Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] The 10th Legion - Alliance Military RP Organization

Go down

[A] The 10th Legion - Alliance Military RP Organization Empty [A] The 10th Legion - Alliance Military RP Organization

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sun May 04, 2014 1:59 pm

"Defend, Deter, Defeat"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The 10th Legion - The Vanguard

The 10th Legion is an IC Task force made up of various alliance guilds that have come together with the idea of mutual aid and protection in mind. allowing all participating groups and individuals a way of working together to provide fluid and easily accessible military roleplay events in various forms on a near weekly basis.

The event types and functions of the 10th Legion  are as follows:

W-RP-PvP - Be it short skirmishes, massed battles or week long campaigns, the aim is to ensure as many opportunities as possible for RP'ers to do battle with the Horde RP community.

Military RP - Meetings to plan out operations, Training to prepare for battle, tournaments to promote martial skill, patrols to get out there in the world and even life in the headquarters will be open to all.

Dungeon mastered Events - Sometimes the Horde isn't the only foe we face, and often enough an npc or mob just doesn't cut it. In these situations DM'ed events come into play allowing everyone the chance to chase off those pesky Kobolds and Gnolls or drive back a patrol of Blackrock Orcs.

Reserve Brigade - Not everyone is or will be part of a guild that is involved in this initiative, which is why the 'reserve brigade' will allow everyone, un-guilded or otherwise, to take part. Those who join the reserve brigade will from an IC standpoint be part-time reservists, allowing them access to all the goings on of the 10th legion, but no necessarily binding them too it.

Typically most events will be cycled evenly so they occur every 'other' week or two, specifically on a Wednesday, but not bound too or restricted to that day alone.

So far the participating guilds are:

- Wild tempest
- Stormwind Regiment
- Alliance Intelligence Agency
- Stormwind Assassins
- Freelancers
- Ordo Arcana
- Salvation of Lordaeron
- Band of the Brave

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q&A

1 - What sort of events will this Initiative offer, and how often? - The Aim is to have a Meeting every second week with a primary event inbetween those which will vary between Training events, Dm'ed fights against various Gnoll/murloc/monster problems a region may have, Military meetings, patrols, Ceremonial events and of course... W-RP-PvP Skirmishes/battles and Campaigns.

2 - What if my guild isn't interested in this or isn't Military focused, how can I take part as an individual? - Simple! The 10th Legion will have its very own special reserve Brigade, made up of exactly those sort of individuals, regardless of guild or allegiance. This Brigade will go under the In character story that their being payed as part time reservists, allowing for a freedom to join in the Legions efforts without worrying about which guild your in. And of course, its open to Everyone. To become part of this reservist group either contact me in game on 'Thuros', in this thread or over the forum some way.

3 - I'm not much for the strict discipline and don't much like the idea of others bossing around me or my guild around, is that likely to be the case? - No, simply put. The GM of each guild is exactly that and will be responsible for his/her own guild/group and how much or little they choose to embrace such aspects of military RP. Military guilds interacting with military may certainly work out a balance of respect and discipline, but nobody is going to force it on anyone.

4 - So when it comes to events/battles, who will be leading? - the organizer, whichever individual inside the legion came up with the event or campaign and put it all together will be the 'Force commander' for the duration.

5 - What about us mercenaries, adventurers and the like... Are we invited too? - Everyone is invited to take part in some shape or form. If you Roleplay a regiment of soldiers, an order of paladins, a crew of pirates, a band of hired mercenaries or a merry group of Adventurers. If you want to Recieve the Invite at the top of this thread, you can. (and feel free to write IC responses to it in this thread! the more roleplay, the better!)

6 - Don't we already have war councils, ministers and meetings as is? whats the need for this? - Well there is no 'need', not really. The Aim of this is to provide a steady flow of events and plots, as well as a quicker and more efficient way to set up battles/campaigns with the Horde player base. And have some RP while we are at it.

7 - I want to take part, but I hate long boring meetings, will that be a problem? - No, not at all. Truth be told I'm not too fond of over long meetings myself, but every attempt will be made to include those who can't or don't attend the meetings.

8 - What if I or my guild only to attend a few events here and there, will that be a problem? - nope! Too much of one thing is never good and variety is the spice of life. If you only show up once a month it won't be a problem.

9 - Me and my guild are somewhat lacking in gear and levels, will that stop us attending events/battles? - No, never. Every effort will be made to assist in gearing you  (for example, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] May be of interest as well as [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] one) but you will never be turned away or stopped from attending or participating.

10 - How do you use the Calendar function for this initiative? - All Group/guild leaders and necessary officers will receive a calendar invite and moderator status to each of the weekly events and any other relevant events, allowing them to make their own guild calendar event or to simply invite who they wish to the main one. Individuals who make up the Reserve brigade will be fortunate enough to be on their own calendar invite that will act as a roster, and be invited to all events as required... just decline if your not going!

11 - Who should we contact if we have more questions or want to get involved? - Contact myself on alliance under the name 'Thuros' or an officer from one of the guilds listed further up in the post.

12 - will you be making regular posts on this forum so we know when events are without logging in? - Yes and no. Some events will be worthy of their own thread, but for anyone who is wondering when events will be they need only check the post after this one for a listing of all coming events! stay tuned!

Last edited by Krogon Devilstep on Sun May 04, 2014 2:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

[A] The 10th Legion - Alliance Military RP Organization Empty Re: [A] The 10th Legion - Alliance Military RP Organization

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sun May 04, 2014 1:59 pm

Upcoming Events:

10th to the 18th of may - The Lions Den - Various horde land on the shores of westfall and begin a week long raiding and pillaging campaign! events occuring each night. Alliance side organizer is Ralegh, contact him for specific details.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

[A] The 10th Legion - Alliance Military RP Organization Empty Re: [A] The 10th Legion - Alliance Military RP Organization

Post by Krogon Devilstep Thu May 08, 2014 11:50 am

The first mustering event was a good bit of fun, with some simple maneuvers in the form of a game of 'keep up'.

After that we had some good old knuckle to face sparring! Thanks to all who attended the first event, more will be coming soon and be taking place after the Lions den campaign.

Spoiler:
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down