Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(A) The Gathering

+12
Adry
Izzifix
siegmund
Anivitas
Eldiros
Krogon Devilstep
Allonia_Miral
Garrett
Tibbleston
Robin Drake
Officer High Morale
Death Eyes
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

(A) The Gathering Empty (A) The Gathering

Post by Death Eyes Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:10 pm

The Gathering

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Gathering is a mobilized organization of individuals who have decided to follow the religion of shadow which was adopted by the Forsaken.Based out of former members of the Infamous Cult of the Damned,the Twilight's Hammer and various individual shadow users.The prime goal of this Cult is to replace the religion of the Light with their own belief's. The true symbol of the guild is a white hand on a black background though this sign would not be seen in public.

Backstory:

After the Fall of the Lich King the Cult of the Damned has been in chaos many necromancers had been killed or were hiding from the victorious force of the Argent Crusade.One of those necromancers was a Human called Detharious . Detharious's vision was to create a underworld built out of shadow users who would one day reveal themselves and reshape the world in their favour. Though when the Cataclysm struck he sided with the Twilight's Hammer who have been attempting to end the world as we know it. After the death of Nelfarian and Cho'gall he decided not to trust anyone else to put his vision in place.His idea led him to the new founded land called Pandaria where he studied the Sha aswell as the titanic work. With all the knowledge in his possesion he know has returned to Stormwind to put his plan in motion.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A Few OOC things about the Guild:

-The Guild accepts all classes except Paladins though it is quite better if you roleplay darker classes like Death Knight or Warlock (All turned to Evil Characters are fine).
(Also no weapons bigger than your bodies)
-All Members will go through a initation process similar to the one Cult of the Damned forced upon their members. So if you join this guild there is no turning back.
-Failure to go by the Rules will end in a kick.

If you wish to learn more contact me by PM on the Forum.

Last edited by Death Eyes on Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Death Eyes
Death Eyes

Character sheet
Name: Yikag'sharath
Title: The Unknown

Back to top Go down

(A) The Gathering Empty Re: (A) The Gathering

Post by Officer High Morale Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:30 pm

-And the last thing about my character. I do not fight unless in pre-arranged deals so if you force me to fight expect to get your ass kicked.
-The RP in this guild will be quite serious just to point it out there if you spy on me or try and betray me I will not allow you to leave alive or with your character's mind intact. So think carefully before you attempt to do anything as I take "I won't accept death" in these situation as lolling.(Also no weapons bigger than your bodies)

I'm shocked, tbf. I'll be blunt, I suggest you don't make an RP guild yet, you're already acting like another super powerful guild leader, like with all the previous failed cult guilds.

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Eyes Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:38 pm

Truth is many of those failed guilds died only because of that idea. Scarlets to be the first example Tethos dealt with that problems almost all day as nobody accepted the punishment they should get. IF you spy on a cult guild they won't let you out. Sorry no do. And why i pointed out on me not fighting is I don't want to have random people who -spied- on me barging into my hideout and trying to take me down.
Death Eyes
Death Eyes

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Drake Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:40 pm

Wondering if you're in any way affiliated with the Cult Of Shadow from Horde side a year back or so.? Very Happy
Robin Drake
Robin Drake

Character sheet
Name: Robin Drake
Title: Wolf of Shady Lady Street

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Eyes Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:44 pm

Not really I don't really play Horde but I do belive i heard of it as I am a long time Shadow fan though i've seen 90% of the Guild i joined die due to the reasons i listed in OOC. That's why I am really pushing that stuff. ((OH and obviously having a secret hideout in places like (Stormwind Cathedral Dungeon,Old Barracks))) Obviously! >.>

Last edited by Death Eyes on Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Death Eyes
Death Eyes

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tibbleston Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:48 pm

Gonna have to agree with Officer, the way you're acting towards leaving or fighting or some such is going to need to be worked on before you decide to lead, you do seem like every other cultist guild, nor do I see anything really unique.
Tibbleston
Tibbleston

Character sheet
Name: Tibble Tibbleston Tibbles
Title: High Tinkmaster of Mechacorp

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:53 pm

You don't want people to come barging in and trying to defeat you? You're an evil cult leader, right? It'd be only natural for someone to do that. Also, say, what would you do in a situation where a big force, such as DoL or the guards attacked you/your cult?

