Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[H]Tales of Adventurers - update 2

+2
Pyrel
Beruna
6 posters

Go down

[H]Tales of Adventurers  - update 2 Empty [H]Tales of Adventurers - update 2

Post by Beruna Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:36 pm

Greetings all. I experienced quite a lot of RP on defias, but one kind I still didn´t tried still. Those, who played D&D surely remember days when they started as lvl 1, with no equip, their weapon´s were Sticks and Mage´s only spell was creating Bucket of Flowers out of nowhere. And it was great fun!
These days, everyone is trained , use mostly all possible spells from his arsenal and create fantastic descriptions of beautiful spells. Its enjoyable, but sometimes I feel I want something else.

Tales of Adventurers
Should be community event, where everyone can attend. Look at it as on D&D session, where we meet at tavern in Orgrimar and as we are poor, but hungry for wealth and glory, we shall decide where to head for our first adventure.

How will it work?
You create some RP "noob" char, which is in common gear, nothing special. On events, you will be free to choose what action you will take, but do not expect you can not die. As in D&D if you choose dumb action, or got row of bad rolls (RNG Razz ) you can easily die. But death is not really obstacle, since you can bring up new Character on the next session (but still it has to be Noob at beginning, who does not own anything and know almost nothing) . Events will be DMed by myself (at least first few session, then DM can change everytime), but expect a lot of freedom in actions. You will be the ones, who will set course of story.

System
Things will work quite differently here. Only way to get gear and money is only to take be on events. There is no other way to earn equipment.
Another thing, which will be implemented, is skill system. At beginning, every class will have just 1 spell available. Through participating in events, you will earn skillpoints, which you can spend on unlocking new skills. (still not sure how it will work exactly, but will figure out and update).

What do I have to do to join?
Its simple. Come with some "unknown" RP char on the event, character who just begin his days of adventures and is yet to find fame and glory. Time of event is about to decided, but it will be soon. I will keep posted all leaders of Horde RP guild, so they can set anouncment in their calendar.

When?
Story continues Tuesday 5th, 16:00 Server time

Contact on me
Gomez#2643
Beruna or Angolon

Racial abilities

Blood elf -  can cast simple arcane magic spell per fight(or per 30 minutes out of combat). Simple arcane magic can be seen as arcane missile, little fireball, weak version of slowfall...... basically weaker version of any non-difficult mage spell. Blink, teleports, invisibility, ice block, etc..are not working.  On the other hand, you are addicted to arcane. If you do not feed on arcane... lets say the value of one arcane blast.

Goblin - no matter the class, you will have basics knowledge in egineering, allowing you to use engineering crafts and repair the somehow. You are also able to craft simple things like copper bombs or so. Also, your natural trading skill allows you to get better prices and make deals, which others wont be able to make. On the other hand, you are small, and can not carry many things.

Undead - do not need to breath, do not need to eat or drink. Can not get tired, but has small negative modifier when on direct sun. Holy
magic is giving him great pain, nature magic will not heal him at all. Can feed on his enemies to restore limited amount of Health.

Tauren - you are big, so you can carry much more things than others and lift things others wouldnt be able to. Taurens have affinity to nature, so they will never get hurt by wild animals as they feel that taurens re not their enemies. On the other side... you size means that you are not agile and your big hands wont be able to do detailed work. You cannot even write.

Orc - Orcs are warriors in heart. They will never give up. Even while you are wounded, your hot-head and adrenaline prevents you from feeling the effects of wounds and you can fight until very death. On the other side, you are considered as dumbest race, cause you cannot speak other than orcish, which is really simple.

Troll - famous regeneration. Everyone knows, that you have to sever troll´s head and then burn it, before you can be sure the troll is finally dead. (or was that undeads? I am not sure). IN practice, you can regenerate during battle your wounds (limited amount). You can even try to regnerate sevred limb(not sure about head tho). Disadvatage is, you must maintain your powers by bloody sacrifices to the Loa gods. Otherwise, you become weak tiny troll, who is good only as bartender in tavern(sorry gravy).

Panda - Great cooks and brewers. Will never fail at cooking or brewing. They have same problem as Taurens, they cannot do somehting detailed as jewelcrafting or picking locks, since their paws are not allowing them to do it.

classes

Not allowed from beginning -
DK: heroic class, who already took part in many battles. Not fitting into theme of beginning adventurers.

Paladins: They are quite Op in my eyes too. As newbie, You will start as warrior or priest class and as you will as you will advance you can ICly become paladin. But not from beginning. cause idea of being paladin is having mail/plate armor, weapon and possibly paladin charger... which interfere with idea of being poor.                                                

Warlocks: They are advanced class from mages. ON the beginning of your adventures you hardly can come to some demonic tomes or demons who can teach you. So Warlocks will start as mages.

Monk:   They are trained in their monastery from the very beginning, and surely deny any wealth or fame. It  would make no sense for them to join the adventures. At least as regular member.

