Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Demon Summoning

4 posters

Go down

Demon Summoning Empty Demon Summoning

Post by Demurral Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:46 pm

How would a Warlock go about binding a Demon to their control?
There's not not much information available, but I have a few ideas for my Warlock to do so.
Is it acceptable to draw a pentagram, place inside items that represent the demon in question, then infuse it with power to summon the Demon, and then try to learn its True Name, in an attempt to bind that Demon to the control of the Warlock?

For example, an Imp could be represented by a practical joke and a fire. I would then attempt to trick the Imp into revealing his true name, by offering up gifts of alcohol and rich meats, all the while referring to said Imp as Great One, Powerful Lord, etc. When the Imp is convinced of his superiority over the lowly mortal, I would attempt to trick him into revealing his name, with offers of committing great acts in his name, to show others the great power of this Demon, to make sacrifices for him, if only he would grant this lowly mortal the honor of knowing his name.

If the Imp falls for it, I could then bind him to my service by invoking his True Name.
There would be similar methods for other demons, such as Succumbi - the reagents could be a perfect rose with a single thorn, the blood of two lovers willingly given, an object of beauty and lust, and an object of torture or pain, before I attempt to break the aura of lust and subservient she has.
Does this sound acceptable, or not?
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet
Name: Greyclaw
Title: Witch of the Wilds

Back to top Go down

Demon Summoning Empty Re: Demon Summoning

Post by Skarain Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:52 pm

You're about on right tracks on it. I didn't do much demonic summonings on my own Warlock though, so can't comment to much on it. I'll link this thingy of Meln though.

Infernal Key - a guide to demonic summonings
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:01 pm

That is a suitible guide yeah as far as examples made by players go, i liked this too:
http://roleplayingcorner.bestofforum.com/t2-rituals-of-the-nether

Otherwise rest is up to you. But we supose it's something like that of course be careful! The demon may trick you!

Haven't roleplayed out any demon summoning myself but it's good to have some way of dealing with it remember though a demon might turn the tables around!
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:10 pm

I imagine that the more vain, comic-book villain style warlocks (those we often encounter in our questing etc) might just skip the niceness and straight out try to dominate the demon's mind by breaking its will completely as it's summoned. That'd probably require more than just a little superiority when it comes to power though. I can imagine how the demon breaks the warlock's will in the battle of minds, and assumes control of the warlock himself too.

I have no lore supporting either at all Smile

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:29 pm

Well in the end walking down the path of a warlock isn't something any simple farmer can do. You must really be something of knowledge and skill with a pinch of insanity to not get yourself killed too fast!
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down