Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pest Control (Eothan)

Go down

Pest Control (Eothan) Empty Pest Control (Eothan)

Post by Ledgic Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:49 pm

‘Pest Control’

It was early evening in Stormwind city; the turning of the tide would soon wash over it in a wave of crime and shady dealings. Eothan smirked at the very idea of it as he slowly walked towards his home, his hands in his pockets. His experiment with shadow flame had been a success and with that success came a sense of invigoration, as though he could feel the new strength he had achieved with every step. He stopped outside the entrance to the alleyway that led to his home and peered around him.

Eothan had experienced a small time battle with Vanith Caan the previous night, discovering that Vanith had returned with the sole purpose of killing him. At first Eothan had been shocked at the idea that he would return to dispose of a man he had released from his camp during the ordeal with Ledgic and Valerias. Only now he was beginning to see why, as he took a step inside and walked through to enter the alleyway he knew that Vanith was trying to kill him purely to get to the two remaining Caans. He knew that both of them had some form of connection to Eothan, through that he was sure that both Ledgic and Vale would be angered or saddened by his death.

Eothan stepped out into the alleyway and turned his head. A smirk formed on his face as he turned to face the figure stood in front of his door. He slowly eyed the figure up and down, taking in it’s hooded appearance, a single hand with a blade in it slowly making it’s way from beneath the over cloak.

“I’ve already seen your face, Vanith, a hood will not hide the shame of your face from me” said Eothan as he slowly slid his hands from his pockets. Vanith slowly looked up and pulled the hood down, revealing a menacing grin on his face. He pointed the blade at Eothan and carefully unclipped the over cloak, letting it fall to the floor.

“Still with the sharp words, I see. Well, you’ll need a lot more than a few poison coated remarks to deal with me, Dawn”

“It’s a good thing I have more than that then, isn’t it? You and I have a few things to settle… but there is something I need to tell you” Eothan stepped closer as he spoke, pausing as he stopped. “I am going to kill you here tonight, Vanith. For the connection you’ve given me and for everything you could have done to either of them”

Vanith continued to grin and shook his head. “Oh, you’re going to kill me because I’ve been less than friendly to Valerias and Ledgic, really? I think you and I both know that Ledgic isn’t really part of it” said Vanith as he launched the blade towards Eothan.

Realising he was foolish to step as close as he did, Eothan simply braced himself as the blade pierced his shoulder, letting out a groan as it did so. He stumbled back and lifted a hand to the blade, taking a firm grip of its hilt. This was so much more than just a fight to Eothan; this was his chance to prove himself, not only to himself but also to her. He yanked the blade from his shoulder and threw it on the ground, growling as Vanith dashed forward to punch him forcefully in the stomach. Vanith stepped back and laughed as Eothan fell to one knee, a hand clutching his shoulder wound while he wrapped his other arm around his stomach. He let out a slight cough as something flashed before him.

--
“Why do you always protect people, Ledgic? You’ve had nothing but shit from anyone you’ve dared to attach yourself to… why you keep going out of your way for people like that?”

Ledgic turned his head and smirked at Eothan, a look that Eothan knew very well. Every time Ledgic looked at him he felt as though he was missing something, like Ledgic knew one simple thing that Eothan did not.

“It ain’ abou’ why I do it, mate. I do it ‘cause me’ ‘ead n’ ‘eart won’ let me leave ‘em on their own like that. Sure, I get ‘urt all th’time but I’m used t’it. I’ve felt pretty much every pain there is, I know wha’ t’expect n’ ‘ow t’andle it. Na’ everybody ‘as tha’. But if y’really wanna know why, s’cause I don’ underestimate th’power o’ ‘avin’ attachments t’people. I’ll never stop believin’ in love or friendship, na’ matter ‘ow dark me’ life gets, never”
--

Eothan shook his head and laughed quietly, he still found some of the things that Ledgic said to be ridiculous, however he was now experiencing what friendship and feelings meant, even if he thought he would never experience love.

“If I were not a Caan, I’d tell you that I feel sorry for you, Dawn. One little mouse getting caught in a den of snakes”

Eothan lifted his head and winced as Vanith swiftly punched him in the jaw, sending him straight to the ground. He grumbled as he turned and rested on his back, taking the hand from his shoulder wound. Vanith stepped forward and loomed over him, his laughter breaking the silence as the tide of the city continued to change before Eothan’s eyes.

