Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breathe once more.

Go down

Breathe once more. Empty Breathe once more.

Post by Littlepip Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:34 pm

Life is precious, we the undead knows this more then anyone else on Azeroth, we who have held life in our own hands once upon a time only to have it stolen away. Many view us as monsters, demons, creatures who should never have existed in the first place.  I myself used to say that, constantly wishing them all dead and gone, never thinking this curse could fall upon myself. I wish I was right back then.

When I first awoke in this crypt I was confused about where I was, I knew I had died back there, the crystal's curse killed me, so how was I still alive? The second I had asked myself that question a few men revealed themselves from the shadow of the crypt, I recognized what little was left of them as my old family who had died away long ago, most of them was decayed and missing a lot of skin, some were even just wandering skeletons covered in a thick layer of ice. They informed me that the old family curse had awoken them and that someone had stolen from our tomb. I had been chosen to deliver justice and retrieve the stolen goods, in return they would unshackle me from the unholy bonds that held me and let me wander the realm along with the living. At the moment of resurrection I was nothing more then a frozen skeleton, a large ice-cube with a pair of legs and arms. I got a quick lecture on how to control this new power and sent of the family tomb to find the bandits who dared to dessecrate the tomb and bring justice to them. I also had to bring the treasure back along with every last coin they had used.

After several weeks of tracking I had found the treasure and brought down the bandits who stole it. I returned the treasure to the family and were suppose to receive my gift. My family was infamous for their dark magic back in the days, it was said they could even bring the dead back to life. I had high hopes that they could bring me back to life. However even they had their limits, the told me that there was no way for me to live again. There was no cure for the shackles for the undead, only death. I have always heard about my family as these strong priests, capable of doing miracles in the name of the holy light. In my adventure this was my only hope, a hope to smell the summer air again or to bathe in the sunshine without fearing my ice to melt. To hug my friends, cheer with them, to drink and feast with them!

Refusing to accept the truth I decided to leave the tomb behind and start on a search for another beacon of hope. I needed a new candle to show the path, a path that would rid myself of this unholy form. A path to become the man I once were, how bloodied this path becomes, I would regain my form. No matter how many lives I would have to take, no matter how long time it would take, I promised that I once more would smell sweet air of life.

Last edited by Thorvald on Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:34 am; edited 5 times in total
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Breathe once more. Empty Re: Breathe once more.

Post by Littlepip Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:33 am

After leaving my family tomb behind I went out on a new journey which would lead me to the Wetlands, just north of the iron kingdom of the dwarves. There I met an old friend of mine which I have known all the way back to the first war against the orcs. I decided to be open with him, telling him about my quest and the reason why. In return of my honesty he simply nodded and handed me a file, smiling slightly he said a few words before leaving the tavern. "We've missed yeh cap'n, tha' lads will be waitin' fer yeh in Stormwind once yer done."

With this new information I traveled further south and into the mountain city of Ironforge, once there I received news that this once great city was now pillaged by corruption and that I had to be quick if I didn't want any trouble with the officials. I made a quick visit in the Hall of Explorers, there I quickly learned about the existence of a titan device that could cure the body for any disease and curse. A device that many adventurers has died for in an attempt to find it, without a second thought I wrote down all the information they had on it and left. Together with the information my friend had given to me and the books in Ironforge I managed to locate the device, Northrend.

I took the first boat I could find from Wetlands, it took a whole week to get too the beach of Howling Fjord. During this time the crew and I had gone through many hardships such as large icebergs and pirates, sometimes even both at the same time.
I said goodbye to the crew, this would be the last time I saw them, I knew this so I decided to buy them some fireworks as a farewell gift.

Glancing around I could feel it, this land definitely had what I was seeking. Somewhere in Northrend I would find the device and return to life so I could once more feel the warm air against my body and taste a mug of ale, even laugh with my friends. Even for one single day I would lay my life down for it.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:12 pm

Once upon a time Northrend used to be a hot zone of war, that was long ago now, back when the Lich King still wandered this realm and terrorized the living with his scourge army. Now most people pretend to not know about it, they wish to forget it, a thing of the past. It gets much more difficult when you actually met him before he became who he is now, when he was a prince of Lordaeron and I was a Paladin of the holy light.

Another week has past since I landed on the shores of Howling Fjord, and I have been searching high and low for the titan device, it is starting to feel like I'm chasing after a legend, something that does not exist. Still, it is the only thing holding me back from going insane, it is like a candle in the darkness far into the distance, the illuminating light is always out of my reach yet I refuse to give up. All I have is Hope and the tenacity to go on.
I stand outside a large cave in the frozen lands of Stormpeaks, just learning about this location was hard, getting to it was on a whole other level and required me to drop all my armor to be light enough to get up the peak. I stand now in my frozen body, like an ice elemental.

I walk trough the frozen cave entrance and into the cave, it is large inside and the walls are covered in white snow and sharp icicles sticking up from both the ground and down from the roof. The place seems untouched by time or man for light knows how long. The deeper I wander into the cave the more I feel like I have found it, there are many twitches and turns and once in a while I see a small metallic shine in the distance, however, when I run towards it I always found the same thing. A large wall made out of crystal clear ice with a reflection of myself in it. "What does it mean?" I asked myself. I leaned closer to the wall and looked closer at my own reflection. I could see my skeleton, the remains of what used to be a powerful man and a shell made out of ice forming around it, a protective layer.

I stood there for a long time, and for the first time in a long while I felt an emotion, sadness. A deep sorrow for what I once were, and sadness over acceptance, maybe I just had to accept it. There was no cure for my curse, I thought to myself. Perhaps this jurney was to teach me truth, after life there is no return. No more chances to breathe once more.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:16 pm

I turned around and leaned against the wall, slowly I slid down it creating an echo of ice against ice. Behind me was the entrance, the same one I had entered twelve hours ago. I slid down to the ground with the soft snow beneath me, my body couldn't move and I simply stared into the blinding light, the hope that I had carried all the way to Northrend, the very same hope that had carried me through all the past wars turned on me in this one last hour. In the next few hours I reflected upon my life, what I had done, what has happened, what could have happened and if I were a good person or not. All these years in the servitude of the light and others I always put others need before mine, in return I had hoped to live a long and good life. A life of happiness and joy, one that I can be proud off. Instead I have been repaid by becoming what I hated most, an unholy blasphemes undead who wanders this land only being a nuisance to others. "Let the ice take me, for I am not worthy to live no more."
My voice echoed throughout the small cave, and my wish became true. Slowly my body melted, I left the protective layer of ice that had been formed around me, letting my bones be exposed to the elements of ice. "I wish I could feel pain." I whispered course to myself.
I released the necrotic energies inside of me that had held me animated all this time, the same magic that had shackled my soul to this body. The tunnel entrance started lighting up more and everything became blurry and from the entrance I saw someone coming towards me, a women with raven black hair yet shining like the light itself. Once she reached my skeleton she simply looked down at me. I could feel myself smiling, even without lips. Low I whispered with the last of the energy I had left. "Good.. Bye.." The women bent down and placed her palm at my forehead, at that moment everything went dark.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:33 pm

I open my eyes slowly, a bright light makes it difficult and a bit painful to see, I can hear laughter and talk, I hear the sound of seagulls and waves. I smell the fresh air of the ocean and coal once more, I push myself up again slowly, I take a deep breath trough my lounges and open my eyes widely. While looking around I notice fifty one people standing around me, some of them are laughing, some of them smiling and one of them smoking a wooden pipe, puffing out purple clouds clearly thinking on a one liner.
"Welcome back to tha' world of the livin' laddy, might wanna get some clothes on yeh." The group burst out into laughter and I notice that I am completely naked in the docks of Stormwind. I start letting out a hearty laughter myself. Feeling the first warm breeze against my skin makes me want to sit there forever, however my dwarven friends throws a pair of green clothes besides me. "Come on laddy, before tha' guards show up an' put eh in tae cell."

The end. Roll credits.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum