Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WoD Draenei guilds

+9
Rargnasha
Ixirar
Theodoric
siegmund
erwtenpeller
Ara
Littlepip
Sanara
Seranita
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

WoD Draenei guilds - Page 2 Empty Re: WoD Draenei guilds

Post by Lavian Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:16 am

Berahnek wrote:I really want a rogue organization of magical, time-travelling space-pirates. A gang travelled back to the WoD-timeline to plunder it, enslave its natives, mine its resources and befoul its women (or men for that matter). And set it on fire.

Of course, the whole, returning home with the loot-thing would be a challenge to be solved another time.

They'd steal everyone's bacon. And when the alliance's big boys have solved the whole timeline issue and undone it all? The crime won't even have happened! The victims won't exist
! (in our timeline)

I'm totally making this happen if I'm around by the time of the xpac-launch. Sorry bout derailing.

Except...

...The Doctor...
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:53 am

<travels into the past to introduce Orcs of Draenor to Lakosh> Or as the humans call the great wolf god.Bob.Hmmm I wonder <fiddles with bangs>
Wait so the timeline will be undone....hmmmm I best go back and takes pics then Very Happy
Draenor b4......aaannnnnd after
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:47 pm

Clara Dawson wrote:
Berahnek wrote:I really want a rogue organization of magical, time-travelling space-pirates. A gang travelled back to the WoD-timeline to plunder it, enslave its natives, mine its resources and befoul its women (or men for that matter). And set it on fire.

Of course, the whole, returning home with the loot-thing would be a challenge to be solved another time.

They'd steal everyone's bacon. And when the alliance's big boys have solved the whole timeline issue and undone it all? The crime won't even have happened! The victims won't exist
! (in our timeline)

I'm totally making this happen if I'm around by the time of the xpac-launch. Sorry bout derailing.

Except...

...The Doctor...

nonono eira, my flawless logic is flawless.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:05 pm

Well I've started hitting the books again to go over lore on WoD First thing that is clear... Rolling Eyes  Orcs = dumb.Except for the frostwolves
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:18 pm

I don't know if there are enough draenei to form a guild, but since TBC there has never been a better time to work on something big for the draenei in my opinion. Just think of the amount of lore and attention this race will get throughout the entire expansion. If I were you I'd start working on something, it could be a good time to expand draenei RP. Not necessarily a guild, maybe a cross-guild organization, or even a long plot-line involving a lot of draenei role-players.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:12 am

I will probably abuse WoD's storyline to revive Thelos trough the comic book magic of 'alternative universes/continuities', guild or no guild. If there's to be a guild: great! I'll check if it fits. If not: that's no loss (you can't lose what you don't have), I'll make do without.

---

Also, in response to Zinke:

I wouldn't, if I were you, since odds are you are in for a massive disappointment. I spend a lot of love and energy in preparing something grandiose for the pandaproject with a whole crew of likeminded folk, only to see every single one of them besides myself abandoning ship and marooning me amongst strangers.

I don't believe in too much preparation. Guilds follow the flow of role-play, not the other way around; if you try to swim too much against the current and create something where there's no material to make what you want to make, you are in for endless frustration. I experienced this firsthand when I struggled to create a religious draenei guild, and I experienced the opposite when I created Blooming Lotus and everything just sort of happened automatically without me really doing anything in particular.

It's tempting to think that, when you are successful in creating a racial guild, it is due to your efforts and force of personality; but really you just so happened to have the right voice and face for a movement that was already happening. The causality happens the other way around: first people start doing things, then they organize said things by giving it a name and a face.

Just be patient. Don't dream and speculate too much. Start playing what you want to play and when you do, look around you. If there are like-minded people doing the same thing as you are, the guild will happen automatically, as it should.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2