Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings from the new guy and thoughts about a new guild.

5 posters

Go down

Greetings from the new guy and thoughts about a new guild. Empty Greetings from the new guy and thoughts about a new guild.

Post by Keijy93 Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:27 pm

Greetings fellow role players. I'm Tómas and i have recently joined the community here. I have a lot of experience with board game role playing but I'm fairly new to WoW role playing. I'm currently playing for the Alliance and i hope to have a lot of fun role playing with you guys.

On another note. Me and a group of friends(8 of us) created a guild yesterday and are trying out our events. The guild is a band of mercenaries lead by a former paladin of the silver hand. Our objective was to be a merc guild because that meant we could explain with ease our reasons for joining events and the like, gold. However we decided to give the guild a main objective. The objective we selected after hours of research is Stratholme, or rather to reclaim the city. With this objective in mind we can make weekly/monthly events like scouting missions, fighting around the city to weaken its defences and the like.
But it was pointed out to me that during in the recent dungeon quests the Argent Crusade takes over the city. Would it be all right for us to disregard that fact and continue as planned.

Please share your thoughts on the matter and criticise at your leisure.

Keijy93

Character sheet
Name: Evan Fray
Title: Highlord

Back to top Go down

Greetings from the new guy and thoughts about a new guild. Empty Re: Greetings from the new guy and thoughts about a new guild.

Post by Eldiros Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:02 am

Hi Tómas and welcome to the Defiasrp Forum and the Defias brotherhood roleplaying Community!

I personally like your idea about a mercenary Guild (we can never have too many of those  Smile) though, I'd question what you would do after your Stratholme plotline, since having the same RP plot like that would lead to quite limited variety which is one of the things I like about this server. So, even though I have no doubt that this also was your plans for the start, I'd encouarge to try to make a name for yourselves mainly in Stormwind (if Alliance) even Before getting into a Stratholme-based plotline because that is in theory where all the RPers are located. RP evenings there are just Amazing sometimes. You could Always start off easily with the theme of just a merry adventurer band travelling by only to start the Stratholme plot later on after a good nice and steady introduction and getting into the server situations and server backstory with authorities for relations.

Also, now that Im rambling, please check out my registry post on the Ordo Arcana, which is basically a Mage RP Guild dedicated to Stormwind. I spent so much work at it. (I know I Always ask people to read that S*** desperately because I try to recruit every single person I ever meet, HUZAAH!!)

nice to get more people into the RP Very Happy

Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet
Name: Eldiros Almadros
Title: Archmage

Back to top Go down

Greetings from the new guy and thoughts about a new guild. Empty Re: Greetings from the new guy and thoughts about a new guild.

Post by Keijy93 Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:03 am

Thank you for the feedback and of course we were going to wait with the Stratholme part until later on.  The plan to start was to hold a few events so the initial members could get to know each other and then offer our guild up for mercenary work. I plan on having both random and coordinated events and to try and get some of the newer players to join as well. My friend even suggested real gold rewards to drag more people in role playing. The point of mentioning the Stratholme plot line was that I just wanted some comments hoping the role playing community would accept the plot line since in the Dungeon quests the Argent Crusade takes the city back with the adventurers help. The way we want things to work:Tirion won't ever get the chance, cause eventually....we'll take it ;p

Keijy93

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:29 am

Keijy93 wrote:Tirion won't ever get the chance, cause eventually....we'll take it ;p
Seems like he already beat you to it. Oops.

It is traditional you make a nice comprehensive post in the Registry section of the forum to showcase your guild. Tell us a little bit more, not only of your plans, but your guild rules, ranking structure, and short-term goals.

It's always nice to see new people arrive on the realm. If you want to work together with a "merry band of adventurers" sometime, contact me in-game on Wellsworth, or just send a forum PM. I run an adventurer's guild called the Band of the Brave.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:31 am

Disregarding official lore to further your own guild plot isn't generally something that'll make you popular around here.

I suggest pursuing a goal that isn't nonsensical at this point in the canon timeline.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:10 am

At least it isn't a Scourgeinvasion of Khaz Modan. Nonetheless, we can always use more mercenaries around, I could pay with some gold to get aid with stuff if necessary.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Keijy93 Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:27 pm

Well, thanks for all the feedback guys.

After a long discussion me and my mates came to a conclusion. Were keeping the Stratholme plan as our current main objective, however instead of breaking the lore we will bend it a bit. Since the Argent Crusade is currently attacking the city and takes it with the help of adventurers, well simply assist as those adventurers. In the timeline this is the Crusade's current objective and it is ongoing not completed unless you help, were using that to our advantage to ensure that we are not breaking the lore. In the end if the Crusade takes it it's still in our interest since the objective was to return it to the Silver Hand(Argent Crusade).

Hope to rp with you guys in the future. The Stratholme Assault thanks you for your help. (Would have added force/front to the name if possible  Sad )

Keijy93

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down