Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nathaniel's Detour

2 posters

Go down

Nathaniel's Detour Empty Nathaniel's Detour

Post by Elízabéth Moren Sun May 30, 2010 2:08 am

Ohai. This is my first go at writing anything other then a poem, and its about Nathaniel (Enter Victorian surname here), my Hunter when he gets race-changed to a Human in Cataclysm. I aint expecting it to be good at all, but eh, i'll give it a shot while im in the mood. And im kinda sleepy, so errors in the writing and typo's will probably happen alot, sorry about that and I hope it doesnt bother anyone who reads it too much. And aye, this story is pre-cataclysm.
Oh, and just so you get the idea of what his weapons look like, his sword has the design of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] And his gun is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

It was just an ordinary day so far, Nathaniel was simply walking from his house in Stormwind to the Elwynn - Duskwood border for exercise, just like he did every day, just so keep himself fit. As he walked through the mighty gates of Stormwind City, he looks up to see the rain clouds beginning to gather, though ofcourse not bothering him, some simple rain wasent going to stop him from taking his walk. As usual, he just made sure his sword was well and ready at his side, and his gun loaded and ready, holstered opon his back. It was all ready, as always.

As he began walking, a smile rested opon his lips, the ever-familar sound of his leather boots hitting the stone pathway ringing through his ears, and the occasional voice of another person walking along the path. Every few minutes he would stop and look at the woods, to admire the tranquility. For a moment, he looked up to the darkening clouds, and thought that perhaps today, instead of going the normal route and following the path, he would walk through the woods, simply for a change and the solitude.

Nathaniel knew of the bandits and dangerous creatures that had been known to dwell in the forest, though he didnt really care of it much, and decided that he would indeed go through the forest today. Once again, Nathaniel looked up at the sky and smiled as the first drop of rain fell and hit his cheek, and began walking from the path and into the forest, still smiling calmly. The sound of the birds singing was much more louder the closer he got, and especially when the shadow of the tall trees began to sorround him.

After about ten minutes, the rain had began to fall heavily, though Nathaniel was mostly sheltered by the trees, many of it still managed to hit him, though still he didnt really care. The sound of the rain calmed him more then irritated, he quite enjoyed walking in the rain, infact. ''Ah, today is surely a good one. Im starting to doubt there are even anything dangerous in these woods...'' He stated in a calm and happy voice. However, Nathaniel quickly turned his head towards his left opon hearing the sounds of heavy footsteps, too heavy to be any small animal, and surely too quiet to be one of the heavy bears. ''I just jinxed it, didnt I?''

Although he was sure he could easily take on one or two bandits, he knew he would have trouble with a fair amount, and he knew he would be a great target, nothing on him seemed cheap at all. His sword was clearly a blade of great craftmanship, although hidden currently by the sheathe, which also looked fairly expensive, covered in black leather with engravings on it purely for the purpose of looking good, and his large gun holstered on his back was clearly made by an expert Gunsmith, with a very expensive looking scope and engravings near the end of the barrels. The clothes he wore seemed rather expensive aswell, although the only parts visible were his thick boots and long black coat, they seemed very well made and of very fine materials.

Nathaniel quickly grabbed hold of his sword's handle and un-sheathed it and began turning towards the directions he heard more footsteps from, they seemed to be practicly sorrounding him now, the sounds coming from the bushes and behind the trees, the rain still beat down heavily, the clouds were obviously very thick, as it was fairly dark. Despite the situation, he remained calm, though the smile opon his lips gone. Still glancing and turning, for a moment he caught the sight of a man, though barely seeing his figure, he couldnt tell if he was armed, but he now knew what the situation was.

Nathaniel still remained calm, turning quickly and glancing around, trying to make sure they would not get the chance to catch him off-guard, though after about a minute of this he heard very loud and distinctive footsteps very quickly getting closer from behind, quicker then many would be capable off he turned around with his sword raised, his eyes meeting those of a large bandit with a poorly crafted sword in hand, though the bandit quickly stopped opon seeing into Nathaniel's eyes. ''This is how it goes. You give us your valuables, and go home. Or you dont give them to us, and we take them.'' He said with a loud, attempting to be intimidating voice.
''I choose neither of your options. I will be going home with every one of my possesions.'' Nathaniel stated in a calm voice, a slight hint of cockiness in his voice. ''You dont get that option! Now hand your stuff over! Last chance!'' Already, the bandit sounded angry, though very confident. ''I am better then you. If you try and take my things, you will lose, and I may take your life for the sake of making this wonderful place safer. This is my first and only warning, back off.'' Nathaniel's voice kept its calm and cockiness, now smiling towards the large bandit.

