
to even initially have such a man in service. And this is only ONE MAN! 10500 gold!

Now lets look at the costs of feeding a whole, poor, family. Now lets assume it’s a family of 4. And they each eat half a bread and two apples a day.

2x A tough hunk of bread - 50 copper
4x A fresh apple - 1 silver
4x A flask of refreshing spring water - 1 silver
4x Ice Cold Milk - 1,5 silver
4x A set of linen clothing from a local vendor - 10 silver
4x’s a bed at a local inn or housing - 60 silver a night.
2x’s schooling for the children including books. - 40 silver a lesson.
Additional costs - 10 silver a day.

This adds up to a rough 1 gold and 24 silver to provide –basic- schooling, beds, food, water, clothes, housing in general.. now.. for one year this would be around 450 gold. To keep a family of 4 people well-provided and educated decently. This one man, off 10500 gold can keep a whole family alive and properly living and educated for 25 years.

*Realizing the immense cost of this one single person, shocks the crowd clearly, as they’ve fallen completely silent and are just listening in, realizing these paladins and ‘heroes’ are nothing but expensive.*

“We can’t deny guards are needed and they need to be provided with armour, and some even status symbols, but lets see the costs of a –normal- guard.

Iron plated armour, mass-produced. - 25 gold
Training costs and education. - 25 gold a year
Standard sword and shield, mass-produced. - 10 gold
Standard horse, in army stables. - 10 gold
Costs of employment. - 450 gold each year.

One normal armoured and effective guard, 520 gold. INCLUDING fees. This man would be able to provide for a family of 4, offering housing, food, clothing and education for his children.

This one man of 10500 gold could hire 25 guards, for a year, each year. -25- guards could stop more crime than this man, who seemingly just loiters around the Cathedral, ever could. I say lets melt that pure golden armour into golden coins and give them to the poor!

But don’t think others’ are innocent, it gets more crazy. This is just ONE man, these organizations are full off them. I’m talking about the Chapter, the Disciples and the new Crusaders. And what about the Lightbearers? Lets name some names, eh? Darothar, Katrian, Omanos, Rakshine, Gilrod, Farglade, Imanuel, Lilath, Mandui and worst of all, Geldar. He spends more money than anyone else.

They say it was granted, but –everything- in the world costs money. I never seen them commit heroics? And if it costs so much money, why are there still cultists? I just named 8 names, just 8.. that’s not even a lot. There’s like 25 of them. Anyway these eight names could provide for -200- guards, who in turn could provide for 800 people total. Eight people carry the cost of two-hundred guards, who can provide for a total of 800 people in their fees. Imagine what 25 of these could do. Why is there a cultist problem again?

I say fire these expensive supposedly good paladins, who’re just slacking, hire those two-hundred guards, provide for the poor people –and- get rid of the cultists in the meantime.”

*After the realization, it hits them like a gnomish cyrocopter full of bricks.*

“They are the cause of the poverty, they are the reason why the gap between poor and rich is so massive. Because guess where this money comes from? Taxes. And taxes come from the poor and hard-working people.”

*After a few moments of silence, one crowd-member raises his hands, asking a question, swallowing nervously.* “B-But sir.. who allows for this money to be spend that way?”

*The crowd mumbles in agreement – they’d all like to know. The young speaker seems to grin for a moment, continueing.*

“Why the council goes over this, who else? You’ll find that the council themselves are ALL big spenders. And, what a coincidence, the leaders of each of these members.. all have been in the council. Take Rakshine, minister of justice, massive armour, glowing weapons.. leader of the big-spending disciples. Darothar, been in the council.. Dragomir.. Lilath.. Mandui.. and Geldar.”

“Do you see now? The council spends on themselves, makes sure they have it all good, steps on us and spits on us poor people, and solves no problem.. no infact.. you’ll find it to be quite surprised I have facts stating the council –pays- the criminals money, to make sure they don’t cause that much of a ruckus. Let me elaborate.”

“You all know that bar, the Blade, correct? It’s a shady place, and for some reason all the people working there wear thugs’ leather, and knives and glare at you with distrust.. and most of them even have a criminal record.. hundreds and hundreds of gold they make a night, with their expensive drinks.. where does this money go? And why does it seem they only hire criminals?

Sorry to spoil your favourite place, people.. but the Blade is infact run by a criminal organization! Just look at the facts, it’d take a blind fool not to see it. The criminals, the shady basement no-one ever goes too, the people working there. Criminals.. all off them.

I don’t know about you, but how can it be the council never saw this and never decided to fully investigate? I sure made sure to tell them, but it got a blind eye.

