Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] The Iron Vengeance

+8
Lexgrad
siegmund
Charlie Blazesong
Bakar
Officer High Morale
Gnivil
Sohan
Nexiax
12 posters

Go down

[A] The Iron Vengeance Empty [A] The Iron Vengeance

Post by Nexiax Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:37 pm

Mysterious star symbols are being carved into the walls of Stormwind. The guards of Stormwind try their best to remove these stars, but they keep reappearing, and the person creating these symbols has not been found. And now, these star symbols are being painted in blood. As you stop to observe one of these symbols, a brown piece of parchment flutters down to your feet. Picking it up, it shows a map of westfall, and an “X” is drawn over the cave by the Gaping Chasm. Underneath the map, a star symbol has been drawn, and underneath that there is some text, which says:

“Pass the trial of the assassin, and you may join our ranks. Signed, Ghost.”

------------------

Hello everyone,
The Iron Vengeance, led by myself, is a new guild based around the idea of assassination. Lead by a mysterious figure that is only known as “Ghost” (Myself), the Iron Vengeance will stalk the shadows at night, and inspire fear and terror in to the streets of the major cities of the alliance. To join, simply /w myself (Nykem) and we’ll start by doing the first event, “The trial of the assassin”.

We plan to host regular events, at least 2 per week, mainly based around assassination, although there may be other kinds of events. The “assassination targets” in these events will usually be an NPC as I’m sure many of you wish to keep your characters alive, but if you wish we can do a short RP event where we kill a player character. All you need to do is contact one of our members with the details.

The guild has a rather simple rank structure:

> The lowest rank is an OOC. These people have yet to the trial of the assassin, or they are an alt and don’t actually plan to join.

> The next rank up is the Initiated. These people have completed the trial, but they have yet to prove themselves worthy by completing a mission or two. These people don’t get much say in what happens around the guild, and they are considered “Disposable”

> Then, we have the Proven. These people have completed the trial, as well as a mission or two. The get a couple more privileges, but they still don’t get much say in what happens. They can be expected on the rare occasion to lead other proven or initiated people in an assassination mission, or to do a solo mission themselves.

> After the Proven, we have the Experts. The Experts have completed the trial, and have many missions under their belts. They can be expected to gain contacts for the guild, acquire new missions and complete these missions either on their own or by leading a small group of other assassins. Their opinion is usually taken into consideration.

> Officers have completed the trial, done many missions with a group, they have leaded a group themselves and they have done a solo mission or two. They can be expected to gather many contacts for the guild, acquire challenging missions to be completed, and then to execute these missions either leading a group or not. They can also be expected to run the day to day business of the guild, and make sure no one gets into too much trouble

> The leader oversees the whole organisation. They make sure that everyone is doing their jobs, and they also plan out and execute the most dangerous and difficult plans with the whole organisation at their disposal.

You can also expect not to rise through all the ranks in a day. Only through participating in events will you be able to rise through the ranks.

The guild does have a “Home base” as such, the barn and cave in westfall serve as a place to go to when you’re either on the run or there is a mission that you wish to brief people. The barn serves as the primary base, with a trapdoor that leads to a tunnel that is connected to the back of the cave where the trail of the assassin takes place.

Although we are a relaxed and friendly guild, there are a few IC and OOC rules. First of all, the IC rules:

1. Do not tell people you are an Assassin. Lead a second life, such as fisherman, barmaid or butcher
2. Follow the instructions of your superiors down to the letter
3. Betray the organisation, and you shall be hunted down and killed
4. If you get into prison, we will not help you in any way in escaping from prison.

The OOC rules now:

1. No prison breaks without the permission of the guards
2. No overpowered or god emoting
3. No “Special Snowflake” characters
4. Stay active, and inform an officer if you’re going to be offline for a long period of time

Some quick things before finishing:

Everything above may seem a little brief, blank and not very descriptive, and I apologise. If you have any questions about the guild, please ask bellow. This is my first time of running a RP guild, so I’m looking for experienced role players who can help me in running the guild. Newer RPers are of course, allowed to be accepted and can work their way up the guild ranks. I, and any other officers, would be glad to help you become experienced roleplayers.

That will be all, have a nice day!
Nexiax
Nexiax

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[A] The Iron Vengeance Empty Re: [A] The Iron Vengeance

Post by Sohan Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:14 pm

Looks like a perfect place for my rogue. Might contact you once I renew my subscription.
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:48 pm

dude wrote:3. No “Special Snowflake” characters

But ain't the entire concept somewhat special snowflake? Being an assassin etc, unique and out of ordinary, calling yourself Ghost.

No?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nexiax Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:56 pm

An assassin could be considered as more of a job rather than as a class. Consider it more like a hunter of humans, and it doesn't seem so much like a special snowflake.

And she calls herself "Ghost" because of a minor guild rule that comes into place after joining the guild and because she does her best to keep herself covered whilst on assassin buisness, so she could be any female human.

When I talk about special snowflake characters, I more mean some kind of long lost son/daughter of Malfurion and Tyrande who has been raised by humans and is now a master assassin with access to all kinds of magic. We will only consider recruiting this person if they change their back story to be more believable and less "There can only be one of me".
Nexiax
Nexiax

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gnivil Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:59 pm

Cerik Ironforge wrote:
dude wrote:3. No “Special Snowflake” characters

But ain't the entire concept somewhat special snowflake? Being an assassin etc, unique and out of ordinary, calling yourself Ghost.

