Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] The Jinyu Force <UPDATED>

+2
Ixirar
Reyxor/Dlaqev/Lucag
6 posters

Go down

[A] The Jinyu Force <UPDATED> Empty [A] The Jinyu Force <UPDATED>

Post by Cado Thu May 04, 2017 9:22 pm

You come across a recruitment poster. The title of the poster says in large thicke letters "JOIN THE FORCE!". The message under the title goes as follows:

"I, Cado, after a long pilgrimage in Pandaria, am looking for the strongest warriors, fighters and spellcasters of Azeroth and other worlds to join the Jinyu Force. We are a mercenary organisation with the constant mission to prove our might to the rest of Azeroth! Together we shall become the strongest, the mightiest and the richest!

Join the Force and I promise you a handsome wage and battle experience that shall help you ascend to the next level of power!"

OOC

Who are the Jinyu Force?

We are a shady/evil mercenary-type guild that has a very basic goal, to become the strongest and wealthiest. This is ofcourse a far too ambitious goal and will never be achieved.
This guild's name is DBZ-inspired, however this doesn't mean the guild is one big spoof of DBZ. I know how little people would enjoy that and it's important that the concept works within the WoW universe. A few of the Ginyu Force elements are integrated in the culture of the guild (e.g. striking poses, the occasional goofiness besides the seriousness and the identity of being an elite mercenary force), however I intend to have Pandaria influences aswell, hoping to eventually develop it into it's own thing. The guild mainly revolves around completing mercenary contracts in order to gain money, pursueing our own agenda; obtaining artefacts and gold etc. and sparring each other in order to become more powerful.

The Jinyu Force derive from Pandaria and was once a troop only consisting of Jinyu heroes. However they were forced to recruit outsiders not long after the invasion of the Azerothian forces as they were slowly derailing from their good-nature.

Why the Jinyu Force?

The OOC goal the guild has is that it's a more light-hearted/comedic guild with a very basic idea and thus bring a "fresh breeze" to the community. We embrace members that don't take their characters too seriously and are less nuanced with their characters. This however does not mean by any case that I am striving for a trolling guild or intend to not follow the lore. We will behave accordingly, strive to  be a positive influence to the community as a whole and restrict ourselves to the lore. The guild is very RP beginner-friendly and we highly encourage active IC behaviour in events.

What sort of characters fit in the guild?

I happily accept a wide range of characters! Class does not matter at all. I leave it for you to decide if you find your character and yourself fitting to the setting of the guild. I take alts gladly and even accept people who don't want an OOC guild membership.

Events

To start the guild off with we shall mainly have Random RP, attend public events and have one organised RP-event per week. This will hopefully make the guild very alt- and people with busy lifes-friendly. PvE or PvP events may be added later if there is enough interest.

If  you are interested to join, have any questions, remarks or anything else please leave them here, pm me or whisper me on Cado-DefiasBrotherhood

Last edited by Cado on Sun May 07, 2017 10:22 pm; edited 4 times in total
Cado
Cado

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[A] The Jinyu Force <UPDATED> Empty Re: [A] The Jinyu Force <UPDATED>

Post by Perturbo Thu May 04, 2017 10:57 pm

Litterally the worst thing ever posted here
Perturbo
Perturbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cado Thu May 04, 2017 11:17 pm

It is certainly something different. If the majority of the community agrees with you, the whole thing wont happen as easy as that.
Cado
Cado

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Fri May 05, 2017 7:53 am

Asshat just likes to take a dump on things he didn't think up himself. I've read the DBZ comics myself but I have a hard time finding how to properly put that into WoW. Nevertheless, I wish you luck with the project.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 05, 2017 8:45 am

I'm cautious about the concept but that's just me (not a fan of "inspired by X" things myself).

But as long as it makes sense in a WoW-lore perspective I suppose I wish you luck with the idea, at the very least you might be able to provide some amusement with your IC antics.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cado Fri May 05, 2017 9:37 am

He is named after a vegetable.. Asperagus.. Though you are probably trolling at this point.
Cado
Cado

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Fri May 05, 2017 1:58 pm

perturbo wrote:Litterally the worst thing ever posted here

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Asperga wrote:He is named after a vegetable.. Asperagus.. Though you are probably trolling at this point.

Don't even pretend you don't know what you're doing lol. The vegetable is Asparagus. There's no e in asparagus.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cado Fri May 05, 2017 2:12 pm

It certainly was not my intention. However if people that active ICly feel offended by it I may change it.
Cado
Cado

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Reyxor/Dlaqev/Lucag Fri May 05, 2017 2:57 pm

Good luck, don't mind the trolls.
Reyxor/Dlaqev/Lucag
Reyxor/Dlaqev/Lucag

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Webbles Sat May 06, 2017 6:21 pm

I'd definitely suggest picking a different vegetable - Asperga probably does make most people think of Asperger's instead of asparagus. Makes you seem like a troll.

The guild itself seems hard to pull off tastefully, but hopefully, for everyone's sake, you'll manage to do so.
Webbles
Webbles

Character sheet
Name: Webbles Boozeboat
Title: Her Majesty

http://thescarlet.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sat May 06, 2017 11:43 pm

To provide some actual feedback, there's plenty of problems with this guild and its applicability in a Warcraft setting.

1: The JINYU force? Are you under the employ of the Jinyu, most of whom live in/around the Jade Forest? If you're not under employ of the Jinyu, and you don't have Jinyu members (since they're not playable), why are you named after their race?
2: Your char being a blatant Saiyan copy/paste is lulzy at best.

Now, even from the POV of DBZ lore (I know, I must be so cool, right?) there are issues.

1: Your character name, as already mentioned, very blatantly resembles the Autism disorder much more than the vegetable you claim to be naming it after. If you're dead set on the vegetable, maybe Asparga or Asparaga would be much more appropriate
2: Guild name, again. The Ginyu Force is named after its leader, and this is the norm for all such similar elite forces. So your guild would, with this naming tradition in mind, be named "The Asparaga Force" (assuming you take my naming advice to mind). I would encourage you to do this, since it not only shows that your guild is more than a cheap DBZ spoof while still allowing your guild to be inspired by the Ginyu force/DBZ universe, but also avoids the issue of having to specify your guild's relationship to the Jinyu.

Ultimately, though, I don't think a comic relief mercenary guild á la Ginyu Force is a good idea in a Warcraft setting. Maybe try a more traditional mercenary guild (especially without the excessively flamboyant members/their posing before battle etc) and if you want it to be comic relief-y I'd recommend something more in the style of a lighthearted band of adventurers, rather than a DBZ rip off.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cado Sun May 07, 2017 12:09 pm

Ixirar/Kevalis wrote:To provide some actual feedback, there's plenty of problems with this guild and its applicability in a Warcraft setting.

1: The JINYU force? Are you under the employ of the Jinyu, most of whom live in/around the Jade Forest? If you're not under employ of the Jinyu, and you don't have Jinyu members (since they're not playable), why are you named after their race?
2: Your char being a blatant Saiyan copy/paste is lulzy at best.

Now, even from the POV of DBZ lore (I know, I must be so cool, right?) there are issues.

1: Your character name, as already mentioned, very blatantly resembles the Autism disorder much more than the vegetable you claim to be naming it after. If you're dead set on the vegetable, maybe Asparga or Asparaga would be much more appropriate
2: Guild name, again. The Ginyu Force is named after its leader, and this is the norm for all such similar elite forces. So your guild would, with this naming tradition in mind, be named "The Asparaga Force" (assuming you take my naming advice to mind). I would encourage you to do this, since it not only shows that your guild is more than a cheap DBZ spoof while still allowing your guild to be inspired by the Ginyu force/DBZ universe, but also avoids the issue of having to specify your guild's relationship to the Jinyu.

Ultimately, though, I don't think a comic relief mercenary guild á la Ginyu Force is a good idea in a Warcraft setting. Maybe try a more traditional mercenary guild (especially without the excessively flamboyant members/their posing before battle etc) and if you want it to be comic relief-y I'd recommend something more in the style of a lighthearted band of adventurers, rather than a DBZ rip off.

Don't worry, I have most of this covered. Didn't want to make the original post too long, but I see that there is some confusion. I will update the post soon.
Cado
Cado

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cado Sun May 07, 2017 9:37 pm

I have updated the post to evaluate and I have taken some of the feedback in consederation, changed a few things up.

- I changed Asperga's name to (Avo)Cado, race changed him and decided to develop him into his own thing instead of being a full Vegeta clone, in order to avoid confusion, have more creative freedom and being mistaken for a troll
- I eveluated the guild concept and changed things up. Please read the "Who are the Jinyu Force?" segment.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I hope the update make things more clear and adresses your concerns.
Cado
Cado

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Webbles Sun May 07, 2017 10:37 pm

Looks a lot better! Good luck - few people would actually bother with race/name changing just to start a guild.
Webbles
Webbles

Character sheet
Name: Webbles Boozeboat
Title: Her Majesty

http://thescarlet.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Mon May 08, 2017 9:45 am

Indeed, much better now. So much more fun it is when constructive criticism is involved, instead of just spraying crap all over things.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 09, 2017 5:59 pm

Removed some posts from here that had derailed a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Perturbo Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:04 pm

How's this quality concept coming along?
Perturbo
Perturbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down