The explanation is simple.. Lilath Taylen, minister of trade is infact working for the Blade and gets paid off with dirt money. She’s officially worked for them in the past and I’ve personally seen her disappear into that basement with a shady man and daggers, chat to the manager of that place like they are best friends. The Blade makes sure to pay her, and offer a lot of money for the council, and the council is sure to offer a blind eye upon that place in return.

Criminals win, rich nobles who spend too much win.. and who loses? The people.”

*Gasping the crowd turns quite frustrated, anyone that goes to the Blade now and then knows about these shady people and has seen Lilath there, all friendly with the staff. This man speaks the truth.*

“Don’t be alerted just quite yet.. it goes even deeper.. we all know Mandui, right? The alleged draenic women of questionable morals inside of the council. By one, how come there’s a draenei in the council? That’s, I believe, out of place and forbidden.. seeing as how draenei only arrived a few years ago.. no way she could have been properly educated and whatnot to archieve that position. And secondly.. she’s an open shadowpriest. A corrupted shadowpriest, yes!”

*The crowd begins to make noise, rumour and turn quite angry, as the speaker only fuels them further by shouting “And the council knows off this! THEY PUT HER THERE!” he waits patiently untill the crowd stops.*

“She’s in charge of funding the cultists. Its an easy deal I’ve seen official documents off. Mandui is a cultist, put in the council for power, offers the cultists money and stuff to stay away from Stormwind and high political parties.. and focus only upon the poor. Upon the people that won’t be missed. The Sphere is infact working for the council, and any opposers and people asking questions are quickly met with a cultist, sent by Mandui, no doubt. How else would the cultists get their armour and weapons?

They needed funding too, tax money and Blade money.. and where did the Blade get its money again? Right, from us, the people, the costumers. So we pay, twice, for cultists, for rich armours.. for corruption. All our tax money is wasted and thrown away at the hands off the council. Spending it on themselves and evil.

And who pays the price with poverty? Us people! The people always pay.

“I’m sure you all remember the Blazing Shields? They who refused to listen to the council, arrested real cultists and fought back and took over Darkshire? They gave Geldar the finger, they offered normal pricing fees and costumes.. they really did something, arrest pirates and checking up on people..

It will come to no surpise that the council took their rights, stopped their money flow and had them disbanded because they wouldn’t fit in their corrupting scheme. A whole regiment of good guards, disbanded because they didn’t meet the councils’ corrupt requirements.

“Can we even vote? I sure never voted for any council? And where are the official books about what –really- happens with our tax money? Its about damn time we get back our freedom, our money and our rights.. and swath Stormwind from this corruption.. by voting a new, clear council. One who will hire those 200 guards, swath any cultist and any small army of evildoers and enter Stormwind into a new age of wealth.. for everyone. Not just the rich and filthy.”

*The crowd eagerly agrees, nodding to each other. Pondering what could be the solution.*

“The council isn’t all powerful however. They might rule every aspect – good and evil – but we can strike back. Its up to us to spit on those ‘holy’ guards, to spit on the council, and take back our money – even if by force. Think about this, think about what you truly want for the people and I will come back here, come back to you with the final solution if you are willing to help.”

“Its time we get Stormwind back. Its time the people rise! For the people! For Stormwind!”

Open your eyes people!

OOC:
Before you burst out in crazyness, this is IC. A text made up, it can be riddled with lies, half-truths and manipulation, it doesn’t have to be based on truth, only on perception and likeliness. Whatever I said could be a lie or a truth, its not metagaming, not using knowledge my character doesn’t possess, its just quite a clear observation of turns of events, riddled with possible lies and evident truths.

Back to top Go down

[IC]: Stormwinds' filthy corruption proven. Empty Re: [IC]: Stormwinds' filthy corruption proven.

Post by Sinnadrin Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:07 am

After reading this; do you agree a new council should be -voted- in by the masses? (Excluding evil characters.)
Hahaha! Why not overthrow the oppressive monarch and proclaim the First Republic in the name of the Great Stormwind Revolution while you're at it?

One would be amused.
Sinnadrin
Sinnadrin

Character sheet
Name: Lord Sinnadrin Sunfury
Title: Sun King Aspirant

Back to top Go down

[IC]: Stormwinds' filthy corruption proven. Empty Re: [IC]: Stormwinds' filthy corruption proven.