No?
I think he just means no "I'm a 1/4 orc 1/4 draenei 1/2 human son of the most powerful wizard ever and I have the powers of all teh classes"

I mean, who would create such a chara- oh wait.
Gnivil
Gnivil

Character sheet
Name: Gnivil
Title: Grand-Warden of the Eventide Vanguard

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:58 am

I luv it, I luv it, I luv it Very Happy! Although I don't quite understand the IC rule number 3, isn't that forcing char death :/?

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Bakar Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:12 am

Well, betray the group and someone will come and try to kill you. It's still RP, and it's consequences for betraying the group, I don't see anything wrong, it's not like someone comes over and emotes *Kills X*. It'd be a fight, and tbf, if you join an assassination guild and betray it, you have to expect a char death.
Bakar
Bakar

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:26 am

Bakar wrote:Well, betray the group and someone will come and try to kill you. It's still RP, and it's consequences for betraying the group, I don't see anything wrong, it's not like someone comes over and emotes *Kills X*. It'd be a fight, and tbf, if you join an assassination guild and betray it, you have to expect a char death.

I still just don't see it as fair. What if you changed your mind and wanted to join another guild? Well, sure, a fight, but imo not even that can force char death if the victim himself doesn't want to.

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:40 am

Artemis Dragneel wrote:
Bakar wrote:Well, betray the group and someone will come and try to kill you. It's still RP, and it's consequences for betraying the group, I don't see anything wrong, it's not like someone comes over and emotes *Kills X*. It'd be a fight, and tbf, if you join an assassination guild and betray it, you have to expect a char death.

I still just don't see it as fair. What if you changed your mind and wanted to join another guild? Well, sure, a fight, but imo not even that can force char death if the victim himself doesn't want to.

'Changing your mind and wanting to join another guild' has consequences in an organization of super secret awesome assassins.

You don't join the KGB and then decide you want to join the CIA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:44 am

Cerik Ironforge wrote:
Artemis Dragneel wrote:

'Changing your mind and wanting to join another guild' has consequences in an organization of super secret awesome assassins.

You don't join the KGB and then decide you want to join the CIA.

Well, you could but you'd be damn sure there would be people waiting for you in your bathroom with a gun or knife or subtle stuff. Also, they'd probably try and poison your food first.
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:51 am

Even if you leave a normal organization, sometimes there are consiquences, like if you just outright quit a job without a word there is little chance the employer will just take you back the next day.

Also disguises and trying to stay in hiding would be in option but as most said you know their secrets by then maybe, even if simple ones. Also it only writes betraying, so of course you can ICly try and talk it out and stay as a informant possibly?

For lords sake assassins and no one has one smudge of brain power to think of your way out of a sticky situation!
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Nexiax Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:38 pm

Rule number three is saying that by betraying the organisation then we will send an assassin to come and attempt to kill you.

We will message you first and ask if your ok with your characters death, but if your not then the attempted assassinations against you (There will probably be more than one) will fail every time.

Of course, even if you are ok with character death then we will still attempt to assassinate you, and there is a chance that you could survive it.
Nexiax
Nexiax

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sohan Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:12 pm

Cerik Ironforge wrote:You don't join the KGB and then decide you want to join the CIA.
This.
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:34 pm

We do have way too much plot armour in RP imo. People who just leave military guilds should be hunted for desertion too.

Is it so supprising that if you hurt an order of assassins bad shit will happen, has no one seen kill bill XD
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:01 pm

I think this is a splendid idea and that you should keep on doing what you think is right! Remember to keep it silent IC but loud OOC, talk to people before you do something to make sure its okay.

Bad stuff happened to me because I got a little to much IC and didn''t keep up OOC and that still haunts me today.

Hope I will continue seeing you on Thorvald on some epic quests, now that I'm level 90 I can finally go to Pandaria without getting instantly killed by some random hordie *Stares down at Ragnasha, not that he has done anything.*
Who knows, maybe I will see you while you work on your missions too.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:26 am

Could be fun, but please teach the assassins manners, discipline and respect. If there is one thing that is tiering its more "Young, arrogant and cocky rogue assassins who lacks finess and think that they are badass" because hell, no one likes to play with them...

Also, if you are giving out codenames, can you try to be original and not boring by not using the angsty/dark codenames that EVERYONE who play assassin/spy use like "Raven", "Shadow", "Crow", "Ghost", "Nightstalker" etc? Try to be a bit imaginative and original!
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:19 am

Could be fun, but please teach the assassins manners, discipline and respect. If there is one thing that is tiering its more "Young, arrogant and cocky rogue assassins who lacks finess and think that they are badass" because hell, no one likes to play with them...

Pretty much.

Also, if you are giving out codenames, can you try to be original and not boring by not using the angsty/dark codenames that EVERYONE who play assassin/spy use like "Raven", "Shadow", "Crow", "Ghost", "Nightstalker" etc? Try to be a bit imaginative and original!

Cupcake, Tiny, Freckles, Sandy, Bob, Rainbow?
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:05 am

Cant go wrong with Orange
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:48 am

Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:26 am

Thelos wrote:

I so need an alt called Mr. Orange.
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:22 pm

I agree with Helmut's advices. Also, since assassination requests seem to be scarce I suggest you to work on other activities too, like espionage, sabotage and so forth. In any case, good luck with your guild!

(That scene always cracks me up rofl)
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down