Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Clutch of Insanity

Go down

The Clutch of Insanity Empty The Clutch of Insanity

Post by Guest Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:44 pm

((Reposted from the heritage forums. Insomniac writers unite!))

-A female Blood Elven Death Knight, small in stature, wanders through the woods of Quel'thalas, carrying a thick bundle of cloth. Thoughts.. Memories.. The screams of the past echo through her mind. Cries for mercy, screams of agony, the dying breaths of hundreds all coming together like a wave.-

I thought better of you... If you can kill him... It will change many things. Not least yourself... How can you even consider that!?

-After a short silence, a cackle pierces through her mind.-

Come with me... We will become the true force in this world. We can bring them back... All of them.

-The crackle of a fire echoes across the mind's ear, followed by the familiar sound of channeled shadow-magic.-

You will learn, my love... This is just the beginning. This world... These pathetic, blinded creatures will know of our pain.

-She stops dead in her tracks, clutching the bundle of cloth close to her chest.-

"Hollow promises. All along... So hollow... They think that I will rest knowing what I do?"

-She sits down by a tree, placing the bundle of cloth gently on her lap. Producing a dagger, inscribed with glowing runes and dripping with dark blood from her robe, she holds it up to the light to examine the blade. Her icy eyes scan along the edge, to the tip and then back along the hilt. There was more to this strange blade than appearances would suggest. A wailing scream, enough to make even the most hardened cringe, explodes from the cloth lump on her lap, the dark, agonising aura in the vicinity of the blade being felt by it's inhabitant. The Death Knight closes her eyes tightly, and mutters to herself. The dagger's blade burns a bright crimson colour, the blood on the edge amassing at the hilt.-

-Taking the blade to her hand and resting the tip on her palm, she sighs.-

"Sacrifices... For the greater good. His plan... Our plan... Will not be stopped so easily. Death didn't hinder us before."

-Digging the point of the dagger into her hand, she grits her teeth. As her blood, long since clotted and thick, meets with the blade, it begins to change into that of a mortal. The runes inscribed on the blade fade, the bright colour dispersing. She draws the dagger from her hand, and rests the blade on the ground next to her. The scream from the bundle ceases as the blade's hunger is sated. Picking up the bundle of cloth, she leans in and quickly kisses it's content, bleeding onto the cloth with her still open wound.-

"Shh.. Shhhh... It will all be better soon... My precious Viridien..."

-She moves some of the cloth back, revealing the head of a human child, around nine months old. He smiles, looking into the eyes of the elf.-

"You know... I should have been rid of you. But I couldn't do it. You're lucky... Lucky beyond words."

-Wincing in pain, an echo screeches through her mind.-

You are a fool, Boneweaver! The enemy... You beg them for mercy, take shelter with them, after calling ME a coward!?

-The voice of the old orcish Death Knight was all too familiar.-

"Why am I even trying... This whole thing is but an idiot's venture... Chasing after the wind. Cal'ez was weak... Killed by nothing more than a single human."

-She hugs the child close to her, letting him slowly fall asleep.-

"And now look... That whore has left me with this abomination... It's her fault. I should have killed it on the spot... I know that they couldn't wait until I had gone... And now look who's laughing."

-A grin spreads across her face, leaning back against the tree trunk. Closing her eyes, his face flashes across her mind. The lifeless eyes, fixed open. The open wounds, the flesh flayed from his skull... Shadows form across her thoughts. Clouds, a fog preventing her from seeing, from learning. The truth was lost to her. Again, the howls of anguish and cries of suffering consume her thoughts like a hurricane. The memories of blood trickling down her face as she sliced into the lines of the Argent Dawn, decimating the defenders of Light's Hope. A servant of Darkness, bound to a master... And yet now the barrier was gone. Her will was "saved", according to those present. "Free". "Free"... To become a slave to memory. Fulfilling the need.. The desire.. For glory, fear, destruction... And their much sought after byproduct... Influence.-

Back to top Go down

The Clutch of Insanity Empty Re: The Clutch of Insanity

Post by Guest Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:18 pm

Nice one, Cyaska. Though, they tend to be.
P.S
Blame Geldar. Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:21 pm

^^ Thanks Vargie.

..For the record, I know the timeline is pretty out too. But mostly down to OOC crap. Speaking of which, I need to make use of that LFRP section... *Adds to todo list*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:30 pm

Yeah, the human-kid (whom will grow to be an awesome warrior.)
Sure is outdated and presumed fucking dead. O.o

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:32 pm

^^

*Stumbles off back to the thinking box*

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: