Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Consequences" (Eothan)

Go down

"Consequences" (Eothan) Empty "Consequences" (Eothan)

Post by Ledgic Sat May 15, 2010 5:23 pm

“Consequences”

“Such a mistake, little Caan”

Relkan quickened his pace to keep up with Maldrin as the two of them walked through Stormwind with purpose. Not long ago they had discovered that Alcora was missing from their camp, the signs left behind all pointed towards one thing; Ledgic had taken her prisoner.

It had taken a few days before they could tell Vanith of the situation, due to him being away searching for a way to take Ledgic out of their fight. After speaking with Vanith about it and exchanging some not so friendly words for a while, Vanith had explained that if they were to attack his people in retaliation, that it would likely seal Alcora’s death. He had sent them to Stormwind to capture Eothan Dawn, the man he had previously beaten and branded. Vanith was certain that Ledgic would simply exchange one life for another, allowing Vanith to take a small amount of time to fully perfect his coma inducing spell and allow Maldrin to quit his pissing and moaning.

Maldrin turned on his heels and walked through a dark tunnel leading out to the bridge near the Dwarven district, he grunted as Relkan finally increased his pace enough to walk beside him. Vanith had already told them both what Eothan was capable of, the fact he used the shadow to aid him in battle. The thought of fighting a warlock rubbed Maldrin the wrong way, there was just too much to consider in a fight like that and he didn’t appreciate the effort.

‘Sa’… ‘ow’d ye reckon we should do this?’ said Relkan as he peered at Maldrin. He was being careful with his words and even his mannerisms, he knew exactly what Maldrin was like when he was angry. He couldn’t really be bothered to imagine exactly what was going through his mind right now.

‘S’simple, ain’ it? We get in there, we deck ‘im an’ we feck off back t’th’camp wit’ ‘im’ said Maldrin quickly; there was a hint of fire in his words. ‘Y’know, it migh’ na’ be as feckin’ simple as tha’. Y’eard Vanith, this blokes a warlock’ said Relkan as he frowned.

Maldrin stopped in his tracks as they reached the entrance to Cutthroat alley. He looked at Relkan and grabbed the collar of his shirt. ‘We’ll make it tha’ feckin’ simple. We rough th’bloke up, we take ‘im back an’ we get me’ feckin’ wife back, y’got tha’?’ he said as he pushed Relkan back, releasing his shirt as he finished speaking.

‘I ain’ got time t’be worryin’ abou’ wha’ this bloke can do’ he growled as he turned and walked through the small storage area and out into the alley. Relkan grumbled and followed him. As he emerged into the alleyway he could see Maldrin peering through a window into Eothan’s house and swiftly moved towards him.

‘’e in there?’ he said quietly. Maldrin simply shook his head and knelt down. Relkan peered down before doing the same and nudged Maldrin with an elbow. ‘Th’feck y’wanna do? ‘e could be upstairs y’know’ ‘S’na late enough fer tha’, Vanith wen’ fer th’bloke a lo’ later n’ this n’ ‘e was awake. S’gotta be ou’’ said Maldrin as he stood up again and walked away from the house. Relkan followed as he threw his arms in the air. ‘Wha’ now then? Getting tired o’ followin’ ye!’ he grumbled as they both walked into the storage area connecting the alley to the city. Maldrin peered at the boxes on his right and moved to start pulling them forward, grunting and groaning as he made enough room behind them to hide. He turned his head and looked at Relkan with a slight smirk on his face.

‘We ‘ide n’ wait’ he said as he climbed over a box and sat behind it. With a very deep sigh, Relkan followed suit and joined him. ‘I feel like a friggin’ kid’ he whispered. ‘Y’id be’ind boxes a lo’ when y’were a kid then?’ he whispered as he raised an eyebrow. ‘’eck, was th’only way t’lose Vanith sometimes. ‘e though’ ‘is rank meant I ‘ad t’do everythin’ fer ‘im’ whispered Relkan. Maldrin chuckled quietly and shook his head, ‘Yeah, ye got th’short end o’ th’stick back then’

----

As time passed by, Maldrin and Relkan waited patiently. They lifted their heads at the sound of footsteps stopping outside the entrance. They looked at each other and nodded, shifting quietly to get a decent footing.

“Of course I’m not lying, you and I will go to Dalaran for a steamy weekend! Now, toddle off, I’ve some business to take care of” said Eothan as he waved off another pair of breasts he would never be able to put a name to.

As he turned and stepped into the corridor, Maldrin and Relkan leaped from behind the boxes, Maldrin plummeting a forceful punch into Eothan’s face. Relkan slipped to the side as Eothan stumbled, only to give him a punch to the gut. Eothan groaned loudly as he fell to his knees and slammed a hand on the floor. He wasn’t sure of their exact identities, but he could guess. There was a distinct logic in Eothan’s immediate assumption; the Caans would take him to secure Alcora’s safe return.

As he tried to stand, Maldrin slammed his fist into the back of Eothan’s head, forcing him down to the ground again, his nose colliding with the hard wood.

“Wha’d I tell ye? Piece o’ piss” said Maldrin as he looked at Relkan. “Yeh well, s’not get all cocky abou’ it ye dick. S’get ‘im back t’th’camp”.

--
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down