Post by Nayan Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:09 am

At first glance, it was well written, well played, stirs up some reactions for the Council to try to tone down. I see no wrong in it, in good faith ^^

PS: (apart from the Poll Razz That is adding the element of trying to enforce it and kinda negates the good faith in reading the text Wink Although the "YES WE CAN" did make me chuckle XD )
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:11 am

Nayan wrote:At first glance, it was well written, well played, stirs up some reactions for the Council to try to tone down. I see no wrong in it, in good faith ^^

PS: (apart from the Poll Razz That is adding the element of trying to enforce it and kinda negates the good faith in reading the text Wink Although the "YES WE CAN" did make me chuckle XD )
The people are very angry! /nods [IC]: Stormwinds' filthy corruption proven. Icon_evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:18 am

In either case, if not enforcing it and acting passive, one won't archieve a thing!
I guess the real stirring starts when I post it on the realm forums when I get back home.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:00 pm

Go for it^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:04 pm

I'm sorry, I enjoyed reading it and leaving it to the people to act/idle/react, but stating "the people are angry" just cause you claim so, is just wrong in my eyes. I can write a small story and state that "the people are angry at that "This man spreads lies". (and everyone knows I'm not part of the Council in ANY way, nor have I ever been anywhere NEAR the Council Wink ). I just find it a bit on the Powerplay side. *shrug*
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:09 pm

Nayan wrote:I'm sorry, I enjoyed reading it and leaving it to the people to act/idle/react, but stating "the people are angry" just cause you claim so, is just wrong in my eyes. I can write a small story and state that "the people are angry at that "This man spreads lies". (and everyone knows I'm not part of the Council in ANY way, nor have I ever been anywhere NEAR the Council Wink ). I just find it a bit on the Powerplay side. *shrug*

'The people' refers to the small group of random people that was there, not everyone or all civilians, just that small handfull of random people, who could for all I know be the guys friends.. it was just to tell the tale, incorporate some.. it has no real addition. Its nto a specific group people, its not -all- people.. just a small band of random people for the RP story value.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:19 pm

Ah, I see. Misunderstanding on the use of the indefinite "the people" then Smile
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:17 pm

You've brought up a mighty valid point! *hunts Farglade down and smelts his armour* Proletarians unite! Let us strip those paladins of the gilded armor and proclaim the righteous rule of Anethion! "Holy Republic of Stormwind"

And yea, I think we should discuss Chapter-member appearance, because looking rich and shiny was not the intention. Something,somewhere went wrong!

*this is not an IC response*

PS: Dragomir was wearing a leather armor! Nothing shiny there
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:32 pm

Marx approves this topic.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tso/Feloreth Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:10 pm

Revolution!
Tso/Feloreth
Tso/Feloreth

Back to top Go down

Post by avaiel Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:40 pm

Elves unite, we shall hug our trees till the silly humans are done playing!
avaiel
avaiel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexius Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:54 pm

Aesthetic wrote:Lets take for example a member off this supposed ‘Chapter’ you see posters from. He’s in the possession of armour made off solid gold, hand-smelted and crafted, a glowing enchanted sword and a shield as big as a dining table, wearing the tabard of the chapter. Farglade. Lets just take a accurate look at what this costs.

Golden Handcrafted armour. - 5000 gold.
The finest of swords, crafted by a blademaster. - 500 gold
Enchanting it with magic, the most expensive, of course. - 500 gold
A fine war-bred horse, capable of wearing a heavily
armoured man, and armour itself, fearless. - 1200 gold
Stable costs for this fine horse and training. - 200 gold each year, atleast.
His costs of employment. - 2500 gold each year, atleast.
Additional costs (think armour polishing etc.) - 1000 gold each year, atleast.

This adds up to an amazing - 10500 gold
to even initially have such a man in service. And this is only ONE MAN! 10500 gold!

[i]“We can’t deny guards are needed and they need to be provided with armour, and some even status symbols, but lets see the costs of a –normal- guard.

Iron plated armour, mass-produced. - 25 gold
Training costs and education. - 25 gold a year
Standard sword and shield, mass-produced. - 10 gold
Standard horse, in army stables. - 10 gold
Costs of employment. - 450 gold each year.

One normal armoured and effective guard, 520 gold. INCLUDING fees. This man would be able to provide for a family of 4, offering housing, food, clothing and education for his children.

This one man of 10500 gold could hire 25 guards, for a year, each year. -25- guards could stop more crime than this man, who seemingly just loiters around the Cathedral, ever could.

Yes hire more guards! More Stormwind Rangers! cheers
Lexius
Lexius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:39 pm

You aint touching that armour.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexius Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:39 pm

Gorge&Clay wrote:You aint touching that armour.

*puts his hand on the armor*
Lexius
Lexius

Back to top Go down

Post by Jomir Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:00 pm

*Jomir mourns the death of Lexius*
Jomir
Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexius Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:02 pm

Jomir wrote:*Jomir mourns the death of Lexius*

Little premature. Rather alive.
Lexius
Lexius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down