Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Until the End

2 posters

Go down

Until the End Empty Until the End

Post by Lilenath/Ilynaeth Thu May 27, 2010 8:58 am

((First story, well, ever on a forum. I wrote several in-game letters in GHI which Lilenath keeps IC'ly in her bag, and I enjoyed writing them so much I decided to flesh out her brother's story. So, here goes))

1: The Eve of Battle

An elf, dressed in casual -yet still tidy and well made- robes, sat in the dim light of the tent, candle flickering blue light across his parchment. The bright orange hawkstrider quill in his hand moved gracefully across the sheet, fine words trailing behind elegantly. Pages went past, there was much to write, much to tell. A figure approached behind him, placing an elbow on his shoulder.
"Elthranis, I see you're writing again. May I ask to whom these letters are for?"
Elthranis smirked softly at the younger elf, one he knew to be a fine marksman.
"That will be Captain Elthranis to you, Ranger. And these are for my sister, Lilenath. She is in Azshara, and has no idea what is about to happen here."
The two peered out the tent entrance, smoke on the horizon, felfire flickering high into the sky.
"These are no Trolls, Elthranis, Are you sure we can hold of the army which destroyed Lordaeron?"
The Captain looked down, shaking his head. Indeed, the trolls dealt severe blows to the kingdom, but this, an army of the undead, at full force...
"I would be lying if I said it will be a sure victory. But we must prevail. They may never back down, but neither shall we."
The young ranger nodded, and sank back to his bunk. Elthranis folded the letter neatly, and slid into a deep sleep, as the candle slowly flickered into nothing...

The next morning started much earlier than the restless Quel'dorei would have liked, as deathly warchants began to fill the air. The scourge were on the move, carving a scar of death through the tranquil woods. The defenders hurried to the walls, the main gates of Silvermoon. Their bright armour shone in the early-morning sun, yet their faces could have been in a thundering storm, so grim. Behind them, the valiant Rangers held their bows in anticipation, led by Ranger-General Sylvanas Windrunner. Elthranis turned slightly to see her; A truly magnificent figure, confidence radiating from here, a sign of hope. all eyes suddenly pointed forwards however, as a deafening roar epted from the horizon, and a black swarm came into view. Skeletons, zombies, ghouls, the army had been bolstered significantly since they were last spotted by scouts in the forests south of Quel'thalas. Behind the rabble, great unholy abominations; a number of the Quel'dorei fell sick at the sight of them. Elthranis shuddered, this could not be good, these soldiers could barely hold their stomachs at the sight of the enemy, how were they to fight them.

The army was on the brink of panic, and several of Elthranis' best soldiers were ready to fall back. A particularly dark elf, Lyrion, began to shout out, "We cannot hold against an army this big! Fall back!"
The captain glared around at him, and their eyes pierced one anothers.
"For what? We fall back, they will still come, they will merely find it much easier to slaughter our families and turn us into mindless husks! Why don't we just hand ourselves over to them for all you care?"
Lyrion turned away, muttering something under his breath. The undead horde grew larger and closer, until the moment came when the front ranks screamed out. They were upon them.

((more coming soon, please tell me what you think))
Lilenath/Ilynaeth
Lilenath/Ilynaeth

Back to top Go down

Until the End Empty Re: Until the End

Post by Shaelyssa Thu May 27, 2010 6:15 pm

You have a moderately good use of vocabulary which was interesting to read. I especially like the description of Sylvanas although I think the action there and the description of the undead Scourge could have been built up more perhaps. At any rate, it was an enjoyable and I hope you continue to write more! Smile

(I may be wrong but did any high elves leave Quel'Thalas at all before the Third War?)
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilenath/Ilynaeth Thu May 27, 2010 8:20 pm

I wrote that in a little bit of a rush, I had an exam shortly after.
I'm usually quite good at building up a battle atmosphere, in school I wrote several stories where I was praised on that. (they were all zombie based where the main characters died, for some reason)
However, I may edit that part.
More will come soon!
(also, I don't think they left QT, and I didn't mention them leaving save for a scouting party. I dunno, I'm not a loremaster. Yet.)
Lilenath/Ilynaeth
Lilenath/Ilynaeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum