Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Small Announcement regarding GREASES

+4
Demurral
Izzifix
Coppersocket
Dyone
8 posters

Go down

Small Announcement regarding GREASES Empty Small Announcement regarding GREASES

Post by Dyone Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:33 pm

Greetings and salutations proud members of the Alliance.

As the title suggested.. i have something to share with you all.

Gnome RP is awesome. I do NOT regret this attempt to create a gnome only RP guild. And this isnt a announcement that we are going to quit.

No.. This is to tell you beatifull people that we are going to step off the Gnome Only RP concept...
I know, it's a shame, but yeah. We cant gather enough Roleplayers that play gnome only and be active enough for the events. So yeah

The events will still be mostly gnome orientated...Destroying robots..dive for treasure..using over complicated things to get something simple as grabbing the cookie jar. But we will now accept everyone that is interested in engineering, gnomish styled RP and break trough the laws of what's morality right regarding way to dangerous experiments.

Tomorow.. i will create a new thread in the forum..change some things in the guild recruit and on the guild site and all.

GREASES isn't death..GREASES is just looking to grow taller.

Greetings, Charkly.
Dyone
Dyone

Character sheet
Name: Dyone
Title: Scientist

Back to top Go down

Small Announcement regarding GREASES Empty Re: Small Announcement regarding GREASES

Post by Coppersocket Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:54 pm

I think you may be deciding this a bit too quickly. But that's me. It's understandable you'll have trouble getting Gnomes about because the Gnome community has never been very large.

However, with the new racials coming with WoD, I'm positive we'll see more Gnomes about. Specifically so, Warrior/Rogue/Monk Gnomes due to the added resource maximum that is yielded to Gnomes which is extremely beneficial to all these classes.

On top of this we're currently in the "pre-expansion crisis", that always comes around at this time. Before the prepatch etc. Once the pre-patch will come out the population will already see quite a rise, but not as much as when WoD actually hits.

That said, you may feel that's too far away- which I can't really speak against. Just keep these things in mind, Gnome RP may come short compared to Human RP but it's surprisingly present if you just look around a bit.

There's also a lot of Gnome Rpers out there that I've met that has no interest in the conventional channels and such which is it easier to comminucate with if you talk to them directly, which can be both time consuming and difficult, given that you must find these individuals too.

That said, you guys do as you wish and I wouldn't dream of standing in the way of that. Just want to make you aware that you have no need to give up yet, just need to preserve and make sure your core members are entertained. Large numbers or not, the important part is that those that do attend- have fun.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Small Announcement regarding GREASES Empty Re: Small Announcement regarding GREASES

Post by Izzifix Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:55 pm

Saw this post on the RP forums in an otherwise boring thread:
Fyne, Argent Dawn wrote:
To my thinking, a roleplaying guild is NOT principally a device to give a concept for members to roleplay principally with each other. A reoleplaying guild is instead a concept to inspire, and a recognizeable tag for its members to use as a platform from which to roleplay with outsiders, first and fore-most. Guild members would not need an inspiring concept or an identity to roleplay with other members. That inspiring concept, that recognizable set of themes, and that guild name floating over a character's head is also not for the characters. Characters cannot see them. Those tags are for players, and are for players of characters outside the guild itself.

So what does a roleplaying guild need, to maintain or rebirth the point of that guild tag?

Interaction with outsiders, visibility, recognizability(...)

Given that undestanding, this step you're making seems like a very reasonable one. Best of luck!

Edit:
Upon another read, I believe a lot of our guilds on DB could benefit from the mindset of that post. But eh... We can always get better, right?

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Demurral Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:23 pm

Coppersocket wrote:
"Gnome RP may come short compared to Human RP"

Giggle.
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet
Name: Greyclaw
Title: Witch of the Wilds

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:40 pm

There's no such thing as 'Human RP'.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Secran Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:42 pm

I agree with coppersocket. I think you should give it some time still. Focus on events within the guild or in cooperation with others and casual RP, rather then focusing on rapid expansion. I for one enjoy what your doing at the moment. Your friendly and creative with events.

For Gnomeregan!

-Kukoo Volt
Secran
Secran

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradley Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:55 pm

If you -want- to accept more races into the guild, I'd suggest you stick to the occasional dwarf, perhaps even the rare human. I agree with Copper though. Maybe you just ought to wait and see?
Bradley
Bradley

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:07 pm

Thelos wrote:There's no such thing as 'Human RP'.
A very large quantity of the RP population is unsurprisingly run by human characters. Therefor Human RP. That doesn't mean that "Human RP" is much, if any different from any other race's RP. But it's still there, it's still a thing.

I really don't see how you'd not allow categorization of "Human RP", when we can categorize every other race's RP. That's racist.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:17 pm

Keep it to gnomes only. You guys are amazing.

Just role-play in the vicinity of other guilds if you don't have enough people. Smile
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyone Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:53 am

good points are raised here... I give it some more thoughts Smile
Dyone
Dyone

Character sheet
Name: Dyone
Title: Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down