Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any way possible to get to Draenor?

5 posters

Go down

Any way possible to get to Draenor? Empty Any way possible to get to Draenor?

Post by Officer High Morale Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:39 am

So I've had things to do ICly on my character Arte, like making a guild and twinleading it and all that jazz, so I can't really pretend I just went through the portal before it was destroyed. So, I was wondering if there was any other way to get to Draenor, like a temporary portal or something? I'd really love to get into the RP there, even alone, it could be a lot of fun.

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Any way possible to get to Draenor? Empty Re: Any way possible to get to Draenor?

Post by Ixirar Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:43 am

Khadgar portalled in reinforcements/building personel when you build your garrison. You can say you were one of the reinforcements ported in later after the Tanaan stuff.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Any way possible to get to Draenor? Empty Re: Any way possible to get to Draenor?

Post by Officer High Morale Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:44 am

Good point. When did he make the portal though, like lorewise?

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:07 pm

Right after arriving in SMV.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:55 pm

Portals between Draenor and Stormwind are entirely possible from what I've seen.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:41 pm

Portals between the worlds are entirely possible. However, they are hard/taxing to maintain, at least in the start until the magi have learned to attune themselves to Draenor and weave permanent portals between the worlds (like in case of Kirin Tor and The Everbloom)

Something that i'd keep in mind though... while portals are possible (hard, but possible), many players do look out for to RP "being stranded" in an Alien world with no (easy) way back, so if you appear/leave Draenor by portal, my advice would be to not make a big deal of it, so you do not go and break/ruin the immersion of players who characters went through The Dark Portal.

You could, for example, be telling a story of a painful portal travel where you almost got ripped into shreds by the Arcane energies before getting thrown into the sea fifty yards above the surface, and no knowledge if you'd survive a similar travel back to Azeroth in one piece.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:45 pm

My aim exactly was to RP by the stranded, survival type of theme.

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:00 pm

Go for it. Welcome to Draenor. Smile

ps: be part of an experimental portal to Draenor, one of the first experiments to reach the world, get tossed painfully to Draenor with no contact back?

Last edited by Skarain on Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by NicholasBullard (Taph) Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:01 pm

Best of luck beyond the portal, Artemis Very Happy
NicholasBullard (Taph)
NicholasBullard (Taph)

Character sheet
Name: Taph Gibson
Title: Captain of the Gilneas Platoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:05 pm

Skarain wrote:Go for it. Welcome to Draenor. Smile

ps: be part of an experimental portal to Draenor, one of the first experiments to reach the world, get tossed painfully to Draenor with no contact back?

Sounds like a good idea, will do! Thanks, and thanks to you too Taph. Very Happy

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down