The bandit quickly replied, with a roaring angry voice. ''Thats it! No more chances! Your going down, i'll teach you a lesson!'' Opon finishing he began charging towards Nathaniel, though merely by the way he was charging Nathaniel knew he wasent trained in combat. As the bandit got about half way to Nath he raised his sword, now a mere 5 meters seperating them, though quicker then the bandit thought possible Nath ran forward, and in a mere half a second he and the bandit has passed eachother, Nath was completly un-harmed, the bandit however could not say the same, a large, deep slice would was across his chest with blood quickly oozing from it, he quickly dropped his sword and fell to the floor, very quickly beginning to bleed to death.

''It didnt have to go like that. You didnt have to choose the hard way. You could of just left me alone.'' Nathaniel said slowly in a calm voice, blood dripping across his blade. ''So, who's next? I am willing to take every one of you on at once. I dont know how many of you there are, and I dont care. I am better then pathetic bandits, you are worms in comparison to me.''

Nathaniel quickly began turning and glancing again, it was merely a few seconds before he saw two more bandits ahead of him charging, they were slightly smaller then the other one, ofcourse with smaller weapons aswell. He raised his sword again, ready to defend himself, not moving forwards this time, he let them run to him, one of the bandits quickly jumped and brought his sword down, though Nath quickly blocked it with ease, the other one then got close enough to attack and tried thrusting his sword into Nath's stomach, though he merely turned quickly leading to the bandit falling over onto the floor, the one he blocked quickly brought his sword back and tried slashing at Nath's side, though he once again blocked it with easy, looking into the Bandits eyes calmly. ''Is that the best you can do? I am dissapointed, I thought even bandits could do better then this.'' Those words clearly angered him, he yet again brought his sword back and raised it before bringing it down again, and once again, Nath blocked with ease, before quickly and powerfully punching the bandit in the stomach, winding him and making him stagger back.

Nathaniel had multiple chances to kill this bandit, though he did not. He was simply trying to make the bandit run away, rather then kill him. Though the bandit was persistant, and yet again gripped his sword opon recovering, the one behind Nath also getting up and raising his sword, Nath looked at them both quickly before sighing loudly, they were clearly not going to give up. They both began charging towards him, and Nath didnt even raise his sword, just glancing between them both. He waited untill the last moment, untill they were just about to hit him, before he reacted, quickly turning and jumping back, leading to the bandits instead hitting eachother. One of them stabbed the other in the stomach, and the other's sword thrust straight into the first bandits neck, needless to say, they both dropped dead in a matter of seconds, the ground around them practicly painted with there blood.

Now that was three Nathaniel had killed, but that was not the end of it. He quickly looked around himself as more jumped from the bushes and from behind the trees, this was surely the last of them, but he quickly counted five of them. Nath once again raised his sword, though before any of them could begin charging, Nath started running towards one of them at an amazing speed, ofcourse they quickly raised there sword, but before they could bring it down, Nath's blade was already deep inside of there chest, blood spurting out from the wound and onto Nath's face, but he quickly stepped back and withdrew his blade before any could get onto his clothing, the bandit's squirming quickly coming to a stop as he hit the floor.

Nathaniel turned around, his sword now covered in blood and dripping it, though the rain washing it off fairly quickly, aswell as the blood on his face. ''You do not all have to die. You can walk away now. I will not stop you.'' Nath stated, still remaining calm, glancing between the bandits who all seemed fairly scared, though very angry. ''I will slaughter you all if I need to. You can either live, or die. Your choice.''

The bandits, clearly knowing they didnt stand a chance, all began slowing stepping back. ''Wise choice. And if you see me again, dont bother attacking. I will not be so mercifull next time.'' Nathaniel swung his sword in the air a few times in order to get the blood off before sheathing it, as he looked up he saw the bandits running away into the forest, and he continued walking, the rain still beating down, the ground starting to get muddy from the rain, though he didnt really mind. ''Well then, now to finish this walk and go home. Today has been much more interesting then most. Its just a shame blood had to be spilt.'' Nathaniel looked up at the sky for a moment before again looking ahead, after about ten minutes he reached the river seperating Elwynn forest from Duskwood.
Elízabéth Moren
Elízabéth Moren

Back to top Go down

Nathaniel's Detour Empty Re: Nathaniel's Detour

Post by Shaelyssa Sun May 30, 2010 6:05 am

That was an interesting read! It left me wondering who this Nathaniel person was, hmm.
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Nathaniel's Detour Empty Re: Nathaniel's Detour

Post by Elízabéth Moren Sun May 30, 2010 1:18 pm

Thanks, your feedback is appreciated *hugs Shael*
Elízabéth Moren
Elízabéth Moren

Back to top Go down