Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Privateer Edwards (intro for a new character)

Go down

Privateer Edwards (intro for a new character) Empty Privateer Edwards (intro for a new character)

Post by Charlie Blazesong Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:22 pm

It was a beautiful morning, the wind blew in his blonde hair that wafted in the wind, if every morning could be like this on top of the mast. “land ohoi!” there it was, Booty Bay. Finally home. Back from another great raid, the ship was filled to the brink of sinking with treasure, ofcourse the captain would take most of it but at this point he didn’t care. He had done all he was asked and would be rewarded. He made his way down the mast just before landfall, his clothes slightly moist due to the air up there whipping water with it on the way up. The other pirates, humans, worgen, goblins and then him. The only half-elf, he had adjusted to the harassment from his fellow shipmates, afterall he could understand their jealousy. He was far slimmer than any of them, much more attractive and agile and looked somewhat innocent aswell. There was so much more he could get away with because of that.

“Edwards! The captain would like to speak to you!” the first mate yelled, ridicules, he knew pretty well that he could talk normal to him from a five meters distance. His ears would pick it up anyway. He made his way to the captains quarters, the wooden cabin oozed of rum and various herbs. Ollie glared at him from the other side of the room as always, he never liked elves and even less half elves. He was used to being the outcast anyways. He knocked the door three times before the captain opened the door, inviting him in. “You did good this time Edwards, you have a promisin’ future with us.” His tone sounded pleasant for once. Strange coming from the captain, he was used to being yelled at. He replied in a slightly more pleasant tone. “Well sir, I do it for me mother. Perhaps I’ll be able to afford a cure now.” The captain stared at him with a perked brow, shrugging. “Well, about that. The ship took a pretty good beating, I’ll need your cut.” He blinked, hands started shaking, putting his hand on the cutlass. “M.-me? B-but I did everything perfectly.. Ollie didn’t do shit..” “but that’s not up to you is it? Go help the others load off the merchandise. I believe everything will sell for a nice profit.” He saw red, used again. He never got to see any of the pay, even if he did everything perfectly. He had aced everything this time, still nothing. His actions were not his own, he drew his cutlass longing it for the captains stomach.

He sidestepped swiftly, drawing his gun. A loud bang, nothing happened for a short time, they stared eachother down. Adrenaline pumping, the captain looked concerned for a moment before an ugly grin filled his face showing off a mix of yellow, black and crooked teeth. A sudden pain struck Edwards as he looked down in shock. Blood, seeping from his lower abdomen. “Edwards, I thought you were better than this. You know very well that no one strikes the captain, and now you pay the price, both you and your mother. She’ll never see the cure and your head will be delivered through her window.” A loud cackling was heard as Ollie stormed in to see the commotion, the blood pool having a decent size now.

The air felt colder, the captain still cackled and Ollie had a look of confusion on his face. Edwards needed to come up with something quick. Maybe if he got out he’d still make it. It was worth a shot. The window was his best bet, he dropped his cutlass, running for the window. It gave in, millions of small shards flew through the air and landed in the ocean. He followed, through. In the blink of an eye he was surrounded by water, taking it in. Had he forgotten how to swim?
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down