Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What to Wear?

3 posters

Go down

What to Wear? Empty What to Wear?

Post by Reynard Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:40 pm

Evening all,

I've resurrected (read: transfered back from a non-RP server) my dwarven smith Fenodyree (thanks all who contributed to the thread which encouraged me to do so). Now, when on this other server I was playing him as a Human and just for fun I built up a whole set of Stormwind Guard uniform - all my PvE and PvP gear is transmogged into the Stormwind uniform.

I've now brought Feno back as a dwarf (which he was originally, thus he remains the same character he always was on this server) and all his kit obviously makes him look a bit ridiculous. Now, I don't mind him looking "unusual" (a dwarf in the armour of a Stormwind Guard), and I'm also more than happy to come up with a short explanation of how he has ended up being a Stormwind Guard.

However I do not want to go against Lore, so the question is: Are there any SW Guards who are dwarves? And if not, would it be utterly wrong/stupid to make myself the first?

If I need to un-transmog all my kit, so be it, but I quite like the style and as I say it will make me a bit different (maybe).

As usual, any comments and feedback from the excellent and knowledgable folk here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Feno.
Reynard
Reynard

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

What to Wear? Empty Re: What to Wear?

Post by siegmund Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:09 pm

Well technically you don't really see any other race then humans be stormwind guards, or humans wear ironforge guard armor and so on and on. Nor have I really read or heard anything about that. That aside Bigger army sects aside like Valliance Expedition, 7th legion and similar multirace units excluded since well ya know or overall the alliance armies don't really follow that rule of only this faction too often if I remember right and they tend to wear SW guard themed outfits or at least blue and gold and such stuff so no problem there I belive.

BUT then again (talking ONLY about Guards now) in RP most people don't care too much about every detail. Some guard guilds on DB for example have had multiple races and had used SW guard mogs and so on, so it's nothing new or unseen or unheard on in the RP scene (Surely not limited to DB).

So basically in short: "In lore?" Probably not AS a city guard. (don't quote me on that) "Does that matter?" Not really unless you're nitpicky about it in RP (Only the city guard part as well) "Am i the first one?" Nope, anything with -first- in it usually isn't first at all.

EDIT: The mogable set and the HD remodel from your garrison that one can obtain can be used by most, especially the latter so you'll see the set pretty common these days, whenever or not you like the set on a non-human that's really up to you in my opinion.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:42 am

Thanks Seigmund. Yes I was refering to the SW uniform that you can get from the Garrison.

All I want to know really is am I going to be breaking some RP/lore rule if I decide that Feno is enlisted in the SW city guard? If so then I'll steer clear of it but if not then it's a good opportunity to do add a different angle to his storyline.
Reynard
Reynard

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:33 am

Well yeah doubt i'd really bother anyone or that i'd be something lorebreaking, maybe not a common thing just being the first one to be that is probably unlikely, of course like you said you can always aproach a thing from a diffrent angle.

The guard mog armor from the garrison is pretty much useful to use in various manners even if you're not really a guard.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:37 am

Yeah. The garrison plate mog is really the standard uniform for Alliance soldiers, as seen around Draenor, rather than purly the Stormwind Guard uniform.
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynard Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:09 am

Thanks guys. Smile
Reynard
Reynard

Character sheet