Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gilneas, The New Death Knights?

+16
Nayan
Gnar
Ledgic
Flo
Dorik Thunderbelly
Gahalla
Clifton
Kristeas Sunbinder
Gunnell
Zinkle Figgins
Jakins
Gesh
avaiel
Dharum
Mandui
Magaskawee/Anaei
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Worgen. Yes? No? Maybe?

Gilneas, The New Death Knights? - Page 2 Vote_lcap43%Gilneas, The New Death Knights? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 21 ]
Gilneas, The New Death Knights? - Page 2 Vote_lcap27%Gilneas, The New Death Knights? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 13 ]
Gilneas, The New Death Knights? - Page 2 Vote_lcap30%Gilneas, The New Death Knights? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 15 ]

Total Votes : 49

Gilneas, The New Death Knights? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gilneas, The New Death Knights?

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:22 pm

It's the Gilneans, who are offering it. But as I said, i'll see how cata goes.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Gilneas, The New Death Knights? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gilneas, The New Death Knights?

Post by Dorik Thunderbelly Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:27 pm

I'm allready stocking up on Truesilver bullets for all those "New Moon" wannabes. Just like DK's I fear that only few will play a Worgen as they should instead of loling around.
Dorik Thunderbelly
Dorik Thunderbelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Clifton Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:33 pm

Can we all at least give the worgen role-play a chance? It seems a lot of you are knocking it before it's happened. Sure, they'll be a few of Goldshire standards but they don't get better due to auto-judge and shun. The worgen have a great back story and once played a major role in the alliance, them re-joining will create many issues in diplomacy, general social events etc.

Clifton

Back to top Go down

Post by Flo Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:51 pm

During the two Scourge invasions (Naxxramas release, and WotLK Pre-Event) if the Scurdge flew Necropollis' over inhbaitable areas like Tanaris and unpopular areas like Azhara then it's very like they did so with Gilneas and Kerzan as well.
Gilneas would have fallen if a Necropolis had come over the wall. They wouldn't have been in a state to defend themselves from both the Scourge and the Worgen :/

Canonically, any and all Worgen Death Knight should be considered Grizzly Hill Wolfcult - not, not Gilnean. Please. There might be some Silverpine specimens, experiments taken from Amberpine when the princes dropped by, but the fact remains that the scourge did not get past the wall.
That, and I've actually come to be in the firm belief that they came up with the [GH] Arugal plot, to open the way for Worgen in Arthas' army.

One, the gilneans are as far as we know the only ones with access to the cure (and they'll probably keep it as secret as they can to prevent anyone from tampering with it).
Provided it is the Elves who finally cure them (in a sense), and not the Gilneans themselves, doubtfull. Convincing a Gilnean to pass the curse onto you, however, is another matter entirely. Gilneas did not like Strom, and I imagne the feeling would be mutual. Nor do I imagne any Worgen giving the curse freely to anyone.
Still, I'm not opposed to the idea of the curse spreading after the Gilneans join the Alliance as a whole - because its going to happen, and on a larger scale than we're probably thinking of now.

I'd like to put together/join a cult on a new character in the making into the fanatic idea of 'blessing' themselves with the Worgen curse to satisfy the obsession and greed for power.
I very much like this, actually. And I'd imagne that certain NPCs would feel the same way.
Flo
Flo

Character sheet
Name: Sanaje
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:40 pm

In an RP sense the worgen present the same danger that death knights did, yeah. Chances are we'll have to deal with some rubbish roleplaying for a bit and then it'll die down, though I'm hoping the worgen actually develop a community, since it's rather dead for death knight's at present.

But I voted not feeling strongly either way, 'cause.. I don't. Whatever, if it doesn't screw my RP up I don't really care.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Gnar Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:25 am

I look forward to seeing the Alliance trying to ban them, since 90% of the alliance population will be Worgen for the first 2 months in Cata. Same as if Horde tried to outlaw Goblins as tricksters... we'd be overwhelmed by the short, green tide.

Gnar

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:09 am

Something that doesn't make much sense to me, is how people feel "Worgen can't be DK's, lorelol", but they're fine with Forsaken DK's. Yep. Perfect sense. "sup gusy. i died to the plague, was risen by LK-san, Sylvanas freed me, but somehow I was under LK-san's commands again, as a DK, but now I am free -again-. Y'know. Sorta like Kael'thas. And Valanar. And Keleseth. And Kael'thas. Yes. I know I said it more than once. /care."

Chill out and don't spend too much time in philosophical debates, I say. Good RP will be good RP, no matter the background. Bad RP will be bad RP, no matter the background. You can have an excellent RP'er take an edgy background and work wonders with it, to the point it doesn't even bother you to think about it (unless ofc you are prejudiced and on HOLY CRUSADE HOOOOOO), and you can have 43534534 "rp'ers" taking a perfectly normal background and making it so horrible that even Mary Sue would burst to tears.

Live and let live, do the best you can do.
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarre Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:55 am

i like them,
as for rp i judge every one on a one to one. and wont write of a class/race due to a few people
Skarre
Skarre

Location : On a roof watching the star's (( also know to be in south england))

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:26 am

Gnar wrote:I look forward to seeing the Alliance trying to ban them, since 90% of the alliance population will be Worgen for the first 2 months in Cata. Same as if Horde tried to outlaw Goblins as tricksters... we'd be overwhelmed by the short, green tide.

Goblins will be the new Dreanei (Err... underplayed compared to the other race, not lesbian tail cyb0r). On Burning Crusade launch day on Defias I decided to make a Dreanei at peak hours (Around 5:00pm when everybody was rushing home to play) and found the zone almost completely deserted bar a few Shamans who rolled such for their raiding guilds. Heck, there weren't even 'that' many Blood Elves either from what you'd expect.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:17 pm

Nayan wrote:Something that doesn't make much sense to me, is how people feel "Worgen can't be DK's, lorelol", but they're fine with Forsaken DK's. Yep. Perfect sense. "sup gusy. i died to the plague, was risen by LK-san, Sylvanas freed me, but somehow I was under LK-san's commands again, as a DK, but now I am free -again-. Y'know. Sorta like Kael'thas. And Valanar. And Keleseth. And Kael'thas. Yes. I know I said it more than once. /care."

Chill out and don't spend too much time in philosophical debates, I say. Good RP will be good RP, no matter the background. Bad RP will be bad RP, no matter the background. You can have an excellent RP'er take an edgy background and work wonders with it, to the point it doesn't even bother you to think about it (unless ofc you are prejudiced and on HOLY CRUSADE HOOOOOO), and you can have 43534534 "rp'ers" taking a perfectly normal background and making it so horrible that even Mary Sue would burst to tears.

Live and let live, do the best you can do.

I believe the idea with Forsaken Death Knights is that they rotted a bit before being made DKs.. Not died again, then risen again. xD
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:18 pm

What if... it was a secret experiment by the forsaken to turn worgen into dk's, but it didn't work in combination with the worgen curse/virus/whatever.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:45 pm

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:What if... it was a secret experiment by the forsaken to turn worgen into dk's, but it didn't work in combination with the worgen curse/virus/whatever.

It kind of would be our style.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:45 pm

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:What if... it was a secret experiment by the forsaken to turn worgen into dk's, but it didn't work in combination with the worgen curse/virus/whatever.

I think that's the 'epitimy' of wanting this to work 'too much'.

I don't see why someone would WANT a Worgen Dk, the Lich King is dead. What can you rp without people saying, "Yeah, Arthas is dead. Your mission is complete. Kill yourself."
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:47 pm

Anaei/Vezullia/Minua wrote:
I don't see why someone would WANT a Worgen Dk.

Why wouldn't they, it be a good slap in the face.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:48 pm

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:
Anaei/Vezullia/Minua wrote:
I don't see why someone would WANT a Worgen Dk.

Why wouldn't they, it be a good slap in the face.

No it's a way to be ignored by the general rping community.. xD
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:52 pm

Are we talking ic or ooc now, becaus i'm thinking ic.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakins Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:42 pm

It'd be fine if the Worgen was a Silverbrook guy, or something I'm sure. The Lich King had Worgen slaves in-game.

I mean, with the Lich King dead, wouldn't his hold be like...gone? Especially with so-and-so now with the power.
Jakins
Jakins

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgaenhail Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:52 pm

I'm sorry to bring this in, but...

Spoiler:
Morgaenhail
Morgaenhail

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:50 pm

...Or just Gilnean Necromancer..? Working amongst the shadows.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakins Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:00 pm

...Nooooo.

Just nooooo. That's what Worgen Warlocks are for.

That's another thing! Nobody's saying anything about the Worgen Warlocks.
Jakins
Jakins

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:22 pm

Well The Dark arts are common, so common infact they proably had plently of people in Gilneas studying it and being able to teach it before the gate closed. What.. You think everyone in Gilneas was excited about being exiled off? XD
I bet there was one gilneas necromancer like..

" Yeah! I'm gonna go start a huge zombie army and take over the world!

Greymane: STFU! Were closing the gate.

FUFUFUFUFU ".
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:49 pm

Madel/Vectoria/Koblitz wrote:" Yeah! I'm gonna go start a huge zombie army and take over the world!

Greymane: Copyright by Arthas, you're too late. Closing the gates!

Fixed.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2