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Eyes Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:13 pm

Alright now. This is where i think you get the concept of an Evil Cult wrong. I don't want DoL and Guard barging in as I will never fight them in an open field even trying to is stupid and goes against what a Evil Cult should do. I have seen enough guilds doing that.If you remain secret with a trusted group of people you will never get the situation where DoL barges in but you still will be able to affect the other guilds silently.I've seen people who were acting as Evil Characters but most of the Server didn't even know OOCly they were there. Also that's why i don't want the guild to be more than 6 members including myself.
Death Eyes
Death Eyes

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:21 pm

Death Eyes wrote:Alright now. This is where i think you get the concept of an Evil Cult wrong. I don't want DoL and Guard barging in as I will never fight them in an open field even trying to is stupid and goes against what a Evil Cult should do. I have seen enough guilds doing that.If you remain secret with a trusted group of people you will never get the situation where DoL barges in but you still will be able to affect the other guilds silently.I've seen people who were acting as Evil Characters but most of the Server didn't even know OOCly they were there. Also that's why i don't want the guild to be more than 6 members including myself.

Then perhaps you shouldn't stay in Stormwind if you're a cultist, you're bound to have people come after you one day or another, it doesn't really make sense for cultists to be/stay in Stormwind in the first place anyway.
Garrett
Garrett

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Eyes Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:23 pm

Death Eyes wrote:Not really I don't really play Horde but I do belive i heard of it as I am a long time Shadow fan though i've seen 90% of the Guild i joined die due to the reasons i listed in OOC. That's why I am really pushing that stuff. OH and obviously having a secret hideout in places like (Stormwind Cathedral Dungeon,Old Barracks).

Umm Read the last line please.Also I won't have a typical "Hideout" . As my Character will be traveling so he will be found in diffrent locations every day that's why he'll be almost impossible to track for non-Cult Members.
Death Eyes
Death Eyes

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:26 pm

Yeah, because those places really don't make you look even more suspicious. Rolling Eyes
Garrett
Garrett

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:29 pm

The best way to avoid people barging would be having the cult organised as a non-guild, aka no guild tag so people won't subconsciously meta and guess who is working with who.
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:34 pm

...Wow. Won't be RP'ing with this guild, at all.

Why you insist on having such rigid regulations that will only see you excluded from RP is beyond me, much like I don't like seeing CoS's good name dragged through the mud.

Yuck.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Eyes Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:35 pm

Allonia this idea was even started by Inran. Though she decided not to do it after a bit of thought. Thing about that possibility is that events can be set at the same time would ruin all the Cultist type stuff though it 's a good idea might take it into account. About the Meta-game no worries I will know when someone "Finds" me. I might be a little aggresive but thing about it is. I remember a time when I and My Cult leader where in Duskwood in the Tranquil Gardens (The Church with Mad ghoul i belive) and some random RPers popped up from absolutely no where and went "Mace that shadow user".

And Krogon that is your opinion i don't know if you've seen many Shadow User type guilds on Alliance but i'll just inform you they die like flies.
Death Eyes
Death Eyes

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:41 pm

Death Eyes wrote:Alright now. This is where i think you get the concept of an Evil Cult wrong. I don't want DoL and Guard barging in as I will never fight them in an open field even trying to is stupid and goes against what a Evil Cult should do. I have seen enough guilds doing that.If you remain secret with a trusted group of people you will never get the situation where DoL barges in but you still will be able to affect the other guilds silently.I've seen people who were acting as Evil Characters but most of the Server didn't even know OOCly they were there. Also that's why i don't want the guild to be more than 6 members including myself.

I was saying if they found out about you and attacked you. What would you do?
Also, it doesn't matter who started the idea, it's about who runs it and who executes it the best. I'm sure he would succeed, but with your current OOC rules that's nowhere near proper.

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Eyes Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:43 pm

Depends if they outnumbered me heavily I would accept IC Death cause that is what would happen. Would probably pass Leadership of the guild to a friend in it and join on a lesser character.
If The Diffrence wasn't that huge I would attempt to escape. Depends on the situation though.
Death Eyes
Death Eyes

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:45 pm

Right. Also, what do you believe you'll actually succeed doing with this guild?

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:49 pm

While I can understand a frustration with the "good guys" always winning in the end due to the unity of the good side in the larger good and evil conflict in Defias Brotherhood, and therefore your obivious actions to counter these dull turnouts, frankly, my best piece of advice is to avoid doing the "if-you-betray-us-you-must-die-without-exception-regardless-of-logic-and-situaton" concept, as well as the idea that all attempts to fight the leader of this Guild (yourself) be arranged Before-hand, so that the outcome is always the same: you win.

Both mentioned rules of interaction will not only dampen the fun in RPing with such a Guild, but remove the fun out of it altogether. Whatever you guys might do in the future will be utterly without consequences to pay for it, for all actions have consequences, and consequences for one's actions is a major part in developping your character, which is the true joy of RP in my mind. The reason many cultist Guilds fail in their secrecy and are exposed as they are would at most times be due to them not playing their cards right and performing major fuck-ups for one trying to stay hidden in a society that looks down upon you.