Shaman: Shaman at beginning is just person gifted with feeling to spirits and elements. They cannot    bind the to their will, they can just ocassionaly communicate with them.  examples: starting Encha  shaman can be warrior, who respect traditions and sometimes during battle rage he can intuitively imbue his weapon with the elements of fire or lighting. Restoration shaman could be someone, who deeply respect traditions, take care of living creatures and is skilled in herbalism/alchemy... doesnt matter his previous class (good example is priest of Earthmother or some other Nature/elements close god).You have to choose other class as "basic" one, from which you will go into direction of shaman.

Druid: - same situation as with shamans. Only viable "basic" class connected with druidism seems to me as hunters. They understand the law of natures and can embrace the preservation of it. That person surely will be skilled in herbalism or alchemy.  From beginning, you will probably be hunter(guardian,feral,resto) and i think priest(resto) is good starting points to head toward druidism.

allowed from beginning -

Warrior - any race can be a warrior. Most often seen class, as it dont require much intelektuál capacity.  Warriors are stronger that others, can withstand more damage and have natural talent in using common weapons. From begining, he will literally just use some basic attacks, nothing extraordinary as bladestorm or heroic throw.(You can always try and if you roll 100, you probably succeed Razz ) You are allowed to have some leather (chest,legs,boots,wrist) Armor.

Hunter - hunters will have 2 choices of start. They can start as someone, who embrace ranged combat. Those will have bow (crossbows and guns are too expensive, but goblins are able to have small pistol). Or they can embrace the animal companion aspects, and can start with only knife, but with beast as its companion( only common one to their home location, for example, orcs will never have lynxes from Eversong woods).

Rogue - basically warrior who is more reliable on agility and his dirty tricks than brute strength. More agile than others, able to hide himself in the shadows and move undetected.

Priest -  is much more wider term that we know in wow. It can be priest who believe in holy power, or priest of the Earthmother (ICly they are called differently, but for our terminology they are same). Power of their spells are based on how much faith they put into their gods and how much they are able to sacrifice for them. At beginning, I would not allow them to be strong zealots, just recently converted to "faith". Their power is really in competence of their field of Belief. Just dont be so strong. 1 Miracle ( = direct healing spell) per battler or event is more than enough.

Mage - imagine yourself as young one, who just discovered he has some magical abilities and can use them somehow. AS a mage, you choose One of magic schools:
abjuration, Enchantment,Illusion, Divination, Transmutation, Conjuration. You can cast with some efforts (common rolls requires 1 turn casting, if you roll high, you manage to cast it instantly) spells from school you choose.

Last edited by Beruna on Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:47 pm; edited 8 times in total
Beruna
Beruna

Back to top Go down

[H]Tales of Adventurers  - update 2 Empty Re: [H]Tales of Adventurers - update 2

Post by Pyrel Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:42 pm

Sounds good, I'm hyped.
Pyrel
Pyrel

Character sheet
Name: Pyrel
Title: Paladin

Back to top Go down

[H]Tales of Adventurers  - update 2 Empty Re: [H]Tales of Adventurers - update 2

Post by Lady Feymeera Bloodflame Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:44 pm

It do sounds godd indeed, let's home my Gametime cuts it!
Lady Feymeera Bloodflame
Lady Feymeera Bloodflame

Character sheet
Name: Feymeera Bloodflame
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:09 am

Sounds interesting. I'd definitely be interested in something like this. What you can also do to make modifiers easier to do and such is use /roll 20 or /roll 30 to make it max 30 rather than 100. It sounds very much like something you'd need a core group to do because stuff can get complicated for someone joining in quite fresh.

You can take inspiration from other roll systems and just implement things from each class to unlock at certain levels. Will require a lot of balancing however. Could also be interesting to see the chance of miscasting for the castertypes and the likes.

Adding in racial stuff could also spice things up, like for example blood elves no matter class being able to cast very basic spells due to a high affinity towards magic. Tauren being naturally tough and maybe even give them some unarmed damage. I'm just throwing ideas about but it is definitely interesting no matter how it's done. Definitely has a lot of potential.
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Feymeera Bloodflame Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:40 pm

This event was a true... Tale of Adventure... On day one... 1. Thrown out of Orgrimmar, almost getting executed... 2. Challanged to Mak'Gora. 3. Complaining about stupid orcs. Was fun.
Lady Feymeera Bloodflame
Lady Feymeera Bloodflame

Character sheet
Name: Feymeera Bloodflame
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nexiax Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:40 pm

Nest event is on Tuesday 5th at 16:00. I'll do my best to be on time for this one.
Nexiax
Nexiax

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:52 pm

Great idea but shame about the timing from my point of view.
Reynard
Reynard

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Beruna Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:37 pm

Fenodyree wrote:Great idea but shame about the timing from my point of view.

What you think about timing? Day in week, or time when events start? (16-17)
Beruna
Beruna

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:47 pm

Beruna wrote:
Fenodyree wrote:Great idea but shame about the timing from my point of view.

What you think about timing? Day in week, or time when events start? (16-17)

If I'm honest I'm only really around regularly on Wednesday evenings from about 21:00 to 00:00. So I appreciate that's not helpful! Smile
Reynard
Reynard

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down