“Well then, little mouse. I’m afraid it’s time for you to die but believe me; it’ll be the start of something wonderful. I’m going to kill you, in their rage Ledgic and Valerias will attempt to kill me and die in the process. Then as I have realised is the only way for the Caans to be united once again, I will kill myself. Azeroth will be free of us and who knows? Perhaps you’ll join us, what with that lovely ‘connection’ of yours”

Vanith took another blade from his armour and swiftly moved to bring it down on Eothan. He growled as Eothan shot a hand up and caught his wrist and gripped it firmly. Vanith continued to try and push down on Eothan and continued to growl as Eothan continued to hold it in place.

“Fine then! I’ll make some noise!” yelled Vanith as he pointed his free hand at Eothan and laughed as it burst into flames. Eothan watched as the flames licked at the air in front of his face and smirked. He lifted his own free hand as it began to crackle violently with shadow flame.

“You underestimate me, Vanith. Just like the rest of them, I have done what I needed to do to be able to protect them. I have sacrificed and been in agony for days for this one chance to prove that I will not be trifled with. I am not an easy target and I am capable of defending them!” yelled Eothan as he slammed his hand around Vanith’s fire-covered palm.

Vanith raised his eyebrows and tried to pull himself free as the shadow flame began to engulf his own fire, twisting and changing it. He looked down at Eothan and frowned heavily at the smirk on his face. He yelled loudly as he sharply turned to see his hand and arm engulfed in shadow flame, the pain piercing him deeply.

“Your blood boiling is the least of your problems, friend” said Eothan as he forcefully threw Vanith’s other arm away from him and pointed a finger at Vanith’s chest, he began to mutter under his breath before forming a seal in the air with his finger and grinning.

“W-…what have you done?” said Vanith as he dropped his dagger and clutched at his chest. He had felt this before; it was the same curse that Valerias had used during their battle in Elwynn.

Eothan released Vanith’s hand and slid from beneath him, slowly getting to his feet as Vanith fell to his knees. Eothan watched as Vanith continued to grip his chest painfully, his other arm slowly being consumed by the shadow flame. Vanith looked up at Eothan, the shadow flame flittering across his field of vision. He had been bested by a con man, a man whose only weapon was his tongue. That was not the truth however; he had underestimated Eothan Dawn’s abilities and how much he could feel.

“I’m going to let you linger for a moment, the curse will not kill you. But I’ve every intention of letting you watch as your arm finally becomes ash” said Eothan as he brought a hand to his shoulder wound, gently massaging it.

Vanith turned his head in horror as the shadow flame dispersed, revealing nothing but charred bone and some remnants of muscles. He coughed violently as his blood continued to thin due to the curse, his heart beginning to pump uncontrollably.

“Spare me” he muttered as he slowly turned his head to look up at Eothan, his eyes slowly welling up.

“You’re asking the wrong man, I am not Ledgic Caan” said Eothan as he flicked his dagger from its hilt and caught it. Vanith shook his head and began to shout as Eothan stepped forward and in one swift movement, sliced his throat.

Eothan stepped back after silencing Vanith and watched as his body slumped forward, his forehead slamming against the ground. He threw the dagger to the floor and stared at the corpse for a moment.

“I hope your soul ends up somewhere shit, Vanith Caan. Somewhere you can’t get to her or my child” he said as he lifted his hand back to the shoulder wound, ignoring the bruising on his jaw and stomach.
Ledgic stepped out into the alleyway with his blades drawn and stared for a moment at the scene. He looked up at Eothan as he turned his head to look at Ledgic.

“Y’look like crap”

“I met your ex wife, Ledgic. You’ve been with worse”

Ledgic chuckled and stepped forward, kicking Vanith’s corpse over with a foot and nodded at the sight of Vanith’s face. He raised an eyebrow as he took in the slit throat and charred arm.

“Y’killed him” he muttered as he looked up at Eothan again.

“Yes, I did. Do me a favour and dispose of the body, I’ve a stab wound to deal with” said Eothan.

Ledgic nodded as he and Eothan stepped inside his house.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down