To narrow down this longer rant of good intensions:

- Don't set Guild rules that limits RP just because you have an urging desire to win.

- Be smart about your secrecy as a cult instead of deluding yourself that it is impossible by the Powers of Out-of-Character imaginary logic to be able to betray or infuriate your all-Mighty leader without getting killed.

While you may take this piece of advice as you please and trod on it with spiked boots for all I know (and care), it is to my experience that refraining from the displayed rules of all-Mighty maintenance of your superiority as a badass cult that nobody messes with, will greatly add to the opinions that the populance might express towards your Roleplay. Telling someone that you MUST always win whenever they choose to fight you and expect them to obey such an OOC authority for the ego of your mastermind-leader is something that I would categorize as god-moding, but perhaps I am wrong in my illusion of self-rightiousness and overly wordy remarks, if you so, correct me.

Best Wishes, Elder Fabulous
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet
Name: Eldiros Almadros
Title: Archmage

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Eyes Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:50 pm

"Succeed"? What is this question supposed to mean? I want to have fun rping an aspect I haven't done "Properly" before. I do not wish to act all mighty powerful , claim Stormwind or Kill that guy and the other guy. I just want to create an Evil Guild that wouldn't be smashed under the "Hammer" after five minutes and could actually do some events aswell as develop a storyline.If it dies ICly so be it I can't change the fact it will someday either. Eldiros i don't belive you read what i had typed from the beginning I accept punishment sure I do. You think i can win? Do i think i can win? No. And in comparison to most of the Leaders on this server I won't hide behind the fact I'm a leader.
Death Eyes
Death Eyes

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:56 pm

Succeed, exactly. What do you think your character can do IC? Do you think you/he can actually succeed in his goal, or what are you aiming for?

EDIT: I largely agree with Eldiros here, that's something I would probably say if I knew how to properly talk english in fancy ways.

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Eyes Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:02 pm

ICly - My character has a simple Goal.Power as he is a High Elf and has a long life other goals are swept aside. Why does he need to Destroy Stormwind now (like most Cults claim to be their goal) When he can just wait and let it devour itself with time he will remain powerful as ever with his friends probably by his side and Maybe in the future he will strike out when the time is right. But now is not the time as he has seen former Cults get ruined. You might ask why would I RP this now if as i said I won't strike out yet. I want to ICly be there to actually get that power to gather more Cultist initates myself to create a True Cult which even without a Direct Goal is quite fun to Roleplay.
Death Eyes
Death Eyes

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:06 pm

And yet once more, what do you believe he can succeed in? Do you actually believe you can destroy, get control of, or do anything bad to Stormwind if that's your char's aim?

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:14 pm

What I read to give me the insinuation that your Guild rules are inadequate due to two aspects were aquired by Reading that which was posted as offical rules to know when joining your Guild. As they are posted as such, I take it, as a reader and curious observer on this newly arisen display of a Guild concept, that these are legitly expressed by the one who advertises the Guild, regardless of debate afterwards, the rules seem very straightforward to me.

However, it is not my intension to simply erase your ideas from existence by rather childish debate in a continuous attempt to flex "how-I-am-right", but to express some hope that you might come to understand (or that you understand already) the idea of consequences for actions. Again, I critizise your OOC rules in your Guild, and highly advice to changing them and not commit the same blunder that far too many GLs of evil institutions have deluded themselves with to be non-existant.
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet
Name: Eldiros Almadros
Title: Archmage

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Eyes Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:20 pm

I don't. I don't belive and neither I don't want to. Everyone tries to push a theory "All Ravens are black". Why does a Shadow User have to deal with Chaotic Actions? I already mentioned that my character's vision is to make Shadow a Religion among the Alliance try and make it above the Light. Also i wrote they want to remake the World. Now do i have to be an evil Black Robed man throwing Fireballs everywhere trying to take down the Disciples to achieve that? The Answer is no. My Character has seen all those bad guys like The Lich King or Deathwing and how did they end up? He isn't an idiot he knows that no matter what he does he simply can't beat the World by force and so do I OOCly. Ofcourse anyone could go around for months looking for people to join a Grand Evil Army to take down the Lighties but at the end of the day when and if they won what would they do?They would just switch places with DoL who keeps smacking around Guilds that try to react the "Grand Army" goal.
Death Eyes
Death Eyes

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:35 pm

Tbf, I've been asking for a while now. What are exactly your clear sights on what you can do and achieve? Tell me exactly what you think you can go for, or are you really just going to try and convince everyone to turn to Shadow instead of the Light?

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next